ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

1980 by Bob Gruen - Thanks Rogerriffin
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS< /a>]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The War has started Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
03-26-03 08:22 PM
Fiji Joe "Finnish men are the toughest men in the world"

Alas, I know where to find my next heavyweight champ...Always looking to promote something
03-26-03 08:31 PM
icydanger

Trolls
what are their gods and geniuses names? i forgot.
its not a matter of who is the strongest on earth, its also being wise.

compromising, understanding hate and anger lead nowhwere-
03-26-03 09:44 PM
Fiji Joe Well icy, I believe you have put too much thought into this...sometimes it's just a matter of who lives at the highest elevation...you think the Tibetans aren't sitting pretty?
03-26-03 09:55 PM
icydanger fee jee

complex,you know well

where are the Tibetans sitting exactlty?
whats a K�l�ch�kra
is *us ready to fight China to free the Tibetans, or am I being too rational?
03-26-03 11:31 PM
Sir Stonesalot Just for fun...let's play, "The Shoe Is On The Other Foot".

Let's suppose that in 2004 a evil military dictator stages a bloody coup in Brazil. He has about 350,000 members in his goon squad, and they sweep into towns and cities in the night, making all of the voices of opposition disappear. They use poison gas on entire villages of people who don't support them. They rape, torture, and execute intellectuals, and people who don't have the same ideas. They starve the population in order to build themselves lavish palaces, fearsome weapons, and bulging swiss bank accounts. Amnesty International screams foul play! The USA and a few reliable Allies dash in and liberate your country..returning it back to the people of Brazil.

Wouldn't you hope that the USA would come in and clean house? Free the good people of Brazil?

Of course the above is fiction....but it is not completely impossible. South America has seen a viscious dictator or two in it's time...

Wouldn't you hope that we would help? I just used Brazil as the example for the benefit of vampire...but you could insert any country in there.

What would you rather do, live under the despotic rule of a tyrant...or have the US/UK/Oz free you from the tyrant's iron fist?

03-27-03 04:08 AM
gypsymofo60 Back in the the dark days of 1990/early'91, I seem to remember that as well as Kuwait, Saudi Arabia were indeed worried,(HA! more like shitting bricks), that Iraq would use Kuwait as a stepping stone to the richer pickings in Saudi. They welcomed The Coalition of that time,(led by America),with open arms. Well you would, wouldn't you?....But would you repay The Coalition's protection, 12 years later, by refusing to stand with those who afforded such protection? Would you allow Al-Jazeera,(Arabic for turncoat), to broadcast close up film of dead British & American soldiers? NO YOU FUCKING WOULDNT....well not if you possessed an ounce of decency. If it weren't for the future safety of America, Britain, parts of Europe and Australia, if it were up to me, I'd let the fuckers all wipe one another off the face of the planet. Sorry JB! I should have included Israel with The GOOD GUYS. Maybe a well aimed 'Tomahawk' could stray A LITTLE- (off course), and drop in on Al-Jazeera.
03-27-03 06:14 AM
cocksucker Someone wrote: freedom for the oppressed Iraqi people.
This is what the American people want.

Bullshit. The American people (with some exceptions maybe) don't give a damn. I didn't hear the past years any sounds from the US about the faith of the Iraqi people. But now Bush had declared war everyone suddenly is concerned about their faith. This whole thing is a matter of power and fear. Ofcourse the Americans are afraid after 3/11. That's why they act and in a sense it is understandable. But don't give me that freedom-shit.

03-27-03 07:34 AM
Mathijs Sir Stonesalot, you just showed why so many people around the world have anti-America feelings. In your example you state "Wouldn't you hope that the USA would come in and clean house? Free the good people of Brazil?". Well the answer could very well be "no". The US might be the only super power left, but the US society, politics and people aren't the most inspiring to many countries. When asked about Castro in Cuba, the Cubans answered "yes, we want Castro to go, but we don't want the US instead". This same answer can be heard in many other countries or states: Iraq, Palestine, Syria, the former Yougoslavia. But even America-friendly countries like Holland, Germany and France don�t see the US as example of liberty, freedom and prosperity. In contrary.

