ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

1980 by Bob Gruen - Thanks Rogerriffin
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS< /a>]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The War has started Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
03-20-03 05:37 PM
steel driving hammer Was studying the history of Iraq today a bit and have a question for those who might know...

Was Nebakaneezer once the leader of Iraq?

Thanks.

Also the Tower of Babel was built in Iraq.
One of the 7 ancient wonders of the world.

http://ce.eng.usf.edu/pharos/wonders/gardens.html

03-20-03 05:50 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Also the Tower of Babel was built in Iraq.
One of the 7 ancient wonders of the world.

Well I hope that friggin' thing has a cruise missle with it name on it!
03-20-03 05:52 PM
telecaster
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Well I hope that friggin' thing has a cruise missle with it name on it!

sirmoonie after looking at your Avatar there was an
article in the 3-10 WSJ by Winston S. Churchill titled:

"My Grandfather Created Iraq" No shit.
03-20-03 05:55 PM
Highwire Rob
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Yes, let us stop all bickering and put our faith in the Tomahawk missles that god, in his unbounded and infinite love for us, has provided...

God-Turner sending in the Tomahawks and covering it on God's TV station, CNN. Hanoi Jane! Where are you!
03-20-03 06:07 PM
telecaster
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:

God-Turner sending in the Tomahawks and covering it on God's TV station, CNN. Hanoi Jane! Where are you!

Highwire I hope Darin Kagin is out of harms way
03-20-03 07:23 PM
Fiji Joe A poll...for pertinent discusion...a list of all democratic nations that also serve as state sponsors of terrorism...

[simpletons insert your anti-American rhetoric here]

The importance? For those who are so friggin' myopic to think the coalition presence in Iraq is about oil and money...it's not...it's about establishing a form of government that cannot and does not co-exist with murderous ideologies...such is the unstated goal of the Bush and Blair administrations...a transistion to democracy...Iraq by external force....Iran by internal revolution...and the remainder of the middle-east out of self-preservation...eradication of the conditions that breed the ideology...as opposed to the eradication of the people who practice the ideology...

It's a war on terrorism...and very humane one at that...no thanks are necessary but we would appreciate it if you did not spit in our face
03-20-03 07:32 PM
vampire
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

It's a war on terrorism...and very humane one at that...no thanks are necessary but we would appreciate it if you did not spit in our face

It�s not about spit on your face, it�s about US government make fool all of you and us. Why The New York Times doesnt belive in Bush?
03-20-03 07:39 PM
Fiji Joe Ha Ha Vampire...now you've showed your ass..."Why the NY Time doesn't believe in Bush"...Do me a favor and refrain from hinging your criticism on something you know nothing about...or buy a copy of the NY Post and you will have your answer...contrary to what you may think...all the answers to your questions about Americans cannot be found on TV or the NY Times...a more complex nation than you can appreciate...walk a decade in my shoes

Beyond that, I'll let someone else give you a specific answer...but, I think I may have stumbled onto something here...Do many Europeans read the NY Times for news that is occuring in America?...This would explain a lot
03-20-03 07:59 PM
icydanger ...a more complex nation than you can appreciate...walk a decade in my shoes

It may be even more complex for the decades to come.... to walk in shoes.

I think none can be sure of anything.

*sigh
03-20-03 08:58 PM
Joey Icy ...........................

I like the way you think my ' washing your balls in frozen ice water ' young pal .

Would you like to see " Steely Dan " in concert with Max and myself this summer ?

Developing ......................

Shiver .........( A little Joke )

Stones !

JACKY !
03-20-03 09:50 PM
JaggaRichards That Harry Carey crack was thr funniest thing I've heard all day.
Thank you.
03-20-03 11:25 PM
Fiji Joe Yeah Icy..I would say if you live in the Korean penninsula or Southern Asia you might wanna hold off on buying any shoes...Of course, those guys could just steal the ones they make
03-21-03 12:21 AM
parmeda Feej...
Being a life-long, die-hard, give me the pin-stripes-I'll-wear-'em-everyday Cubs Fan that I am...
I appreciate your "Harry Humor" more than you'll EVER know...

The photo of Saddam along with the captions...priceless!

[Edited by parmeda]
03-21-03 04:13 AM
cocksucker Fiji Jim wrote:
it's about establishing a form of government that cannot and does not co-exist with murderous ideologies...such is the unstated goal of the Bush and Blair administrations...a transistion to democracy..

Hahahahahaahahaahahhahahaaaaaaa! The biggest joke of the century! Priceless!!!!
03-21-03 07:08 AM
steel driving hammer They surrender all down the line...

