ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image for more information
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Official ROCKS OFF World Cup Thread VOL. II Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
1st July 2006 02:44 PM
charlotte did anyone see Mick? ABC showed him...
1st July 2006 02:50 PM
Gazza
quote:
charlotte wrote:
did anyone see Mick? ABC showed him...

I didnt personally, although some folks saw him a few times. The TV feed comes from German TV, so all countries get the same pictures

The BBC commentator mentioned during extra time that he was there and also that he'd seen him at England games overseas before (the obvious one being the game v Argentina in the '98 tournament in France - which, coincidentally England also lost on penalties after having their up and coming superstar from Manchester United sent off - Beckham then, Rooney now. Cue 'Twilight Zone' music...)

More here - plus pics :

http://www.novogate.com/board/968/226629-1.html
[Edited by Gazza]
1st July 2006 03:24 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
caro wrote:

Lol! Voodoo always finds a way to be on the winners'

LOL... you got it!

I love ya, will ya?
1st July 2006 03:53 PM
Gazza
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:

Sven-Göran Eriksson the worst manager in the history of English football, who had the best squad of players since 1970, WHAT A WANKER

for what its worth, Graham Taylor was much more inept IMO, but considering the individual talent at Eriksson's disposal, his level of under-achievement is criminal. Not helped by some head-scratching selections for his squad for this tourmanent
1st July 2006 04:54 PM
Madafaka
quote:
tumbling dice wrote:

`´Don´t cry for me Argentina´´.BRAZIL 5 times world champion!! and the last american team in World cup.Tomorow we will prove again,on with the show...

Hum... I think I was watching another tv channel
1st July 2006 04:56 PM
Madafaka
quote:
jtorquetti wrote:
Bye bye hermanos!!
Hasta 2010!!!

Bye Pentacampeao!
1st July 2006 04:57 PM
Gazza

With the possible exception of Bob Dylan's "Time out of mind", Zidane's return after being written off is the greatest comeback since Lazarus.

What a fucking masterclass from the Picasso of football. May he play forever.

Fantastic game. Allez les bleus

[Edited by Gazza]
1st July 2006 04:58 PM
Madafaka JU: Congrats! I'm really happy for you. Excellent match
1st July 2006 05:02 PM
J.J.Flash Congratulations Julian and all the French people here. Once again, you proved that being the best team, full of the best players in the World don't mean anything. Ronaldinho Gaucho for instance was named two times in a a row the best football player in the fuckin' World. Sadly, in the World Cup he barely showed 10% of it. Fuck you bunch of wankers, fuck you.

Again, I must salute you French who once again with no brilliantsm and playing it as simple as it gets, PLUCKED us big time.

Also, I must greet my argentinean friends. With the exception of two games I think, you played far better than us.
[Editer for correction of mispelling]

We got fucked in the ass big time.... Our fuckin' coach, what a wanker, should have made the replacements earlier (see Robinho and Cicinho).

Fuck fuck fuck. Again, I got no satisfaction. I even got to do extra work now to earn lousy extra money to be alive. Fuck. Back to work.
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
1st July 2006 05:10 PM
Rick56 Well done France

Typical England couldn't score in a brothel

Lampard and Gerard are total w...k..s
1st July 2006 05:50 PM
Still A Fool France: Jogo Bonito.
Brazil: Biggest Lie.

Now you can go home to dance a happy samba.
1st July 2006 06:22 PM
Soldatti Long life to Zidane, an artist and the best player in the last 20 years. France played the best football game of this entire and mediocre world cup, 3 out of 4 teams on the semi-finals are among the worst ever.
1st July 2006 07:23 PM
time is on my side With England and Brazil being eliminated, I have to admit our families interest in World Cup 2006 has taken a sudden nosedive.

England losing in a penalty shootout. What else is new??