Second: if it is in America's interest to "liberate" the people of Iraq, why doesn't the US liberate the people of Zimbabwe? One million people are killed and the remaining 30 million Zimbabweans are held hostage by Robert Mugabe. Why doesn't the US liberate the people of Indonesia? The people of Tibet? Syria? Palestine? Cuba? Sierra Leone? Liberia? North-Korea? The latter even admitted they are having a nuclear program, while Iraq doesn't even have some proper tanks or fighter planes.

Last, in your example of Brazil, chances are that the US is BEHIND the dictator in Brazil. Remember Pinochet of Chilli? Put in power by the US. Remember general Norriega of Panama? Put in power by the US. Batista of Cuba, and now the embargo of this country? The war on drugs in Colombia, killing thousands of poor Columbians?

So yes, in my opinion it is the obligation for the international community to liberate countries of dictators. We, the civilised world must have it�s limits on how far a dictator can go. We �the international community- just simply can not allow a Mugabe of Zimbabwe to kill a million people. Or the killing of 1.5 million Hutsi�s and Tutsi�s in Rwanda, the civil war in Liberia with one million casualties, the occupation of Tibet by China, and on and on. But this should be done only in alliance with each other: America and the United Nations Organisation. Look what�s happening now in Iraq: instead of welcoming the Allied Forces as liberators, the people of Iraq are turning against the Americans, and the anti-American feelings never have been stronger in Iraq.

Mathijs
03-27-03 07:52 AM
vampire I think you know what US gov - CIA included - did here in sixties, and also in Chile, Argentina, Uruguai...

03-27-03 09:23 AM
vampire from http://www.rockthevote.org/

Rock the Vote and Lenny Kravitz today announced a new song by Kravitz called " We Want Peace," which will be available exclusively at Rock the Vote's website. The song, which says, "There won't be peace if we don't try" is an urgent call from Lenny Kravitz for America to be a peaceful leader in the world. Kravitz wrote the song and performed it with Kazem Al Sahir, Iraq's #1 pop music artist, who is better known as the Iraqi Diplomatic Ambassador of the world and a true legend of Arabic Music. In addition, the song features Palestinian musician Simon Shaheen on strings and Lebanese artist Jamey Hadded on percussion.

03-27-03 10:09 AM
Doxa uh, vampire, you put gasoline to the flames with that Lenny Kravitz thing - I am afraid of the response of the New Americans here; I suppose the music of Lenny Kravitz ain't worth of shit any more. Guys, are the guns loaded? Okay, SHOOT! (here that smiling face figure and the words "LOL")

Doxa
03-27-03 10:45 AM
Maxlugar
Second: if it is in America's interest to "liberate" the people of Iraq, why doesn't the US liberate the people of Zimbabwe?

Because, to my knowledge, Zimbabwe does not have a leader who publically and repeatedly called for death to america. I also don't think they are close to making an atomic bomb to achieve that goal.

We are taking him out because he is a danger to us. The liberation part of it is a welcomed side goal.
03-27-03 10:49 AM
Stonesthrow Mathijs wrote:

>>if it is in America's interest to "liberate" the people of Iraq, why doesn't the US liberate the people of Zimbabwe? One million people are killed and the remaining 30 million Zimbabweans are held hostage by Robert Mugabe. Why doesn't the US liberate the people of Indonesia? The people of Tibet? Syria? Palestine? Cuba? Sierra Leone? Liberia? North-Korea? The latter even admitted they are having a nuclear program, while Iraq doesn't even have some proper tanks or fighter planes.<<

The answer is that the U.S. doesn't have the manpower and financial resources to police all of those places. The U.S. has to allocate its resources based upon its own interests. Iraq does possess weapons of mass destruction. It has already used chemical weapons on its own countrymen and maybe on its neighbors. It is a continuing threat to use them elsewhere. It is also a threat (if it hasn't done so already) to sell some WMDs to terrorists. That could pose a grave threat to U.S. interests. You let the U.S. know the minute Liberia, Zimbabwe, Tibet, and Siera Leone have WMDs so that it can deal with them.

In the meantime, there is nothing to stop anyone other than the U.S. from freeing the oppressed in those countries. The Netherlands is considerably closer to Zimbabwe, Liberia, and Sierra Leone than is the U.S., so it would be a fine choice to spearhead the campaign to free the oppressed. Will you be needing permission from France to use its airspace for the mission?

03-27-03 11:28 AM
Fiji Joe "Sir Stonesalot, you just showed why so many people around the world have anti-America feelings. In your example you state "Wouldn't you hope that the USA would come in and clean house? Free the good people of Brazil?". Well the answer could very well be "no"."

No Mathjis, that would be everyone but Brazil's repsonse...

And SS, you did not need to create a fictitious situation...you could have just used S. Korea who, a little over 8 months ago were protesting that our troops leave their country and now, with Jong Il's announcment of nuclear weapons and his further slide into insanity...they beg us to stay...and those are facts...of course, under Mathjis' theory, S. Korea would have no say in who defends them or what they want and it would be left up to the other "good people" of the world to sit idly by and allow them to be enslaved...some fucked up logic yes...and all in the name of pure hatred and the fear of further irrelevance...
03-27-03 11:35 AM
vampire
quote:
Doxa wrote:
uh, vampire, you put gasoline to the flames with that Lenny Kravitz thing - I am afraid of the response of the New Americans here; I suppose the music of Lenny Kravitz ain't worth of shit any more. Guys, are the guns loaded? Okay, SHOOT! (here that smiling face figure and the words "LOL")

Doxa

very good Doxa! Loved, but also Love Lenny, one of my favorites! And actually i don't care about what he's saying about the war...
03-27-03 11:51 AM
vampire
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:
Kisses to you, my Vampire !!!
I like your good sense of humor!
Do you like the Stones??

See? I always knew deep inside you love me and your most secret dark is see us throwing bananas at each other
03-27-03 01:07 PM
vampire I'm sorry about the excess of posts, but i couldnt resist. This is from Jair Motta Rolling Stones web site, hope you had never forget these lyrics:

http://planeta.terra.com.br/lazer/stoneshome/highwire.html

Highwire (Mick Jagger/Keith Richards)

We sell 'em missiles, We sell 'em tanks
We give 'em credit, You can call the bank

It's just a business, You can pay us in crude
You love these toys, just go play out your feuds

Got no pride, don't know whose boots to lick
We act so greedy, makes me sick sick sick

So get up, stand up, out of my way
I want to talk to the boss right away
Get up, stand up, whose gonna pay
I want to talk to the man right away

We walk the highwire
Sending the men up to the front line
Hoping they don't catch the hell fire
With hot guns and cold, cold nights

We walk the highwire
Sending the men up to the front line
And tell 'em to hotbed the sunshine

Our lives are threatened, our jobs at risk
Sometimes dictators need a slap on the wrist

Another Munich we just can't afford
We're gonna send in the eighty-second airborne

Get up, stand up, who's gonna pay
I wanna talk to the boss right away
Get up, stand up, outta my way
I wanna talk to the man right away

We walk the highwire
Putting the world out on a deadline
And hoping they don't catch the shellfire

We walk the highwire
Putting the world out on a deadline
Catching the bite on primetime

Get up! Stand up!
Dealer! Stealer!
Hey!

We walk the highwire
We send all our men into the front lines
We're hoping that we backed the right side

We walk the highwire
We send all the men up to the front lines
And hoping they don't catch the hellfire
With hot guns and cold cold, cold, cold, cold nights

We walk the highwire
We walk the highwire
With hot guns and cold, cold, cold nights

With hot guns and cold, cold nights.

03-27-03 01:10 PM
Scot Rocks That song is amazing, Ive been playing it a lot recently.

!!!!!!!!!!STONES!!!!!!!!!!

Ciao, Mark
03-27-03 01:26 PM
Highwire Rob

Unfortunately, I think Mick has forgotten the lyrics...
03-27-03 04:03 PM
macawber vampire:

no,macawber isn't my real name.lol!!!
it's a combination of malcolm and micawber,
two old friends who i only get to see once in
awhile.

and i WAS kidding,i don't want you to jump in
in front of machine gun fire.americans have a
strange sence of humor sometimes.
03-27-03 06:04 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Sir Stonesalot, you just showed why so many people around the world have anti-America feelings. In your example you state "Wouldn't you hope that the USA would come in and clean house? Free the good people of Brazil?". Well the answer could very well be "no". The US might be the only super power left, but the US society, politics and people aren't the most inspiring to many countries. When asked about Castro in Cuba, the Cubans answered "yes, we want Castro to go, but we don't want the US instead". This same answer can be heard in many other countries or states: Iraq, Palestine, Syria, the former Yougoslavia. But even America-friendly countries like Holland, Germany and France don�t see the US as example of liberty, freedom and prosperity. In contrary<

I don't believe you. Period. I think the people of Europe DO indeed see the US as being a beacon for freedom and democracy. I won't deny the fact that the US has made some bad choices in bed partners. Pinochet, Noriega, Saddam....but look what eventually happened to those dictators. Noriega is in a US jail, Pinochet...is he still alive? Saddam is in his final days. We fix our mistakes Mathy. The US is not going to be in Iraq forever. It will be there long enough to remove the Hussein Regime, and let the Iraqis form a new gov't in a stable enviorment. This time next year, the Iraqis will be singing a different tune about America. The only reason Cubans or Iraqis think that the US is going to take over their country...is because that is what their propaganda ministers want them to believe! There is no other country on the face of this planet who gives more, to so many, for so long than the USA.

>Second: if it is in America's interest to "liberate" the people of Iraq, why doesn't the US liberate the people of Zimbabwe? One million people are killed and the remaining 30 million Zimbabweans are held hostage by Robert Mugabe. Why doesn't the US liberate the people of Indonesia? The people of Tibet? Syria? Palestine? Cuba? Sierra Leone? Liberia? North-Korea? The latter even admitted they are having a nuclear program, while Iraq doesn't even have some proper tanks or fighter planes.<

Well, gee, do we have to take them all on at once? Sorry, but since we can't be everywhere at once, we have to prioritize. Iraq was first on the list. Kim Jong Ill and N. Korea were a little farther down the list, but owing to recent events, I do believe they are next. And Maxy was right to point out that while the African situation is horrible...they don't have weapons of mass destruction. They are not a threat to global security. Unfortunately, that puts them pretty far down the list of priorities. But I guarantee, if Mugabe lays hands on some Ricin or VX, or depleted plutonium, he will be dealt with.

>So yes, in my opinion it is the obligation for the international community to liberate countries of dictators. We, the civilised world must have it�s limits on how far a dictator can go. We �the international community- just simply can not allow a Mugabe of Zimbabwe to kill a million people. Or the killing of 1.5 million Hutsi�s and Tutsi�s in Rwanda, the civil war in Liberia with one million casualties, the occupation of Tibet by China, and on and on. But this should be done only in alliance with each other: America and the United Nations Organisation. Look what�s happening now in Iraq: instead of welcoming the Allied Forces as liberators, the people of Iraq are turning against the Americans, and the anti-American feelings never have been stronger in Iraq.<

I agree. We have our hands full with a wacky Iraqi and a Menta Lee Ill Korean. So go get Mugabe. Please. That would really be a good thing. I'm behind it 100%. And while you are there swing over to Liberia and Nigeria and stop that madness too. I'm sure you'll get lots of help from the UN. They are really helpful with that sort of thing. They have been so helpful to us. Especially when it comes to spending our money. They are REALLY good at that. France, Russia, and Germany aren't doing anything right now. I'll bet they'd give you a hand too.

Oh, and you watch too much Al Jazeera. The only time the Iraqi people turn on our troops is when they have a Feydeyeen(sp?) AK-47 in their back. You just watch what the Iraqi people do when Saddam is finally gone, and they are no longer afraid of their entire family being executed.

You people really don't get it do you. The USA really wants to make the world a better place. Why is that such a terrible thing?

03-27-03 06:23 PM
vampire
quote:
macawber wrote:
vampire:

no,macawber isn't my real name.lol!!!
it's a combination of malcolm and micawber,
two old friends who i only get to see once in
awhile.

and i WAS kidding,i don't want you to jump in
in front of machine gun fire.americans have a
strange sence of humor sometimes.

Sorry there! I was too rude with you. Really sorry.

03-27-03 07:40 PM
Riffhard So it would appear that all the dots are starting to be connected now. British troops are now confirming that Al Queda troops are now fighting along side Saddam's Feyadeen miltia! That's right. To all those who said that Saddam and Osama hate each other and would never collaberate with each other,your wrong. They may not have the same agenda when it comes to the teachings of the Koran,but their agenda sure is the same when it comes to their mutual hate of America and the west in general.

So there it is. There's the smoking gun that proves the link. Gee,I wonder if Saddam ever thought of giving Al Queda any chems or bios? Hmmm?

Have a little more crow guys. There will be plenty to go around for everybody. You know this is going to be some tasty crow too. Why? Because the French had a hand in preparing it!

I love the smell of freshly plucked crow in the morning. It smells like.....victory!

Here's the link that tells the whole sorted story. Read it and weep cocksucker and vampire.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/03/28/1048653833092.html

Riffhard
03-27-03 07:45 PM
vampire What�s your problem, RiffHard? Why you are so stupid?
I don�t have any reason to weep. Go fuck, then
03-27-03 07:49 PM
sirmoonie I hope those AlQuie reports bear out, Rifferoonie, but I think Fleabster is right and we have to wait until the ink is dry on some of these reports. Many have proven to be pissherrings.
03-27-03 07:51 PM
vampire
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
(...) The USA really wants to make the world a better place. Why is that such a terrible thing?

In fact It is not terrible.
It is ALL about money, money and cell phones. I can see everyday hungry people talking to their cell phones.
What�s the problem of this people? What they are talking, and talking to, why????
03-27-03 07:53 PM
Riffhard Let me explain this to you vampire. "Read it and weep" is an expression that means you are wrong. The fact that Al Queda is fighting with the Iraqis proves that there is a link between the two organizations. It also proves the the United States has every right to go to Iraq and remove Saddam from power. He has WMD's and he is working with the very same terrorist organization that is behind 9/11/01!

So I say again,read it and weep! We now have every right to take that sick SOB out!

In the words of Sonny Barger-"He got,got!"

I hear a nice French Bordeax goes well with crow.

Riffhard
03-27-03 09:55 PM
icydanger

Why? Wich one should be with US?
Did you expect Al Quaida to fight against the Iraqis,
or the Iraqis to fight against Al Quaida?

Al Quaida has been asking since ages USA take troops out of Saudia. Other integrist movements asked the same.

How come the troops arent in Vatican?

If something more valuable then oil was suddenly discovered, none would be arguing over Iraq.

Wonder what Iraq will look like in four decades. (oil should be over with by then)

Al Quaida is using the situation to recruit more members, and those movements will grow (jihad).

will the US army economy be able to follow and control the situation over a long period?

03-28-03 04:06 AM
Doxa "It is ALL about money, money and cell phones"

Sorry vampire, I have to admit that we Finns are a little bit guilty too as far as the cell phones are concerned. You know Nokia, our gift to the world, connecting people...

Doxa
03-28-03 07:40 AM
Maxlugar "Al Quaida has been asking since ages USA take troops out of Saudia. Other integrist movements asked the same."

Uh duh.......those troops were/are in Saudi Arabia to protect them from Iraq. For al qaeda to fight with Iraq then complain we should get out of their sacred Saudi Arabian soil is retarded.

Al Qaeda is retarded but to simply parrot their gripe is even more retarded.

They ALL simply hate the U.S. and will twist their thought process like a pretzel to justify it.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST