ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

1980 by Bob Gruen - Thanks Rogerriffin
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS< /a>]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The War has started Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
03-21-03 10:51 AM
Riffhard sirmoonie,

I must respectfully dissagree with you. Parts of the Mid East are already experimenting with democrcy. Turkey is a prime example. So is Qauter to a lesser extant. History,however,shows us that democracy can take hold in the most unlikely of places. Japan is a perfect example. Japan had been under the authority of an emporer for thousands of years. He was considered semi-devine. Yet in less than 25 years all of that long history was abbandoned in favor of a prodemocracy state post WW2. It can happen and it has happened in many instances in the past.

Riffhard
03-21-03 11:05 AM
vampire
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Vampire...if all you can do is post America-bashing posts ain't no one gonna miss you...If you were debating the merits of any war why would I have a problem with you...
[Edited by Fiji Joe]

I don�t understand why you�re talking to me...
03-21-03 11:06 AM
Fiji Joe Couldn't disagree more Sirmoonie...I think Iraq, of any middle-eastern nation is capable of democracy...Why? because it's recent history is one of secularism...The only good thing Hussein did...and it is also a nation of moderate wealth...And there is a track record, albeit small, of secular democratic muslim nations...Turkey...and you may be right about Bush and Blair not having this as their goal, but, I have read numerous confidential materials written by many of their advisers that set forth this plan...and those materials were written in the early and mid-90s..So, regardless of whether they're aware of it, people who hold influence on them are...but we'll have to wait to see how this pans out..Personally, I like the notion of this alternative as opposed to having to go to war everytime we find evidence of state sponsored terrorism...
03-21-03 11:19 AM
parmeda
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
And Parmeda, I didn't start the Harry Carrey comparisons so I won't take credit for that...and so you know, I am rapidly becoming a "die-hard Cubs fan"...In fact, allow me to float the idea of a Rocks Off pilgrimage to Wrigley Field...there is no better place to watch a ball game...So I'm told

I just LOVE recruiting, LOL. Allow me to send you a t-shirt...PM me your address my friend! And, you hear correctly...Wrigley IS the best place to watch a game! Bring some of these ---> ...the bleachers are a killer on the eyes!

[Edited by parmeda]
03-21-03 11:29 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Mother baby wrote:

Hey Vampire, you can't win. These guys mean well but they just believe everything the gov't tells 'em thats all.

WOW Mother.... you rule baby
03-21-03 11:30 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Was Nebakaneezer once the leader of Iraq?

Nebuchadnezzar was the ruling King of Babylon at that time. Jehoiakim was the King who surrendered Judah to Babylon after they besieged Jerusalem. Daniel was renamed Belteshazzar by the Babylonians in an attempt to change their identity from Israel - they were also forced to change their diets to help re-establish a new religious identity. The Babylonian Empire eventually became the Persian Empire which
includes the region modern day Arabs dwell in.

[Edited by Lazy Bones]
03-21-03 11:41 AM
steel driving hammer Thanks Lazy Bones.

I'm not too religious but there are alot of refrences in the Bible to that time period.

I just find it a little interesting.

Call me a flexible Atheist, which way to go, I don't know, there's a demon in me.

-

Now they are 13 oil fields burning...

I wanna see the sun, blotting out from the sky.
I wanna see a paint it paint it paint it, Paint It Black, Yeah!
03-21-03 11:59 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Thanks Lazy Bones.
I'm not too religious but there are alot of refrences in the Bible to that time period.

Now they are 13 oil fields burning...

SDH, I guess I misunderstood what the red wine in your avatar represented..lol.

I'm currently listening to the radio and they "just" stated that 7 are burning; not more, as originally feared.
03-21-03 12:00 PM
Riffhard Mother Baby you got it wrong. I don't believe everything my goverment tells me,but I don't believe anything that anti-American former allies tell me. Your problem is that you don't believe anything that your own goverment tells you. You are a cynical person who can only accuse the US goverment of untoward reasons for this war. I find that shameful. The USA has liberated more countries than any other nation in history. Yet you still think that Bush is oil hungry and greedy. Why do you find it so hard to believe that the motives are exactly what have been stated?

So far the Iraqis who have already been liberated are dancing in the streets and embracing American and British forces. I'm sure that in your cynical mind these Iraqis are US plants.

As for believeing everything Bush tells me your just flat out wrong. I do believe that his intentions are moral. I don't belive that b/c he told me so. I believe it b/c I know that Saddam is an evil twisted fuck and Bush is not!

Don't be so hateful of your own country MB. I find that the most pathetic thing about these so called antiwar protesters. They didn't say dick when Clinton was in office and Kosovo went down. Hypocrits to the extreme! They aren't so much anti war as they are anti Bush.

What's the difference between Kosovo and Iraq. Simple,Milosofuck never threatened the USA Saddam has countless times. Yet you refuse to support the very nessasry action against a sworn enemy of your very own country. Sad,sad,sad!

Explain that one to me if you can MB!

Riffhard
03-21-03 12:03 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Mother baby wrote:

WRONG...!!!! No way! KEITH RULES, baby!!!!!

Yep, you're damn right. Sorry baby, but this is because I almost forgot who is Keith Richards. He is a cientist? "Who the f*ck is Mick Jagger". You know Mother, I forget that the most important subject now is about the WAR. Take care Mother and don't forget. Bush rules! Who are the Stones?
03-21-03 12:04 PM
steel driving hammer Big Mac's All Sold Out or what?

03-21-03 12:11 PM
Fiji Joe Thanks for saying that for me Riffhard...now I don't have too...and Parmeda, I would love to take your shirt...PMing my addy
03-21-03 12:13 PM
sirmoonie Steelie, that may be one of the saddest sights I have ever seen here. Who are those bastards???

Maybe now some of you anti-war protestors can see the diabolical evil we are facing here. Ronald M. is a man of peace! He just wanted everyone to be happy. Even the Hamburglars! And now he's stretched out and......excuse me....
03-21-03 12:28 PM
steel driving hammer Your right Moonie, it's silly.

Yet it's getting closer to home...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/030321/170/3kseo.html&e=3
03-21-03 12:45 PM
Riffhard Hey Vampire, you can't win. These guys mean well but they just believe everything the gov't tells 'em thats all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From that post I can infer the following MB.

That I,unlike you,believe everything that my goverment tells me. I can also infer that you are suggesting to vampire that he is in a no win situation b/c I see no other sides other than what I have been told. In other words,you have infered that I am a propoganda fed idiot that cannot use my own judgment based on facts.

That is what I infered. If you did not mean it that way I'm happy to hear it.

The facts support my beliefs much more than they vampire's beliefs.

By that you can infer that vampire is the propaganda fed idiot.

Riffhard

03-21-03 12:58 PM
sirmoonie That helicopter crash was tragic - sad for the families of those guys. That kind of news fucks up your life on a relatively permanent basis. Things are never the same anyway. The mind can be an ugly place.

American and British troops have fought side by side in at least 6 wars that I can count.

Here's to many more! lol
03-21-03 12:58 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Joey wrote:

Without those two albums , this orb never would have had terrific anthems like " Eminence Front " and " You Better You Bet " or " Tricky Day " !!!!!!!!!

Joesy,

Those songs are often pointed to by most Rock and Roll historians as solid proof that Pete Townsend's thoughts had drifted not so much towards great song writing as towards cute kids.

But Maxy loves Athena. My God does he love that song.

Maxy Von Boom Boom.
03-21-03 01:55 PM
JaggaRichards Bush has a double too.
His name is Johnny Carson.
03-21-03 01:57 PM
Joey

Maxy , " Athena " is about the Atom Bomb ( specifically ,the name given to the very first nuclear device ever successfully tested in the New Mxico desert in July of 1945 -- just before it was put to good use -- may we do it again very very soon ) .

" Consumed, there was a beautiful white horse I saw on a dream stage
He had a snake the size of a sewer pipe living in his rib cage
I felt like a pickled priest who was being flambed
You were requisitioned blondie
She's just a girl - she's a bomb "

" Look into the face of a child
Measure how long you smiled
Before the memory claimed
How long would children remain
How long would children remain "

" Athena, you picked me up by my lapels and screamed "leave her"
It felt like waking up in heaven on an empty meter
And now you're stuck with a castrated leader
And I hate the creep, I didn't mean that
She's a bomb
I just said it
She's a bomb
I didn't mean it, please
She's a bomb

Athena, I had no idea how much I need her
My life has been so settled and she's the reason
Just one word from her and my troubles are long gone
But I get along
She's just a girl, she's a bomb
She's just a girl, she's a bomb "

" Pucker me up Ronnie "

JACKY !!!!!!!
03-21-03 01:58 PM
Maxlugar Must we continue to ruin this board with POOP?

