ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Ugly Helloween everyone!
©eharms325 and thanks SweetVirginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Springsteen album & tour October 2nd (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
5th October 2007 06:08 PM
SweetVirginia
Bruce will be on "60 Minutes" this Sunday night!
5th October 2007 10:53 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle FYI -
Late night ticket drop for tomorrow's Philly show.
Just got GA!
5th October 2007 11:01 PM
pdog
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
FYI -
Just got GA!

I'm expecting the same for Oakland...
5th October 2007 11:04 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
pdog wrote:
I'm expecting the same for Oakland...

As well you should!
5th October 2007 11:26 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
FYI -
Just got GA!

Sweet! I'm hoping the same happens for MSG...
6th October 2007 11:25 PM
PartyDoll MEG Had to post this..I love this version...(I think I see your head, Nelly)

sorry embedding disabled

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th--9bQilW8

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
7th October 2007 01:06 AM
Left Shoe Shuffle I have seen the present of rock and roll, and it's name is Bruce Springsteen...
Good gawd what a show in Philly tonight!

Blasted outta the box with Night, and never let up.
Highlights were plentiful:
Bruce and Stevie sharing the mic for call and response "yeas" on Prove It All Night, The ZZ Top cum John Lee Hooker blues stomper Reason To Believe, Ties That Bind, She's The One, Incident(!), an audibled Cadillac Ranch, Thundercrack, hell even Patti's tune Town Called Heartbreak was on the money.

And the new tunes were made to be played live.
They all sound great.

Just three nights in.
It's only gonna get better.

Setlist:
Night
Radio Nowhere
Prove It All Night
Gypsy Biker
Magic
Reason To Believe
The Ties That Bind
She's The One
Livin' In The Future
The Promised Land
Town Called Heartbreak
Incident On 57th St.
Cadillac Ranch
Devil's Arcade
The Rising
Last To Die
Long Walk Home
Badlands

Girls In Their Summer Clothes
Thundercrack
Born To Run
Dancing In The Dark
American Land
7th October 2007 11:59 AM
PartyDoll MEG Thanks, Leftie!!
Shows on dime:
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-...s.php?id=165381

PM me sometime and maybe Nellcote and I can meet up with ya in Boston.. Got my GA tickets for both shows!!
7th October 2007 12:11 PM
PartyDoll MEG Already up on youtube from last nite

7th October 2007 12:22 PM
fireontheplatter thank your for posting the bruce videos pdm. he sounds great.

keep them coming

set lists too...if possible.
7th October 2007 04:39 PM
MRD8 That John Lee Hooker sounding version of Reason To Believe KICKS ASS!!!
7th October 2007 04:48 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
That John Lee Hooker sounding version of Reason To Believe KICKS ASS!!!

Glad someone else agrees with me!!
8th October 2007 08:11 AM
PartyDoll MEG http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertai...ent/7032770.stm

Springsteen performs chart magic

Springsteen is currently on tour with the E Street Band
Bruce Springsteen has topped the UK charts for the seventh time in his career with his latest album, Magic.
The record, which lashes out at the war in Iraq, beat competition from Katie Melua's Pictures - a new entry at two.

In the singles chart, the Sugababes spend a second week at number one with About You Now.

Club anthem Let Me Think About It, by Ida Corr and Fedde Le Grand, is at two and X Factor winner Shayne Ward drops one place to three with No U Hang Up.

Ayo Technology, by rapper 50 Cent and Justin Timberlake, also drops one place to four, while the Plain White T's round out the top five with acoustic ballad Hey There Delilah.

The highest new entry comes from Welsh rockers The Stereophonics, whose It Means Nothing is at 12.

R&B diva Jennifer Lopez is the week's highest climber, taking her English-language comeback single Do It Well from 34 to 11.

Elvis Presley enters the chart at 15 with King Creole - the latest in a series of reissues marking the 30th anniversary of his death.

Other new entries in the top 40 come from Manic Street Preachers, Kate Nash and Mika.

TOP FIVE ALBUMS
1. Bruce Springsteen - Magic
2. Katie Melua - Pictures
3. Foo Fighters - Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace
4. James Blunt - All The Lost Souls
5. Babyshambles - Shotter's Nation
Source: Official UK Charts Company
Rihanna's Umbrella is the longest-serving single in the chart, notching up its 21st week.

In the album charts, US rock band the Foo Fighters drop from number one to number three with Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace.

James Blunt's second album, All The Lost Souls, is at four while Pete Doherty's band, Babyshambles, score their first top five album with Shotter's Nation.

And in US:
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news...t_id=1003654940

Springsteen A Lock For Another No. 1 Album
Bruce Springsteen

October 07, 2007, 4:30 PM ET

Geoff Mayfield, L.A.
Bruce Springsteen is a lock to add another No. 1 album to his resume, according to Nielsen SoundScan's Friday Building Chart, released Oct. 5. Unweighted sales through close of business Thursday saw "Magic" leading the next best selling album by almost a 2-to-1 margin.

Rascal Flatts' "Still Feels Good" was runner-up on the Friday mid-term report, while matchbox twenty's "Exile on Mainstream" was the second-best seller among albums released Oct. 2. New albums by Soulja Boy, J. Holiday, Trey Songz, Faith Hill and Brooks & Dunn each have a shot at top 10 chart starts, according to the Friday chart.

Springsteen's "Magic" had piled up 165,000 copies on the Oct. 5 chart, up from 89,000 on the Wednesday Building Chart. Springsteen's total on the Friday report beats the 155,000 that Reba McEntire had posted two weeks earlier on the Friday Building Chart on her way a final chart-leading total of 301,000.

This would mark Springsteen's third No. 1 on The Billboard 200 among his last four studio albums. "The Rising" and "Devils & Dust" each bowed at No. 1 in 2003 and 2005, respectively, while last year's "We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions" peaked at No. 3.

Nielsen SounddScan's Building Charts post sales through Tuesday and through Thursday from Trans World Entertainment, Best Buy, iTunes, Circuit City and Borders, and from mass merchants Target, Anderson Merchandisers and Handleman Co., the last two being the wholesalers that place music in Wal-Mart stores. Billboard estimates the Building panel accounts of 79% of U.S. music sales.

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
8th October 2007 09:19 AM
Mel Belli Finally, a critic gets Magic right:

AMG's Stephen Thomas Erlewine:

Hailed as Bruce Springsteen's return to rock upon its release in fall 2007, Magic isn't quite as straightforward as that description would have it seem. True, this does mark another reunion with the E Street Band, only his second studio album with the group since 1984's Born in the U.S.A., giving this a rock & roll heft missing from his two previous albums — the dusty, literary Devils & Dust and the raucous We Shall Overcome: The Pete Seeger Sessions — and unlike The Rising, the first E Street Band album of the new millennium, there is no overarching theme here. It's just a collection of songs, something that Bruce hasn't done since Human Touch, or maybe even The River. All the ingredients are in place for a simple, straight-ahead rock album, except for two things: Springsteen didn't write a lot of flat-out rock songs, and with his producer Brendan O'Brien, he didn't make an album that sounds much like a rock & roll album, either. Magic is bright and punchy, a digital-age production through and through, right down to how each track feels as if it were crafted according to its own needs instead of the record as a whole.

