ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

1980 by Bob Gruen - Thanks Rogerriffin
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS< /a>]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The War has started Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
03-21-03 04:08 PM
telecaster �The Americans will always do the right thing... After they've exhausted all the alternatives.�

Sir Winston Churchill

03-21-03 04:11 PM
telecaster
quote:
Mother baby wrote:
Hey did you guys ever read anything that Thomas Jefferson wrote?

I have a copy of a letter he wrote from Paris:

June 5, 1782

To Hon: Alexander Hamilton:

Went to Paris with my chambermaid Sally Hemmings.
VaVaVoom! Give you details when I get back.
Wow! You won't believe this!

Your Dear Friend

Thomas Jefferson
[Edited by telecaster]
03-21-03 04:32 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Mother baby wrote:
No it was just a rhetorical question, I never thought you had read Jefferson...or Washington ...or Madison...you're a Bush boy.

Look bud, just because none of us have read the latest manifesto from your Marxist buddies doesn't mean we are rhetardical! Some of us CHOOSE not to read neo- submersiveness.
03-21-03 04:57 PM
telecaster Crude Oil biggest drop in 12 Yrs!

Dow biggest gaining week in 21 Yrs!

Damn, and I spend my money on fast women and slow horses
03-21-03 05:16 PM
sirmoonie Turkey to invade northern Iraq.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the new province of South Turkfuckistan.
03-21-03 05:57 PM
nankerphelge Holy cow Steelie, where'd you get that pic of Ronnie?
Looks like a fetus!!!
03-21-03 06:06 PM
cocksucker Sirmoonie I am still waiting on your first intelligent post
03-21-03 06:11 PM
cocksucker Don't you all think there is a strong resemblance between Fiji Jim and Saddam Hussein? Is he one of Saddam's many doubles? If he puts on a beret and let grow a moustache the resemblance is striking!
[Edited by cocksucker]
03-21-03 07:19 PM
100 Years Ago As the war debate heats up in Rock's Off land I thought I'd post this link,http://www.austinchronicle.com/issues/dispatch/2003-03-21/cols_ventura.html rather you agree or disagree I think it raises valid questions. The interesting thing is much of it is backed with facts. Rather pro or anti war, most would agree the loss of personal freedoms in the name of 9/11 is both frightening and staggering. A govt shouldn't take advantage of a tragic, horrific event but this one has, it seems to be doing little effectively to secure our safety at home, while spending billions abroad buying allies and sacrificing lives in the name of greed, control and new world order dominance. After the Soviet Union fell the cold warriors needed a new enemy and they found one, it's not Iraq though, it's we the people of America. With war we should agree to disagree but remain united because if not this and subsequent wars to follow will tear this country further apart, into more we vs them infighting, while the real enemy squeezes our collective balls tighter and tighter in the vise in the names of freedom and democracy (two words that are the very essence of America) until the meaning, twisted and peverted is all but lost. the true battle is at home for individual freedoms, keeping our leaders honest, questioning them and challenging them to remain steadfast to the true principles and values of freedom and democracy, the rights of the individual. That is a war we should all be fighting everyday and this war in Iraq has nothing to do with.
03-21-03 07:26 PM
telecaster
quote:
100 Years Ago wrote:
As the war debate heats up in Rock's Off land I thought I'd post this anti war, most would agree the loss of personal freedoms in the name of With and freedom and democracy, the rights of the individual. That is a war we should all be fighting everyday and this war in Iraq has nothing to do with.

I will check out that site after I am done watching newly freed Iraqis celebrating in the street for the first time in their life.

That might be for some time
03-21-03 07:29 PM
Maxlugar In times of war or crisis, Amercia has had the need to get a little tight with the freedom thingy. Lincoln suspended hay-beeus cornpuss during the civil war and FDR locked up the Japs for a while. So what?

Look. If Habib Bin Sookmadick is on Google typing "Plutonium For sale" Maxy thinks the CIA should know about it, 'k?

MACKY!!!!!!!
03-21-03 08:03 PM
100 Years Ago Look. If Habib Bin Sookmadick is on Google typing "Plutonium For sale" Maxy thinks the CIA should know about it, 'k?

That's an obvious example and I don't think anyone would disagree with that. The problem lies when the federal govt steps over its bounds and abuses the rights of innocent citizens or those who disagree with them in the name of protection. Let's look at the Patriot Act:

1)no public hearings and nearly no debate on the bill
2)no conference or committee report on the legislation
3)the text of the USA PATRIOT Act was not made available for review before it was voted on

I'm not debating the merits of its contents but to me to create such an important document without following normal procedure of debate and hearings, forcing by edict essentially doesn't show much regard for the democratic process. And even in times of dire situations that process should not be abandoned. The problem is these types of things are happening more and more. Actions like these are essentially taking advantage of a public still reeling from 9/11 and that's wrong terrorists or no terrorists.
[Edited by 100 Years Ago]
03-21-03 08:08 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
cocksucker wrote:
Sirmoonie I am still waiting on your first intelligent post

Well you're gonna be waiting a long time, you commie bastard!
03-21-03 09:26 PM
Scot Rocks 100 years ago, I agree 100%, there is some worrying shit going on. Biometric technology, etc, WTF!!!

Watch your backs people!!! the state is getting more and more powerful!

Mark
03-22-03 01:43 AM
Sir Stonesalot What is wrong with the USA being a global policeman?

I saw the question asked, "Why does the USA get to decide right and wrong?"

Easy answer. Because we can.

The USA exports freedom in exchange for oil. That's a pretty fair deal, IMO. In fact, the USA is the only country in the world that exports freedom and liberty. I think that you will find that, with the exception of Viet Nam, all of the countries that we have exported freedom to have turned out pretty good. France, Germany, S. Korea, Japan, Italy, Belgium, Holland, Kuwait, Panama, Grenada....all are doing quite well.

Please. Why is this a bad thing? Maybe our motivations are not pure? Big deal. The end result will be that Iraq will become a decent world citizen again. Why would anyone bitch about that? I don't believe everything my government tells me. But when I look at what the end result of this conflict will be, I agree with the action that has been taken. I don't care what our real motivation is, the end justifies the means.

You can say that we Americans are arrogant. You are probably right. That still does not change the fact that what we are doing is a good thing for the world, and Iraq itself.

I am very sorry that it pisses some of you off that the USA is the most powerful country in the world right now. I will not apologize for that fact. But honestly, what have we done with that power that is so terrible? Freed oppressed peoples? Supplied humanitarian aid? Given infrastructure help?

We are NOT the bad guy here.

You know, some of you accuse us with not wanting to see the other side of the story. I could make the same accusations about some of you.
03-22-03 02:56 AM
icydanger
Stick it

SDH,
Many had to chose between Babylonians and Egyptians (the whole Israel Phoenicia Lebanon was then passing between different leaders)

Very complex.

Pierre Briant�s story of Persian empire is an excellent study

Nabuchodonozor (helped father King Nabopolassar fight to expand territories; the Middle East became his= deportations)

He had a relevant dream interpreted by Daniel, (4:1-4:37) : a huge, beautiful tree loaded with fruit seen from all over the planet .A saint told him to cut it down and leave the trunk develop during seven periods.

Nabuchodonozor reorganized the administration, economy, transportation etc...the situation was not stable and lasted 4-5 decades.
The Babylonian�s restorations became Persian under one of his successors, who was more interested in the cult of the moon and didn�t see the danger caused by Cyrus.

Rallying round the flag
Do the Dalton gang followers of the wolfs ideas dream, and is President GWBush inspired by those dreams?

Joey, Steel Dan... Why not? or should I shiver, depends where on the globe we are steel wheeling around.

My balls have melted, its spring �

Fee jee, no I did not stop the glue.

03-22-03 03:55 AM
cocksucker Who gave Saddam a leg up? We all know the US have contributed to establish the Saddam regime. So who are the greatest hypocrites in this war?

All come to the anti-war demonstration in Manhattan.
Vive la France!!!!!!!
03-22-03 04:17 AM
Moonisup WHat will happen after the war? You can't change people's believe is allah or something, if theydo try that, all hell breaks lose, we haven't learned that much. The cruisades in the dark ages, France and England who allowed Hitler to come up. WEll humans are the only animals who bite in their own tail!!!! They must like war
03-22-03 05:29 AM
fmk438j Well.

I have thought about the whole deal real hard in the last few months. I have always been anti, but after hearing the accounts of journalists experienced in the region and seeing so many tv programs (there has been a flood of them)about the treatment of Iraqies, Kurds etc. at the hand of Saddam I was convinced the invasion was a good thing.

I was pro. I didn't feel great about this, but how could I argue against Iraqi migrants in Australia protesting FOR the removal of Saddam? "A war is bad but Saddam is worse" one man said. Since the main anti-war cry regards the Iraqi people's endangerment how could I agree with this when Iraqi migrants (with family members still in the Iraq) want the invasion to happen? Who has an answer to counter that?

BUT.

Since the war started, I've just had this horrible feeling that all the good flowing to the Iraqi peoples will be at the cost of creating a serious increase in anti-western sentiment from the Islamic world. I know that many Muslims hate Saddam, but I think they hate America more.

For all the clear evidence that the US and the UK and Australia and whoever are not targeting Iraq because of any Arab/Isamic reasons, this does nothing to prevent the anti-western sentiment. Surely the footage of the troops raising the American flag and those lovely "welcome to Iraq" signs are delicious preaching fodder for all the extremist nuts.

I know the rebuttle to this is something like "Fuck them. We should never let the actions of terrorists stiffle the spread of democracy etc. etc. No matter what. Terrorism is already active and we must fight them as always. Doing nothing is the worst option." And I would agree with that to a point. But I just ask you to see the set of circumstances that has brought this invasion and think how easily it will be for the nuts to spin up even more hate, even among those who have previously held a level head.

So, in conclusion, adjudicators, I say that I am all for the freeing of the Iraqi peoples and that the US ambitions in the region are indeed noble, despite what many anti-war people claim. However, I have come to belief that the fallout from such an action will only sow the seeds for violence and terror that will plague the world for decades. The establishment of a democratic Iraq may well eventuate, and too democracy throughout the middle east. But all the diplomacy between democratically elected governments can't hold back terrorism.

My answer? I have none (other than flooding the world with free ectsacy), and I admit that . And so don't listen to a word I say. I just thought I'd post what i am thinking and point out that not all anti-war people are just "Bush is an idiot and it's all about oil and money".
I am just saying what i think the current events are doing and will do. Terrorists don't fight in armies and they don't need weapons of mass destruction to create mass fear.

I know this is bit of a cheap thing to say, but I don't want to argue with anyone, and I hope this post doesn't provoke any angry attacks.

The current war imo will be like a teacher holding down a young kid to remove a splinter while they scream in agony. The kid will be gratefull after the event, but it won't stop the rest of the class thinking the teacher is monster.

03-22-03 08:32 AM
cocksucker fmk I think you are a lot more reasonable than many of the right-wing Americans on this board who I dare to say have almost fascistic messages which consist of bombing and killing people without any deeper thoughts than simple vulgair patriotism. Your analyse goes far beyond that. Thank you.
03-22-03 11:20 AM
Pattie

Cocksucker, I�d suck your cock anytime. I agree with everything you say. USA has supported saddam for ages.
03-22-03 12:25 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Pattie wrote:
Cocksucker, I�d suck your cock anytime. I agree with everything you say. USA has supported saddam for ages.

Uh.....I'm against the war!

Islam yes, USA no!
Anyone who doesn't agree,
Then their mom is a 'ho!
03-22-03 12:32 PM
Pattie
one blowjob comming up!
03-22-03 03:41 PM
Fiji Joe "All come to the anti-war demonstration in Manhattan.
Vive la France!!!!!!!"

Leave it to a cocksucker to not understand the dynamics of the silent majority...

And viva la France?...last I checked, they've sent troops to Quatar to take place in the festivities...Cannot wait for the first barroom brawl between the Brits and the french turds...I know who I'm putting my money on
[Edited by Fiji Joe]
03-22-03 04:07 PM
F505 Who are you phoning Fiji Joe? Do you have a hot line with the Bush administration?
03-22-03 04:11 PM
icydanger was i mistaken?

I thought the french anti-terrorist squadrons had always been in the area
03-22-03 04:13 PM
icydanger

war isnt a gamble, please dont put your �/$ down
03-22-03 07:17 PM
JaggaRichards When the shit hits the fan-
Saddam'll be sitting on the can
03-22-03 07:51 PM
vampire Hey Bush boyz: you know what you are, you are nothing but little fascists. Don�t gimme historical shit to try justify the unjustifiable - the war.

Doing that you are barbarians, come on, you think you are civilised people? You�re sending more americans to death in that end of the world.

Until now nobody didn�t find chemical weapons on Iraq. Saddan and Bush are both criminals, that�s for sure, but the Bush excusas for the war has no defense, excet money money money.
He is making fool of you, Bu-shit boys.
03-22-03 07:57 PM
telecaster Does Brazil have any of that money they owe us?

Anyone?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST