ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Ugly Helloween everyone!
Šeharms325 and thanks SweetVirginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Springsteen album & tour October 2nd (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
8th September 2007 12:57 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
Got in twice so far for Philly II.

And the effin' sale timed out both times...

You mean Chicago? I'm having no problem bringing up tix if you need a hand.
8th September 2007 12:59 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
You mean Chicago? I'm having no problem bringing up tix if you need a hand.

'Preciate the offer, but I'm talking about 10/6 in Philly.
8th September 2007 01:02 PM
PartyDoll MEG Ticketmaster has added another show for Chicago!!

No help to you tho Mr. Shuffle..
8th September 2007 01:05 PM
parmeda This was painless...
Added a second show on the 22nd...
Slid my ass right in...

double! --------->
8th September 2007 01:09 PM
pdog I checked ticketbastard and I'm not even seeing the philly show on sale.
8th September 2007 01:09 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Ticketmaster has added another show for Chicago!!

No help to you tho Mr. Shuffle..

None needed.

I'm in!
8th September 2007 01:10 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
pdog wrote:
I checked ticketbastard and I'm not even seeing the philly show on sale.

Philly venues use ComcastTix, not TM.
8th September 2007 01:13 PM
pdog
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Philly venues use ComcastTix, not TM.

Thx for clearing that up... so a third rip off seller? I actually like Tickets.com, I've had good luck with them in the past... This much I know, day of show ticket drops are the way to go... this fuckers feed off our excitemnt and hastiness!
8th September 2007 01:17 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

None needed.

I'm in!

WOO! HOO! Leftie!!!!

And Pammy..2 nights of BRUCE..
see Random You Tube ..the video I posted is for you
8th September 2007 01:21 PM
pdog I have to assume two gigs if not three will be added here in Oakland. The week is pretty clear looking as far as announced shows...
8th September 2007 01:48 PM
Gazza
quote:
pdog wrote:
I have to assume two gigs if not three will be added here in Oakland. The week is pretty clear looking as far as announced shows...

from what I understand Oakland will just get one (26/10) as there's a break of three nights after the 2nd Chicago show on the 22nd. LA is the 28th and they'll probably get a second night on the 29th. Venue not yet confirmed but I understand it will be the Forum.

he won't do three nights in a row and on this leg it seems that there wont be any cities who get more than 2 shows - even the Meadowlands and MSG will only be getting two it seems

The list of dates I saw before the tour was confirmed suggested that the tour opener in Hartford will probably get two, as will Philly, NJ, New York, Chicago, LA, Washington and Boston.

All the Euro shows are one nighters, although I think the last date (London) may get an extra night.

Well done to everyone who got tickets and good luck to those who have still to try.

[Edited by Gazza]
8th September 2007 11:48 PM
sweetcharmedlife
quote:
pdog wrote:
I have to assume two gigs if not three will be added here in Oakland. The week is pretty clear looking as far as announced shows...

The Oakland on sale date just got changed from the 15th to the 17th for those interested.
9th September 2007 12:28 PM
MRD8 I downloaded an advance copy of the entire new album off of the internet this morning...I'm listening to it for the second time as I type this...I have to say it is GREAT, goosebump inducing stuff....Clarence's sax solo at the end of You'll Be Comming Down brought tears to my eyes---BRILLIANT STUFF! Bring on the tour...
9th September 2007 01:30 PM
ebmp Long Walk Home is already a classic in my book
9th September 2007 01:43 PM
Gazza Think I'm on something around my 25th listen already...LOL

'Girls in their summer clothes' (the best song Brian Wilson never wrote) and 'Long Walk Home' have got the most airings so far.

This album will be absolutely fantastic when played live. Which, thankfully, is something he WILL do.
[Edited by Gazza]
9th September 2007 02:00 PM
PartyDoll MEG The quality on the internet version is pretty crappy..but the album is GREAT anyway..Will only improve with the officially released version!! I've lost track how many times I've listened!

Like Girls in their Summer Clothes, Long Walk Home, and Devil's Arcade the best right now..but that is always subject to change
9th September 2007 02:36 PM
ebmp Terry's song is awesome too
9th September 2007 07:06 PM
glencar Anybody have a spare ticket for 10/17 at MSG?
9th September 2007 08:11 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
glencar wrote:
Anybody have a spare ticket for 10/17 at MSG?

MSG shows go on sale tomorrow @ 9.
10th September 2007 09:21 AM
GotToRollMe I kept getting one of those pop-ups that said "this page contains both secure and non-secure items, etc" and then got sent back to the event page. Now there are just single tickets available near the ceiling. Fuck it.
10th September 2007 09:28 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
I kept getting one of those pop-ups that said "this page contains both secure and non-secure items, etc" and then got sent back to the event page. Now there are just single tickets available near the ceiling. Fuck it.

