ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Storm Thorgerson
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Drinking Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
12-02-03 01:25 PM
nankerphelge Yes they are -- had Newcastles for lunch as usual!
12-02-03 01:37 PM
Boomy nanky, I thank you for the New Castles recommendation.

It is really, really
12-02-03 01:39 PM
nankerphelge Food of the gods, eh Boomy!!

I'm going back for more shortly!

12-02-03 01:42 PM
Boomy It really is fantastic. It's not really bitter, and it has a sweet taste to it. Quite I tell ya!

Get some more, Nanky!!
12-02-03 11:13 PM
sirmoonie Went into this bar yesterday and ordered a Dewars. Friggin' barjack asked me if I wanted in "on the rocks." I reached over and grabbed the punk by the neck and told him I want it on the fucking rocks, under the fucking rocks, round the side of the fucking rocks, goddam surrounding the goddam fucking rocks!

You can bet he didn't ask any more wise ass questions the rest of the night.
12-03-03 12:25 AM
Sir Stonesalot Great minds moonie....got Dewars in my glass right now.

12-03-03 12:39 AM
Some Guy Coors Lite
12-03-03 09:06 AM
parmeda I'm home today...gonna decorate the tree...any suggestions?
12-03-03 09:37 AM
Factory Girl Stoli & Cranberry juice. Keith drinks it by the gallon.
12-03-03 09:46 AM
Sir Stonesalot Stoli and Sunkist. THIS is Keith's "Toxic Waste".

You can become the "Toxic Tree-Decorating Avengerwoman".

The courthouse holiday party is today. I think I'll get about half-gooned and go win a door prize.

Oh hell yeah. That sounds like a great idea!!

I got some Absolut getting dusty. I better go dust it off.
12-03-03 10:28 AM
nankerphelge I got myself a big fat "haid" this morning from too much wine last nite. It is starting to settle down a bit -- thank god lunch is just around the corner!!

Oh what should I have today?????
12-03-03 10:40 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Oh what should I have today?????

How about checking into your local Detox Unit?
12-03-03 10:48 AM
Ten Thousand Motels No, I'm sorry after I read it I realized my mistake. I meant to say Re-Tox unit. That's it, I think I'll check in myself.
12-03-03 11:22 AM
sirmoonie Holy fucking Utahs! Someone busted into my mini-bar in the stealth of night and chowed all the goddam Jim Beam!
12-03-03 11:29 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Someone busted into my mini-bar in the stealth of night and chowed all the goddam Jim Beam!

Fuckin' mice. They get a bit rowdy this time of year.
12-03-03 06:05 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Fuckin' mice. They get a bit rowdy this time of year.

Actually, believe it or not, it was a Rat.
12-03-03 08:55 PM
gypsy A SheRat perhaps?
12-03-03 10:31 PM
sirmoonie Damn sure looked like a female. Ya should have been there, Gyps.
12-04-03 12:05 AM
parmeda
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
You can become the "Toxic Tree-Decorating Avengerwoman".

LMAO!
You shoulda seen me earlier, SS...whew!

[Edited by parmeda]
12-04-03 11:10 AM
Joey

Pammy .....................................

Can you believe what they did to my Baby Steelie ?!?!?!

Shiver .........................................

" Jacko ! "

12-04-03 02:09 PM
SheRat hey everyone. only piped in b/c I saw my name.

Yes, indeed sirmoonie, Gypsy *should have* been there!

One day, Gypsy and SheRat will get together for a party and NOTHING and NO ONE will ever be the same. Gyps and I know how to party on the REZ. Put that in yer Jim Beam bottle and try to keep me from drinking it.

Hi Gypsy!
12-04-03 03:32 PM
gypsy Hey, girl! What's up? Sounds like someone's having a good time. Wish I were there, damnit!
12-04-03 03:50 PM
Joey " Hey, girl! What's up? Sounds like someone's having a good time. Wish I were there, damnit! "

Wish I were filming it .

What ?!?!?!?!

Oh , OK !!!!!! Here ya go ! :

www.zairgit.com/filez/parishilton.wmv

12-04-03 09:24 PM
sirmoonie You couldn't handle it Joey. You couldn't even handle filming it.

And get that pointless Steelie drivel off this quality drinking thread!
12-04-03 10:23 PM
Some Guy Coors lite in the bottle
12-04-03 10:37 PM
sirmoonie I like you Some Guy. So please start lying about your continued use of diet beer.

Thanks in advance.
12-05-03 12:26 AM
parmeda Not that this has ANYTHING to do with "us"...
...at least not YET!
Then again, there are a few of ya that are in a downward spiral, lol.
And you know who you are

DRINKING ASSOCIATED WITH BRAIN SHRINKAGE
Thu Dec 4, 2003

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Studies have shown that having a drink or two a day may be good for the heart, but a new study suggests that moderate drinking may not be so beneficial for the brain.

The study of people in their 50s and 60s found a possible link between low-to-moderate drinking and reduced brain size.

But researchers caution that the reduction in brain size was small, and whether such a reduction has any significant effect is unknown.

Chronic alcohol abuse is known to reduce brain volume, but the effect of moderate drinking on the brain is uncertain. Some studies have found that light-to-moderate drinking reduces the risk of stroke in some people. But research in people 65 years or older has found a connection between drinking and a reduction in brain size.

As people age, they sometimes change their drinking habits, so a team led by Dr. Jingzhong Ding at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland, set out to measure the effect of alcohol consumption in a somewhat younger group of people. Their study included more than 1,900 people ages 55 to 64, who underwent brain scans with magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). Data on alcohol consumption were based on self-reports.

Light-to-moderate drinking did not seem to have a protective effect on the brain, the researchers report in the advance online edition of Stroke: Journal of the American Heart Association (news - web sites). Light (one to six drinks a week) to moderate (seven or more drinks a week) drinkers were no more likely to have signs of dead brain tissue show up on the MRI scan.

Among drinkers, each additional drink consumed per week was associated with a decrease in brain volume. This association was seen in men and women and in blacks and whites.

The study is not the first to suggest that drinking can affect brain volume, but it does provide evidence that the process may begin sooner than expected, according to the researchers.

The impact of drinking on brain health and the risk of stroke remains uncertain, however.

"The clinical significance of the small reduction of brain volume associated with moderate alcohol drinking observed in the present study is unknown," the authors conclude.
12-05-03 12:46 AM
Sir Stonesalot Piffle.

My brain gets bigger when I'm drinking.

Like last night, fer instance. Went over the mountain to a basketball game. Stopped for a bite and a few brews for pre-game meal. They had that NPN trivia thingy. After 2 pitchers of Yings and a shot of Cuervo, I set a location high score for the movie trivia. Remember, I said AFTER 2 pitchers and a shot. I do not think I would have been capable of doing that had the alcohol not swelled my brain and lubricated my synapsis.

I also shoot pool better after I've imbibed a bunch. Helpful for sharkin' hapless rubes of their paychecks.
12-05-03 07:43 AM
nankerphelge What the hell does Dr. Jingzhong Ding know (if that's really his name). I'm with Stoney on this one -- after a couple of beers, my brain goes into overdrive.

Dr. Jingzhong Ding (that's not a name, it's a Christmas song) should get hisself a bottle and try it out -- maybe he'll do better reasearch next time.

What Dr. Jingzhong Ding (can somebody get the door) needs is some Newcastles!! That's what he needs!
12-05-03 07:53 AM
Zeeta Nanky mate!

You should buy shares in the Newcastle Business - on your consumption alone they would make huge profits!!!

Fuckin Friday .. and it NEEDS to be I'm gaggin' to get drinkin this PM!

What's the best Rolling Stones song to drink to?

Depends on the mood you're in but I like Happy...

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17