ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Oh what the hell... Drinking thread pt 9. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
March 4th, 2005 01:28 AM
beer you mess with The Bull, you'll get the horns...

%
March 4th, 2005 02:02 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
beer wrote:
you mess with The Bull, you'll get the horns...

%

beersker

gonna fuck my barbie doll nd rock my single wide into a double wide

lets rock some "every mothers son"

skynyd

[Edited by Bloozehound]
March 4th, 2005 02:38 AM
beer well Bloozey, i'd love to hear some skynyrd, but i've only got the Ramones right now. i know ya hate punk , but you can make an exeption, right?
March 4th, 2005 03:01 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
beer wrote:
well Bloozey, i'd love to hear some skynyrd, but i've only got the Ramones right now. i know ya hate punk , but you can make an exeption, right?

nuttin wrong with punk rock per se , just the average punk rockers attitude, crank those ramones beerdidi, i like some ramones myself, i know punk like the back side of my hand
i prefer old skool hardcore shit like, gg allin, black flag circle jreks, i'll never forget seeing the ministry in san antone on the mind is a terrible thing to taste tour, second ot seein the stones vl tour

i remember someshit hittin gibby haynes of the butthoole surfers in the face with a set of car keys and he called us all texas white trash motherfuckers, he was pissed and bleedin, ha!

i remember when janes addiction, h. rollins and other sst artists, sonic youth ect... signed major labels, the big 90's sell outs

still dig black flag, keith morris era, and i love the cramps

i still got a bad ass picture disc of "date from elvis" that i treasure

[Edited by Bloozehound]
March 4th, 2005 05:56 AM
egon friday 11.57 am.

hmmmm....., I wonder what's in the office fridge?
March 4th, 2005 05:57 AM
egon oh my,

little green bottles!
March 4th, 2005 06:44 AM
LadyJane egon...you have taken the lead in the post counts for this thread! I'm very proud of you!!

I will toast you once Fryday night drinking begins!!

LJ.
March 4th, 2005 08:28 AM
nankerphelge Y'all might like this story from Tuesday night:

So, your poor, long-suffering nanky, lawyer to the stars, was slaving away in his tiny DC office on Tuesday trying to put the finishing touches on a couple of briefs. And by the end of the day, my friends, I was parched!

Parched I tell you!
Damn near dehydrated!

Fortunately, my firm was hosting a nice happy hour that night and I decided to head down to the festivities and slug a few Heinekens before heading home.

Well, they tasted especially good so I figured I head to my favorite watering hole for a couple of Brown Ales. So I get there and I find a couple of my good friends already sitting at the end of the bar and we start hoisting a few.

At Brownie # 1 I noticed this woman sitting with some friends at a table near the bar. They are all drinking wine and laughing and having a time and I smiled nicely and then returned to my drinking.

During Brownie #2 I noticed that the woman had now stood up and was talking to another group of people at the other end of the bar. They all seemed to know each other and she was showing them what appeared to be a shoebox or something. I smiled nicely and continued my drinking.

By Brownie #3, Mr. Mouth was now in full force! I was carrying on and the nankiness was starting to exude from me. The woman sensed it and moved closer along the bar, talking to people along the way, but clearly moving further down my direction.

Then she parks herself between me and the guy next to me, and she places this small shoebox on the bar. On the shoebox is a picture of a black dog -- looked like a lab. The dog was pictured laying on a couch, with his head laying on the arm rest with a sad look in his eyes. Normal humans would have been touched by the picture. Along the top of the box is a plea for help "please donate to help Sparky get hip replacement surgery"

Awwwwww, Sparky!!

So the lady says to me, "would you like to make a donation?"

I says "no, I wouldn't"

She says, "what? not a dog person"

"No, I'm a dog person just fine..." I said, "is this your dog?"

"No" she says, "it is a friend's dog"

"Well" said I, "I mean, how do I know this dog is even alive? You know? How do I know you aren't just using this as a ploy to get beer money"

I don't think I can quite describe the look I got.
Her eyes went so wide, that I could actually see her entire eyeballs just filling up with blood!

Figuring I had already pushed the button and was close to an eruption, I tried to diffuse the situation with humor:

"Why not just get an old tricycle and stick the dog's ass on it and let him roll hisself around?"

With that, she turned abruptly and left the vicinity, getting madder (and louder I might add) as she walked away.
She went back to the other end of the bar telling her friends about the "asshole" at the end of the bar. After they all looked down at me, I felt the need to confirm her story to them:

"Set Sparky's ass on a damn skateboard" I yelled down the bar!

With that she paid her tab, took her shoebox and stormed out of the bar!!

nankerphelge -- winning over new friends, one person at a time...
[Edited by nankerphelge]
March 4th, 2005 09:51 AM
egon and then you got another round in i assume?
March 4th, 2005 10:11 AM
egon
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
egon...you have taken the lead in the post counts for this thread! I'm very proud of you!!
LJ.

Just trying to give back to this community which has given me so much.
March 4th, 2005 11:45 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Poor Sparkey. I didn't know they would give animals hip replacement surgery, but I guess they can and I'll bet it ain't cheap.
March 4th, 2005 01:42 PM
Madafaka I'm back from Brazil. Countless capirinhas! I think I'm still drunk
March 4th, 2005 06:50 PM
sirmoonie Colleagues:

Have any of you tried these newfangled caffeine beers yet?

Regards,

sirmoonie
March 5th, 2005 12:57 AM
Bloozehound >Have any of you tried these newfangled caffeine beers yet?

nadda, tasty? make ya break out in a cold sweat? what's the skinny on them, moonie
March 5th, 2005 07:22 AM
stewed & Keefed Try this,and you won't drink any other scotch.

March 5th, 2005 04:45 PM
Taptrick
For the beer drinkers, BeerAdvocate.com

http://beeradvocate.com/

great site with events, discussion, and opinions.

[Edited by Taptrick]
March 5th, 2005 05:10 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
>Have any of you tried these newfangled caffeine beers yet?

nadda, tasty? make ya break out in a cold sweat? what's the skinny on them, moonie

Dunno, haven't tried.

Seems like another gimmick being foisted upon the true American public by the elite Caffeine media.
March 5th, 2005 05:55 PM
Taptrick
Caffeine beers:

I tried "B To The E" last night. I liked it. Similar to Red Bull but hardly a beer experience. The beer lover will probably be upset about it pulling shelf space from a real beer.
March 6th, 2005 04:31 AM
egon had me one of those bottles of rose wine last night.
mighty fine!
March 6th, 2005 08:28 AM
stewed & Keefed Bishop's Finger.....a great ale
March 6th, 2005 11:20 AM
Bloozehound went to a Benihanas last night, got a lil wacky on saki and Sapporo's
March 6th, 2005 03:49 PM
egon had me one of those bottles of rose wine this afternoon.
mighty fine!
March 7th, 2005 02:58 AM
glencar 7 or 8 Guinesses. Wow, that's good stuff.
March 7th, 2005 05:13 AM
Poplar
2 Sierra
1 Glass Merlot
1 Local Brewpub IPA
1 Kamakasi (sp?)
2 Saphire & Tonic
1 Local Brewpub IPA

bout ready for bed.
March 7th, 2005 12:09 PM
egon monday & i got the alcohol blues.
i'm gonna lay 'low' for the rest of the week.
March 7th, 2005 12:47 PM
Bloozehound anyone know how to make a drink called a "royal fuck"

I had a few of shots of this at a bar last week, pretty damn tasty (InMyRoyalFuckinOpinion)
March 8th, 2005 09:13 AM
nankerphelge SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic — One person is dead and three are gravely ill following a tequila drinking competition (search) in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.

The winner of the contest died. Officials say Ricardo Ivan Garcia — who was 21 — drank more than 50 shots of tequila Sunday night at a disco. The prize was ten-thousand pesos — about 330 dollars.

A prosecutor says the man died of apparent heart failure brought on by alcohol poisoning (search).

Three other contestants remain in serious condition in the hospital.

March 9th, 2005 01:25 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

Three other contestants remain in serious condition in the hospital.

LOL!

damn!

1 casulty and put another 3 in the hospital, that's some serious ass drinkin contest!

Where the hell can I sign up!?

salut!

[Edited by Bloozehound]
March 10th, 2005 02:05 PM
egon Half way page 2...................?

Tonight..... I DRINK!
March 10th, 2005 02:18 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
egon wrote:
Half way page 2...................?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)