ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Storm Thorgerson
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Drinking Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
11-23-03 12:52 PM
gypsy Oh, I'm sorry, nanky. I had to do that five years ago with my 18-year-old dog. God, it was the worst thing I've ever had do do. My thoughts are with you and your fam. Just know that you gave Izzy a damn good life!
11-23-03 01:01 PM
nankerphelge Thanks!

Since this is the drinking thread, I'll mention that Izzy used to drink beer! We never fed it to her -- oh maybe a handful here & there to show people how much she loved it -- but we found out when we caught her with her tongue down a bottle I had left on the table one day.
11-23-03 09:09 PM
Sir Stonesalot Was drinking some Rolling Rocks last night. Discovered that Jack Daniels goes REAL good with 'em.

Actually, haven't found a beer yet that doesn't go well with JD.

Well, lite beer, but that shit doesn't go well with ANYTHING. As far as I can tell, the only thing lite beer is good for is cooking with.
11-23-03 09:28 PM
beer SS, have you ever drank JD and wine in the same night? That has gotta be, without a doubt, the worst hangover in the history of hangovers. Avoid it like the plague.
11-23-03 09:47 PM
Scot Rocks Wine and Jack D sounds a terrible hangover, the worst I had was after an evening of debauchary involving beer, tequila, Jack D and the devil itself Absyinth(70%) - STAY AWAY FROM THIS STUFF!!!

The next day was terrible...never again

as for lite beer, never, it tastes like shit and is not real beer
11-23-03 10:59 PM
beer Where can you get real Absynth, and what exactly is it? I know they sell it in some form in Australia but i'm still unclear as to what it is exactly.
11-24-03 06:52 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Yeah...but Rolling Rock IS lite beer.
11-24-03 08:25 AM
Sir Stonesalot No it isn't. Rocks rock. It's in the name!

And it's made in PA. All the best non-stout beer is made in PA. You didn't know? It's the special "hops" that we got.

Pony bottles. Now there is a cool invention. Talk about a buzz booster! You end up slamming 7 oz of beer at a time. I like to buy a case of those little bad boys and drink them all up. Now THAT is a good buzz. The problem is that my wife won't talk to me for several weeks afterwards.

So I make sure to do it quite often. It's certainly the most fun way of getting my wife to shut the fuck up.
11-24-03 09:31 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
No it isn't. Rocks rock. It's in the name!

And it's made in PA. All the best non-stout beer is made in PA. You didn't know? It's the special "hops" that we got.

I like Rolling Rock okay...sometimes. On a hot, muggy summers day, as ice cold as one can get it. Then it can be guzzled down quite quickly.
11-24-03 09:40 AM
Zeeta Recovering from the heaviest weekend in a fair while!

Am I a pussyass cos I can't be bothered with a hangover and just drink more!!

Anyways hit the bars hard in Soho some goth pub - cheap double jds! People are lookin at me strange at work as well - apparently I have red eyes and look rough, I think I look pretty good like this...a bit like ,,,yes Keithicus!
11-24-03 09:55 AM
sirmoonie Someone send me some absynthe.
11-24-03 10:14 AM
Sir Stonesalot I had some by God moonshine Sat nite. It was like, 2000 proof or some such nonsense. I did 2 shots of that, and the fuckin' walls started moving around.
11-24-03 10:47 AM
egon
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Someone send me some absynthe.

now there's some stuff that'll fuck you up!
11-24-03 11:18 AM
Joey " I'll check you bleeds later.

Mongo! "

Moonie ...................................

I'll Bleed for you if You Bleed for me .

Developing ..................................like a pleasurable rash .

Jacko !

11-24-03 01:48 PM
Jaxx to catch a supreme buzz, i have one word: jaggermeister
after a few of those, it doesn't matter what kind of domestic beer you're drinking
11-24-03 02:53 PM
Joey " to catch a supreme buzz, i have one word: jaggermeister
after a few of those, it doesn't matter what kind of domestic beer you're drinking ......."

Damn Straight My Mile High Momma !

http://www.jager.com/index.cfm
11-24-03 03:03 PM
scope Started last night off with a few Heinekins, then some pints of good ole Guiness, and at the last place I was at I saw the tap, thought of my Nanky friend and had me a few Newcastles. Mmmm, Mmmm good!

p.s. work sucks today; I'm a hurtin' boy
11-24-03 03:23 PM
Joey " p.s. work sucks today; I'm a hurtin' boy "

Scopey .........................................

I would like to

Come to Joey ................................

11-24-03 07:00 PM
nankerphelge Scope -- weren't those Newcastles great!

Don't you want to run out to a supply store and buy a kegerator so you can by it by the barrel!!

I do!!

Not tonite tho.
Tonight I am slugging Jamesons Gold.

In honor of my doggie!
11-24-03 07:03 PM
glencar Anybody else think Chicago is the best city to go drinking in?
11-24-03 07:24 PM
nankerphelge I've never been drinking in Chicago.
But of all the cities have drunk in, New Orleans was by far the best.

Have I ever mentioned how fucking good Jamesons Gold is??

Like candy!
11-24-03 07:36 PM
glencar NO was fun but Chicago was more fun.
11-24-03 08:24 PM
LadyJane
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Not tonite tho.
Tonight I am slugging Jamesons Gold.

In honor of my doggie!

So sorry Nanky!!

Here's a toast to Izzy!!

LJ.
11-24-03 08:43 PM
nankerphelge Thanks LJ!
11-24-03 09:10 PM
Ten Thousand Motels New gadget allows alcohol to be inhaled

The inventor of a gadget that enables people to inhale alcohol through their nose or mouth claim it doesn't cause hangovers.

Dominic Simler, 30, discovered that by mixing spirits with pure oxygen, a cloudy alcohol vapour can be created which can be either snorted or inhaled.

He is marketing it as AWOL, or Alcohol With Out Liquid, and says it can be used to consume any spirit.

Mr Simler said: "AWOL has got to be the ultimate way to consume your favourite shot. The effect is unlike any experience to date. The vapour produces an instant 'high' with no hangover the next day."

The spirit is poured into a special diffuser capsule which is then plugged into an oxygen generator.

Once inhaled, the alcoholic gas goes straight into the bloodstream to give an instant 'hit'

annova
11-24-03 09:17 PM
gypsy I took a vicoprofen for Izzy. I know she would have liked it.
11-25-03 01:44 AM
parmeda
quote:
glencar wrote:
Anybody else think Chicago is the best city to go drinking in?

Yeah, baby...now we're talkin'!
Shall I make an itinerary?
Come thirsty, bring cash...body armor is optional

*BLUE CHICAGO on N. Clark Street (Willie Kent & the Gents house the joint)
*FAMOUS DAVE'S, also on Clark (no cover!)
*BROTHER JIMMYS BAR B'QUE on N. Sheffield (blues, cajun and zydeco!)
*POPS FOR CHAMPAGNE, also on Sheffield (Blues and Jazz)
*ROOSTER BLUES on Lake Street (2 stages)
*KINGSTON MINES on N. Halsted (2 stages)
*ROSA'S LOUNGE on W. Armitage (Closed Mondays)
*BUDDY GUY'S LEGENDS on S. Wabash ('nuff said!!!!)
*KOKO TAYLOR'S CELEBRITY, also on S. Wabash ( "Wang Dang Doodle" )
*CHECKERBOARD LOUNGE on 43rd St. (This is no no-fucking-brainer!)
*BOULEVARD CAFE on W. Logan (Thursdays: Sugar Blue)
*DICK'S LAST RESORT on North Pier (Dixie House Band: 4 old coots that will die in this joint!)
*HOUSE of BLUES on Dearborn (When there's NOT a headliner...)
*HARRY CARRAY'S, also on Dearborn next to HoB (7:30pm nightly to sing "Take Me Out To The Ballgame"...the drunks congregate here from all corners of the city just to do THIS)
*Any, and I mean ANY, tavern on RUSH ST. or DIVISION (24/7...)

This list doesn't even scratch the surface...however, you MUST stop and pay homage at 2120 South Michigan Avenue. (To document "the crawl" with a nice photo-op, of course!)
((...and may God help you if you're asking yourself "WTF is there?" ))

AND...to make this easier for ya, (one-stop shopping so-to-speak) plan a trip to Chicago (NANKY...and 9 of your closest friends!) for the 21st Annual Chicago Blues Festival scheduled June 10-13, 2004, on our beautiful lakefront.

Hey, Tele...did I miss anything?
11-25-03 12:46 PM
Sir Stonesalot I had a great time at Dick's Last Resort.

The Dixieland guys quit fairly early. Then a full on house rock band hit the stage. The bartenders all sang songs...and sang really well.

I was drinking Jim Beam & coke that night. My dad said I had 14 of them. The bill said I had 4. Our waitress took a shine to me. Seems she wasn't charging me for all the drinks I was downing. I remember at one point, the table behind us was clamouring for her to take a drink order from them. She was sitting on my lap at the time. She looks over at them and says, "Hey, I'll get there when I can. Can't you people see that I'm trying to get laid over here!" My dad choked on his beer when she said that.

Both times that I've been to Chicago, I had a great time. But NO PLACE is like Amsterdam.
11-25-03 12:51 PM
glencar Great last, Parmeda! I remember a jazz club there that was fun. The Back Room or something like that. I haven't been to Chicago in a decade or so & my biggest regret is not getting to the Checkerboard Lounge or Chess Records.
11-25-03 12:52 PM
telecaster "Hey, Tele...did I miss anything?"

Well you did miss Wrigley Field but that is only open 81 days a year!

You covered all the bases Pam, good job
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17