ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Oh what the hell... Drinking thread pt 9. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
February 9th, 2005 08:08 PM
LadyJane In honor of egon, I will bump this to the top of the page and commence with evening cocktails!!!

LJ.
February 10th, 2005 07:40 AM
egon only one more day in hell before go.

hmmmm...., shall i start drinking in the car?
February 10th, 2005 07:43 AM
LadyJane Not if you are driving!!

egon, you are a bright light around here these days!

Have fun on your trip!!

LJ.
February 10th, 2005 07:48 AM
egon LJ,

thank you.

and don't worry; i think i'll log on from time to time,
just to update you how good the heineken tastes and how wonderful it is not to be working.

Purely as "information" of course! :-)
February 10th, 2005 04:44 PM
sirmoonie Ever get so drunk that you found yourself practicing Shariah?

Me neither.
February 10th, 2005 08:45 PM
LadyJane Four day weekend is upon me. Hmmmmm...what to drink tonight?

I think Bourbon and Coke is in order.

Cheers!

LJ.
February 11th, 2005 06:54 AM
egon almost time to hit the road.

for safety reason i will only start drinking the last 100kms. so i'll have approx 1 hour, means 4/5 bottles, which is perfect to get me into the mood for the bar.

Remember kids; don't try this at home.... try it in the car.

note to self: eat.
February 11th, 2005 10:26 AM
sirmoonie Rough week at work. They found out I wasn't attending the goddam counseling sessions that the mediator ordered last fall. So yesterday, they tell me and my shop steward we have to have a sit-down with goddam Human Resources at 7 freakin A.M.! Who gets to work at that un-fucking-godly time of the day?!?!

Anyway, I missed the goddamn sit-down because I couldn't remember which goddam bar I left my car at the night before. And, of course, you can't call bars where I live at 6:30 A.M. and ask if they see a lime green AMC Pacer out front, because the goddam commie government won't let them open in the morning. I found myself in one of them proverbial "damned if you do, damned if you don't" type alleged sitches.

Anyway, at least I have some good weekend style boozing to put this travesty of humanical justice behind me. Upwards and onwards, I always say!

Huck! Huck!
Gulf of Tonkin!
Me be drinking!
Honks be honkin!
February 12th, 2005 10:18 PM
LadyJane Moonie...in your honor I will be toasting the memory of the late, great Princess Diana. She was one of my heroes.

I know, I know....thank me later!!!

HeHeHeHe

LJ.
February 12th, 2005 10:42 PM
Nellcote Sir Moonie-a '76 Pacer!
You are a man after my haaht! Weused to race the wind in one of those, they were THE most wicked pissa of cahs.
We'd get that mutha up to 70 in a haahtbeat.
Chicks dug 'em. Could hold many cases of Maximus Supa in that trunk..
We even took out an 10 inch oak tree head-on, and drove away..
WHY CAN'T THEY MAKE CAHS LIKE THAT ANY MORE????
February 12th, 2005 11:14 PM
sirmoonie Look, I'm kinda drunk right now. So don't fuck with me. Did Di really die in a '76 Pacer? I'm warning you right now, I Googled "Die You Pacer Bitch" and every hit led back here to RO.

There is no proof un-Googled-wise.

Fuck it. The night is nigh. And nigh is young.

Bow shah lay. Thats what the dude at the liquor store told me I was buying a crate of. I said "Dude, does this do The Mess?"

He said "Bow shah lay, dude. Bow shah fucking lay, like a muthafucker."

So I bought it.

"Hit me, hit hit me Bloozie!"
February 13th, 2005 01:25 AM
Bloozehound I'm havin troubles pickin out a drinkin song fo to night, It's Saturday Night, the jukes open moon, whats it gonna be?

pick a wicka pissa !
February 13th, 2005 02:07 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
I'm havin troubles pickin out a drinkin song fo to night, It's Saturday Night, the jukes open moon, whats it gonna be?

pick a wicka pissa !

Any song on Tattoo You is drink worthy.

Specially side twang, take 7.

Bloozie, I saw the Stones do Worried About You in the Astoria in 2003. I love rock and roll. That was one fine moment. Holy Jesus was that fine.
February 14th, 2005 10:31 AM
nankerphelge Yesterday's take:

3 Newcastles with lunch
2 Heinekens at home in the afternoon
1 bottle of Merlot with dinner
0 hangover this morning

February 14th, 2005 11:19 AM
gypsy
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Yesterday's take:

3 Newcastles with lunch
2 Heinekens at home in the afternoon
1 bottle of Merlot with dinner
0 hangover this morning

That's cool, nanky.
Can we take alcoholic beverages into Howe Caverns?
February 15th, 2005 04:48 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Out grocery shopping today I espied a sign in the store that said "beer....$1.90 a six pack"......so I looked down and saw it was Keysone Lite....needless to say I kept on walking.
February 16th, 2005 11:16 AM
Ten Thousand Motels ADRIAN, Mich. Feb 15, 2005 — A woman who pleaded guilty to driving while drunk on three glasses of Listerine was sentenced Tuesday to two years of probation.

Officials suspected Carol Ries, 50, was intoxicated after she rear-ended another vehicle at a red light in January. Police found a bottle of the mouthwash in her car.

She passed one breath test, but failed another that used different equipment. Her blood alcohol level was .30 percent, more than three times the legal limit.

According to Listerine manufacturer Pfizer Inc.'s Web site, original formula Listerine contains 26.9 percent alcohol, more than four times that of many malt liquors, while other varieties contain 21.6 percent alcohol.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
February 16th, 2005 11:30 AM
Bizarro JB I like you Gypsy, and I know you run hot and cold regarding my posts....but overall, for a hot looking chick, you have a good sense of humor.....
February 17th, 2005 11:45 AM
Ten Thousand Motels This thread is dying. I hope the drunks aren't in rehab, but I guess that's what happens when it all gets down to drinking Listerine and Keystone beer. But it could be worse, it all could have devolved into cannibalism...although I don't know what's worse morally, cannibalism or Keystone beer.
February 17th, 2005 12:38 PM
LadyJane Oh no....no rehab for me. I'm hungover. Why? Rookie mistake. Drank on an empty stomach last night. I'm paying now!!!

LJ.
February 17th, 2005 02:54 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
This thread is dying. I hope the drunks aren't in rehab, but I guess that's what happens when it all gets down to drinking Listerine and Keystone beer. But it could be worse, it all could have devolved into cannibalism...although I don't know what's worse morally, cannibalism or Keystone beer.

This thread will never die. Its the sine qua non, ya biscuit-built chimpanzee!

I hope you all enjoyed the 60th anniversary of the bombing of Dresden a few days back. I was tied up all day and couldn't join the merriment and festivities.

I'll make up for it this weekend, though. Mongo!
February 17th, 2005 02:58 PM
SheRat I had to drink a Hakke Beck last night, and let me tell you, my fellow drunks, it was pure torture.

I do only so that first sip will be that much closer to heaven.

Ahhhh, Beam.

[Edited by SheRat]
February 17th, 2005 04:03 PM
sirmoonie Alcohol - God's key to the Leviathan within all of us.
February 17th, 2005 08:56 PM
Ten Thousand Motels NBA Issues New Security Guidelines

DENVER (AP) - The NBA issued standard security guidelines Thursday for all its arenas in an attempt to prevent another brawl between players and fans.

The directives cover security officers, alcohol sales and fan behavior and apply to all NBA games - starting with Sunday's All Star game in Denver.

Fans and players fought during a game between Detroit and Indiana in November, with players going into the stands after a fan threw a full cup of beer at the Pacers' Ron Artest.

The guidelines ban alcohol sales after the beginning of the fourth quarter, limit the size of drinks to 24 ounces and limit buyers to two drinks per purchase. They also require designated driver programs at each arena.
February 17th, 2005 11:32 PM
sirmoonie I don't get it. Ron Artest sucks down a couple forties in the locker room, has a bad game, and decides to kill whitey in a drunken rage.

Now beer sales are banned?

WTF?

Typical liberal government logic. Under-reaction and over-regulation.

Those who say the commie menace is over are just fooling themselves.

Its a war.
February 18th, 2005 05:57 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Strip club artfully slips by anti-nudity law

BOISE, Idaho (Reuters) - A strip club in Boise, Idaho has found an artful way to prance past a city law that prohibits full nudity.

On what it calls Art Club Nights, the Erotic City strip club charges customers $15 (8 pounds) for a sketch pad, pencil, and a chance to see completely naked women dancers.

In 2001 the Boise City Council passed an ordinance banning total nudity in public unless it had "serious artistic merit" -- an exemption meant to apply to plays, dance performances and art classes.

"We have a lot of people drawing some very good pictures," said Erotic City owner Chris Teague, who has posted many of the drawings around the club.

Teague said he got the idea when a customer asked if he could get in for free to sketch the dancers. Realizing that "art classes" were exempt from the law, Teague decided to bill Mondays and Tuesdays as art nights, and let the dancers go without their G-strings and pasties.

In the two months since they began, Art Club Nights have drawn full crowds of 60 people but no police citations, he said.
February 18th, 2005 12:26 PM
sirmoonie Thanks Mote-biff.

Even in the face of overwhelming liberal tyranny, the groin of true men will find freedom.

Freedom is never free. Thats why its called freeDOM.

Freedom am won with liberty. And god.
February 18th, 2005 12:30 PM
Zeeta Guiness originals x6
Bottle of Red x1
3/4 White x1

Then go out and do some real drinkin!

Pintage x?

Burger on way home x1

!!
February 18th, 2005 01:29 PM
SheRat
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Strip club artfully slips by anti-nudity law

BOISE, Idaho (Reuters) - A strip club in Boise, Idaho has found an artful way to prance past a city law that prohibits full nudity.

On what it calls Art Club Nights, the Erotic City strip club charges customers $15 (8 pounds) for a sketch pad, pencil, and a chance to see completely naked women dancers.

In 2001 the Boise City Council passed an ordinance banning total nudity in public unless it had "serious artistic merit" -- an exemption meant to apply to plays, dance performances and art classes.

"We have a lot of people drawing some very good pictures," said Erotic City owner Chris Teague, who has posted many of the drawings around the club.

Teague said he got the idea when a customer asked if he could get in for free to sketch the dancers. Realizing that "art classes" were exempt from the law, Teague decided to bill Mondays and Tuesdays as art nights, and let the dancers go without their G-strings and pasties.

In the two months since they began, Art Club Nights have drawn full crowds of 60 people but no police citations, he said.

That is fuckin' hot.
February 19th, 2005 02:04 AM
Bloozehound oh yeah!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)