Well, for one, the shocking play of Brazil. I thought players like Cafu, Kaka, and especially Ronaldinho were suppose to be some of the best playmakers in the world. We starting calling them the invisible ones as their presence was hardly noticed as France continued to dominate action during most of the game. All the action seemed to be taking place on the French side not the Brazilian side. When was the last time Ronaldinho has scored a goal for Brazil???

Perhaps, I'm being too harsh. Brazil just doesn't have a clue on how to score against France. Same thing happend in 1998. So I guess the real credit goes to the French defense.

Clearly the better team won today. Congratulations to France. Portugal too.

edited for spelling

[Edited by time is on my side]
1st July 2006 07:37 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
1st July 2006 07:42 PM
riffkeither France still the best team of this world cup, thanks to brazilians for their spirit , it was the same as a Finale for us .
Our french Old Papys looks like the Stones , they enjoy playing!!
I think it's the secret
1st July 2006 10:38 PM
Highwire Rob I tip my hat to France--What footwork and ENDURANCE!
So fun to watch.

But... "If you don't give my football back I'm gonna get my dad on you" [--Jim Noir]

[Edited by Highwire Rob]
1st July 2006 11:55 PM
ebmp What a fucking hummiliating game. I wouldnt be so pissed if Brazil had lost playing good football... The problem is they just fucking watched France and Zidane (what a player) play.

For God's sake it's the World Cup! You´re supposed to give your heart into it. instead, the Brazilian players just accepted the loss.

What a fucking sad day for the Brazilian football.

And fuck Roberto Carlos, Cafu and especially PARREIRA, fucking wanker
2nd July 2006 12:06 AM
Bruno
quote:
ebmp wrote:

For God's sake it's the World Cup! You´re supposed to give your heart into it. instead, the Brazilian players just accepted the loss.

What a fucking sad day for the Brazilian football.

And fuck Roberto Carlos, Cafu and especially PARREIRA, fucking wanker

What a bunch of old and lazy motherfuckers!

Parreira, go to hell!

Zidane is God! Did you see him putting the ball over Ronaldo The Fat?
2nd July 2006 12:27 AM
ebmp
quote:
Bruno wrote:

Zidane is God! Did you see him putting the ball over Ronaldo The Fat?

Zidane is impressive. He's such a class player, he makes it seem easy.

I'm really disappointed With Ronaldinho Gaucho. Really, really. But he doesnt have to prove nothing anymore. I still think he´s the best player since Pele and Maradona.
2nd July 2006 01:26 AM
sirmoonie The Hun must lose.

In my fucking free-world human dreams, they do. Reality is another deal.

Why the hell do they host the World Cup in countries that are powerfull in football? Football is a fucking notorious home field sport - look at all the World Cup winners, its pathetic howe easy it is to pick the winner. Home field wins, ALL the time.

Seriously, why not just hand Unified Nation of Deutschland/Germanaby the trophy now, who is going to be able to defeat that noise and the disgusting threats of German nationalism and violence on prominent display?

Nobody. So why even go on with this charade as to who "wins"?
2nd July 2006 03:01 AM
maumau I am very glad France won last night. at least that means football if not a science has at least some sense in itself
those who cry about how bad brazil played yesterday should consider more realistically that during this world cup the selecao has always played that bad. The only difference being that last night reality check in the form of a team that has some player able to score.
I am sorry to say that but if Croatia, Australia or Ghana had such a player Brazil would have been out much earlier.
Brazil, more than the team that lost against France is the team that has defended for 80 minutes inside its own box against Ghana. That's it.
2nd July 2006 05:48 AM
caro waaAAAAaaAaaaaaaaahhh!!
Funny how a streak of defeats against one team can affect players, the Brazilians almost seemed to expect a french victory... Sorry for all the Brazilians here, I would have loved a final involving your team.
Yesterday evening, in the streets of Paris, it looked like we'd won the final. When I walked home around 4AM, people were just starting to realize what had hit them:
"-We won!
-eurglllllmmmphhhwe won?
-Yeah we won!
-Oh! We WOOOOONNNNNN!!"
2nd July 2006 06:17 AM
jostorm Give me a fucking break, Sirmoonie!
Ze Var is over!!!!!!
This is just football, you freak!
And talking of "nationalism", I can't think of a country more nationalistic than the US of A. At least the Germans don't go around invading countries anymore..........

