ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image for more information
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Official ROCKS OFF World Cup Thread VOL. II Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
22nd June 2006 04:04 PM
Madafaka First part: http://www.novogate.com/board/968/223885-1.html

Welcome to the new one!

[Edited by Madafaka]
22nd June 2006 04:12 PM
Madafaka GOAL! Brazil 2 - Japan 1

Brazil is my second fav!
22nd June 2006 04:19 PM
Madafaka Another Brazilian goal... Something tell me that I'm talking alone...
22nd June 2006 04:22 PM
caro No, you're not talking alone but I decided to post only once every three goals during this match, cause I can't type fast enough
22nd June 2006 04:24 PM
Madafaka
quote:
caro wrote:
No, you're not talking alone but I decided to post only once every three goals during this match, cause I can't type fast enough

Hahaha! Good point!
22nd June 2006 04:29 PM
Angiegirl I'm here. As ususal. Where else would I be?

But I'm following Croatia-Australia. They have a Dutch coach you see

Although I'm flipping the channels occasionaly to see the other match with Brazil.
22nd June 2006 04:31 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Wow Brasil rules!

22nd June 2006 04:32 PM
Madafaka I'm working and can't watch anything on tv... Tonight I'll watch goals at the news.
Sad way of life, I need to be rich! (?)
22nd June 2006 04:38 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Well done Australia! Now is 2-2
22nd June 2006 04:40 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Don't f&/$( with Brazil, Japan scored first and that was enough to piss them off and now it's Brazil 4 - 1 Japan
22nd June 2006 04:41 PM
Madafaka Yes, Brazil is a great team! Jogo Bonito rulez!
22nd June 2006 04:41 PM
caro *blank stare*
An Argentina/Brazil final would be great!
22nd June 2006 04:53 PM
Angiegirl Whoohoo! Guus gets through!!! Yeah Aussies!
22nd June 2006 04:54 PM
caro LOL! 6 yellow cards & 2 red cards for the Croatians, that must be some kind of record.
(edit :oh no, actually,the 2 red cards were just theoretic. Still sounds like a chaotic end of game!)
[Edited by caro]
22nd June 2006 04:57 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
caro wrote:
Still sounds like a chaotic end of game!

It was! But hey, it was worth it, lol!
22nd June 2006 05:01 PM
J.J.Flash Showtime is over.......
22nd June 2006 05:02 PM
J.J.Flash .... until next thursday!!!!!

Tee Hee!
22nd June 2006 05:19 PM
jtorquetti 4 - 1

And now, to Brazil, the cup really began!...
22nd June 2006 05:24 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
.... until next thursday!!!!!

Tee Hee!

Sorry, I meant tuesday...
22nd June 2006 05:55 PM
albert Congratulations to all the Aussies!!

Holland discovered Australia and now Holland teached the 'Socceroos' how to play soccer!!

Viva Guus...........

gr,
Albert
Holland
22nd June 2006 06:32 PM
Madafaka
quote:
caro wrote:
*blank stare*
An Argentina/Brazil final would be great!

Yeah, that's the South American dream!
22nd June 2006 06:45 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

Yeah, that's the South American dream!

And it's possible based on the paths to the final match... WHat a pity Mexico is in between LOL (just joking I bet Argentina will beat Mexico this Saturday)
22nd June 2006 07:16 PM
Madafaka
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
And it's possible based on the paths to the final match... WHat a pity Mexico is in between LOL (just joking I bet Argentina will beat Mexico this Saturday)

Seriously, I don't know Voodoo! It's a difficult game!
22nd June 2006 07:18 PM
time is on my side US loses to Ghana 2-1.

While some may question the penalty kick (seemed like a bad call), I say the US loss to a better, more deserving team.
Congratulations to Ghana.

Interesting day in World Cup action with Italy, Ghana, and the Aussies moving on the round of 16. It seems the Czechs showed nothing after their 3-0 defeat of US getting blown out in two subsequent games.

Brazil 4-1. Perhaps the opponent defenses are not up to World Cup standards (didn't the same opponent give up three goals to Australia???) but never the less an impressive victory. Ronaldo scores two goals and passes Pele on the all time goal scoring list for World Cup action. He's now tied with a German (Muller)at 14 goals all time. The next goal Ronaldo scores makes him the all time scoring king in World Cup play. Congrats to Ronaldo. Quite impressive.
[Edited by time is on my side]
22nd June 2006 07:26 PM
Gazza ah... "Der Bomber" !

Gerd Muller was the greatest goalscorer I've ever seen (and my favourite player as a kid) - plus his 14 goals came in just two tournaments, to Ronaldo's three. What a player he was.

however, as a fan of Ronaldo its great to see him a bit more like his old self today..he's still a shadow of what he used to be, but that last goal was a delight

Great game - really enjoyed it. Well done to the Aussies too. Delighted they got through

[Edited by Gazza]
22nd June 2006 07:34 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Seriously, I don't know Voodoo! It's a difficult game!

Bases on statistics Argentina is favourite, but check last years international tournaments:

Last time it was a tie (1-1) between Argentina and Mexico in the semifinal of FIFA's Confederation Cup in Germany, unfortunately we lost, as usual, in penalties., and it was last year in Hannover!!

Also our local team Guadalajara won against Boca Junior in the "Copa Libertadores" tournament again it was last year.

So, I'm going to go to the nearest voodoo lounge and made some voodoo magic to win this time
22nd June 2006 07:39 PM
stewed & Keefed Croatia 2-2 Australia

Harry Kewell's late strike sent Australia through to the second round after a thrilling Group F decider.
Darijo Srna's precise free-kick gave Croatia an early lead.

Australia were level through Craig Moore's penalty after Stjepan Tomas handled a cross, but Croatia hit back through Nico Kovac's bobbling drive.

Kewell was on hand to fire home from close range to send the Socceroos through, while Dario Simic, Brett Emerton and Josip Simunic all saw red.

Australia's draw sets up a second-round clash with Group E winners Italy as Japan failed to overhaul group winners Brazil.

The Socceroos surprisingly opted to leave out first-choice goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer in favour of the taller Zeljko Kalac.

And the replacement keeper's first touch was to pick the ball out of the net after Srna's bending set piece caught him out.

Mark Viduka's mistimed lunge on Nico Kovac on the edge of the area brought about the free-kick and Srna sweetly dispatched Croatia's first goal of the tournament.

Nico Kovac reacts to Croatia's exit from the World Cup

But far from being rocked by the early setback, the Australians pressed forward and took control of possession.

And Viduka almost made up for his error when he burst through on goal, but he was left fuming when Josip Simunic appeared to have wrestled the Middlesbrough striker to the ground.

Kewell and Tim Cahill both went close with long-range efforts as the Socceroos camped inside the Croatian half.

And they were rewarded for their endeavour on 38 minutes when Tomas' moment of madness handed Australia a penalty.

Tomas rose to deal with an in-swinging cross and his outstretched arm just clipped the ball which was cleverly spotted by English referee Graham Poll.

Newcastle defender Moore stepped up to coolly slot home the resulting spot-kick.

Dado Prso wasted a decent chance to put Croatia back ahead but blasted over a close-range effort, and it was the Aussies who would have been the most satisfied going in level at the break.

Ten minutes after the interval Australia returned the favour for Tomas' earlier kindness when the unimpressive Kalac misread Kovac's tame drive, allowing the ball to hop over him into his net.

Graham Poll sends off Josip Simunic after the full-time whistle

With Australia streaming forward for the vital equaliser the game became stretched and Kewell took advantage of some space, forcing an instinctive reflex save from Stipe Pletikosa.

And moments later the keeper bravely threw himself underneath two Australian challenges to heroically keep Aloisi out.

But he was helpless to prevent the Australia equaliser as Kewell, who looked to be in an offside position, turned home John Aloisi's flick from Marco Bresciano's in-swinging cross.

Simic and Emerton were both dismissed for two bookable offences in the final 10 minutes, while Simunic, who received a second caution, was mistakenly not shown a red by referee Poll.

To add to the drama, Cahill had a goal disallowed as Poll had already blown for full time and as Simunic complained, the referee handed him his third yellow of the match and an overdue red card.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Croatia: Pletikosa, Simic, Tudor, Tomas (Klasnic 84), Simunic, Srna, Nico Kovac, Babic, Kranjcar (Jerko Leko 65), Prso, Olic (Modric 73).
Subs Not Used: Balaban, Bosnjak, Butina, Didulica, Ivan Leko, Seric, Tokic, Vranjes.

Sent Off: Simic (85), Simunic (90).

Booked: Simic, Tudor, Simunic, Pletikosa.

Goals: Srna 3, Nico Kovac 56.

Australia: Kalac, Neill, Moore, Chipperfield (Kennedy 75), Emerton, Grella (Aloisi 63), Culina, Cahill, Sterjovski (Bresciano 71), Kewell, Viduka.
Subs Not Used: Beauchamp, Covic, Lazaridis, Milligan, Popovic, Schwarzer, Skoko, Thompson, Wilkshire.

Sent Off: Emerton (87).

Booked: Emerton.

Goals: Moore 39 pen, Kewell 79.

Att: 52,000

Ref: Graham Poll (England).

22nd June 2006 07:41 PM
stewed & Keefed Japan 1-4 Brazil

Ronaldo moved two clear of Pele's World Cup finals tally
Brazil striker Ronaldo became the joint highest scorer in World Cup history as he scored twice against Japan.
The 29-year-old headed in an equaliser before half-time to go past Pele and then curled in his 14th finals goal at the end to go level with Gerd Muller.

Japan went ahead through Keiji Tamada's left-foot drive but Brazil took control through Ronaldo, Juninho Pernambucano's 30-yarder and Gilberto's sweet strike.

Ronaldo wrapped it up and the Group F winners now play Ghana in the last 16.

In the process, Brazil made it 10 consecutive wins at World Cup finals and they finally produced the sort of free-flowing football their fans have been waiting for.

They went into the game under a different sort of pressure - they had already qualified but had come under heavy criticism for a lack of flair in their performances.

No-one had suffered more than Ronaldo. Branded overweight and unfit, the top scorer at the 2002 World Cup was perhaps only one game away from being dropped.

He needed a goal and nearly got it straight away, producing a trademark shimmy to create space - only to see Yoshikatsu Kawaguchi make a fine save.

Kawaguchi was in for a busy night. Twice Robinho tested him, once with a left-foot snap-shot, then with a curler after a majestically mazy run.

He pulled off a blinder to deny Ronaldo and then made the save of the tournament to almost unbelievably tip over a thunderous Juninho drive from 20 yards.

Just when it seemed a matter of time until Brazil scored, they were hit by a brilliant Japan counter-attack.

Alex found some space on the left and slipped in a lovely ball to Tamada, who took a touch and hammered a stunning left-footer into the top corner of Dida's net.

But, with almost the last touch of the half, Ronaldo buried his demons, heading in from close-range after Cicinho nodded Ronaldinho's centre back across goal.
Ronaldo heads past Kawaguchi to equalise for Brazil
He should have scored again just after the break following an exquisite one-two with Ronaldinho on the edge of the area but could only guide a right-foot shot inches wide from 16 yards.

It did not take Brazil much longer to go ahead and it was a horror moment for the previously outstanding Kawaguchi.

Juninho hit a hopeful shot from 30 yards that swung and dipped and deceived Kawaguchi as it went through the stopper's attempted save.

It was party time for the Brazilians and they wrapped up the points when Ronaldinho fed Gilberto and the 30-year-old skilfully drilled home a left-foot shot from a tight angle.

Ronaldo was not finished yet though - and he saved the best until last in Dortmund.

Taking a pass from Robinho, he superbly manoeuvred some space before side-footing brilliantly into the far corner from outside the area.

Brazil, and their star striker, have finally arrived at the 2006 World Cup.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Japan: Kawaguchi, Santos, Tsuboi, Kaji, Nakazawa, Hidetoshi Nakata, Ogasawara (Koji Nakata 56), Nakamura, Inamoto, Maki (Takahara 60), Tamada, Takahara (Oguro 66).
Subs Not Used: Doi, Endo, Fukunishi, Komano, Moniwa, Narazaki, Ono, Yanagisawa.

Booked: Kaji.

Goals: Tamada 33.

Brazil: Dida (Rogerio 82), Lucio, Juan, Cicinho, Gilberto, Kaka (Ze Roberto 71), Ronaldinho (Ricardinho 71), Silva, Juninho, Ronaldo, Robinho.
Subs Not Used: Adriano, Cafu, Carlos, Cris, Emerson, Fred, Julio Cesar, Luisao, Mineiro.

Booked: Gilberto.

Goals: Ronaldo 45, Juninho 53, Gilberto 59, Ronaldo 81.

Att: 65,000.

Ref: Eric Poulat (France).

22nd June 2006 07:44 PM
Madafaka
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Bases on statistics Argentina is favourite, but check last years international tournaments:

Last time it was a tie (1-1) between Argentina and Mexico in the semifinal of FIFA's Confederation Cup in Germany, unfortunately we lost, as usual, in penalties., and it was last year in Hannover!!

Also our local team Guadalajara won against Boca Junior in the "Copa Libertadores" tournament again it was last year.

So, I'm going to go to the nearest voodoo lounge and made some voodoo magic to win this time

Please, please, please! DON'T compare Argentinian Team to Boca Juniors. I hate those guys!
River Plate is the best Argentinian team. If don't, why Stones play always in their Stadium?

22nd June 2006 07:48 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
ah... "Der Bomber" !

Gerd Muller was the greatest goalscorer

I saw Gerd Muller in the 1970 world cup in Mexico in one of the best matches I have ever seen, Italy - Germany in semifinals! That's football babies. Franz Beckenbauer was playing with his hand damaged, it was a not a match of win or lose, it was live or die, it was histerical, eternal!!

Gerd Muller was the greatest goalscorer in that tournament
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)