ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Ugly Helloween everyone!
Šeharms325 and thanks SweetVirginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Springsteen album & tour October 2nd (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
24th September 2007 11:11 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
I got shut out in my quest for Boston tickets today and I am still "steaming".

Got GA's for 11/18, and tossed back lots of crap for 11/19.

Wait for the drops.
You'll get in.
24th September 2007 11:14 PM
pdog
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Yep.
Formerly Brendan Byrne Arena, and soon to be something else.
With the Devils gone to the new Prudential Center in Newark, and the Nets moving to Brooklyn in 09, Continental didn't like the idea of having their name affixed to a white elephant.

I sent a check for $100 to the NJSEA asking that they rename the place Danny, but I haven't heard back from them yet...

I had no idea the teams were leaving... I can't beleive no one raises a shitstorm over two teams playing in NJ calling themselves NY teams... Then again, NY has been dumping garbage in Jersey, why stop now!
24th September 2007 11:22 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
pdog wrote:
I had no idea the teams were leaving...

No big deal.
Xanadu is coming soon!
25th September 2007 03:10 AM
pdog
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

No big deal.
Xanadu is coming soon!

I'm so glad I left Jersey for Calif.
25th September 2007 04:47 AM
MRD8 September 24 / Asbury Park, NJ / Convention Hall
Notes: And so it begins! Well, it officially begins next week in Hartford, but tonight on the Asbury Park boardwalk, fans got a first taste of the E Street Band's Magic show with the first of three warm-up concerts. After spending the last couple weeks working behind closed doors, Bruce and the band welcomed their first audience to a 21-song performance that was still rough, as expected, but clearly holds a whole lot of promise. The opening was particularly strong, Bruce coming out to ask the crowd, "Is anybody alive out there?" and slamming into "Radio Nowhere," which worked exactly as it should. That went straight into "No Surrender" and "Gypsy Biker," the latter featuring well-developed head-to-head solos from Bruce and Steve. A blistering opening three-pack, and a strong first half-hour all around. If the show never quite hung together after that -- sometimes flowing, sometimes sputtering, still in search of an arc -- it was just a reminder that they're still working out kinks. Transitions, pacing, lighting, even video, it's all being rehearsed and all a work in progress at this point. (They've got the full arena stage set up inside Convention Hall, taking up a good deal of the floor and making an already intimate space even smaller. No wonder tickets were so hard to score!) But some inspired song choices have us loving where this thing is headed: "Something in the Night," "Night," the pairing of "Candy's Room" and "She's the One," and the retention of our favorite two Rising songs from the band's last big outing, "Lonesome Day" and "The Rising." The oldie-but-goofy "Thundercrack" (written while Bruce was "still in the womb," he said) kicked off the encore. Much as Bruce has broken this rollicking showstopper out in recent years (on the Devils & Dust tour and at holiday shows), he rightly pointed out that's it's been a long time for the E Street Band, and even the first time for some of its members. "American Land" was the final number, with the E Streeters tackling a Seeger Sessions arrangement. Not hard, necessarily, with Soozie on fiddle (yep, she's present and accounted for, as Bruce promised, also playing a good deal of acoustic guitar tonight)... plus double accordion, and Clarence on pennywhistle (!)... but still a somewhat strange carryover as a show finale. Lessee, what else do we know... The show ran two hours on the nose, from 8:35 to 10:35. Everyone looks good, Little Steven is noticeably trim with his Silvio Dante days behind him, and Clarence is in great form, taking a seat when he feels like it (are you gonna tell him not to?) but nailing his parts. Notable omissions: "Badlands"; band intros (or any lengthy "Tenth Avenue"- or "Mary's Place"-style production number); anything from Devils & Dust. Here's the song breakdown: 7 from Magic, 3 from Born in the U.S.A., 3 from The Rising, 3 from Darkness, 3 from Born to Run, 1 from Tracks, 1 from American Land. At the beginning of the show, Bruce said they'd be offering up "a few new ones, a few old ones, maybe a few mistakes, but I doubt it." By the encore, he amended that: "Well... maybe there were a few mistakes!" There will surely be more tomorrow night. And it's pretty righteous that, as is now a well-established tradition, a couple thousand fans get to be there to see 'em.
Setlist: Radio Nowhere/No Surrender/Gypsy Biker/Empty Sky/Something in the Night/Girls in Their Summer Clothes/Night/The Promised Land/Livin' in the Future/Devil's Arcade/Candy's Room/She's the One/Lonesome Day/My Hometown/The Rising/Last to Die/Long Walk Home
Encore: Thundercrack/Born to Run/Darlington County/American Land

25th September 2007 07:40 AM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

I had no idea the teams were leaving... I can't beleive no one raises a shitstorm over two teams playing in NJ calling themselves NY teams... Then again, NY has been dumping garbage in Jersey, why stop now!

Really, it's only improved the so-called Garden State!
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

25th September 2007 07:47 AM
Gazza Great setlist. I hope he keeps some of that rare stuff in throughout the tour. I;d love to hear 'Thundercrack' and 'Something In The Night'
25th September 2007 07:48 AM
glencar I just hope I can attend!
25th September 2007 08:01 AM
Gazza I just hope your PC gets rid of that bad stammer it's developed!
25th September 2007 08:29 AM
SweetVirginia I hope they are rehearsing "Living In The Future" from the new album. I love that song.

