ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image for more information
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Official ROCKS OFF World Cup Thread VOL. II Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
5th July 2006 08:59 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
glencar wrote:
I think we're all rooting for Portugal in this next game, right?

I feel so humiliated by your post Blue!!!
5th July 2006 09:00 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:
you think wrong!

Gazza rules!!
5th July 2006 09:56 AM
Madafaka I'm more Italian than ever!
5th July 2006 10:03 AM
PartyDoll MEG Hey Ju... I'm with you!!! Giving up pretty boy Ronaldo for Zidane and the boys!!!

Come on France!!!
5th July 2006 10:21 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Hey Ju... I'm with you!!! Giving up pretty boy Ronaldo for Zidane and the boys!!!

Come on France!!!

thank you Meg, we can do it with our team of papy boomers!!
5th July 2006 10:23 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
I'm more Italian than ever!

now you want to be an actor??
(just kidding!)
5th July 2006 10:26 AM
Gazza
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Gazza rules!!

vous avez raison, mon ami. Allez les bleus!

(and even if Italy win it, its still a 'blue' team, so its all good...)
5th July 2006 10:43 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Gazza wrote:
you think wrong!

No, no. He think's RIGHT!

It'd be nice to think that the team that beat England has at least the decency to see the whole thing through.
5th July 2006 11:14 AM
Gazza couldnt give a fuck if its the team that beat England or not - and certainly wouldnt be influenced by their participation or lack of it in an overseas conflict.

all irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. Zidane's my favourite player of this generation and he's retiring after this is over and Henry is possibly the best player in the world at present. Which is why I want France to win it. Plus the fact that, whilst they maybe havent been the most outstanding side in the tournament, of the three who are left theyve been the most enjoyable to watch.

If you want omens, the last time the Stones' Euro tour coincided with the World Cup was in 1998. My first show of the tour was in Paris, where the final had been played 2 weeks earlier. This year, my first show is in Berlin, 2 weeks after the final is played there. The winners in 1998 were France. Maybe history will repeat itself.

Of course, another way of looking at it is that when Italy last won the World Cup, in 1982, the Stones were there to play concerts at the time - and the MC was one of the Italian players, Claudio Gentile. This year, the band's first concert after the final is also in Italy.

Ps Alex - technically speaking, the last team to actually 'beat' England were Northern Ireland.

[Edited by Gazza]
5th July 2006 11:37 AM
Bruno We brazilians have a selfish reason to be Portugal now: we want Felipe Scolari to show Parreira how is suposed to be.

Parreira, you mothefucker....

Fuck off these "europeans" (please donīt misunderstand me)pop-stars "players" we saw against France, in 2010 we want some real brazilians ones!

Go Scolari, Go!
5th July 2006 12:05 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Ps Alex - technically speaking, the last team to actually 'beat' England were Northern Ireland.

[Edited by Gazza]

Let go Gazza!

No, if truth be told, I'm neutral. I just want to watch a great game of football. With the likes of Ronaldo, Zidane and Henry on the pitch, one would hope we have a great chance of that.
5th July 2006 01:47 PM
jb http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/07/05/D8ILUTQ01.html
5th July 2006 01:51 PM
caro
quote:
Gazza wrote:
If you want omens, the last time the Stones' Euro tour coincided with the World Cup was in 1998. My first show of the tour was in Paris, where the final had been played 2 weeks earlier. This year, my first show is in Berlin, 2 weeks after the final is played there. The winners in 1998 were France. Maybe history will repeat itself.

Besides, France gave the world Exile on Main Street, still the Stones just cancelled a show in Paris. In other words, god owes us a big-ass compensation. Go frogs!

5th July 2006 02:07 PM
Highwire Rob Yes, I want to see you French take it all. Your country deserves a World Cup celebration to unify citizens--if just for a little while--considering your social upheavals of the last year.

Promise me you'll keep the celebration safe. Promise!
5th July 2006 02:27 PM
Madafaka
5th July 2006 04:46 PM
Poplar
Jumac - fire up something like your avatar
5th July 2006 05:05 PM
Madafaka Congrats again, JU!
Great final match next Sunday!
5th July 2006 05:26 PM
SweetVirginia

5th July 2006 05:39 PM
Gazza Allez les grenouilles magnifiques !
5th July 2006 05:40 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/07/05/D8ILUTQ01.html

I saw that too. They hate us for our football, Josh!
5th July 2006 05:59 PM
PartyDoll MEG
What a great game!! The old guys did it Ju!!!

5th July 2006 06:21 PM
Jumping Jack Congrats to France. If Italy couldn't beat the US with a man advantage no way will they beat France.
5th July 2006 06:50 PM
Gazza Italy's appearance in the final just shows what a great result that was for the US, actually. The only team in the tournament to stop them winning - and doing so with a man short.

Both Italy and France have peaked in time for the final. Theres really nothing between them
[Edited by Gazza]
5th July 2006 07:19 PM
stewed & Keefed Portugal 0-1 France

Zidane celebrates with his team-mates after the winning penalty
France booked a World Cup final spot against Italy after Zinedine Zidane's first-half penalty earned victory over a disappointing Portugal in Munich.
Zidane struck coolly past Ricardo on 33 minutes after Thierry Henry was tripped inside the box by Ricardo Carvalho.

Henry saw another shot trickle wide and Franck Ribery forced Ricardo to save.

Luis Figo and Deco saw shots saved by Fabien Barthez and Figo nodded over late on, but France stayed in control and thoroughly deserved their win.

Raymond Domenech's side will now play Italy in the final in Berlin on Sunday at 1900 BST.

The final will be Zidane's last game before he retires from professional football and is a chance to win his second World Cup after the 1998 triumph on home soil.

Zidane's influence on proceedings was not quite as substantial as in the previous rounds against Spain or Brazil, but apart from a lively start Portugal rarely looked like ending their French curse.

They have not beaten France since 1975 and have still never beaten them in a major competition.

But Luiz Felipe Scolari - who lost his 100% record as a coach at World Cup finals - saw his side begin well, with Deco and Figo both forcing saves from Fabien Barthez with low 20-yard drives.

Cristiano Ronaldo was being roundly booed every time he touched the ball after his histrionics against England, but he was in fine form and twice had shots blocked as he surged at the French defence.

Having made a slow start, Domenech's side clinically took the lead just after the half hour mark.

Zidane's first-half penalty nestles in the back of Ricardo's net

Henry turned exquisitely just inside the area and was brought down by Carvalho, Zidane stepping up to decisively strike the penalty past Ricardo, who managed to get a hand on it.

Ronaldo tried to win a spot-kick of his own moments later, but his theatrical dive under the slightest challenge from Willy Sagnol was ignored by referee Jorge Larrionda.

Henry had a chance straight after the restart to double the lead, but after twisting and turning in the box his shot squirmed under Ricardo and out for a corner.

Portugal looked far from threatening with the out-of-sorts Pauleta on his own up front and Ricardo had to save Ribery's drive as France stayed in control.

The second half was a dire affair, scrappy and lacking any real creativity - it suited the French down to a tee because they never let Portugal back into the game.

Their best chance was down to Barthez. He bizarrely parried a Ronaldo free-kick into the air but from six yards Figo could only head the rebound over.

Figo and his team-mates tired badly and they simply could not muster a late rally to provide the French with any sort of threat.

Scolari furiously marched onto the pitch at the final whistle to remonstrate with referee Larrionda, but had little reason to complain.

The 57-year-old, who had won 12 World Cup games in a row as coach of Brazil and Portugal, was finally left to suffer the bitter taste of defeat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Portugal: Ricardo, Miguel (Paulo Ferreira 63), Meira, Ricardo Carvalho, Nuno Valente, Costinha (Postiga 74), Maniche, Deco, Ronaldo, Pauleta (Simao 68), Figo.
Subs Not Used: Boa Morte, Caneira, Nuno Gomes, Paulo Santos, Quim, Ricardo Costa, Tiago, Viana.

Booked: Ricardo Carvalho.

France: Barthez, Sagnol, Thuram, Gallas, Abidal, Ribery (Govou 72), Vieira, Zidane, Makelele, Malouda (Wiltord 69), Henry (Saha 85).
Subs Not Used: Boumsong, Chimbonda, Coupet, Dhorasoo, Diarra, Givet, Landreau, Silvestre, Trezeguet.

Booked: Saha.

Goals: Zidane 33 pen.

Att: 66,000.

Ref: Jorge Larrionda (Uruguay).

5th July 2006 09:02 PM
Ronnie Richards What a horrible fucking game!
Is this theworst world cup ever?
Actually 1990 was worse. And perhaps 1934? Or 1962? I really don't know..

Go france go= GO!!!!!
Oh, please dont go out on me, dont go out on me now, never acted up before, dont go on me no, I swear I never took it for granted, just thought of it now, Suppose I abused you, just passing it on
Go...fuck...

Once fastened, servile, now your getting sharp
Moving oh so swiftly, with such disarm
I pulled the covers over him, shoulda pulled the alarm
Turned to my nemesis, a full on fucking god
No...time...suck...my...please...
Dont go on me (4x)
Please...oh...

Suck...blood...touch...please, tunnel vision...tuck...time...see...
Please, please, please...
Dont go on me (4x)
Please...dont you want me...dont go on me...
Please...dont go on me..
5th July 2006 09:13 PM
Gazza
quote:
Ronnie Richards wrote:
What a horrible fucking game!
Is this theworst world cup ever?
Actually 1990 was worse. And perhaps 1934? Or 1962? I really don't know..

1990 was the absolute pits. Funny but 2 weeks ago people were talking about this as being one of the best ever. The knockout stages have been less exciting however, but still some good ones (France/Brazil, Argentina/Mexico, France/Spain.)
6th July 2006 12:19 AM
jtorquetti
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Congrats to France. If Italy couldn't beat the US with a man advantage no way will they beat France.

And France couldn't beat South Korea too...
That's why I love soccer. Everybody could win!!!

Well it's time to surrender... Go Zizou!!! You deserve this cup!!!!
6th July 2006 03:17 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Poplar wrote:

Jumac - fire up something like your avatar

Done! and several times
6th July 2006 03:37 AM
maumau well gazza i think italy vs ukraine and italy vs germany were good games too...
6th July 2006 04:16 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

What a great game!! The old guys did it Ju!!!

thanks Meg,Max, and all my pals for your kind words!!
we did an average game and the penalty was very strange.
Portuguese got a great faculty to fall , this Ronaldo is thiner than the other but what a comedian!
Hopefully, the young Thuram did a great performance!!

IMHO Italy got the best team and are the fav for the final game.It s also the revenge of the Euro 2000, and I m sure it will be very very difficult for us to win.
the key of the game will be the match in the match between Pirlo and Vieira.

cheers to you all, I m having my fifth coffee this morning, I ve celebrate the victory with a destroying weed so I got to wake up!!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)