ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Ugly Helloween everyone!
©eharms325 and thanks SweetVirginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Springsteen album & tour October 2nd (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
28th August 2007 05:27 PM
Izzyboy
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
As someone once sang, "The waiting is the hardest part...."
Thanks Meg!

I LOVE Mellencamp!
28th August 2007 05:33 PM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
He alergic to the Mason Dixon line?...nothing south of Washington?....must be another leg planned....

two, actually

Secondary US markets in the spring of 2008 followed by a stadium tour after he comes back from his return visit to Europe for the summer stadium tour there.

Australia also planned for spring '08, I believe.
28th August 2007 05:47 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nellcote wrote:
As someone once sang, "The waiting is the hardest part...."
Thanks Meg!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Izzyboy wrote:
I LOVE Mellencamp!

And he loves you.
And Tom Petty, too.
28th August 2007 05:56 PM
robpop It looks like the only gig I will be at this fall is my hometown show. I'll wait until next year to make a road trip.

This may be my last time at the Igloo, since it is headed for the scrapheap.

[Edited by robpop]
28th August 2007 06:17 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
robpop wrote:

What a dump.

Pens were looong overdue for a new building.
28th August 2007 06:21 PM
robpop
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

What a dump.

Pens were looong overdue for a new building.

You are being to kind by calling it a dump. That place was a cesspool in the seventies.
28th August 2007 06:25 PM
mmdog
However it was the site of the best show of The 1999 No Security Tour.
28th August 2007 06:30 PM
robpop
quote:
mmdog wrote:

Damn great show. It was the only one I attended on that tour, so I have nothing to compare it to. But, all all the reviews I have read seem to justify your statement.
28th August 2007 11:17 PM
sweetcharmedlife
quote:
mmdog wrote:

Well,I beg to differ. Oaklnad was the site of the best Rolling Stones show of that tour.........And many others. Those are simply the facts.
30th August 2007 05:16 PM
Nellcote From Backstreets.....

This thang is getting traction now....can't wait...

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN AND THE E STREET BAND PERFORM ON 'TODAY' IN A RARE LIVE TELEVISION APPEARANCE

Springsteen Makes History on Rockefeller Plaza, Friday, September 28

NEW YORK – Thursday, August 30, 2007 - - For the first time in history, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will perform live on NBC News' "Today's" famed Rockefeller Plaza, Friday, September 28, 2007. This marks Springsteen's second live performance on "Today." In July 2002, Springsteen and the E Street Band made their first appearance on a major television network morning show, performing in Asbury Park, NJ.

In their live concert on the Plaza, Springsteen and the E Street Band will perform songs from their October 2 Columbia Records release 'Magic' as well as classic hits. The band also kicks off their first full scale tour of the US and Europe since 2002-03 on October 2 in Hartford, CT.

The E Street Band's members are: Roy Bittan - keyboards; Clarence Clemons - saxophone, percussion; Danny Federici - keyboards; Nils Lofgren - guitars; Patti Scialfa - vocals, guitar; Garry Tallent - bass; Steven Van Zandt - guitars; Max Weinberg - drums.

Jim Bell is the executive producer of "Today" (Monday - Friday, 7-10 a.m.). Melissa Lonner is the senior producer responsible for "Today's" summer concert series.
30th August 2007 07:58 PM
Gazza More of this in the year to come, please.

Nils at his best.....

30th August 2007 08:20 PM
robpop
quote:
Gazza wrote:
More of this in the year to come, please.

Nils at his best.....

Great song. It hits home, literally. I was born and raised in the Monongahela Valley (Even though Bruce butchers the prounciation of it) mentioned in this song.

Even though Bruce is not from the area, he has alway been a true friend to the region.
[Edited by robpop]
30th August 2007 10:25 PM
Lethargy The Boss is headed for the scrapheap himself...

quote:
robpop wrote:
It looks like the only gig I will be at this fall is my hometown show. I'll wait until next year to make a road trip.

[Edited by robpop]

31st August 2007 06:33 AM
SweetVirginia I'm posting these pictures to distract Gazza in hopes he won't notice your comment, Lethargy.

31st August 2007 07:04 AM
Gazza LOL...I'm only surprised it took him 5 pages...!
31st August 2007 07:20 AM
SweetVirginia Gazza, I received this exciting offer by e-mail yesterday from another New Jersey guy:

Sorry to defile the Bruce thread with this.
31st August 2007 07:20 AM
PartyDoll MEG Gazza..Nelly and I have been having a little "Random youtube" pre-celebration..

Please feel free to join in..
31st August 2007 07:22 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
Gazza, I received this exciting offer by e-mail yesterday from another New Jersey guy:

Sorry to defile the Bruce thread with this.

Girlfriend....
You are lucky you live across the pond
31st August 2007 10:06 AM
Martha
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Not a chance at all.
He's the Boss, he's large & in charge.

LOL He's most certainly The Boss of ME ! :-)

Tour dates to be announced soon then?

Will he come to Denver???????

xxoo,
MM
31st August 2007 01:54 PM
Gazza
quote:
Martha wrote:

LOL He's most certainly The Boss of ME ! :-)

Tour dates to be announced soon then?

Will he come to Denver???????

xxoo,
MM

Martha

I've already POSTED the tour dates, love....

no Denver shows this time, but he'll be back in the US in early 2008
31st August 2007 01:55 PM
Gazza For those of you in the US who can't wait until October 2nd for the album,for some bizarre reason Sony are releasing the VINYL edition of it a week earlier, on September 25th.
31st August 2007 02:12 PM
pdog I've already ordered myself a copy for myself since it will be my birthday...
Bruce, thank you for marking my 40 years on this planet by honoring me with this gift...
See you at the Superbowl Boss, you will play and then Philadelphia will win their first Superbowl.
31st August 2007 02:13 PM
gimmekeef ITunes has a pre-release special.Buy now for $8.99 and get the Radio Nowhere single now for "free"....Then D/L the album Oct 2nd.Not a bad deal if you can stand Itunes....
31st August 2007 02:14 PM
Dan
quote:
Gazza wrote:
For those of you in the US who can't wait until October 2nd for the album,for some bizarre reason Sony are releasing the VINYL edition of it a week earlier, on September 25th.

Pearl Jam and possibly some other bands have done this over the past decade or so.
31st August 2007 02:18 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
ITunes has a pre-release special.Buy now for $8.99 and get the Radio Nowhere single now for "free"....Then D/L the album Oct 2nd.Not a bad deal if you can stand Itunes....

you can get the Radio Nowhere single free without purchasing the album also. From his site:

AMAZON.COM AND COLUMBIA RECORDS
EXCLUSIVELY PREMIERE THE NEW BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN
MUSIC VIDEO ON AMAZON.COM
FANS GET FIRST GLIMPSE OF "RADIO NOWHERE" VIDEO ONLY ON ONLINE RETAILER'S WEB SITE

Amazon.com and Columbia Records will exclusively premiere Bruce Springsteen's music video "Radio Nowhere" on www.amazon.com/music on Tuesday, September 4. For 24 hours, fans around the world will get their first and only look at the new video online at Amazon.com. "Radio Nowhere" is the first single to be released off of Springsteen's upcoming album "Magic", his first album with the E Street Band since 2002's "The Rising."

"Bruce Springsteen is a music icon, and we are very happy for our customers who will view the 'Radio Nowhere' video, for the very first time, on Amazon.com," said Peter Faricy, vice president of music and movies at Amazon.com. "He has excited his fans with new music for over three decades. This unique opportunity to debut the work of a legend is truly amazing. This is just one example of our continued commitment to deliver new, original content to our customers."

"The premiere of the new music video of 'Radio Nowhere' from Bruce Springsteen and the E Street band is a major event," said Steve Barnett, Columbia Records. "We are equally pleased to be able to bring this electrifying new music video to Bruce Springsteen and the E Street band fans exclusively through Amazon.com."

"Magic" is now available for pre-order on amazon.com for $9.99, a savings of 47 percent.

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN AND THE E STREET BAND ANNOUNCE FIRST FULL SCALE TOUR OF US & EUROPE SINCE 2003

NEW BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN SINGLE "RADIO NOWHERE" AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY AS A FREE DOWNLOAD ON ITUNES STARTING TODAY

31st August 2007 02:53 PM
Martha
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Martha

I've already POSTED the tour dates, love....

no Denver shows this time, but he'll be back in the US in early 2008

I missed that obviously. Only shows I know about are the 2 ready for onsale through TX bastard.

Next spring works for me.

Thanks darlin'.

xxoo,
MM
31st August 2007 03:14 PM
Martha
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I think the first leg will just be major markets

Expect more secondary markets in Feb/March or so and then a return to the US for more shows later in 2008 after they come back from Europe.

So, Denver is not a major market.

I knew it. :-(

We've even been blown off by The White Stripes this time around.

There's no major market close by...not as far as the eye can see.

I did find all the tour dates though. :-)

xxoo,
Martha
31st August 2007 03:15 PM
ebmp
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

lol... Little Steven looks sooo fat and old

The Big Man looks great though
[Edited by ebmp]
31st August 2007 03:18 PM
Gazza
quote:
Martha wrote:

So, Denver is not a major market.

I knew it. :-(

Neither is anything below the Mason-Dixon line on this leg, if its any consolation!
31st August 2007 03:35 PM
Martha
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Neither is anything below the Mason-Dixon line on this leg, if its any consolation!

I am consoled, for the moment.

Especially if he makes it out here next spring. ;-)
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)