25th September 2007 08:50 AM
Gazza
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
I hope they are rehearsing "Living In The Future" from the new album. I love that song.

Setlist: Radio Nowhere/No Surrender/Gypsy Biker/Empty Sky/Something in the Night/Girls in Their Summer Clothes/Night/The Promised Land/Livin' in the Future/Devil's Arcade/Candy's Room/She's the One/Lonesome Day/My Hometown/The Rising/Last to Die/Long Walk Home
Encore: Thundercrack/Born to Run/Darlington County/American Land

Not only does it remind me of 'Waiting on a sunny day' but it seems to have taken its spot in the setlist!

I guessed 'Long walk home' would be the main set closer. Glad 'Gypsy Biker' is in there as its going to be a great guitar battle when played live.

Plenty of 'warhorses' omitted in that list!
25th September 2007 08:57 AM
SweetVirginia Duh. I read that setlist and totally missed Living in the Future.

I'm so glad it's there. So much of this album sounds like the ESB I first fell for so many years ago. I think I saw my first ESB concert in 1980 or '81 in Kansas City. Would that be about right, Gazza?

I'd try to look it up myself, but as you already noticed, I can't read today!

25th September 2007 09:28 AM
Mel Belli While I'm not crazy about the new album (yet), I admire Bruce for making it the anchor of the tour, at least as of this very early setlist. That's the way it should be...
25th September 2007 10:38 AM
Gazza
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
Duh. I read that setlist and totally missed Living in the Future.

I'm so glad it's there. So much of this album sounds like the ESB I first fell for so many years ago. I think I saw my first ESB concert in 1980 or '81 in Kansas City. Would that be about right, Gazza?

I'd try to look it up myself, but as you already noticed, I can't read today!

by that date it would be the 'river' tour show. the previous KC show on the 'Darkness' tour was in 1978.

February 5th 1981, Kemper Arena, Kansas City, MO
Prove It All Night
Two Hearts
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
Darkness on the Edge of Town
Independence Day
Who'll Stop the Rain?
The Promised Land
Out in the Street
I Fought the Law
Racing in the Street
The River
Badlands
Thunder Road
Cadillac Ranch
Sherry Darling
Hungry Heart
Fire
You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)
4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)
Because the Night
Wreck on the Highway
Point Blank
Candy's Room
Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
Kansas City
Jungleland
Born to Run
Detroit Medley
25th September 2007 10:43 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
While I'm not crazy about the new album (yet), I admire Bruce for making it the anchor of the tour, at least as of this very early setlist. That's the way it should be...

Agreed on both counts.

But . . .

THUNDERCRACK!
25th September 2007 10:43 AM
SweetVirginia Gazza, have I told you lately that I love you?

25th September 2007 11:49 AM
Gazza
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

Agreed on both counts.

But . . .

THUNDERCRACK!

baby's back............!
25th September 2007 11:49 AM
Gazza
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
Gazza, have I told you lately that I love you?

Jesus, I cant wait for the reaction when I do something USEFUL for you....!
25th September 2007 02:56 PM
Gazza Entire album (minus the hidden bonus track "Terry's Song") now available as an exclusive "sneek peek" feature here :

http://www.q1043.com/cc-common/news/sections/special/springsteen_bruce.html
25th September 2007 03:06 PM
pdog anybody know if SF/Oakland will get more than 1 show? Seems odd... Can we hope to expect some secret clb show? I just gotta know....
25th September 2007 03:13 PM
Gazza
quote:
pdog wrote:
anybody know if SF/Oakland will get more than 1 show? Seems odd... Can we hope to expect some secret clb show? I just gotta know....

"probably not" and "No"

He'll back in '08, though.
25th September 2007 03:17 PM
pdog have they announced the superbowl yet?
Remember who broke this news first? ME!
25th September 2007 05:58 PM
robpop
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Got GA's for 11/18, and tossed back lots of crap for 11/19.

Wait for the drops.
You'll get in.

I'm waiting for the day of or day before the shows. I was able to pull some great seats from some "sold out" shows during his last two tours with the ESB doing this.
26th September 2007 12:55 AM
G. The Cock
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Entire album (minus the hidden bonus track "Terry's Song") now available as an exclusive "sneek peek" feature here :

http://www.q1043.com/cc-common/news/sections/special/springsteen_bruce.html

Entire album to be found in a couple of newsgroups,

f.e.: a.b.s.mp3.full_albums
26th September 2007 07:27 AM
Gazza Oh, its been out there in mp3 for a while on sites like demonoid etc (I've had it for a couple of weeks now) but I think that link I posted was the first one to make it available in pristine sound quality from an official source.

You can certainly hear things that arent really that audible on the mp3 version
26th September 2007 08:02 AM
Nellcote Last night's setlist:

Radio Nowhere
Prove It All Night
Lonesome Day
Gypsy Biker
Magic
Night
She's the One
Livin' in the Future
The Promised Land
Town Called Heartbreak
Darlington County
Born in the U.S.A.
Devil's Arcade
The Rising
Last to Die
Long Walk Home
Badlands
Girls in Their Summer Clothes
Thundercrack
Born to Run
American Land

26th September 2007 08:17 AM
glencar Last night? When does the actual tour start?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)