03-21-03 07:40 AM
Maxlugar [quote]Joey wrote:
.At least The Who knew when to quit making records .

What?

WHAT???!?!?!

Joey, they were at least a Face Dances and a It's Hard too late for THAT!

Also, are you suggesting the Stones should have stopped at Undercover? Tell Maxy you are kidding! Surely, even though you hate the magnificent Dirty Work, you love and admire the incredilbe Voodoo Lounge...

No?

I will not be seeing Steely Dan with you until I get an answer.

TIA!

M The ACKY!
03-21-03 07:45 AM
vampire
Fiji Jim is the real terrorist here, as well as Bush and others idiotics like them. You're so ridiculous that I feel shame of you

I can't believe stones fan might be so retard. Also, I will leave this board before I start to think intelligence in USA only as imported iten.

Hay, and about those hundreds of prisons last nigt in Frisco and Chicago?
03-21-03 07:57 AM
Maxlugar The pure fact that Saddam has look alikes that have plastic surgery to look like him is pretty evil, no Vampire?

I mean come on. That is Dr. Evil stuff right there.

Why do you defend such a man? A man that does such things is diabolical for sure, no?

Could you imagine if any Western Leader did that?

Face it Vampire, we are on the right side here.

03-21-03 08:06 AM
vampire Hey Max, I'm not defending Saddan, it's clear that is evil and everything said about him.

I simply don't understand why USA think is the police of the world.

USA have nothing to do what is happening in other places. Nobody is calling you.

Even that, you're sending american soldiers to death in Iraq. It's not heroic, it's pathetic, to say the least.

But this discussion here is useless. I'm not american, nobody needs my opinion. Unlikely Fiji Joe, I'm not important enough

03-21-03 08:28 AM
cocksucker First abolish capital punishment in your civilised democratic country and than we talk again.

I am ashamed to live in a land where justice is a game
-Bob Dylan
03-21-03 08:48 AM
Riffhard Hey Vampire,
Answer me this. When the problem was in Europe's back yard with Slobadon Milosofuck why weren't you bitching then? I mean the French and Germans were more than willing to ask for the USA's help when the nastiness was right at your heals! We are now removing a sick,diabolical,saddistic dictator that has on at least ten occassions called for the death of America. You don't live in my country,vampire. You don't know the horror that we Americans felt on Sept. 11,2001. Bush addressed the world on Sept. 21,2001 and stated very clearly that from this point forward the USA would take proactive steps in ridding the world of terrorists,people that harbour them,and country's that support them. Surlely,you are not denying that Saddam Hussien has been a supporter of terrorists?!

This man has,even by French accounts,WMDs. Now what would you suggest we do vampire? Should we wait untill Saddam slips some chemical or biological weapons to some of his terrorist buddies?! That is not an option. You guys won't feel this war is justified until there are more dead Americans!? Did you know,vampire,that two pounds of anthrax can kill over onehundred thousand people? That could be smuggled out of Iraq down someones pants. If he acted on his promiss to destroy America he could easily hand these weapons over. Are you suggesting we wait until he does?!

You claim that the USA is acting as the world's policeman. Bullshit! We are simply removeing a threat that exists in the real world. Again,you cetainly wanted our policing when the trouble erupted on the European shores. You,vampire,are the hypocrit! I know many people that died on 9/11 and I can tell you this. You would have a completely different view on this whole issue if it happened in one of your cities! And guess what? The USA would be right there to help you deal with it! I only wish the same could be said of your country!

Get off America's back vampire! We are doing what we said we would do over a year ago. It's funny the whole world seemed to support Bush when he said that back then. It would appear that some of our former European friends have a very short memory! Well,America has a long memory and it's a safe bet that we won't forget who our true friends were,and are,when this is all over!

Riffhard
03-21-03 09:10 AM
Riffhard cocksucker,

You live in such an enlightened country,huh? Well I for one have no shame about capital punishment. If someone killed my daughter after raping her your goddamned right I want that fucker dead! If the goverment wouldn't do it,I sure as hell would!

By the way did you hear about the guy that Saddam strung up to a utility pole last week? It seems that he had bad mouthed Saddam so he was strung up. His tounge was cut out and then he was beaten to death in front of the Iraqi citizens to prove the how humane Hussien's goverment was! Yeah,I guess your right cocksucker,compared to Iraq the USA is pure evil! Give me a break! Stop shoving your moral judgments in our face.

