ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image for more information
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Official ROCKS OFF World Cup Thread VOL. II Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
26th June 2006 04:59 PM
maumau fact is that i think the referee was not incompetent
incompetent was ivanov last nite who completely lost control of the game
he made some arguable decisions
the first was a red card for a tackle from the front where materazzi hit zambrotta who pushed bresciano
the second was a penalty where the defender missed the timing on the tackle and fell in front of Grosso who did not avoid him (could he?)
you, and everyone here would have been outraged if a penalty like that would have not been given to your team.
maybe if the referee could watch the replay he would have seen that the australian defender had no intention to make grosso fall. Still, the action is arguable and a penalty not a scandal.
But I guess everyone sees what he wants to see
I am sorry for the australians because Hiddink made them play at their best. But if you dont score even if you are in control of the game for 60 mins then you're going to lose. Of course Hiddink plan was to get to the penalties. He did not succeed. Dont put the blame on the referee.
26th June 2006 05:23 PM
time is on my side
quote:
maumau wrote:
you, and everyone here would have been outraged if a penalty like that would have not been given to your team.
maybe if the referee could watch the replay he would have seen that the australian defender had no intention to make grosso fall. Still, the action is arguable and a penalty not a scandal.

We agree to disagree. I understand there were penalties but everyone can always say if they would have done this or if they would have done that they wouldn't have lost.

I hear that argument all the time. If you would have made plays earlier in the game or adapted a different strategy then you wouldn't have had to depend on the officials or referees. I, for one, have never bought into that cliche.

Actually, with the overwhelming majority of games thats true. However, in closely fought games where the opponents are even, this is where the officials or referee's can and sometimes do affect the outcome of a game. A borderline call by a referee at the very end of the game that decides a game is, in my opinion, incompetence if it's not clear cut. LET THE TEAMS PLAY- LET THE TEAMS DECIDE WHO WINS AND WHO LOSES

There's no way the call today was clear cut. However, I respect your views in this matter.

Edited for spelling
[Edited by time is on my side]
26th June 2006 05:38 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Oekranie to next round. Congrats.
26th June 2006 05:56 PM
maumau I respect yours also but why call the role of the referee, as it seems to me you do, just for the penalty in the last minute?
What about the role of the referee when he showed the red card to Materazzi? Was that not a way in which he could have put a decisive mark on the game?
It could in fact, but Australia has not been able to take advantage of that unfair (IMHO) decision.
So that is what soccer is about. Good shots, bad ones, mistakes by player, mistakes by referees, mistakes by coaches, arguable decisions by all.
All I can't stand here is the talking about the scandal when there is none.
Maybe the only scandal for me is how bad my team played But that's another story.
26th June 2006 06:18 PM
time is on my side
quote:
maumau wrote:
I respect yours also but why call the role of the referee, as it seems to me you do, just for the penalty in the last minute?

I understand your point with the red card and it's a valid point. However, red cards do not necessarily mean goals. I've seen red cards and no subsequent goals in the games so far. Teams defenses, in the World Cup, can find out a way to still shut out an opponent even being a man down.

However, a penalty kick is a different matter altogether. The score was 1-0 and look at the other game today. Goals are hard to come by. The odds of a team scoring is dramatically increased with a penalty kick. With it being in the last minute, this ultimate penalty should definitely be clear cut. It was not. Thus my outrage. I wasn't really pulling for any team.

edited for spelling
[Edited by time is on my side]
26th June 2006 07:18 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
aussies are stolen!!!!!!!!!

that's the general feeling down here - a very bitter way to leave the tournament
26th June 2006 07:41 PM
Soldatti Italy-Australia: Shameful
The other game was the most boring thing in the earth, they could play during 3 days and no goals will be scored.
26th June 2006 07:52 PM
Gazza The Ukraine-Switzerland game shall henceforth be known as 'The Stink in Cologne'

The only Swiss who would have scored tonight will be the ones who ended up in the red light district afterwards.

The referee should have thrown them both out and gone on to play Italy in the next round himself

Gutted for the Aussies. What a horrible way to get eliminated
26th June 2006 08:32 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
The other game was the most boring thing in the earth, they could play during 3 days and no goals will be scored.

Wait, there's a solution and it was proposed by Gazza: "Even Voodoo wouldn't have failed to score (during your proposed three-day match), even if he were blind drunk and singing into his shoe, with his cock hanging out of his pants... "
26th June 2006 08:53 PM
Daethgod we wuz robbed !

again

26th June 2006 09:05 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yes Daethgod and never your avatar was so consistent with your words... fuck the referees, let's have fair-play only
27th June 2006 02:48 AM
albert Hi maumau,

if Holland would have gotten that penalty we would be laughing our brains out, drink our next Heineken and telling each other how lucky we were with that referee and deep in our heart we would know and admit that the referee gave us the match.
And above all: we didn't want any player to miss the penalty (given to us 5 seconds before ending the official time of the match!) and we would be very happy to go to the next round.
So whats the conclusion: the Dutch would be just as happy as the Italians with the referee's mistake. But ev'ry true (Dutch) football fan would admit: this was a gift (from the referee; not from god........)

I love football!! Specially if Ghana wins the next match!!
Also I have to get ready for Wimbledon and the Tour d' France

gr,
Albert
Holland
27th June 2006 02:52 AM
Jumacfly Bye bye switzerland!!LOL, what a bunch of suckers!!

Tonight Spain/France and this afternoon Brasil/Ghana..
27th June 2006 06:43 AM
maumau
quote:
albert wrote:
Hi maumau,

if Holland would have gotten that penalty we would be laughing our brains out, drink our next Heineken and telling each other how lucky we were with that referee and deep in our heart we would know and admit that the referee gave us the match.
And above all: we didn't want any player to miss the penalty (given to us 5 seconds before ending the official time of the match!) and we would be very happy to go to the next round.
So whats the conclusion: the Dutch would be just as happy as the Italians with the referee's mistake. But ev'ry true (Dutch) football fan would admit: this was a gift (from the referee; not from god........)

I love football!! Specially if Ghana wins the next match!!
Also I have to get ready for Wimbledon and the Tour d' France

gr,
Albert
Holland

many thanks for the lesson albert
i do things differently, i take seriously the outrage of other fans, i dont laugh at them if my team plays crap and wins at the last minute against a very weak team that would not have scored in three days
and i never denied that the penalty was a mistake, i even say i would not have call for it
i just think that to say the referee was backing italy is plain bullshit and a very clichč thing to say without thought
To each his/her own style i think
27th June 2006 09:09 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Bye bye switzerland!!LOL, what a bunch of suckers!!

Sorry Jumy but your comment deserves

27th June 2006 09:40 AM
Daethgod Aussie Dream

[Edited by Daethgod]
27th June 2006 09:55 AM
corgi37 Soccer in Australia will be terminally destroyed by that fucking stupid decision last night.
27th June 2006 09:58 AM
Madafaka
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
Aussie Dream

Everybody's dream!
27th June 2006 10:02 AM
gustavobala
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Soccer in Australia will be terminally destroyed by that fucking stupid decision last night.

i donīt believe, i think who will be more strong....if they think who can possible tied with italia, they will so long in football!
27th June 2006 10:03 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

Everybody's dream!

Wait, just change the TV for our Brazilian friends
27th June 2006 10:05 AM
gustavobala
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Wait, just change the TV for our Brazilian friends

no problem, itīs only a dream;;;;lol

however, they can put italia in there....lol
27th June 2006 10:45 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl You're right the TV can say AUS 12 - 0 MEX and I don't give a fuck as long as the other part of dream comes true
27th June 2006 11:34 AM
caro I can't watch Spain-France tonight, but here's my (very uninformed) prediction: France will win due to some totally undeserved twist of luck during extra time. After this, having decided that they've done enough to give Zidane's career a dignified end, our team will proceed to lose the next game. And I'll start supporting Argentina!
27th June 2006 11:50 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
caro wrote:
I can't watch Spain-France tonight, but here's my (very uninformed) prediction: France will win due to some totally undeserved twist of luck during extra time. After this, having decided that they've done enough to give Zidane's career a dignified end, our team will proceed to lose the next game. And I'll start supporting Argentina!

Hell not. Spain will send the French home.
27th June 2006 12:46 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Brazil still on "rehearsals" winning 3-0 to Ghana
27th June 2006 01:03 PM
gustavobala uuuuffffff....god, i almost died in this game!

we do 2 goals in irregular situation: no problem, brazil 1 - 0 ghana

ghana donīt deserve win because does many WRONGS shots to goal! AND MANY LACKS...A GOOD EQUIP, BUT VIOLENT!!!!
27th June 2006 01:21 PM
time is on my side Hey there's a new king on the block

Congratulations to Ronaldo for setting the new World Cup scoring mark with 15 goals

Brazil cruises
27th June 2006 01:27 PM
stewed & Keefed Brazil 3-0 Ghana

Ronaldo became the highest scorer in World Cup finals history as Brazil beat Ghana to book a quarter-final place against Spain or France.
The 29-year-old took just five minutes to go past Gerd Muller's tally of 14, latching on to Kaka's through ball and rounding Richard Kingson to slot home.

Adriano tapped in Cafu's cross and Ze Roberto ran through to wrap it up while Ghana's Asamoah Gyan was sent off.

John Mensah had the Africans' best chance, but Dida saved his header.

Brazil will now meet Spain or France in the last eight on Saturday in Frankfurt at 2000 BST.

The scoreline was perhaps a touch harsh on Ghana, who recovered from a horror start to match their more illustrious opponents.

It was a start made more remarkable by the African side's defensive naivety than Brazil's attacking prowess, as twice in five minutes they got caught out at the back.

The first time they were saved by a flag incorrectly ruling Ronaldo offside, the second time they pushed up and allowed Kaka to feed in Ronaldo, who shimmied past Kingson and slotted in.

After all the criticism, it was yet another record-breaking goal for the peerless Real Madrid man.

Still Ghana failed to learn. Ze Roberto found Adriano in acres of space only for the striker to fluff his lines, trying to round Kingson but falling to the floor and being booked for a dive.

Brazil began strolling - if they needed a reminder they were in a game Matthew Amoah's 20-yard drive that flew just wide should have done the trick.

But it did not seem to, as Amoah shot straight at Dida and then Gyan turned Lucio superbly before rifling over on the stretch from 12 yards.

Two minutes before half-time, they had a golden chance to level. Mensah rose unchallenged from a corner, but to Ghana's dismay his bullet header struck Dida's leg and bounced away from danger.

Just before the break they were punished when Brazil launched a quick counter-attack and Cafu crossed for a seemingly offside Adriano to bundle home.

Ronaldo rounds Richard Kingson to create history in Dortmund

It was hard on Ghana after a spirited response to their early errors and to their credit they continued to plough forward after the break.

John Pantsil flashed a header wide from another set-piece and Gyan and Haminu Draman both wildly lashed over from good positions.

As Brazil sat back Stephen Appiah fed in Gyan, but the hero of the win over Czech Republic was foiled again by an impressive diving stop from Dida.

Until Gyan was sent off - his second yellow card was for diving - Brazil did not look like adding to their tally, a Pantsil header at his own goal a rare venture into the Ghana penalty area.

But with 11 against 10 they stepped up the pace and Ghana's misery was compounded when substitute Ricardinho floated a ball over the top and Ze Roberto flicked it past Kingson, ran round him and rolled into an empty net.

The defending champions are slowly but surely clicking into gear at this World Cup finals.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brazil: Dida, Cafu, Lucio, Juan, Carlos, Emerson (Silva 45), Ze Roberto, Kaka (Ricardinho 83), Ronaldinho, Adriano (Juninho 61), Ronaldo.
Subs Not Used: Cicinho, Cris, Fred, Gilberto, Julio Cesar, Luisao, Mineiro, Rogerio, Robinho.

Booked: Adriano, Juan.

Goals: Ronaldo 5, Adriano 45, Ze Roberto 84.

Ghana: Kingson, Pantsil, Shilla, Mensah, Pappoe, Draman, Eric Addo (Boateng 60), Appiah, Muntari, Amoah (Tachie-Mensah 69), Gyan.
Subs Not Used: Otto Addo, Adjei, Ahmed, Kuffour, Mohamed, Owu, Pimpong, Quaye, Sarpei.

Sent Off: Gyan (81).

Booked: Appiah, Muntari, Pantsil, Eric Addo, Gyan.

Att: 65,000.

Ref: Lubos Michel (Slovakia).
27th June 2006 02:25 PM
Gazza very enjoyable game. Ghana have been great to watch in this tournament. A bit flattering for Brazil but theyre starting to look the part
27th June 2006 02:41 PM
Madafaka Brazil is still into the WC!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)