ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Ugly Helloween everyone!
Šeharms325 and thanks SweetVirginia
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Springsteen album & tour October 2nd (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18th October 2007 09:42 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Ya, but did you see the next 2 I just posted?

No.

I was busy hiding all sharp objects.
18th October 2007 09:54 PM
pdog please don't ignore me guys. i can only do one show, which should i throw my efforts towards?
18th October 2007 09:56 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
pdog wrote:
please don't ignore me guys. i can only do one show, which should i throw my efforts towards?

No bout a doubt it - #2!
18th October 2007 10:02 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
pdog wrote:
please don't ignore me guys. i can only do one show, which should i throw my efforts towards?

Oh I am not ignoring you, Honey.
I am trying to watch a baseball game too!

If ya can't do them both P, Bruce is well worth it either night you go..but he HAS changed it up with newer stuff on the second nite so far this tour.....

By the way my son will be moving to your area real soon to continue his education (PhD). I lost your email when my puter crashed so send me one so we can chat.
18th October 2007 10:04 PM
pdog PM sent... I'm watching it too!
BoSox putting up a fight!
So, will mommy be coming out west a bit now?
18th October 2007 10:05 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle 14. You Can Look...

Then depression set in.
Luckily the only sharp thing handy is a Sharpie.

Gonna take some work to get those black marks off of my wrists...

18th October 2007 10:06 PM
pdog
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
14. You Can Look...

Then depression set in.

MSG is the worst place to find tickets for shows...
18th October 2007 10:07 PM
pdog but a good place to see a show...
18th October 2007 10:07 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
pdog wrote:
PM sent... I'm watching it too!
BoSox putting up a fight!
So, will mommy be coming out west a bit now?

Why of course!!!!
18th October 2007 10:09 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
14. You Can Look...

Then depression set in.

Sorry!!!

We have 2 Bostons next month...so don't be too depressed....
18th October 2007 10:11 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Sorry!!!

We have 2 Bostons next month...so don't be too depressed....

No worries. Can't shoot the messenger.

Boston'll be great.
2 Bruce shows and a World Series parade!
19th October 2007 07:20 AM
Gazza
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

Ah, I'm alright with missing that one.

Now if NY homeboy Steve Earle shows up for State Trooper...

...all of the freeloaders who booed Bruce's PSA would have a stroke...!

(Just got tickets yesterday to see both of Earle's shows here in January)
19th October 2007 07:22 AM
Gazza
quote:
pdog wrote:

Without question, night 2 if you want some surprises.
19th October 2007 08:02 AM
Gazza Last night's show is up on Dime :
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=166944

Apparently, they sent fans away who had been waiting for a ticket drop - and then sold some tickets at 8 pm, and continued to sell an hour into the show.
19th October 2007 11:11 AM
SweetVirginia Here are a couple of pics from last night:

19th October 2007 11:27 AM
PartyDoll MEG I just knew you would have that trusty camera with you..and that you would get "the shot"

19th October 2007 11:32 AM
SweetVirginia Look at all those guys down front watching Bruce...they are having a hell of a good time.
19th October 2007 11:47 AM
glencar That is THE whitest crowd I've ever seen!
19th October 2007 11:53 AM
SweetVirginia Also nearly all men.

19th October 2007 12:14 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
That is THE whitest crowd I've ever seen!

Much the same as a Stones crowd, surely. Both bands tend to have as many black people onstage as they have in their audience.

Fantastic pics. Whats the deal with the small number of folks in FRONT of the crash barrier?
19th October 2007 12:16 PM
Gazza
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
Also nearly all men.

Thats the pit, though - right? I'm sure that'd be an endurance test for most people.
19th October 2007 12:29 PM
Nellcote Gazza, my pit recollection, from being in there in Hartford was 179 people. Much room between the barrier & pit. We saw the fire marshall in the pit area, checking on things. Shortly before the show, more people were allowed into the pit. It's my feeling that the pit area in Boston will be handled in a similar manner, mostly due to the New England region being a bit skittish (understandably so) still from the tragic nightclub fire in Rhode Island a few years back, at the Station, which had over 100 perish, due to a lack of marked exits. Many venues have undergone code re-organization, and while I was waiting in line in Hartford, this topic was brought up by the powers to be. I do not know how widespread this is. So, in total, a few over 600 were wristbanded. An initial 179 were let into the pit, probably there were 250 when the show started. The crowd @ MSG in the pit looks a bit larger.

If one is lucky to get in the pit, it is a truly memorable time.
19th October 2007 01:36 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Gazza, my pit recollection, from being in there in Hartford was 179 people. Much room between the barrier & pit. We saw the fire marshall in the pit area, checking on things. Shortly before the show, more people were allowed into the pit. It's my feeling that the pit area in Boston will be handled in a similar manner, mostly due to the New England region being a bit skittish (understandably so) still from the tragic nightclub fire in Rhode Island a few years back, at the Station, which had over 100 perish, due to a lack of marked exits. Many venues have undergone code re-organization, and while I was waiting in line in Hartford, this topic was brought up by the powers to be. I do not know how widespread this is. So, in total, a few over 600 were wristbanded. An initial 179 were let into the pit, probably there were 250 when the show started. The crowd @ MSG in the pit looks a bit larger.

If one is lucky to get in the pit, it is a truly memorable time.

You're LUCKY right, Nelly? If so...I'm with you
19th October 2007 02:06 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
glencar wrote:
That is THE whitest crowd I've ever seen!

Oh come on Blue...other than concession attendants, and that dude who got offed by the Hell's Angels, I've never seen a black person at a Stones concert
19th October 2007 03:23 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Fantastic pics. Whats the deal with the small number of folks in FRONT of the crash barrier?

They seemed to have two pens, one behind the other. I don't know what the difference between the two tickets was. Here's a cell phone pic I took while it was filling up, and you can better see the divider rail between the two sections.

The front section was definitely right up front.

19th October 2007 03:26 PM
SweetVirginia Here's another pic:

19th October 2007 03:35 PM
PartyDoll MEG The divider is the back of the Pit. The difference in tickets is luck, SV. If your bracelet# is around 200 or so numbers from the randomly drawn number..you get the preferred standing area, like Nelly did.

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
19th October 2007 03:38 PM
Saint Sway I dig it.

reminiscent of the No Security behind the stage seats.

just a flat back stage. No monitors. Rely on performance
19th October 2007 03:44 PM
Gazza
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Oh come on Blue...other than concession attendants, and that dude who got offed by the Hell's Angels, I've never seen a black person at a Stones concert

apart from yourself of course!
19th October 2007 03:47 PM
Gazza
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

They seemed to have two pens, one behind the other. I don't know what the difference between the two tickets was. Here's a cell phone pic I took while it was filling up, and you can better see the divider rail between the two sections.

The front section was definitely right up front.

Ok...I must have looked at the pix wrong. From the first ones you posted it looked like the people AT the stage were in FRONT of a barrier.

quote:
Nellcote wrote:
So, in total, a few over 600 were wristbanded. An initial 179 were let into the pit, probably there were 250 when the show started. The crowd @ MSG in the pit looks a bit larger.

179 in Hartford seems very small. I thought the pit/front section would have had several hundred in it. I'm a bit confused though. Why would they give 600 people wristbands when they know theyre not going to let more than half of them into the pit?
[Edited by Gazza]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)