Are you saying that if the USA did not have capital punishment you would support this justified war? I didn't think so. By the way did you hear what Hans Blix said yesterday? He said that if Iraq was deploying Scud missles that the war would be justified because those weapons are in direct violation of all 17 of the UN's resolutions. Guess what? Iraq has fired at least four Scuds in the last 24 hours. You know the ones. There the ones that France,Germany,and every other limp wristed country insisted that the USA had not proven that Saddam still had!

I can't wait to see all the evidence laid bare to the world. Lots of countries will be eating crow then. As for America,we'll just say,"Your welcome."

Riffhard
03-21-03 09:19 AM
telecaster I want the board to know I am about to launch my
"Shock and Awe" phase of my postings today.

You have been warned
03-21-03 09:24 AM
steel driving hammer "Guess what? Iraq has fired at least four Scuds in the last 24 hours. You know the ones. There the ones that France,Germany,and every other limp wristed country insisted that the USA had not proven that Saddam still had!"

Yep!

And there's more! Oh there's more baby!

Wait until WE find them! You know, the stuff the UN Weapons Inspector Cluesoe's couldn't find!
03-21-03 09:36 AM
Riffhard That's right SDH!

This just in......Iraq has just fired seven more illegle Scuds at Kuwait in the last hour!

Riffhard
03-21-03 09:57 AM
Fiji Joe Vampire...if all you can do is post America-bashing posts ain't no one gonna miss you...If you were debating the merits of any war why would I have a problem with you...you need to take a look at how I respond to people who argue on the merits and refrain from personal attacks or attacks on someone's country...speak on the issues jackass...if you can

You have the nerve to call me stupid?...you haven't said one intelligent thing on this board...your whole rhetoric equates to "America bad, me right"...you're a fucking joke and if your debate skills are indicative of the rest of your America hating friends, well, I think your cause is dead before it started...Do you even listen to the Stones or are you just some flaming troll?

And Parmeda, I didn't start the Harry Carrey comparisons so I won't take credit for that...and so you know, I am rapidly becoming a "die-hard Cubs fan"...In fact, allow me to float the idea of a Rocks Off pilgrimage to Wrigley Field...there is no better place to watch a ball game...So I'm told

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
03-21-03 09:59 AM
telecaster Hey, all the anti war people wanted was more inspectors in Iraq.

Now there are 150,000 in Iraq. Is that called a win-win?
03-21-03 10:02 AM
Joey " Joey, they were at least a Face Dances and a It's Hard too late for THAT! "

Max , you make Joey say , Huh ??????

Without those two albums , this orb never would have had terrific anthems like " Eminence Front " and " You Better You Bet " or " Tricky Day " !!!!!!!!!

What anthemic hits have the Stones produced since 1981's Tattoo You ????????

Please ...............I's justs gots to knows !

JACKY BOY !
03-21-03 10:09 AM
steel driving hammer What anthemic hits have the Stones produced since 1981's Tattoo You ????????

Don't Stop!

Bakie Don't Stop!

Pee la la baby Don't Stop, he bout a honey!
03-21-03 10:25 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
...it's about establishing a form of government that cannot and does not co-exist with murderous ideologies...such is the unstated goal of the Bush and Blair administrations...a transistion to democracy...Iraq by external force....Iran by internal revolution...and the remainder of the middle-east out of self-preservation...eradication of the conditions that breed the ideology...as opposed to the eradication of the people who practice the ideology...

Democracy is actually a stated "goal" now, although I don't think either Bush or Blair took it too seriously. More like last ditch pre-war drink special to entice those unsure whether to attend the party.

Its very naive to think we would try to install a democracy in any of those countries and I doubt any of them are capable of handling one anyway. In any case, you aren't going to see one in our lifetime.

The real goal is destruction of a scumbag regime that doesn't like us, and replacement with an equally scumbaginous regime beholden to us for its very existence and the hundreds of billions (trillions?) of our tax dollars that will be Fed Ex'ed to them over the coming decades. In return, we get a sense of security in cheap and continuous oil flow and a promise from the "pro-Western" scumbags that we appoint that anti-Western Islamic fundmentalism within the country will be squashed when it appears. And it will be squashed, along with any other sentiments the new government doesn't like, via the old ways - somewhat random imprisonment, torture, rape, murder, and mini-genocides.

Other than who their government is pals with, and a switch in the parts of the Koran they are allowed to talk about, jack shit is going to change for anyone in Iraq, Iran, or anywhere else in the Middle East because of our adventures.

Fine by me, but lets not kid ourselves about what is going on.

"Bitchslap me with a Moabie and call me Marwannie, Ronnie!"
[Edited by sirmoonie]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST