ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Ugly Helloween everyone!
©eharms325 and thanks SweetVirginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Springsteen album & tour October 2nd (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18th September 2007 12:31 PM
Gazza
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Just called Ticketmaster and the girl I spoke to said, "I've got a note here that says that event is not taking place."

Omerta, indeed!

Dose rat bastids deserve the same fate as Big Pussy!
18th September 2007 07:46 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
From the For What It's Worth Department:
Heard from a family member with some Asbury Park connections that a couple of rehearsal shows will be happening at Convention Hall - 9/26ish...

Latest info from the ^ - shows are 9/24 and 9/26, which contradicts the dates TM posted and then pulled today.

Somebody @ btx posted the same info, so they're either both on the money or both full of shit.
Of course I have to go with the former or I might end up SOL...
18th September 2007 08:08 PM
PartyDoll MEG Saw that too, Leftie.
Was hoping for a Saturday rehearsal..only day I might have been able to swing, if a ticket fell into my hand! Ah well..
19th September 2007 01:07 PM
PartyDoll MEG http://www.backstreets.com/tour.html

Asbury Park Rehearsals Monday and Tuesday. Ticket info at Backstreets..apparently charge-by phone only. On sale tomorrow.
19th September 2007 02:14 PM
Gazza Rehearsal shows set for Mon, Tues

Fans will get a preview of the new E Street Band tour on Monday and Tuesday nights, September 24 and 25, when Springsteen and the band open the Convention Hall doors for two rehearsal shows on the Asbury Park boardwalk.

Tickets are $100 each. Showtime is 7:30. Tickets go on sale tomorrow, Thursday September 20, at 9 a.m. for both shows. According to Concerts East, ticket sales will be by Ticketmaster charge-by-phone only.

Important rules: there is a two-ticket limit per person, per show. Tickets are will-call only, to be picked up in person the night of the show, two forms of ID required. See concertseast.com for any additional info. The Ticketmaster page for Convention Hall is here - http://www.ticketmaster.com/venue/216

PS - some confusion about whether they can be bought online, but as Meg says apparently its phone only.
[Edited by Gazza]
19th September 2007 06:23 PM
GotToRollMe Let us pray...
19th September 2007 08:29 PM
PartyDoll MEG Good luck to you GTRM..and Nelly too!!!
19th September 2007 08:40 PM
Bitch Sept 24 & 25 in Asbury Park sounds good - but those tickets are not available on TM like all the other shows. I wonder why...I'll try the box office tomorrow, the shows are only a few days away, this Monday and Tuesday! Maybe its sold out?
19th September 2007 08:47 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Good luck to you GTRM..and Nelly too!!!

Thanks Meg! You too!
19th September 2007 08:48 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Sept 24 & 25 in Asbury Park sounds good - but those tickets are not available on TM like all the other shows. I wonder why...I'll try the box office tomorrow, the shows are only a few days away, this Monday and Tuesday! Maybe its sold out?

They're available by phone only, Bitch. Good luck to ya!

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
19th September 2007 08:57 PM
M.O.W.A.T. I got tix to the October 10 show in Ottawa. Should be great even though i'm in the 300 level.
20th September 2007 04:37 PM
Bitch NO LUCK for me. I couldn't pull a single ticket for all 4 NJ shows or the 2 NY shows! Shit!
20th September 2007 08:31 PM
Gazza "E STREET RADIO" CHANNEL, DEDICATED TO BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN AND THE E-STREET BAND, RETURNS EXCLUSIVELY TO SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO

'E Street Radio' to feature music from Springsteen’s new album "Magic," exclusive interviews with Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, and rare archival concert recordings

NEW YORK-September 20, 2007- In celebration of Bruce Springsteen’s new album and concert tour with the E Street Band, SIRIUS Satellite Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) announced today the return of E Street Radio, an exclusive commercial-free channel dedicated to the music of Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band.

The channel will premiere September 27th at 6 pm ET, on SIRIUS channel 10, and will run on SIRIUS through late March 2008.

The return of E Street Radio on SIRIUS coincides with start of the band's 2007 concert tour, as well as the October 2nd release of Magic, Bruce Springsteen’s highly-anticipated first album recorded with the E Street Band since 2002's multi-platinum and Grammy® award-winning The Rising.

"The return of E Street Radio brings fans unprecedented access to the music of Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band,” said Scott Greenstein, SIRIUS President of Entertainment and Sports. "Thanks to Bruce Springsteen, it is with great pleasure that we are able to bring the channel back to the many Springsteen fans who eagerly wanted the return of E Street Radio, which first launched on SIRIUS in late 2005. The E Street Radio channel will benefit from Bruce and the E Street Band’s unique contributions, but also will include even more fan participation in shaping the sound of the channel.”

As the band's 30-city worldwide tour rolls on after its kickoff concert in Hartford, CT on October 2nd, listeners to SIRIUS’ E Street Radio channel will hear daily features on the new album's music and track-by-track discussions with Bruce Springsteen and E Street Band members. The E Street Radio channel will also feature archival concert recordings of Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band dating from early 1973, and behind-the-scenes insights from band insiders.

E Street Radio will feature involvement from Springsteen fans nationwide who will be asked to submit their favorite live recordings of Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band concerts. Those whose submissions are selected will get the chance to guest host and share their memories of the show on E Street Radio. Springsteen fans, both celebrity and otherwise, will also be able guest DJ on the channel, playing their favorite Springsteen music for fans across America.

In addition to E Street Radio, SIRIUS is the exclusive home of two popular channels produced by E Street Band member, "Little Steven" Van Zandt, The Underground Garage and Outlaw Country. SIRIUS also offers exclusive commercial-free music channels dedicated entirely to some of the world's greatest recording artists including the Grateful Dead Channel, Elvis Radio, Jimmy Buffett's Radio Margaritaville, Eminem's Shade 45 and Siriusly Sinatra, devoted to the music and legacy of Frank Sinatra. SIRIUS has previously dedicated channels exclusively to the music of The Rolling Stones and The Who.

To learn more about the E Street Radio channel on SIRIUS, please visit www.sirius.com. .

22nd September 2007 03:39 PM
Gazza Bruce is also making an appearance at a charity show in Town Hall, NYC on 7th November

"Stand Up For Heroes - a Benefit for the Bob Woodruff Family Fund" (The Bob Woodruff Family Fund assists service members injured while serving in the United States Armed Forces. Special emphasis is placed on the "hidden signature injuries" of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan -- traumatic brain injury and combat stress injuries including post-traumatic stress disorder)

http://www.bobwoodrufffamilyfund.org/stand_up_heroes.shtml
22nd September 2007 03:59 PM
Nellcote This show may not be as much as the Stones Radio City show, however, it will be right up there.
[Edited by Nellcote]
23rd September 2007 08:56 AM
glencar
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
This show may not be as much as the Stones Beacon show, however, it will be right up there.

Honestly, I'd rather see Bruce at the Garden...
23rd September 2007 08:56 AM
glencar
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
This show may not be as much as the Stones Beacon show, however, it will be right up there.

Honestly, I'd rather see Bruce at the Garden...
23rd September 2007 09:40 AM
Gazza
quote:
Nellcote wrote:

I presume you mean Radio City Music Hall. The tickets for the Beacon shows cost $35 and $50.
23rd September 2007 11:09 AM
Nellcote Yes, you are correct sir (insert Ed McMahon here).
I'm old, these things happen!
23rd September 2007 09:52 PM
Bitch I'll call the box office tomorrow to see if any tickets are being released day of show. There could be a slight chance of it. Here's the link if anyone needs it.

http://www.asburyparkconventionhall.com/directions.shtml

ASBURY PARK CONVENTION HALL and PARAMOUNT THEATRE
on the world famous Boardwalk
Ocean Avenue between Fifth and Sunset
Asbury Park, New Jersey 07712
Box Office: 732-897-8810

23rd September 2007 09:59 PM
Nellcote There was a drop on Friday for the 25th show, I noticed several got in,, as well as others have been scoring thru the weekend at random times from what I read in on the btx threads. Only by getting a live operator, not "Kelly".
I finally took a pass on trying to get in, as business got in the way, but how I would have dug being there.

24th September 2007 03:45 AM
Ronnie Richards Magic is the best thing Bruce has released since Tunnel of Love.
24th September 2007 08:44 PM
PartyDoll MEG new Video...

24th September 2007 08:48 PM
PartyDoll MEG I can't get into Backstreets.com right now, but I got this email from them today if anyone is interested in trying...

"BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN AND THE E STREET BAND REHEARSAL CONCERT SEPT. 28 AT CONTINENTAL AIRLINES ARENA
Tickets On Sale Tuesday, Sept. 25 at Noon

A Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band rehearsal concert will be held this Friday, Sept. 28 at Continental Airlines Arena in preparation for the band's world tour that begins Oct. 2 in Hartford.

Tickets, priced at $100, go on sale at noon tomorrow, Sept. 25 through Ticketmaster charge-by-phone only (201-507-8900, 212-307-7171, 866-448-7849). Tickets will not be sold online at Ticketmaster.com, Ticketmaster outlets or at the Continental Arena Box Office. There is a two ticket limit.

A limited number of general admission and reserved tickets will be sold. Tickets must be picked up the night of the concert at the Arena Box Office will call. The credit card used to purchase the tickets and a photo ID will be required. No cameras, recorders or laser pointers allowed.

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will perform at Continental Airlines Arena on Oct. 9 and 10. Both shows are sold out. 'Magic', Bruce Springsteen's new studio recording and his first with the E Street Band in five years, is set for release by Columbia Records on October 2nd."
24th September 2007 09:13 PM
Gazza
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
new Video...

Fabulous. He's the man.

'Magic' is going to be a 'Monster'

24th September 2007 09:21 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle 9/24 setlist, as reported @ btx:
Radio Nowhere
No Surrender
Gypsy Biker
Empty Sky
Something In The Night
Girls In Their Summer Clothes
Night
The Promised Land
Livin' In the Future
Devil's Arcade
Candy's Room
She's The One
Lonesome Day
My Hometown
The Rising
Last To Die
Long Walk Home
Thundercrack
Born To Run
E: Darlington County
American Land

[Edited by Left Shoe Shuffle]
24th September 2007 10:43 PM
pdog Is Continental Airlines Arena the Meadowlands?
These revolving corporate names are confusing as fuck...
24th September 2007 10:50 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
pdog wrote:
Is Continental Airlines Arena the Meadowlands?
These revolving corporate names are confusing as fuck...

Hey..you are from there, P...how should I know?!!

I got shut out in my quest for Boston tickets today and I am still "steaming"..especially when I looked at Stubhub at 10:45am and saw all the tickets that were already on sale. And I only scored side stage upper level seats for Cleveland. But I keep reminding myself of what you always say.."you can always find a ticket"..

This sounds like a way too familiar story doesn't it.....
24th September 2007 10:56 PM
pdog
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Hey..you are from there, P...how should I know?!!

I got shut out in my quest for Boston tickets today and I am still "steaming"..especially when I looked at Stubhub at 10:45am and saw all the tickets that were already on sale. And I only scored side stage upper level seats for Cleveland. But I keep reminding myself of what you always say.."you can always find a ticket"..

This sounds like a way too familiar story doesn't it.....

Oakland is sold out, I have no ticket and no worries.... last time he played here, I got my ticket from TicketBastard last minute and was way upfront.
24th September 2007 11:07 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
pdog wrote:
Is Continental Airlines Arena the Meadowlands?

Yep.
Formerly Brendan Byrne Arena, and soon to be something else.
With the Devils gone to the new Prudential Center in Newark, and the Nets moving to Brooklyn in 09, Continental didn't like the idea of having their name affixed to a white elephant.

I sent a check for $100 to the NJSEA asking that they rename the place Danny, but I haven't heard back from them yet...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)