Deutschland, Deutschland, ueber Alles.........
2nd July 2006 06:31 AM
stewed & Keefed Brazil 0-1 France

Thierry Henry's superb volley sent holders Brazil out of the World Cup as France moved into the semi-finals.
Inspired by man-of-the-match Zinedine Zidane, France were the better side in the first half, but failed to create clear chances to trouble Dida.

That changed just before the hour when Zidane swept a free-kick to the far post where it was sumptuously volleyed past the Brazilian goalkeeper by Henry.

Fabien Barthez denied Ronaldo late on to set up a semi-final with Portugal.

Prior to that save Barthez had flapped on a couple of occasions, but it was a mark of Brazil's lacklustre play that Ronaldo's shot came in stoppage time.

Brazil had strolled their way to the quarter-finals, but Carlos Alberto Parriera's side had no answer to a France team that combined defensive discipline with some wonderful attacking play.

France's route to the last eight has involved plenty of huffing and puffing, but the knockout stages have brought out the best in Raymond Domenech's side.

Zidane was magnificent throughout, while after the interval the speed of Henry and Franck Ribery unsettled the Brazilian defence.

As early as the first minute Brazil were given a glimpse of what they were to experience for the remaining 89 minutes as Zidane glided away from a succession of Brazilian tackles as he executed a quick turn and that trademark stepover.

A Zidane flick that deceived Cafu was equally breathaking, while he held off and teased Kaka by juggling the ball.

Not to be outdone, Brazil's number 10 Ronaldinho deftly touched the ball into Ronaldo's path before the Brazilian striker was closed down by the French defence.

A Zidane free-kick set up France's best chance in the first half but Florent Malouda headed over.

A minute before the interval another piece of Zidane wizardry released Patrick Vieira, who was scythed down by Juan, who was booked.

Within a minute of the second half starting Vieira went close with a glancing header from a Zidane free-kick.

As the second half developed Henry began to come to the fore, first sprinting past Cafu, then troubling Lucio, before the Frenchman's backheel nearly released Vieira.

So often in their careers with France, Henry and Zidane have failed to quite click, but on 57 minutes they combined to devastating effect.

Zidane whipped in a free-kick to the far past that Henry spectacularly volleyed past Dida into the roof of the net.

Soon after the waspish Ribery nearly created a second goal for France when his penetrative cross was almost inadvertently turned into the Brazilian goal by defender Juan.

Ribery then almost latched on to a Henry pass, but Dida just got to the ball before the Marseille winger.

The win means France have beaten Brazil in three of their four World Cup encounters.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brazil: Dida, Cafu (Cicinho 76), Lucio, Juan, Carlos, Juninho (Adriano 63), Silva, Ze Roberto, Kaka (Robinho 79), Ronaldinho, Ronaldo.
Subs Not Used: Cris, Emerson, Fred, Gilberto, Julio Cesar, Luisao, Mineiro, Ricardinho, Rogerio.

Booked: Cafu, Juan, Ronaldo, Lucio.

France: Barthez, Sagnol, Thuram, Gallas, Abidal, Ribery (Govou 76), Makelele, Vieira, Zidane, Malouda (Wiltord 81), Henry (Saha 85).
Subs Not Used: Boumsong, Chimbonda, Coupet, Dhorasoo, Diarra, Givet, Landreau, Silvestre, Trezeguet.

Booked: Sagnol, Saha, Thuram.

Goals: Henry 57.

Att: 48,000.

2nd July 2006 06:32 AM
stewed & Keefed Beckham quits as England captain

David Beckham has decided to step down as England skipper
David Beckham has decided to step down as England captain after holding the role for six years.
But the Real Madrid star does want to to continue his international career.

Beckham revealed his decision at England's final press conference in Germany in the wake of their World Cup quarter-final defeat by Portugal.

The 31-year-old midfielder said: "I feel the time is right to pass on the armband as we enter a new era under new coach Steve McClaren."

2nd July 2006 07:05 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
JU: Congrats! I'm really happy for you. Excellent match

thanks Max, Jay and all the brazilians friends of RO for your fair play and nice messages!

I was in a bar watching the game with friends and I can tell you the country was really on fire!!
people were singing , dancing, playing football on the roads , I was also loaded like Lance Armstrong and it was great

We did a great tactic game, Zizou did one of his best game (have you seen his dribble at the 1st minute?? amazing!)but the key was the real solidarity between the 11 players on the field.

I d like to say thank you to our coach Raymond Domenech, who was the biggest piece of shit in the world before the cup for the journalists and people that we called here the Footix (those who never seen a game and are the first to
judge, as usual)

Ronaldhino and Kaka were really out yesterday, and where was the defense on Henry's goal??

to finish on this game:I can tell you that we got many respect for the Auriverde, the only team with 5 stars on his shirt.
You re still the kings of Football , but the magic of our favorite sport is that everything is possible on one game!
See ya in 2010.

back in the afternoon..I still don t have a fuckin clue about Ericksson's tactic (I prefer Nokia), those 5 midfields and Rooney to finish the job...very strange..
England looked petrified but the substitue with Lennon (a future great player) and the brave Crouch( another future great player) where good choices but too late.
Sorry for my English RO pals.
Gazza should have played with Scott Rocks, HTM , Zeeta and Stewed and Keefed

Portugal is a really annoying team, and IMHO they ll be a very difficult team on the road of Berlin.

to finish about Moonie hilarious comments: Don t read them if you find them stupid.
I do and everything 's ok

jU
2nd July 2006 07:23 AM
Dick Bush
These neat folks are breaking my heart in parts, holy shit, ITS NOTHING BUT A GAME.

2nd July 2006 07:27 AM
TornAndFrayed
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Give me a fucking break, Sirmoonie!
Ze Var is over!!!!!!
This is just football, you freak!

Don´t make the mistake and take sirmoonie´s clueless propaganda seriously. Ignore his posts.

Great match by France yesterday, a well deserved victory. I´m sorry Brazil is out but they were just too arrogant/lazy and have been defeated by one of the greatest players ever.
[Edited by TornAndFrayed]
2nd July 2006 10:16 AM
jostorm You're right, TornAndFrayed, but every now and then I can't ignore the totally ignorant political nonsense some people on this board post...

Yes, the French were fabulous! And the Brazilians very disappointing........

May the best team win !

PS: What I'd really like to know: Could it be that another factor in deciding to cut short the European leg of the Stones tour and to sodomize the European fans could have been Mick simply wanting to relax and watch the World Cup??? Sort of: "shame Keith fell off the palm tree, but actually, a break right now would be kinda nice..."???
2nd July 2006 10:28 AM
Dick Bush
quote:
jostorm wrote:
You're right, TornAndFrayed, but every now and then I can't ignore the totally ignorant political nonsense some people on this board post...

Yes, the French were fabulous! And the Brazilians very disappointing........

May the best team win !

PS: What I'd really like to know: Could it be that another factor in deciding to cut short the European leg of the Stones tour and to sodomize the European fans could have been Mick simply wanting to relax and watch the World Cup??? Sort of: "shame Keith fell off the palm tree, but actually, a break right now would be kinda nice..."???

Sirmoonies main trouble is not that he is having his breakfast in his restroom - he is wearing his laptop there too. That's why he is full of it, his keyboard is smeared and his posts have a very strange aroma.

You'd better not ignore him - give the attention whore little love he fully deserves.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)