ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

1980 by Bob Gruen - Thanks Rogerriffin
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS< /a>]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The War has started Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
03-19-03 01:46 PM
Maxlugar http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/til/jsp/modules/Article/print.jsp?itemId=3895393
03-19-03 01:50 PM
Moonisup good luck, and well allllllllll the best for the guys out there, wouldn't wanna trade with them!!

Good luck guys!!

Bless you
[Edited by Moonisup]
03-19-03 02:20 PM
glencar Be safe, gents! And let's hope it ends quickly with a minimum of loss all around.
03-19-03 02:20 PM
Monkey Woman Well, that was fast. So much for the ultimatum, then...
03-19-03 02:56 PM
telecaster They just hit those missles on the border they thought might have chemical weapons.

God Bless the troops and hope all goes well

Hopefully Saddam will pick up and leave
[Edited by telecaster]
03-19-03 03:11 PM
jb I am not trying to be political, but I must also say how proud I am of the brave young men and women who are about to risk their lives on our(americas) behalf. God bless our troops and may peace come soon.
03-19-03 03:50 PM
Joey " Everything Drowns in the Ocean of Love "

J. Kins Fly !
03-19-03 04:23 PM
Fiji Joe What war?
03-19-03 05:13 PM
Joey Fiji..............................

I would like to drink from your beer Ti##ies !

May I ????????????????????????

Please ......................?

Developing ..................

JACKY
03-19-03 06:39 PM
vampire Hey guys, once you enjoy talk so much about other matters:

Do you really belive in W Bush or you simply don�t have choice?

Also, you really believe USA are saving the world or you know its all about money?

I�d love get some smart answers from you. Maybe I even change my mind about you americans, huh?!

Vampire/ BRAZIL

" Peace and love/flying so high/peace and love/too young to die" ...

03-19-03 07:01 PM
stewed & Keefed And don't forget the Brits(SAS THE BEST IN THE WORLD)
03-19-03 07:30 PM
Fiji Joe Vampire...you know you have no intention of changing your mind regarding anything...yours is just another in a long line of America bashing posts which have been spoken too in numerous threads...For reasons I do not fully understand, you suffer from Global Penis Envy...And we'll leave you to ponder on your idiocy...

03-19-03 08:24 PM
fmk438j Does everyone realise that your Australian brothers and sisters are fighting in Iraq?

A news program here did a street survey in the US asking if anyone new of the southern hemisphere country that would be fighting alongside the US in Iraq, but few had a clue.

"Mexico?" was one of brainy answers.

03-19-03 08:28 PM
Angiegirl Uhm, it still hasn't begun officially right? It's now 2.30 am here in Holland and I've just watched CNN again for news when the ultimatum ended at around 2 am. I think it maybe will be tomorrow night, because of the wheater and because of the psychological effects of a 20/22 hours stressful wait on the Iraqi army. I'm curious though...if the Iraqi attack first, the Allied will have to react maybe sooner. Following the news here like crazy, as is everyone in the world doing right now I imagine. Hope it will go ok... *sigh*
03-19-03 08:35 PM
glencar fmk, I knew that Australia was part of the effort but it sounds like 30 or more countries are taking part. As for that TV bit, take editing into account. Unless they were in LA. They're really stupid there.
03-19-03 09:07 PM
Scottfree Godspeed troops, and hurry home......
03-19-03 09:25 PM
vampire
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Vampire...you know you have no intention of changing your mind regarding anything...yours is just another in a long line of America bashing posts which have been spoken too in numerous threads...For reasons I do not fully understand, you suffer from Global Penis Envy...And we'll leave you to ponder on your idiocy...

Global Penis Envy??? Wow, with that nickname, YOU must have a problem about penis...
I have to say I was waiting a better answer.

03-19-03 09:42 PM
telecaster
quote:
fmk438j wrote:
Does everyone realise that your Australian brothers and sisters are fighting in Iraq?

A news program here did a street survey in the US asking if anyone new of the southern hemisphere country that would be fighting alongside the US in Iraq, but few had a clue.

"Mexico?" was one of brainy answers.

I and everyone I know is well aware that Australia is with us in words and action. In addition, my girlfriend has been instructed to purchase only Australian wine for the house in place of the French swill

The US has no better friend the the Aussies and Brits

"Thru and Thru"
03-19-03 09:42 PM
nankerphelge Air raid sirens going off in Iraq as I type this
03-19-03 09:52 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
fmk438j wrote:
Does everyone realise that your Australian brothers and sisters are fighting in Iraq?

Mr. J, I posted that a couple of days ago the moment I heard about Howard's decision. The U.S deeply appreciates the sacrifices Australia is making. The Allied coalition will avenge the murder of innocent people in Bali.

P.S. Could you guys go talk to Canada for us? They went all fucking bugnut wingo on us and . . . well, lets just say it would be better if you dealt with those guys just now.

Thanks in advance!
03-19-03 10:59 PM
steel driving hammer Why do we have to take care of the world?

We are a baby country in relation to History.

Other countries have had THOUSANDS of years head start that we have...

Yet we are the most advanced.

Don't you give me the gossip, just give me the truth...

03-19-03 11:12 PM
fmk438j Ok, nice to be reassured that there is some knowledge of the aus. commitment (not that I am happy about the way it came about, ie. absolute and under any conditions, from the minute there was barely rumour of war).

I am feeling very anxious and admittedly a little excited (maybe not the right word) to hear any news. Maybe everyone is the same.

It is really such a news/entertainment event if you know what I mean. As disgusting as the reality of the actual events are, I am somehow sitting on the edge of my seat to see just which of the many possible scenarios eventuate. You know, which prediction (many more than anti/pro) jumps up and declares "I told you so".