Underneath this shiny veneer, the E Street Band can still lift this music toward great heights, infusing it with a sense of majesty, but this is an E Street Band that was recorded piecemeal in the studio, pasted together track by track as the group fit sessions into their busy schedules. This approach gives the album a bit of a mannered, meticulous sound not unlike The Rising, but such careful construction was appropriate for Springsteen's cautious, caring 9/11 rumination; on Magic it tends to keep the music from reaching full flight. Then again, the songs here don't quite lend themselves to either the transcendent sweep of Born to Run or the down-n-dirty roadhouse rockers that cluttered The River. There's a quiet melancholy underpinning this album. It's evident even on the hard-driving "Radio Nowhere," whose charging guitars mask a sense of desperation, or the deceptively breezy "Girls in Their Summer Clothes," which grows more wistful with each passing chorus. "Girls" is also indicative of how Magic doesn't quite feel like classic E Street Band, even when it offers reminders of their classic sound: like "Born to Run," it trades upon Phil Spector, but here the band doesn't absorb the Wall of Sound; they evoke it, giving the song a nostalgic bent that emphasizes the soft sadness in his melody. This oddly bittersweet vibe that is shared by "Your Own Worst Enemy," whose baroque harpsichords — uncannily reminiscent of the Left Banke — are the biggest curveball here.

That is, it's the biggest specific curveball outside of the overall feel of Magic, which is far too somber to be called just another rock & roll album. The solemn, sepia-toned picture of the Boss on the cover is a pretty big tip-off that there may not be a whole lot of good times coming on Magic, but it's a surprise that this is not only not as joyous as We Shall Overcome, it doesn't have as many moments of sunny relief as The Rising, which had "Waitin' on a Sunny Day" and "Mary's Place" among its quiet, artful grief. Here, the joy and the sadness are fused, skewing such otherwise lively numbers as "Livin' in the Future" — which otherwise sounds like it could sneak onto the second side of Born in the U.S.A. — toward the sober side. Springsteen also targets war and politics throughout the album, either through metaphors (the title track, where the audience is suckered by a con man) or blunt declarations ("Last to Die"). All this toil and tension doesn't make for a very fun album, but 2007 isn't a very fun time, so it's an appropriate reflection of the time. The thing of it is, despite some fine moments of craft — both musical and lyrical, whether on "Gypsy Biker" or "Long Walk Home" — the songs aren't written with the keen literary eye that made Devils & Dust play like a collection of short stories. Like the music, the words just feel a shade too deliberate, rendering Magic just a bit too overthought — hardly enough to make for a bad record, but one that isn't quite grabbing, even if it is helped immeasurably by the E Street Band in old pro mode. And what's missing comes into sharp relief as the album draws to a close with "Terry's Song," a quickly written and recorded tribute to Terry Magovern, Springsteen's longtime friend and assistant. Compared to the rest of the album, this simple tune is a bit ragged, but it's soulful, moving, and indelible, immediate where the rest of the album is a shade distant. After hearing it, it's hard not to wish that Bruce would record this way all the time.
8th October 2007 10:30 AM
Gazza
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
unlike The Rising, the first E Street Band album of the new millennium, there is no overarching theme here.

Personally, I think the 'overarching theme' of 'The Rising' is somewhat exaggerated. The '9/11' link to several songs is tenuous at best.

'Magic' has a far higher % of its songs which are unequivocably inspired by world events.
[Edited by Gazza]
8th October 2007 10:58 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Personally, I think the 'overarching theme' of 'The Rising' is somewhat exaggerated. The '9/11' link to several songs is tenuous at best.

'Magic' has a far higher % of its songs which are unequivocably inspired by world events.
[Edited by Gazza]

I agree with that.
8th October 2007 04:00 PM
Mel Belli The vids here are as bad as the ones at RS.com. Comforting!

http://www.brucespringsteen.net/news/index.html
8th October 2007 04:11 PM
pdog
There's way more rock and roll in this thread, than in the VH thread.
Just needed to be said!
8th October 2007 04:15 PM
Fiji Joe I see that VH thread as sort of like a sting operation...you know, like when the cops send invitations to all the criminals with warrants to attend a special party with prize and money giveaways...and then they lock the doors and arrest all the doofuses that show up...it's the same thing with that thread

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
8th October 2007 04:21 PM
robpop Yes, I ditched the black Trans AM with the gold firebird on the hood. I'm taking refuge in here for a while.
10th October 2007 03:50 PM
PartyDoll MEG FYI...West coasters...from Backstreets.com

TICKET ALERT: OAKLAND SHOW ADDED, ONSALE 10/15
As the Oracle Arena website now reports, a second Springsteen concert there is being added for October 25, the night before the already-sold-out October 26 show. Tickets for 10/25 will go on sale ths coming Monday, October 15, at 10 a.m.

10th October 2007 04:42 PM
pdog
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
FYI...West coasters...from Backstreets.com

TICKET ALERT: OAKLAND SHOW ADDED, ONSALE 10/15
As the Oracle Arena website now reports, a second Springsteen concert there is being added for October 25, the night before the already-sold-out October 26 show. Tickets for 10/25 will go on sale ths coming Monday, October 15, at 10 a.m.

I just got the email...
10th October 2007 04:50 PM
Gazza Live! Tonight! From the Meadowlands to your living room

Just a reminder to set your Tivos and VCRs, as VH1 Classic will be broadcasting the beginning of tonight's Meadowlands show live. (If you don't have VH1 Classic, try VH1, as they may be airing it, too -- I've yet to get solid confirmation on that, but that's the buzz.)

Also airing on VH1 Classic tonight, as part of their 24 hours of Bruce broadcasting, is Dave Marsh's new interview with Springsteen (previously heard on SIRIUS Satellite Radio) on a program called Inside Track.

www.backstreets.com
10th October 2007 04:59 PM
sweetcharmedlife
quote:
pdog wrote:

I just got the email...

And to think their were those who insisted their was no way Oakland would get a second show. NEVER doubt the power of the Bay Area rock & roll market.
10th October 2007 05:07 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Live! Tonight! From the Meadowlands to your living room

Just a reminder to set your Tivos and VCRs, as VH1 Classic will be broadcasting the beginning of tonight's Meadowlands show live. (If you don't have VH1 Classic, try VH1, as they may be airing it, too -- I've yet to get solid confirmation on that, but that's the buzz.)

Also airing on VH1 Classic tonight, as part of their 24 hours of Bruce broadcasting, is Dave Marsh's new interview with Springsteen (previously heard on SIRIUS Satellite Radio) on a program called Inside Track.

www.backstreets.com

Thx Gazza... All set to record... would've missed this w/o the heads up...
I'm really looking forward to seeing Bruce in Oakland. No tix, no worries...
10th October 2007 05:24 PM
Gazza
quote:
sweetcharmedlife wrote:

And to think their were those who insisted their was no way Oakland would get a second show. NEVER doubt the power of the Bay Area rock & roll market.

Thats because it simply wasnt mentioned in the lists that were going round which mentioned several 'options' for second shows, (which was admittedly quite puzzling as its a good market)..it appears that his management didnt really have any intention to play a 2nd night (evidenced by the fact that the additional show is now actually the FIRST night)

Delighted for you guys youre getting a 2nd night
10th October 2007 05:45 PM
fireontheplatter i heard that he will be on vh1 tonight..because it was said on, mike and the mad dog show today. the mad dog is all bruce juiced....he keeps yelling.....IS THERE ANYBODY ALIVE OUT THERE? during the show. he went to the 1st show.

i plan to tune into this tonight.

10th October 2007 05:57 PM
Mel Belli Was at Continental Airlines Arena last night. Great show, of course. Although, I was hugely disappointed to learn via Backstreets.com that he had listed "Incident" and "Backstreets," but ended up playing "Darlington County" and "Brilliant Disguise" instead.

The new "Reason to Believe" is a revelation, and "Thundercrack" is a blast.
10th October 2007 06:04 PM
fireontheplatter what are the chances of bruce jumping up onto that grand piano and playing a few licks like he used to back in the day? he is several shows deep into this tour and i ain't seen it yet.
10th October 2007 06:46 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
what are the chances of bruce jumping up onto that grand piano and playing a few licks like he used to back in the day? he is several shows deep into this tour and i ain't seen it yet.

Well, he played on the Professor's piano on the Rising tour for songs like "Incident" and "My City of Ruins" and played a ton of keyboards for the D&D solo tour... Never rule it out; a Bruce tour is always an unfolding work in progress.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)