ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Ugly Helloween everyone!
Šeharms325 and thanks SweetVirginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Springsteen album & tour October 2nd (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
8th August 2007 04:37 PM
glencar
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
I go into those convention centers, I think I should be at a trade show, they are so not rock concert material...
He supposed to play Hartford, will you go?
I am planning on a same night turnaround....

I would rather do HFD than anything in Jersey. Lemme know!
8th August 2007 04:37 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
So is Mick! (See: Jagger's Greatest Hitz release party)

pdog deserves better!!!
8th August 2007 04:39 PM
Nellcote Roger and out....
And I do not mean Fat Roger either!
Talk about someone who used the juice!
8th August 2007 04:40 PM
glencar He has been (Fat Roger).
9th August 2007 08:05 AM
Gazza Latest "unconfirmed but reliable" rumoured dates from a poster on Backstreets.

These are more plentiful than the list I'd seen but in many cases the dates match or are very close to what I had, Guess there'll be confirmation shortly:

10/2, 10/3 Hartford
10/5, 10/6 Philly
10/9, 10/10 E. Rutherford
10/14, 10/15 NYC
10/21 Chicago
10/22 St. Paul
10/26 Oakland
10/28, 10/29 LA
11/4 Cleveland
11/5 Detroit
11/11, 11/12 Washington
11/18, 11/19 Boston
9th August 2007 08:10 AM
Nellcote Two nights in Hartford?
This is killing me!
9th August 2007 08:17 AM
Gazza I spent two nights in Hahtford in 1999 drinking with Voodoo on his birthday weekend.

It almost killed ME.....
9th August 2007 08:42 AM
speedfreakjive did anyone see that 'Seeger Sessions' TV show? very good
9th August 2007 08:54 AM
Gazza
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
did anyone see that 'Seeger Sessions' TV show? very good

I was at all 3 shows that were filmed for it. The DVD is much longer than the TV edit and therefore better, but it still cant really capture how great they were.
9th August 2007 08:58 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I was at all 3 shows that were filmed for it. The DVD is much longer than the TV edit and therefore better, but it still cant really capture how great they were.

sounds awesome, the lady guitarist impressed me
9th August 2007 01:04 PM
Erik_Snow Hey great news! New Springsteen&EStreetBand album..!
Let's see if one can find a competition for Convention Hall tickets then
9th August 2007 01:38 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Latest "unconfirmed but reliable" rumoured dates from a poster on Backstreets.

10/14, 10/15 NYC

Oh man...four dates between 10/9 and 10/15...two of which are at the Garden??? "Developing," as they say...

Nice footer pic, by the way - has a kind of Norman Rockwell feel to it.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
9th August 2007 01:59 PM
robpop
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Latest "unconfirmed but reliable" rumoured dates from a poster on Backstreets.

These are more plentiful than the list I'd seen but in many cases the dates match or are very close to what I had, Guess there'll be confirmation shortly:

10/2, 10/3 Hartford
10/5, 10/6 Philly
10/14, 10/15 NYC
10/21 Chicago
10/22 St. Paul
10/26 Oakland
10/28, 10/29 LA
11/4 Cleveland
11/5 Detroit
11/11, 11/12 Washington
11/18, 11/19 Boston

I hope this holds up. My boss justed asked me if I would be available to go to NYC that week. I said hell yeah. I'll be bringin' the Iron.

I have not seen Bruce since the Flood Aid show.
10th August 2007 02:15 PM
Lavendar I LIKE BRUCE!
I HOPE BUFFALO will be added to his List! ****
10th August 2007 02:18 PM
Gazza
quote:
Lavendar wrote:
I LIKE BRUCE!
I HOPE BUFFALO will be added to his List! ****

I think the first leg will just be major markets

Expect more secondary markets in Feb/March or so and then a return to the US for more shows later in 2008 after they come back from Europe.
10th August 2007 02:23 PM
robpop
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I think the first leg will just be major markets

Expect more secondary markets in Feb/March or so and then a return to the US for more shows later in 2008 after they come back from Europe.

Probably like last tour. With stadiums in the US during the late summer/early fall.
10th August 2007 02:35 PM
Gazza I would think so, yes
10th August 2007 10:21 PM
Glimmer Twin I find Springstein sooo boring. A new album, who cares. A mediocre guitarist and a down right piss poor singer. Does he have much of a tone to his voice other than grunt? I've never heard any of the Stones comment on Springstein. I bet Keith doesn't think much.
[Edited by Glimmer Twin]
10th August 2007 11:24 PM
Got Me Rockin
quote:
Glimmer Twin wrote:
I find Springstein sooo boring. A new album, who cares. A mediocre guitarist and a down right piss poor singer. Does he have much of a tone to his voice other than grunt? I've never heard any of the Stones comment on Springstein. I bet Keith doesn't think much.
[Edited by Glimmer Twin]

From Jagger:
"Oh, yeah, (I saw the Springsteen show). (Laughs) Sure, through the bear and everything. I liked it. I thought the band sounded wonderful; I thought he sounded wonderfully well. It was better than when I saw him last time around. I thought the drums sounded fantastic. I took the kids also. To tell you the truth, the kids did not like it very much."

