ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image for more information
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Official ROCKS OFF World Cup Thread VOL. II Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
25th June 2006 02:10 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Sadly, I'm not holding my breath for the next game, I never want to play with the local...

Don't worry, you won't have to. The Argentina team will do that for ya.

Ger-Arg will be a fantastic game. At least something to look forward to after Holland's defeat in a few hours time.
25th June 2006 02:12 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Ger-Arg will be a fantastic game. At least something to look forward to after Holland's defeat in a few hours time.

We will be needing all kind of soccer shirts in Spain. Just to be on the safe side. The orange ones can be left home..
25th June 2006 02:26 PM
Ern Ok let's beat Holland today, and next we'll kick the shit out of England again!!!
GO PORTUGAL!!!
25th June 2006 02:30 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Ern wrote:
Ok let's beat Holland today, and next we'll kick the shit out of England again!!!
GO PORTUGAL!!!

You have a big mouth for a guy with 13 posts...
25th June 2006 02:35 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat And if we lose, it is all beause of those stupid white shirts.
25th June 2006 02:55 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Beer? Check.
Snacks? Check.
Cat painted orange? Check.

Lets play!
25th June 2006 03:10 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
No, but both countries are in the UK

Yes, I know where you’re coming from Voodoo, but we don't really view it like that over here. We may be grouped together as the UK, but when it comes to football, we're very much individual nations. We’re all extremely patriotic to our countries in that sense.
25th June 2006 03:12 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Lol, it will be a great game for sure but our chances are limited.
Good luck on today's match.
25th June 2006 03:16 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Ern wrote:
Ok let's beat Holland today, and next we'll kick the shit out of England again!!!
GO PORTUGAL!!!

Hey Ern (Ern? I mean, Ern?? Really??), I think Holland's going down as well, but I don't need to hear it from a Portugal fan ok!

I do hope we 'kick the shit' out of Scolari's reds. I do.

[Edited by Angiegirl]
25th June 2006 03:23 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Hey Ern (Ern? I mean, Ern?? Really??), I think Holland's going down as well, but I don't need to hear it from a Portugal fan ok!

I do hope we 'kick the shit' out of Scolari's reds. I do.

[Edited by Angiegirl]

Too bad 1 - 0.
25th June 2006 04:20 PM
TornAndFrayed What a pathetic referee.
25th June 2006 04:22 PM
Gazza
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Eh? I hope that’s sarcasm!

I don't recall Northern Ireland being there!

I will withdraw my 'support' if you keep that shit up. (I might even withdraw that Twickenham ticket as well!)

A country of our size doesnt ever 'expect' to be there. YOU 'expect' to win the fucking thing.

We won our 'final' in September. Maybe you can win yours in two weeks time...
25th June 2006 04:23 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Figo is an asshole. A bigtime loser.
25th June 2006 04:29 PM
Gazza
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
No, but both countries are in the UK

Most people in the other 3 parts of the UK would prefer to see England get hammered. which is more a symptom of a negative way of expressing their own national identity than anything else .

Personally, I'm not driven that way. The way the media seem to act as if theyre the only side in the competition is a bit much and would be a pain in the arse if they were to win it (if their continuous obsession with 1966 is anything to go by) plus there's an element of their support which most of the rest of the country find intolerable and repulsive, but while I wouldnt exactly be waving flags were they win it, I sure as hell wouldnt begrudge it either.
[Edited by Gazza]
25th June 2006 04:34 PM
Angiegirl Is it a football match? Ist it a boxing match?

Who knows.

England, you'd better prepare and take some fighting lessons!!
25th June 2006 04:40 PM
caro Jeez, there'll be only the 2 goalkeepers left at the end of the game!
25th June 2006 04:56 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat I'm not a bad loser. Not at all.
But I hate Portugal.
25th June 2006 04:57 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
caro wrote:
Jeez, there'll be only the 2 goalkeepers left at the end of the game!

Yeah, we've gone out with a historic bang!!

Damn.
25th June 2006 04:59 PM
SweetVirginia Sorry to see that SSC & AngieGirl....

25th June 2006 05:04 PM
Gazza Only 25 fouls in the entire game, but the referee still manages to show a World Cup record of 16 yellow cards and four reds.

What a wanker.

It wasnt THAT much of a dirty game - lots of overreacting on both sides.

Thank fuck it didnt go to extra time and penalties. There wouldnt have been enough players left to take them.

bad luck, Holland
[Edited by Gazza]
25th June 2006 05:06 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Only 25 fouls in the entire game, but the referee still manages to show a World Cup record of 16 yellow cards and four reds.

What a wanker.

It wasnt THAT much of a dirty game - lots of overreacting on both sides.

Thank fuck it didnt go to extra time and penalties. There wouldnt have been enough players left to take them.

bad luck, Holland
[Edited by Gazza]

He shall not be greeted!
25th June 2006 05:08 PM
caro I would have loved to see the Dutch play some more games, sorry...
This being said, I'm looking forward to the post-game comments from players&coaches, should be epic!
25th June 2006 05:10 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Man that referee was a fool. Not that it is his fault we lost, not at all. But at this level these kinda fools should not be allowed anywhere near a soccer field.
25th June 2006 05:11 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Thank fuck it didnt go to extra time and penalties. There
wouldnt have been enough players left to take them.

Lol, true that!

Oh well, I had already mentally prepeared myself for a continuation of the World Cup without Holland. It's too bad though, my little stuffed orange lion is depressed now....
25th June 2006 05:12 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
Man that referee was a fool. Not that it is his fault we lost, not at all. But at this level these kinda fools should not be allowed anywhere near a soccer field.

Well, it was both sides remember, egos all over the place.
25th June 2006 05:13 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I will withdraw my 'support' if you keep that shit up. (I might even withdraw that Twickenham ticket as well!)

A country of our size doesnt ever 'expect' to be there. YOU 'expect' to win the fucking thing.

We won our 'final' in September. Maybe you can win yours in two weeks time...

Gazza!

I wasn’t having a dig at Northern Ireland not being there! If he had said "congratulations Scot Rocks", he'd have got the exact same reply. I was merely making the point that just because were all in the UK, we don't really support each other’s nations.
25th June 2006 05:16 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Well, it was both sides remember, egos all over the place.

Nevertheless, 16 yellow and 4 reds and fighting all over the place...

The fight will go on however...
25th June 2006 05:40 PM
Ern Both teams didn't deserve this referee!!!
As for Figo, you make me laugh!!! That twat that injured Ronaldo should have been sent off in the first place!!!
You played twice with one more man and you're still moaning! Get real!!!
England is the next to fall!!!
PORTUGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Edited by Ern]
25th June 2006 05:42 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Would it be possible to nuke Portugal?
25th June 2006 05:42 PM
TornAndFrayed Pretty crazy match. Holland were the better team and would have deserved to win. And Figo is a dirty bastard.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)