ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image for more information
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Official ROCKS OFF World Cup Thread VOL. II Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
26th June 2006 10:25 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The Belgians?? LOL...

Yup. They will be THE supprise of this tournament. And I live near the Belgian border, so I have first hand info.
26th June 2006 10:27 AM
Bruno
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
This is the Argentinian spirit!

A pretty huge spirit.
26th June 2006 10:30 AM
gustavobala
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

ok, ok, is a pretty girl, but she has a problem in the eyes....lol
26th June 2006 10:31 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

Nice sun glasses.
26th June 2006 12:52 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Last minute penalty scored by Italy!

26th June 2006 12:52 PM
charlotte ITA/AUS....
a last minute penalty?
TOTTI scores.....

what a match!!!!
26th June 2006 12:53 PM
gustavobala aussies are stolen!!!!!!!!!
26th June 2006 12:54 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
charlotte wrote:
ITA/AUS....
a last minute penalty?
TOTTI scores.....

what a match!!!!

Apparantly Italy needs all but one opponents out of the way in order to score... Well, I guess that means they got through, congrats

Sorry Guus! We know how you feel!

[Edited by Angiegirl]
26th June 2006 12:55 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
aussies are stolen!!!!!!!!!

Yes they are. But that is part of the game. They were by far the better team.
26th June 2006 12:57 PM
gustavobala ok, but that penalty NOT EXIST!!!!!!!!
26th June 2006 12:58 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
ok, but that penalty NOT EXIST!!!!!!!!

That referee is a fool. But we have seen that before.
26th June 2006 12:58 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
ok, but that penalty NOT EXIST!!!!!!!!

The referee doens't get the constant replays before blowing his whistle...
26th June 2006 12:59 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
well down Australia

Slip of the tongue??
26th June 2006 12:59 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

The referee doens't get the constant replays before blowing his whistle...

Come on, he was standing on 1m distance. Should have got this one right.
26th June 2006 01:00 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Slip of the tongue??

No. They went well down...
26th June 2006 01:02 PM
gustavobala until now:

16º australia
17º south korea
18º paraguay
19º ivory coast
20º rep. czechs
21º polonia
22º croatia
23º angola
24º tunisia
25º iran
26º usa
27º trinidad & tobago
28º japan
29º saudi arabia
30º togo
31º costa rica
32º serbia & montenegro
26th June 2006 01:02 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl and Mexico
26th June 2006 01:08 PM
Fabio Hot Stuff yeah, penalty didn't exist. but the important is that my captain TOTTI doesn't fail, so all the journalists now must close their fuckin' mouths
ANGIEEEE where are you, write meeee!!!
Fabio
26th June 2006 01:09 PM
gustavobala not yet....needs wait france x spain because france does the same 5 points like a mexico (and sweden)

if france lost, needs see victorys and goals pro, to put sweden, france and mexico, understand...

the same are from ghana, swiss and ukraine

ecuador 6 points and holland with 7 needs wait, too!

australia only makes 4 points, 5 goals pro and take 6 goals, understand
26th June 2006 01:10 PM
albert Again?????!!!!!!...................

now the Aussies, Guus' Socceroos...........

I hate referees!!!!!!!

F**k 'm
26th June 2006 01:15 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Fabio Hot Stuff wrote:
yeah, penalty didn't exist. but the important is that my captain TOTTI doesn't fail, so all the journalists now must close their fuckin' mouths
ANGIEEEE where are you, write meeee!!!
Fabio

I think Italy and Germany will be again in the Semifinals... I saw them back in 1970 and that's the best match I have ever seen in my entire life, but Riva is not playing anymore same as Beckenbahuer and Gerd Muller

We used the picture you gave me of Mickl wearing the Italian tee in Milano in 1982 but wait for another header of Milano soon

A victory does not smell the same when it is not fair, anyway congratulations and good trip back to the Aussies and sorry to say this but they played better and it was not a fair play here

FORZA ITALIA
26th June 2006 01:15 PM
Madafaka Australia was stolen. Really a shame.
26th June 2006 01:35 PM
stewed & Keefed Italy 1-0 Australia

Francesco Totti came off the bench to score an injury-time penalty and put 10-man Italy into the quarter-finals.
With the clock ticking down, Fabio Grosso marauded down the left flank and worked his way into the box before falling over Lucas Neill's prone body.

Totti kept his nerve to convert with the last kick of the game, breaking Australian hearts in Kaiserslauten.

Luca Toni had earlier missed Italy's best chances, before Marco Materazzi's red card for a foul on Marco Bresciano.

The former Everton defender's dismissal, which was harsh to say the least, altered what had been an open game up until then, as both sides seemed to settle for keeping it tight.

The Socceroos, who had escaped on numerous occasions when Italy's strikers should have done better earlier in the game, failed to make the most of their one-man advantage despite a wealth of possession.

Tim Cahill, with a header, and Bresciano, with a long-range stinger, came close to snatching what had appeared to be an unlikely win before the game late on.

But, in truth, Italy keeper Gianluigi Buffon was largely untested and Guus Hiddink's side paid the price in the third minute of stoppage time when Totti, surprisingly left out in favour Alessandro del Piero, bagged his first goal of the competition.

Materazzi's sending off was harsh

It was reward for another superb defensive display from Marcelo Lippi's side, even if their attacking efforts left a lot to be desired.

Toni in particular was the most guilty in a profligate Azzurri attack, though he was unfortunate not to have done better with a header that went just wide early on and a later turn and shot that Mark Schwarzer stopped with his feet.

Other chances went begging for Italy, as Alberto Gilardino also failed to make the most of some decent openings without Schwarzer having to make another decent save.

But, after Materazzi's harsh dismissal, it was Australia who dominated possession and the shame for them was that they could only produce neat and tidy football, which was ultimately toothless without the injured Harry Kewell.

Scott Chipperfield, on his 50th international appearance, wasted their two best chances - twice firing straight at Buffon when well placed in the area.

And he and Australia were left to rue their lack of ambition at the death, as Totti stepped up to go some way to redeeming himself after a lacklustre tournament so far and stretch Italy's current run to 22 matches unbeaten.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italy: Buffon, Zambrotta, Cannavaro, Materazzi, Grosso, Del Piero (Totti 75), Perrotta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gilardino (Iaquinta 45), Toni (Barzagli 55). Subs Not Used: Zaccardo, Peruzzi, Amelia, Camoranesi, Barone, Inzaghi, Oddo, Nesta.

Sent Off: Materazzi (51).

Booked: Grosso, Gattuso, Zambrotta.

Goal: Totti 90 pen.

Australia: Schwarzer, Chipperfield, Neill, Moore, Culina, Wilkshire, Cahill, Grella, Bresciano, Sterjovski (Aloisi 81), Viduka. Subs Not Used: Popovic, Skoko, Kalac, Kennedy, Lazaridis, Covic, Beauchamp, Kewell, Thompson, Milligan.

Booked: Grella, Cahill, Wilkshire.

Att: 46,000

Ref: Luis Medina Cantalejo (Spain).

26th June 2006 01:37 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Australia was stolen. Really a shame.

A shame it is.
26th June 2006 01:45 PM
maumau
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Australia was stolen. Really a shame.

if i were the referee i wouldn't whistle that penalty, maybe...
but you can't say that it is completely out of nowhere
and what about materazzi red card? If that was the measure last nite holland and portugal would have finished 5 vs 5
italy's game was bad expecially in the second half but the aussies made just 1 shot maybe 2 but we ran no risk.

So if you want to say that aussies were stolen because it is cool to think that big billionaries were not able to score many goals to them, you are all welcome
the truth is Italy went thru and that is how soccer is

in 2002 Hiddink's Korea defeated us because the played better and, most important, scored once and that was it. (though the referee back then was really something...)

ask yourself: if it is the last minute of your team and one of your players is stopped the way grosso was and the referee says that everything is ok....what you think, say, scream...
26th June 2006 02:00 PM
albert mau mau:

something like: "thank you lord, thank you jesus ".................
26th June 2006 02:29 PM
Jumping Jack Should red cards and penalty kicks that likely decide the outcome of a game be reviewed by instant replay to be sure the call is correct? Too many bad calls and bad outcomes?
26th June 2006 02:32 PM
time is on my side Another game- another game largely decided by a blown call(s) from an official. Do the Italians have someone on the payroll???

I know I know- there's some out there that say if you ever complain about the officiating, you're whining. They will tell you five minutes after the game is over "to get over it" or it's just the nature of the game.

To them I say- what a bunch of nonsense, what a bunch of boloney. Officials can and do affect the outcome of games; bad calls can and do decide games; and bad officiating does, in fact, exist. An example- how about World Cup 2006????

My solution- let the teams decide the games. Get better officials. While I do believe the vast majority of games are decided on the field, this game was not one of them. This game was decided by a penalty kick. Who decided whether or not there should be a penalty kick???????????????????

edited for spelling

[Edited by time is on my side]
26th June 2006 03:14 PM
maumau
quote:
time is on my side wrote:
Another game- another game largely decided by a blown call(s) from an official. Do the Italians have someone on the payroll???

yes sure of course
----
thank you jesus thank you lord thank you if you tell me your opinion about the red card to materazzi and thank you also if you answer my question: if it was your team and the referee did not call the penalty what you would have said. Something like: "Oh, what a smart guy! he realized the defender did not go intentionally but simply was late on the ball and my bad bad bad player did not avoid his body, shame on him! I wonder why he was not given a yellow card"

is that it?

come on! try to be fair

cool that no one remember how Italy was pull out by Hiddink 4 years ago. Oh yes that was another match we had someone on the payroll...
26th June 2006 04:38 PM
time is on my side
quote:
maumau wrote:

yes sure of course
----
thank you jesus thank you lord thank you if you tell me your opinion about the red card to materazzi and thank you also if you answer my question: if it was your team and the referee did not call the penalty what you would have said. Something like: "Oh, what a smart guy! he realized the defender did not go intentionally but simply was late on the ball and my bad bad bad player did not avoid his body, shame on him! I wonder why he was not given a yellow card"

is that it?

come on! try to be fair

cool that no one remember how Italy was pull out by Hiddink 4 years ago. Oh yes that was another match we had someone on the payroll...

Please,please give me a break. I was talking about today's game and World Cup 2006. I have a hard TIME remembering what happened a few weeks ago let alone what happened four years ago.

The part about having someone on the payroll is meant to be taken as a joke. It probably got lost in translation. I wasn't exactly being serious.

However, the part about bad officiating affecting and/or determining games in sports, I was perfectly serious about. Again, what was the score in the game between Italy and Australia??? How did Italy score their goal???? Who made the decision???

If what happened four years ago had something to do with bad officiating affecting and/or determining the outcome, then we are talking about the same thing. I agree with your outrage. I like seeing games being decided on the field of play and not by some incompetent official or referee.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)