Go here everyone that wants to talk about that.

http://www.dushkin.com/discussions/wp/index.html

Plenty of wacky posts from both sides.

It's gotten so bad that the Germans will only speak German infront of us.
[Edited by Maxlugar]
03-21-03 02:02 PM
Joey Ok Everyone ...........................

You be the judge :

www.JREWING.com

or

www.HoweMilitary.com

JACKY BOY !!!!!!

03-21-03 02:02 PM
telecaster
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Must we continue to ruin this board with POOP?

Go here everyone that wants to talk about that.

http://www.dushkin.com/discussions/wp/index.html

Plenty of wacky posts from both sides.

It's gotten so bad that the Germans will only speak German infront of us.
[Edited by Maxlugar]

No kidding. I think I was called a "schwinehunt"

Does that mean pigdog? I think so
03-21-03 02:21 PM
Maxlugar What they are doing is so rude!
03-21-03 02:25 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Joey wrote:

" Look into the face of a child
Measure how long you smiled
Before the memory claimed
How long would children remain
How long would children remain "

Uh oh. It's always trouble when The Petey gets this way!

03-21-03 02:44 PM
Joey "Uh oh. It's always trouble when The Petey gets this way! "

<------- " Maxy , he wants to save for a new guitar ;
gonna learn to play but he won't get far.
Thinks it's an easy going high ,
But his whole life is another try "

Hey , that is some nice writing there little buddy . But take it easy on our beloved Maxy , you see , he USED to write that way ........Remember the " Lotus Couch Post " of August 2000 ??????? YOU know , the " White Album " of posting -- a long overshadowed by the " McCanns " post due to its slight disjointedness , yet still brilliant and magnificent nonetheless !

Whatever happened to THAT Maxy ??????????????????????? We's justs gots to knows if that creative streak will EVER come back -- What WILL fire him up again ?????? How can he just sit down there in his basement bar accumulating bills from booze merchants after all of those years of fu##ing fun ??????????

Developing .......................

Shiver..............................

SHECKY !

03-21-03 02:50 PM
sirmoonie Saddam is probably dead, but where would he be right now if he had sent this letter 12 years ago?
-------
Yo Georgie:

I need more money and some more of them big ass guns. Also, I think the Kuwaitis are fags, they keep stealing my shit, and I'm thinking of going down there to sort them out.

P.S. My sources DEEP within the Iranian camp say that Iran hates you.

Now, I gotta bail. Say hi to the kids for me!

Your pal,

Saddam "Mongobollah" Hussein

P.S.S. My sources said Iran REALLY hates you. Like Jihad hate, not just hate. I'll keep you posted.

P.S.S.S. Don't forget to send the money and them big ass guns. I might need that shit real soon.
03-21-03 02:53 PM
Joey Moonie .................

Is that really you ??????

Where have you been ?????

I have heard nasty rumors that your wife bought you some " Fleetwood Mac " tickets .

Shiver.....................

Developing .................

" Stevie Nicks is a Carpet Muncher Ronnie "

JACKY !!!!!!!!!!
03-21-03 02:57 PM
FPM C10
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Saddam is probably dead, but where would he be right now if he had sent this letter 12 years ago?...
Yo Georgie:
P.S.S.S. Don't forget to send the money and them big ass guns. I might need that shit real soon.

Yes, what we have here is a failure to communicate.
But at the very least, this tragic breakdown has enabled the Fox network to up the ante on Reality TV - the "Shock and Awe" Show!

Ari F. sez George W didn't even watch the Shock and Awe Show. What, we're supposed to believe the PRESIDENT doesn't have Tivo?

I'm tuning out. They need some babes in bikinis to cover the war.
03-21-03 03:45 PM
steel driving hammer Look out for #1, my country right or wrong...

03-21-03 03:46 PM
Joey Love the " Cool Hand Joey " references .

JACKY !
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST