ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Ugly Helloween everyone!
©eharms325 and thanks SweetVirginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Springsteen album & tour October 2nd (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
8th August 2007 03:40 PM
Gazza posted on one of the Springsteen fan sites : Cant verify how reliable the details are, but the US release date of 2nd October for the new album is pretty much certain..

Expect a press release from “Shore Fire Media” announcing the new Springsteen album sometime within the next 24-48 hours. The release is expected to mention the album release date (Oct. 2nd) and the complete track listing. The document will also announce that a tour is planned; dates are not expected until later this month with tickets expected to go on-sale at month’s end.

This will be Bruce’s first studio album with the E Street Band since 2002’s “The Rising.” “Radio Nowhere” is expected to be the title of a single released sometime during this month.

For the tour - from what I hear, expect it to start on the east coast of the US around the album release date with early dates in East Rutherford, NJ and Philadelphia, winding up in Boston Nov 18-19. Followed by a short run of one-nighters in Europe starting a few days later which will include shows in Dublin and the 02 Arena in London. Then a break until Feb-March after which a longer period of touring.
8th August 2007 03:43 PM
glencar Maybe this time I'll see him. I hope this isn't one of his dirge albums.
8th August 2007 03:43 PM
Nellcote Pretty in line title to the single if I draw from it the reference that radio is nowhere these days. Otherwise, need to get the rig fired & ready for any Jersey shore rehearsals...thanks kemosabe!
8th August 2007 03:45 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Maybe this time I'll see him. I hope this isn't one of his dirge albums.

read the article. Its an E Street Band album
8th August 2007 03:46 PM
glencar I know but even The Rising had some dirge songs. I like the upbeat stuff. Are you coming over for a show?
8th August 2007 03:48 PM
PartyDoll MEG All I can say is YIPPEE..

and DAMN..ain't gonna be saving money this fall either
8th August 2007 03:48 PM
Gazza Whats a 'dirge' song? Morose? Consider the subject matter! LOL

Always wanted to see Bruce & that band in NJ/NY but not really practical at the minute
8th August 2007 03:52 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Otherwise, need to get the rig fired & ready for any Jersey shore rehearsals...thanks kemosabe!

Yep, the Bruce watch is on.
Prolly some people at Convention Hall right now.
8th August 2007 03:52 PM
glencar You can do it!
8th August 2007 03:53 PM
Nellcote Make the minute change, Gazza.
I'll scoop you in Newark, take you to Asbury Park
in the Fantasy Fufillment Mobile....
8th August 2007 03:56 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Always wanted to see Bruce & that band in NJ/NY but not really practical at the minute

Same here, Gazza

...and if the stars all align properly....maybe, I will!!

(and maybe you can.. Never say never..)

8th August 2007 03:58 PM
PartyDoll MEG The Fantasy Fulfillment Mobile will be picking me up..

that is if the stars all align properly-lol
8th August 2007 04:04 PM
Gazza
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Pretty in line title to the single if I draw from it the reference that radio is nowhere these days. Otherwise, need to get the rig fired & ready for any Jersey shore rehearsals...thanks kemosabe!

You might find this of interest

http://www.greasylake.org/the-circuit/index.php?showtopic=61857

Bahston may be on sale Sept 22nd
Ticket prices - $97.50 and $67.50

..and some people there think thats a rip off......
8th August 2007 04:07 PM
glencar
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Make the minute change, Gazza.
I'll scoop you in Newark, take you to Asbury Park
in the Fantasy Fufillment Mobile....

Nah, he can fly into JFK & get picked up & taken to MSG...
8th August 2007 04:08 PM
Saint Sway a suicidal move by Bruce's management to release this on the same day as the "Best of Mick Jagger" album comes out.

theres no way they can compete!
8th August 2007 04:08 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Whats a 'dirge' song? Morose? Consider the subject matter! LOL

Since when are you practical?
New Joisey awaits!
8th August 2007 04:13 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
a suicidal move by Bruce's management to release this on the same day as the "Best of Mick Jagger" album comes out.

theres no way they can compete!

Get serious! Most Jagger/Springstone fans are tres wealthy & will consider it a mere PITTANCE to purchase these 2 delectables together. In fact, I have heard tale of the 2 being sold in one package with a magical cape as an extra!
8th August 2007 04:16 PM
Nellcote They should know the Boss better, he always prices shows for the common man. Some people will carp at anything.
I think I shall amuse fellow tenants with a bit o' Bruce right now.....
8th August 2007 04:16 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Get serious! Most Jagger/Springstone fans are tres wealthy & will consider it a mere PITTANCE to purchase these 2 delectables together. In fact, I have heard tale of the 2 being sold in one package with a magical cape as an extra!

its that one of those magical capes that allows you take up collections from fellow message boarders if your band cant cover the door?
8th August 2007 04:17 PM
glencar Oh oh oh I'm on fire...
8th August 2007 04:18 PM
Nellcote GC, Asbury Convention Center beats the stuffing out of MSG in a minute. Oh right, I forgot, you like big venues, nothing. small, intimate (see Fenway refusal for ABB tour openah '05...)
8th August 2007 04:22 PM
pdog Bruce is celebrating my birthday, finally.
8th August 2007 04:22 PM
glencar LOL Fenway's intimate? BTW I don't know if I ever told you but my uncle & his kids are huge Bosox fans & they attend several games a year up there & they grew up in the shadow of Yankee Stadium. They all live in the Sunbelt these days.
8th August 2007 04:23 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:
Bruce is celebrating my birthday, finally.

So is Mick! (See: Jagger's Greatest Hitz release party)
8th August 2007 04:24 PM
Nellcote You need to listen to your uncle when he speaks...
On the other hand, a five game lead makes it more of a season......
8th August 2007 04:26 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
So is Mick! (See: Jagger's Greatest Hitz release party)

What a great time to turn 40!
*gulp*
8th August 2007 04:26 PM
glencar
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
You need to listen to your uncle when he speaks...
On the other hand, a five game lead makes it more of a season......

My uncle is a nice guy but they live out in Denver. 5 games & getting closer!
8th August 2007 04:27 PM
glencar BTW Nell, I loved the show at the AC convention Center when they actually had it!
8th August 2007 04:27 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

What a great time to turn 40!
*gulp*

Lordy Lordy look who's 40!
8th August 2007 04:32 PM
Nellcote I go into those convention centers, I think I should be at a trade show, they are so not rock concert material...
He supposed to play Hartford, will you go?
I am planning on a same night turnaround....
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)