Oh Damn, GTRM!!
Never give up.......
10th September 2007 10:45 AM
Mel Belli Kind of disappointed with the new album so far. For the first time, I'm actively annoyed by O'Brien's production; it's too damn cluttered and boomy. And, at times, you can too obviously tell where he's intervened with the arrangement, especially when a song modulates into a new key for an instrumental section.

There are some nice classicist Bruce touches: "Livin' In The Future" is "Tenth-Avenue" for the 21st-century; "Gypsy Biker" has that "Nebraska"-era harmonica howl. "I'll Work For Your Love" has a great, ringing Federici/Bittan intro, followed by a nice descending Dylan chord progression with some some sweet violin from Soozie -- probably my favorite cut. The "Seeger Sessions" holdover "Long Walk Home" will be this tour's "Land Of Hope And Dreams." And the spare closer "Terry's Song" is a welcome break from all the O'Brien-ness that precedes it.

But: I don't get the Spectorian/Wilsonian "Girls In Their Summer Clothes" at all -- a sonic experiment gone awry. "You'll Be Comin' Down" is "Countin' On A Miracle" redux -- fine but unremarkable. The midtempo "Your Own Worst Enemy" has all kinds of gag-inducing, synth-stringy O'Brien flourishes (sleigh bells!). The title track is something between a "Paradise" retread and a "Devils and Dust" outtake. The protest song "Last to Die" is a strident finger-pointer that tries way too hard to be harsh. And the slow-to-build "The Devil's Arcade" is an epic snore.

I don't mean to knock the album too much; these are first impressions. I'm gonna listen to it a bunch more times. For now, though, I'm firing up the Hammersmith-Odeon concert.
10th September 2007 06:09 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
I kept getting one of those pop-ups that said "this page contains both secure and non-secure items, etc" and then got sent back to the event page. Now there are just single tickets available near the ceiling. Fuck it.

Yeah, what a pain in the ass that thing was!
Finally figured out how to disable it in IE by going to the Security tab on Internet Options and enabling "Display mixed content".

Course by that time it was 400 level only.

Good thing about Bruce tix is that there's always ticket drops as the show date draws closer...
10th September 2007 08:10 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Yeah, what a pain in the ass that thing was!
Finally figured out how to disable it in IE by going to the Security tab on Internet Options and enabling "Display mixed content".

Course by that time it was 400 level only.

Good thing about Bruce tix is that there's always ticket drops as the show date draws closer...

I was going nuts opening up Internet Options and disabling everything I could find. At least I'll know what to do next time. Thanks for the heads-up!
10th September 2007 09:30 PM
SweetVirginia It was brutal on Ticketbastard this morning. I kept refreshing right around 9:00, so it locked me out for almost 5 mintues with a message saying they did it to prevent automated programs from snapping up all tickets. What BS.

Once I got back in, I finally got two tickets for Thursday night in section 118, which is either WAY to the side or maybe even slightly behind the stage, depending on how it's set up.

11th September 2007 08:41 PM
robpop One of my favorites for the Reunion tour. My old lady got so pissed at me during this song. She got even a few years later by making me sit through some Kenny Chesney bullshit. Booze did not even make that show any better.

Bruce Springsteen - Darlington County/Honky Tonk Women

[Edited by robpop]
18th September 2007 10:41 AM
Gazza Warm up shows :

Sat, 09/22/07
07:30 PM Convention Hall
Asbury Park, NJ Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
on sale:
Tue, 09/18/07 09:00 AM

Mon, 09/24/07
07:30 PM Convention Hall
Asbury Park, NJ Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
on sale:
Tue, 09/18/07 09:00 AM

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/860453

Confusingly, these shows were briefly listed (but not on sale online) on TM this morning then removed...although some fans report having got tickets over the phone whilst others were told theres no on sale date yet and to 'check back'.
18th September 2007 11:08 AM
GotToRollMe Nobody tells me anything! FUCK! FUCK! BOB SAGET!
18th September 2007 11:17 AM
Gazza
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Nobody tells me anything! FUCK! FUCK! BOB SAGET!

LOL..settle down, Beavis

Nobody seemed to have got reliable info. As far as I know, the tickets arent generally on sale yet, although you might wish to call ticketmaster to get proper info.

At least now you know the dates if theyve still to go on official sale.

One piece of advice to remember, though - you can't do shit without your ass

Edit : this post was on greasylake.org. TM staff are obviously under a code of 'omerta' but it seems easy to read between the lines that something is about to happen pretty soon...

Just talked to ticketmaster. The guy seemed angry about all the springsteen rehearsal calls, and he kept repeating the same sentence "as of now, that event is not taking place." This was obviously how he had been told to respons to this situation. When pressed further, he said tickets would never be going on sale because "as of now, that event is not taking place." I'm not sure I believe him... This is really irritating. I've wasted a good portion of my morning at work already!

[Edited by Gazza]
18th September 2007 11:25 AM
GotToRollMe Just called Ticketmaster and the girl I spoke to said, "I've got a note here that says that event is not taking place."

Omerta, indeed!

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)