ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

1980 by Bob Gruen - Thanks Rogerriffin
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS< /a>]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The War has started Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
03-26-03 01:15 PM
J.J.Flash vampire, toda vez que falo contigo parece que me ignora. Leia suas mensagens privadas. Estou aguardando bicho! Abra�o!
03-26-03 02:22 PM
Doxa "Vampire: Just say "No, we don't have any of the money we owe you and promised and
defaulted on numerouse times, sorry"

Vampire, don�t give that money back; it is yours and should be yours, with that money
the yankees would just make some another war to promote "liberty" and
"democracy" in some thousands miles away.

Doxa
03-26-03 02:57 PM
Maxlugar I pray to God each night that the U.S. stops giving aid to other countries. It has made them lazy and cynical.

"Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime" -- Some smart biblical douche.

I hope we stop with the handouts and let these countries stand or fall on their own merits.

Everyone hates us anyway. Couldn't get any worse.

03-26-03 03:02 PM
telecaster
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I pray to God each night that the U.S. stops giving aid to other countries. It has made them lazy and cynical.

"Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime" -- Some smart biblical douche.

I hope we stop with the handouts and let these countries stand or fall on their own merits.

No joke. Welfare for ungrateful countries. Talk about good money after bad. May as well go out 150 miles off Long Island and dump the cash in the ocean. Same result
03-26-03 03:22 PM
Pattie

I agree, everyone hates America right now, but that�s because of Bush not because of the country
03-26-03 03:25 PM
egon not everyone hates america.

i certainly don't.

and bush just makes me laugh.

the war however, does not
03-26-03 03:43 PM
vampire
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I pray to God each night that the U.S. stops giving aid to other countries. It has made them lazy and cynical.

Hey Max!
I couldnt agree more with you about that bible fish story,
very known by over here too.

About the aid to other countries, as you know is a very complex matter to discuss here. US have many interests here & other places, and that's why helps.
There's no free meal, you know. Somebody always pays the bill.

Just to clear the point: I don't consider myself lazy or cynical, & I don't hate anyone, I don't hate at all americans. I just not agree with the war -- any war.

What I wrote some lines above I was just kidding or making fun, i think you can realize that with no doubts to taken seriously.

Don't mix Iraq & Brazil. People here love americans in general, Big macs, Macs, PCs, Coca-Cola (coke), hot dogs, rock and roll, fast food, Julia Roberts, Clint Eastwood, Liberty Statue, Friends (Jannifer Anniston), CNN, Nasdaq, NYTimes, NYC, Nasa, Bob Dylan, Neutrogena, Cindy Crawford, Boeing, Microsoft, Disneyland & DisneyWorld, Michael Jordan...an infinite list of americans icons!

Well, i think that's is not hate, Max. Maybe you should come here to spend some Carnaval, for sure you would change your mind. There are countries and countries, don't mix all.

[Edited by vampire]
03-26-03 03:49 PM
Pattie
Don�t forget peanut butter....
03-26-03 04:02 PM
Doxa
"Everyone hates us anyway."

A little bit over-rating but still... Have you my brave defenders of Omnipotent Pax Americana
ever thought why is it so? What I have learnt here is that you are just promoting Goodness
into the world: saving Europe a couple of times, feeding the third world, giving them culture
like coke and jeans and Hollywood, inventing scientific breakthroughs, putting a man in the
moon, killing diseases like communism, tyrannism and terrorism, and you even have God on your side.
And what you get back? Bad talk, unfaithfull allies, hatred.. How come non-americans be so ungrateful?
How dare they? Is it just a question of jealousy, or ignorance, or stupidity,
or bad esteem, or poorness, or ugliness, or smaller penis?

Strange.

Maybe America is too good for the rest of the World.

Doxa, not the chosen one = non-American
03-26-03 04:03 PM
macawber i just can't believe you guys are talking about world affairs with someone named "cocksucker" and another one named "vampire".that and the picture of the guys beating up ronald mcdonald is some of the funniest shit i've seen in awhile.

vamp,cock and the others should just admit what the real issue is:you don't like america or americans and anything we do isn't right in your eyes.why tell us about it?fly to iraq,sneak into the country and tell the military.be sure to run right at them, waving your hands and yelling to make sure they hear you.
03-26-03 04:16 PM
F505 Don't be too touchy macawber (what's in a name). Being critical isn't the same as being anti. A democracy must be strong enough to cope with criticism.
03-26-03 04:18 PM
telecaster Doxa please tell us all about Finlands strengths and weaknesses

Lets discuss Finland for a while, no?
03-26-03 04:22 PM
egon
quote:
Doxa wrote:

"Everyone hates us anyway."

A little bit over-rating but still... Have you my brave defenders of Omnipotent Pax Americana
ever thought why is it so? What I have learnt here is that you are just promoting Goodness
into the world: saving Europe a couple of times, feeding the third world, giving them culture
like coke and jeans and Hollywood, inventing scientific breakthroughs, putting a man in the
moon, killing diseases like communism, tyrannism and terrorism, and you even have God on your side.
And what you get back? Bad talk, unfaithfull allies, hatred.. How come non-americans be so ungrateful?
How dare they? Is it just a question of jealousy, or ignorance, or stupidity,
or bad esteem, or poorness, or ugliness, or smaller penis?

Strange.

Maybe America is too good for the rest of the World.

Doxa, not the chosen one = non-American

is this sarcasm? (i sure hope so...)
03-26-03 04:51 PM
vampire hi macawber, I don�t like Bush and what the US gov is doing about Iraq, and that�s all. It doesnt mean I - or we - don�t like americans. What a story...get a plain and go to Iraq?? No thanks, go you!!!

About my nick i could say the same about your president name, huh? Bush??? gimme a break. And yours? Btw, is a nick or its for real?
See? This question really doesnt matter.

03-26-03 04:53 PM
vampire
quote:
Pattie wrote:

Don�t forget peanut butter....

Thanks Pattie! Very tasty.
oops, i also forgot Angelina Jolie

03-26-03 04:56 PM
Pattie
Finnish men are the toughest men in the world
03-26-03 04:57 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Pattie wrote:

Finnish men are the toughest men in the world

You please some men now with that statement

ain't that marko>?
03-26-03 05:00 PM
vampire
quote:
telecaster wrote:

No joke. Welfare for ungrateful countries. Talk about good money after bad. May as well go out 150 miles off Long Island and dump the cash in the ocean. Same result

But you should say that to government pple, or braziliam president in my case, not to us, huh?
03-26-03 05:04 PM
Pattie
yea! and it�s the truth too.
That one�s for you Marko
03-26-03 05:52 PM
egon
[Edited by egon]
[Edited by egon]
03-26-03 06:01 PM
Doxa egon, yes it was supposed to sarcasm but not a very good one - in fact I already regret that I posted it.

telecaster, surely we can discuss about Finland but I think people will not find that very interesting
- I don't blame them for that.

But let me tell you just one thing. Maybe this clears things a little bit, or at least offers one more
view on this war matter. I hope people will get me wrong and hate me because of this.
Because I don�t have a stand in this war - my country is not involved and personally I can not relate
myself to the ideals and motives of the Bush coalation. I follow this war from a perspective of an outsider,
it is an interesting "real tv" -spectacle kind of thing for me. It is like watching
football - but much more interesting. For you, my British and U.S. - or even Iraqi - colleagues
it is quite different - you have more emotions (and flesh and bones as well)
involved in this crisis naturally.

But this said, I have consulted my feelings and I have noticed
that somehow I feel sympathy for Iraq and the Iraqi troops.

You might ask why? And the answer is not my supposed anti-americanism - I don�t have much of that.
I suppose the answer is connected to my own nationality and to my country�s history. You see, there
is something common in that position that Iraq has now to that my country had in 1939. In that
winter 1939-40 the Soviet Union, our grand neighbour with whom we have 1000 kilometers borderline,
tried to occupy Finland and the whole world just watched how it goes - and nobody did anything to
help this poor little country. Well, Russians didn't succeeded because of the heavy resistence, (if you
know the term 'Molotov's coctail' was invented then) but I don't discuss that here.

So you see my point and analogy here: as I see there is a superpower with its superior army and
then there is a small and weak poor country that desperately tries to fight for its sovereignty (well, the truth is
exactly that but I exaggarate to get my point here); really sort of a David and Goljat thing.

I hope I didn�t offend any one with this post. The topic of war is a sensitive one
- and it should be.

Doxa
03-26-03 06:23 PM
littleredrooster Doxa,
That was a very rational post,without offense.
You view this conflict as an American watching the World Cup.....emotionally detached, no particular favorite.

Be happy that you are in a free country like Finland, able to access the web and share your thoughts and concerns.

You may criticize the American involvement in this war and it is my hope that the ultimate outcome will achieve the goal.....freedom for the oppressed Iraqi people.
This is what the American people want.
I hope that their suffering is now limited because of the incipient removal of Saddam's torturers.
I too feel sorry for the Armies of Iraqis that will die in this war, they only know fear and oppression. They are certainly afraid of their leaders.
They have more fear of Saddam than the Allied liberators.
As the tides sweep Iraq, may this fear dissipate.

And in closing.................

BOYCOTT LUTEFISK !!!!
03-26-03 06:34 PM
vampire
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:
As the tides sweep Iraq, may this fear dissipate.

How poetic! you�re crackin me up, LRR
LOL
03-26-03 06:47 PM
littleredrooster The post was not directed to you, V
Thanks for coming down from your tree long enough to stike the keyboard and share some of your wisdom!
You would better spend your time fetching petrol for your generator.

Have another banana!!!!
03-26-03 06:50 PM
Doxa I see I made two very bad mistakes in my post above, so I need to correct those here.
There are two VERY important "not":s missing:
(1)I hoped that you will NOT get me wrong and start to hate me. (the contrary is a bit masochist one)
(2)about the idea of Iraq fighting for its sovereignty against the big bad conquerors: the truth is NOT exactly that.

Doxa
03-26-03 06:58 PM
vampire
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:
The post was not directed to you, V
Thanks for coming down from your tree long enough to stike the keyboard and share some of your wisdom!
You would better spend your time fetching petrol for your generator.

Have another banana!!!!

What mad you get, LRR!
Well, if you don�t know accept a joke, fuck you.
03-26-03 07:05 PM
littleredrooster JA JA!
Vampire make wery phoney yoke!
He/She/It makes it the moust phunniest yokes, no ?

Did eye shake it you tree two hardt ??

Ja Ja Ja
03-26-03 07:20 PM
vampire yep, I really would prefer be with the monkeys than with you.

I mean, i�m so sweeeeeeet, you�re so rude! What�s boring you, loveluv?

03-26-03 07:40 PM
littleredrooster Kisses to you, my Vampire !!!
I like your good sense of humor!

Do you like the Stones??
Or, are you stuck in the quagmire of World politics?
I hope that they eventually visit SA, and your country.
If they do play Brazil............
Promise to keep an eye on Mick to prevent him from another paternity fiasco.

If this is the start of WW3, I'll buy a tree in your neighborhood and we can then throw bananas at each other!

LMFAO!!!
[Edited by littleredrooster]
03-26-03 08:15 PM
icydanger

hot winds or monkeys from the tropical forests (little animals) i think .just wondering through this thread, traders...

War could become a nightmare, the names of Maccarthy parachuted on me

why gamble on war instead of security?
NK regime at the euro asiatic block!
were is bush not welcome? another new joke.
south america? sources?

GWB43
please look at your own people, your neighbours, with an open eye, not only from the place on the planet you grew or moved around on (L?), the time in history since the beginnings of times, SATS

the fight is against an invisible ennemy: terrorism
and yes, the tension holds its roots in middle east
swamping in liters of black stone gold diamonds.
How many years in Saudia? oil= troops?

why not spend on programs and renewable energy?
in having water all over, food, roof, parents,
the basic human rights

GWB43 should concentrate on the people. his own people.
nobody likes sadam and, yes, i admit, the feeling is beginning to grow against bush,its a collective emotion.

What would happen if the same happend in asia??????

parano.

to be quite honnest, the new world cannot be built with 2 out of 5.
my take on it

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST