ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image for more information
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Official ROCKS OFF World Cup Thread VOL. II Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
27th June 2006 02:59 PM
tumbling dice
Brazil is like the Stones.They swing a lot in the field and don´t care about critics and fans.KEEP ON ROLLING!!
27th June 2006 04:41 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Holy shit!! FRance scored 5 minutes before the end... I think we're out!
27th June 2006 04:43 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Holy shit!! FRance scored 5 minutes before the end... I think we're out!

Yup, probably. And SSC and me will be flying to Spain in 36 hours... ouch! At least we fly over France
27th June 2006 04:51 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl France 3 - 1 Spain

va te faire mettre Gazza,d accord?

Congratulations to all my friends in France, so sorry we're out and now I don't have more nationalities so for the time being I'm Brazilian (Hi Luciana!)
27th June 2006 04:53 PM
gustavobala spain: play how never, lost how ever

until now:

9º spain
10º swiss
11º holland
12º ecuador
13º ghana
14º mexico
15º sweden
16º australia
17º south korea
18º paraguay
19º ivory coast
20º rep. czechs
21º polonia
22º croatia
23º angola
24º tunisia
25º iran
26º usa
27º trinidad & tobago
28º japan
29º saudi arabia
30º togo
31º costa rica
32º serbia & montenegro

27th June 2006 04:57 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
27th June 2006 05:23 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Yup, probably. And SSC and me will be flying to Spain in 36 hours... ouch! At least we fly over France

We can leave our Spanish shirts at home...
27th June 2006 07:16 PM
Madafaka Congrats Ju!

My fav teams are into the next key
27th June 2006 07:18 PM
Gazza
quote:
tumbling dice wrote:

Brazil is like the Stones.

does this mean they wont be turning up for the quarter final?

[Edited by Gazza]
27th June 2006 07:28 PM
Gazza Without question, the two greatest players to have graced the game in the last fifteen years :

Both of them written off a week ago as too old and slow or too fat and lazy

..and now the critics can kiss their you know what....
27th June 2006 07:36 PM
stewed & Keefed Spain 1-3 France

France struck twice in the last 10 minutes to see off Spain and set up a quarter-final meeting with Brazil.
Spain went ahead through David Villa's superbly struck penalty after Lilian Thuram rashly fouled Ibanez Pablo.

France soon equalised when Frank Ribery rounded Iker Casillas after he was found by Patrick Vieira's clever pass.

With seven minutes to go Vieira powered in a header and with Spain pushing forward Zinedine Zidane broke clear for a solo effort in stoppage time.

Zidane, who struggled in France's first two group games, looks to have finally found his rhythm, prompting and cajoling his teammates to victory just as he did during their successful 1998 campaign.

France's victory also means Brazil will face their nemesis Zidane again, the player who scored twice against them in the 1998 World Cup final.

An absorbing game offering two contrasting styles, with Spain pursuing a patient passing game while France adopted a more direct approach to try to utilise Thierry Henry's pace.

Mariano Pernia went close with a dipping free-kick, though the Spain defender was soon on defensive watch as he courageously blocked a Zidane shot.

While Pernia showed bravery, his defensive colleague Carles Puyol relied on athleticism to head back to Casillas to stop Zidane's pass reaching Henry.

The Arsenal striker finally escaped the attentions of the Spain defence when he broke down the right and sent over an inviting cross that neither Vieira or Ribery could reach.

Villa's penalty briefly stopped France in their tracks.

Thuram was too eager to challenge Ibanez and Italian referee Roberto Rosetti had no hesitation in pointing to the spot.

Barthez guessed correctly, but Villa's shot - low and powerful - was unstoppable.

Five minutes before the interval France equalised with a elegant goal as Vieira's quick pass released Ribery.

Finishing has not been the Marseille's winger strongest point in France's group games, but Ribery's speed got him round Iker Casillas and his sidefooted finish eluded Pernia and Puyol as they tried to cover back.

France's equaliser saw the game shift up a notch in intensity in the second half.

Just as Vieira had released Ribery, Zidane did the same for Florent Malouda, whose lobbed effort drew a one-handed save from Casillas.

Just past the hour Ribery skipped his way past Pernia, but he was unable to find a French player with his powerful cross.

France's invigorating start to the second half prompted Spain coach Luis Aragones to make a double substitution as he brought on Luis Garcia and Sanchez Joaquin.

With 12 minutes left Joaquin ghosted past Eri Abidal before firing a shot into the side netting.

But it was France who found an extra gear in the last 10 minutes as first Vieira and then Zidane punished Spain.

It was a deflected Zidane free-kick that Vieira headed in and France's captain applied the coup de grace with a run and powerful shot that gave Casillas no chance.

The defeat was the first Spain had suffered under Aragones in 25 games since he took charge after Euro 2004.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spain: Casillas, Pablo, Puyol, Sergio Ramos, Pernia, Fabregas, Xavi (Senna 72), Alonso, Villa (Joaquin 54), Torres, Raul (Luis Garcia 54).
Subs Not Used: Salgado, Marchena, Albelda, Reyes, Antonio Lopez, Iniesta, Canizares, Juanito, Reina.

Booked: Puyol.

Goals: Villa 28 pen.

France: Barthez, Sagnol, Thuram, Gallas, Abidal, Ribery, Zidane, Makelele, Vieira, Malouda (Govou 74), Henry (Wiltord 88).
Subs Not Used: Landreau, Boumsong, Dhorasoo, Silvestre, Saha, Givet, Diarra, Trezeguet, Chimbonda, Coupet.

Booked: Vieira, Ribery, Zidane.

Goals: Ribery 41, Vieira 83, Zidane 90.

Att: 43,000.

Ref: Roberto Rosetti (Italy).

27th June 2006 07:40 PM
Soldatti Typical spanish ending, two years unbeaten (euro 2004) and they lost in the most important game since then.
27th June 2006 07:51 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Brazil is still into the WC!

Surprised?
27th June 2006 08:02 PM
Madafaka
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Surprised?

Nop, very happy... Pay attention on my emoticon!

The only thing that I'm surprised is see you posting here and not at River Plate Stadium 21 and 23 Feb
27th June 2006 08:10 PM
Carol Sigmaringa OK, we won Croatia (1X0), Australia (2X0), Japan (4X1), Ghana (3X0) and now it's France.
Now it's our time.

Brazil!!!!!!
27th June 2006 09:04 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Come to Voodoo Carol!
28th June 2006 03:23 AM
caro WaAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAaaaaAAaaaaAAAaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
wAAAAaaAAaAAAAAaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
ZidAaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaane!
WAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh!!

(sorry!)
28th June 2006 04:07 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Congrats Ju!

My fav teams are into the next key

thanks Max!

I m so happy and surprised!!
the spanish run faster, play faster but don t score...
they did the mistake to be so arrogant..
Vieira and Ribery were strong and played great, and our defense rule!!
now time to beat Brazil...I don t believe it but...you never know what s going to happen in 90 minutes..
28th June 2006 04:34 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Sorry Jumy but your comment deserves

Sorry Voodoo but it s just my first yellow card so I can play the next game
28th June 2006 04:36 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

Hell not. Spain will send the French home.

Spain/Holland in quarter finals LOL
28th June 2006 08:45 AM
Bruno Adriano´ goal was the flatest ever. Ronaldo and Zé Roberto were great.

But this team is still not as it should be.
28th June 2006 10:31 AM
gustavobala
quote:
Bruno wrote:
Adriano´ goal was the flatest ever. Ronaldo and Zé Roberto were great.

But this team is still not as it should be.

Dida too, great Dida!
28th June 2006 05:05 PM
pdog No football today... I'm posting alot more...

Sorry, you are only allowed to post one message every 60 seconds. Please wait 60 seconds before posting again.
28th June 2006 06:30 PM
Jumacfly

Red card
28th June 2006 08:22 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Red card

FUCKIN' GREAT!
29th June 2006 10:30 AM
glencar This Wimbledon is so exciting! Major upset brewing. Bye bye Nadal?
29th June 2006 12:28 PM
Madafaka Just wait till tomorrow... Argentina-Germany is THE match of the WC these days!
29th June 2006 12:55 PM
Carlos Pigozzi
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Just wait till tomorrow... Argentina-Germany is THE match of the WC these days!

It's arranged, so what do we have to wait ....
29th June 2006 01:16 PM
glencar The fix is in?
29th June 2006 01:20 PM
caro Although I have plenty of ties to Germany, I'm gonna root for Argentina this time -- they're more fun to watch. Besides, I hope the Brazilians will get nervous if they know Argentina has reached semifinals!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)