From Richards:
" That's a tough one, because I like the GUY... I love his attitude. I love what he WANTS to do. I just think he's gone about it the wrong way. These are just my opinions, and OK, I'll annoy the lot of you. Bruce? Too contrived for me. Too overblown.
"
11th August 2007 04:32 AM
pdog mark my words, I've been saying it since last year, he will be playing the Superbowl with ESB...
11th August 2007 07:29 AM
Gazza
quote:
Glimmer Twin wrote:
I find Springstein sooo boring.

who cares? Dont go. One more ticket for everyone else.

quote:
A new album, who cares.

The people who this thread is aimed at do, so if you dont its easy to avoid it and leave it to those who give a shit. Who cares? Well, probably more people than who bought the last Stones record for starters.

quote:
A mediocre guitarist and a down right piss poor singer.

That's laughable.A Stones fan isnt really in a position to comment on any other guitarist these days, nor another performer's ability to actually sing for 3 hours each night

quote:
Does he have much of a tone to his voice other than grunt?

Try listening

quote:
I've never heard any of the Stones comment on Springstein.

Try spelling his name right for starters. Its in the thread title . Should be easy

quote:
I bet Keith doesn't think much.
[

Keith is a bitter old man who hasnt a good word to say about anyone. Especially if theyre white and under 70. Even his own band's lead singer. Speaks volumes if anyone has to base their opinion on someone on whether Keith Richards 'approves' of them or not. If you took Keith's comments at face value, you'd be dismissing Mick Jagger as talentless
11th August 2007 12:29 PM
Got Me Rockin
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The people who this thread is aimed at do, so if you dont its easy to avoid it and leave it to those who give a shit. Who cares? Well, probably more people than who bought the last Stones record for starters.

That's laughable.A Stones fan isnt really in a position to comment on any other guitarist these days, nor another performer's ability to actually sing for 3 hours each night

Try listening

Try spelling his name right for starters. Its in the thread title . Should be easy

Keith is a bitter old man who hasnt a good word to say about anyone. Especially if theyre white and under 70. Even his own band's lead singer. Speaks volumes if anyone has to base their opinion on someone on whether Keith Richards 'approves' of them or not. If you took Keith's comments at face value, you'd be dismissing Mick Jagger as talentless

So much for someone having a difference of opinion and expressing it.
11th August 2007 01:13 PM
Gazza
quote:
Got Me Rockin wrote:

So much for someone having a difference of opinion and expressing it.

No one's stopping anyone having an opinion. he expressed it, and I expressed mine. Problem?

The whole point of starting the thread was to provide info for people who give a shit about the subject. The "NSC" bit in the thread title should make it easy to avoid for anyone who doesnt care.
11th August 2007 05:11 PM
glencar Oct 15 & 16 in NYC? I am THERE (at one of those shows, at least!).
11th August 2007 05:23 PM
Gazza Still unconfirmed although apparently there'll be an announcement re: the album (and presumably tour) on Monday or Tuesday.
11th August 2007 05:33 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Still unconfirmed although apparently there'll be an announcement re: the album (and presumably tour) on Monday or Tuesday.

I thought Monday belonged to Van Halen... Bruce will steal their glory.
11th August 2007 05:33 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Still unconfirmed although apparently there'll be an announcement re: the album (and presumably tour) on Monday or Tuesday.

I thought Monday belonged to Van Halen... Bruce will steal their glory.
11th August 2007 05:38 PM
glencar Barbara Bush could steal VH's glory if she slips on a banana peel.
11th August 2007 06:00 PM
Glimmer Twin
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Try listening

Well I created a little stir. Sorry if I touched on a sore spot. You can't compare Keith at 64 with Bruce. And even so, I'll take Keith any day even now. Here's a list from Rolling Stone Magazine of the top 100 guitarists of all time: http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/5937559/the_100_greatest_guitarists_of_all_time.
Keith is number ten. Bruce Springstein isn't even on the list. And I maintain his singing amounts to a grunt. And he's boring. Bruce's songs amount to this: "Well, I've been working real hard and the boss man's a bitch and life just sucks and then they'll throw you in jail and then you die." Hahahahaha. He needs to get a new shtick.
11th August 2007 06:02 PM
Gazza LOLOLOL...brilliant analysis there.
[Edited by Gazza]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)