I know this is a perverse way of seeing the conflict, but the way news and current affairs are reported and the nature of the whole ordeal makes it fascinating viewing/listening. Maybe this feeling of anticipation will turn to dread when things start happening for real.

I can still remember hearing as a ten year old the confirmation that ground forces hit iraq in the Gulf War.

Lets all hope that everything goes as well as is possible in such times.

"Everynight, I hope and pray, dear Lord, hear my plees"

[Edited by fmk438j]
03-19-03 11:27 PM
Fiji Joe Yes FMK I'm well aware...but, cut our domestic idiots a little slack please, Austrailia just committed troops a few days ago...

I never had any doubt you'ens would joint the cause
03-19-03 11:41 PM
Fiji Joe Well FMK, regarding the I told you so's and the "war is never the answer" people...their is a fundamental flaw in that statement...that being, without fail, their justification for such a stance is that innocent lives will be lost in the course of war...well, how are you ever going to refute that? But, also without fail, they ignore the innocent lives that are already being taken by the tyrant that is sought to be deposed and the innocent lives that will be lost in the future if action is not taken...and I hate to beat a dead horse, but, how many innocent lives would have been spared if action had been taken against Hitler much earlier as so many Europeans were urging?...

It's simple math and it's simple pragmatism...two concepts that indeed escape those who think with their heart and not their head...I believe we are all well-intentioned in this debate, but, how many times in our history can we make the same mistake?...Saddam did not play by the rules...and as Sonny once said..."He got got"...

I have said this before and I'll say it again...there are many peoples on this earth who should be fucking ashamed of themselves...We have a rare opportunity to rid the world of murderous jackasses, before they all have weapons of mass destruction and some people are more content with hating America and George Bush then standing up and doing the right thing...the only logical thing...Willing to hold some penny anty grudge rather than making the world safe for their children and grand-children...Who gives a fuck if Bush is arrogant or you think he has beety eyes?...What the hell does that have to do with anything...DO THE FUCKING RIGHT THING!!!...and we'll all be better off...

and for those who support the cause...STRAP IT ON!!!...because you should realize, this is only the beginning
03-20-03 12:57 AM
Sir Stonesalot I am always amazed that people across the globe see the USA as the bad guy in this. How could anyone take sides with Saddam? It's crazy.

Vampire...Let me ask you a question. In the end, does the motive of the USA really matter? The end result of this conflict will be that Saddam and his tyrannical regime will be ousted, and the Iraqi people will be free to determine their future...and become a world player in the petroleum game. Now, just exactly...how is this bad for the Iraqi people? Who cares what our motivation is....the end result is all that matters. Iraq will be free, and quite possibly a big stabilizing factor in that part of the world.

I freely admit that oil plays a part in this conflict for the USA....not as big a part as you might think...but it does play a role. But it is also a big reason why France is fighting us on the issue. France and Russia are afraid that they won't be able to get as sweet a deal on crude from Iraq when Saddam is gone. Don't kid yourself....greed is just as big a motivating factor for the opposition as it is for the USA and her Allies.

But the biggest reason for this conflict is to put ALL despots and terrorist states on notice. The USA will NOT let ANYONE be a loose cannon on the world stage. If you are a Dictator, and have delusions of world domination, or if we think you can't be trusted with mass casulty weapons, if you provide even tolerance to terror organizations...we will shut you down, and shut you down HARD.

That is the score Vampire. We have taken it upon our shoulders to make the world safe for Democracy. Again.

I have no idea why anyone would be opposed to that.
03-20-03 01:29 AM
Prodigal Son Well said, Sir Stonesalot. He speaks the truth, folks. The allies (the Axis of Weasel) against the US is no more righteous in their claims than America. They want a piece of the oil too, baby!!! Besides, France, even during the double split of power in the Cold War, has never EVER clearly taken someone's side in the world scene. They stayed pat like they were somehow all-knowing even when communism was eating up part of the world and the others banded together with America. France forgets Napoleon was 200 freakin' years ago.
03-20-03 02:09 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
fmk438j wrote:
I am feeling very anxious and admittedly a little excited (maybe not the right word) to hear any news. Maybe everyone is the same.

It is really such a news/entertainment event if you know what I mean. As disgusting as the reality of the actual events are, I am somehow sitting on the edge of my seat to see just which of the many possible scenarios eventuate. You know, which prediction (many more than anti/pro) jumps up and declares "I told you so".

I know this is a perverse way of seeing the conflict, but the way news and current affairs are reported and the nature of the whole ordeal makes it fascinating viewing/listening. Maybe this feeling of anticipation will turn to dread when things start happening for real.

I can still remember hearing as a ten year old the confirmation that ground forces hit iraq in the Gulf War.

You're a good guy, Mr. J. Thats the way many/most people feel about these events no matter which side they are on. Its absolutely okay to have feelings of wonder, curiosity, and anticipation at the same time as having dread.
03-20-03 03:47 AM
CHIEFMOON The "War" actually started 12 years ago with Bush Sr.
It continued with sanctions and intense spy activities.
In addition, for at least the last year or so there have
been thousands of bombing runs in the North and South
(Ostensibly referenced as "softening up" defensive installations).
For at least the last month SAS and Special Forces have been
engaged in covert operations.
On March 14 of this year B-1 bombers struck targets in Western
Iraq, these strikes occured outside of the "no-fly" zones.
It was yesterday March 18 that the invasion actually began.

What I am trying to convey is this:

It is a rather large misconception that the "war has started".

[Edited by CHIEFMOON]
[Edited by CHIEFMOON]
03-20-03 06:43 AM
JaggaRichards Good luck to our troops
03-20-03 07:37 AM
Maxlugar You're absolutely right Chiefmoon. I should have called the thread "The Cease Fire is off".
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST