ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Oh what the hell... Drinking thread pt 9. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
April 24th, 2005 03:05 PM
egon i feel a bit like a drunken monkey today.

i think...
April 25th, 2005 09:52 AM
corgi37 Today is a public holiday (Anzac Day) here in Oz. I took the liberty of getting paraletic last night, and just moping around today. I had to take my babies to the park, and i nearly vomited in the fresh air and sunshine.

But sexy MILF's made me feel a bit better.

And made me suck my gut in.
April 27th, 2005 09:14 AM
egon slipping away again.

i shall have to drink a little bit more tonight
April 28th, 2005 06:13 AM
egon well, i'm off to london for some quantLity pub time.
April 28th, 2005 10:26 AM
egon Now was this taken before or after entering...?

April 29th, 2005 10:07 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Cosmonaut Wants Booze In Space
John Stith | Staff Writer | 2005-04-27

Want a wet bar in space? A Russian cosmonaut does. Salizhan Sharipov just got back from the International Space Station and thinks a little liquor would help them do their jobs better.

The RIA-Novosti news agency reported in a recent story that Mr. Sharipov thinks 50 ml of wine or cognac would be desirable to reduce stress and help perform their job more efficiently.

"But only to improve our work, to better cope with the psychological stress," Sharipov said.

These words came from a press conference held after Sharipov returned from space along with U.S. astronaut Leroy Chiao and Italian astronaut Roberto Vittori. Sharipov and Chiao had been in space since last Oct. and Vittori had been there for 10 days as part of this recent Soyuz mission to replace Sharipov and Chiao.

The astronauts returned on Monday safely.

May 1st, 2005 04:58 AM
Bloozehound lets drink vatos!!

where's that fuckin scum dawg moonstickaty ?

tig3rman wilson says jell0

http://www.antones.net/

May 1st, 2005 03:38 PM
Bloozehound http://www.bordergatewayprotocol.net/jon/humor/web_animations/titties_and_beer.swf
May 4th, 2005 09:42 AM
egon nearly on page 3!
NEARLY ON PAGE 3!!!

I'm very sad.

Luckily it's a holiday here tomorrow.
Plenty of time to have a little sniffter!
May 4th, 2005 09:37 PM
Child of the Moon I'm severely depressed right now. Listening to the Dead, attempting to drown my sorrows in Blue Boar and whatever else is lying around. Now that I know the Stones aren't coming to Oregon and are charging out the ass for tickets, I'm about ready to fucking cry. Add to this only two hours of sleep and a full day at work (started at four in the morning), and you've got one sad little Child of the Moon. What can a poor boy do...?
May 6th, 2005 12:02 PM
nankerphelge I feel terrible that egon had to remind me of this thread!

Guess what, yesterday -- drank no alcohol!

The Horror!

I'll make up for it tonight!
May 6th, 2005 12:40 PM
egon nank, is thar really you? REALLY?

May the 6th will from now on be "nanky day".

i'm not crying....
May 8th, 2005 03:57 PM
MrPleasant Ok, I just made up a sensational RS Drinking Game to be practiced if you get the chance to see/hear a live broadcast of the upcoming conference.

1.- One shot of liquor every time the phrases "last tour", "final tour" or "the end" are uttered by anybody.
2.- Ditto, for each cigarette lit by Keith.
3.- Another one, p/each question regarding Wyman or Taylor.
4.- Finally: every time a comment made by Ron leaves you scratching your head.

Optional shots: if any of the new songs -- rumored to be introduced by the band -- make you want to cry.

Well, 'sensational' is not the word, I know.
[Edited by MrPleasant]
May 10th, 2005 05:19 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Uh oh. This was on page 2 - what's the matter? Someone go into detox?, rehab?
May 10th, 2005 05:27 AM
Ten Thousand Motels First it was the Moosehead beer; now N.B. thieves targeting lobsters

By CHRIS MORRIS

FREDERICTON (CP) - Thieves in New Brunswick seem to have developed a taste for at least two of the province's most prized products - beer and lobster.

After the intrigue of the Moosehead beer heist last summer, in which a truckload of brew was spirited away from Saint John, robbers now have made off two tractor-trailer loads of frozen lobster. The lobster, worth about $250,000, was ready for shipment from a warehouse owned by GEM Fisheries of Saint-Simon on New Brunswick's Acadian peninsula when it was stolen early Sunday morning.

One of the trucks was later found in Montreal, but it was empty. Police are still looking for the second truck and the frozen lobster.

"It was a carefully planned theft," Steve Foulem, general manager of the GEM Fisheries, said in an interview Monday.

"We recorded it all on our security cameras. It's like watching a scene from (the TV crime series) CSI or something."

Foulem said two of the thieves can be seen on the videotape. One was disguised, but the other was not.

He said he did not recognize the man.

"Everything was organized before they came here," he said. "It's too big to just happen like that."

Foulem said the lobster was supposed to be shipped to Boston on Monday.

He said the product is marked with his company's labels. But he said it appears the thieves had buyers lined up for the lobster, and he doubts he will see it again.

Police are asking people to be on the lookout for a truck with the GEM name on its side.

As for the stolen beer, the RCMP in New Brunswick failed to recover most of 50,000 cans stolen in a dramatic heist last August.

The beer was supposed to be delivered from the Moosehead brewery in Saint John, N.B., to Etobicoke, Ont., but the truck never made it.

Instead, the tractor-trailer was found with less than 300 cans of beer and the engine running in a parking lot in Grand Falls, N.B.

Wade Haines, a truck driver from Fredericton who sent a birthday card to an ex-girlfriend signed "the beer bandit," was later found guilty of theft over $5,000.

The beer was intended for the Mexican market. The cans were labelled in Spanish.

Police said that although Haines was the only person charged and convicted, other people were involved.
May 10th, 2005 07:06 AM
egon i ain't drinking till either Marseille or Barcelona is confirmed!

thank you please
May 11th, 2005 12:54 PM
egon page 2, i can understand with all the excitement going on,
but page 3???? no way!

May 11th, 2005 12:59 PM
mac_daddy egon - i hear ya! in fact, i might go for a run, and then commence drinking for the remainder of the day, y'know, to celebrate a little...

May 12th, 2005 06:24 AM
egon well well,

a new tour, a new album.

i don't know about you guys, but i plan to get absolutely hammered tonight.

whoehooo.

Stones rule you fucking bastards!
May 12th, 2005 07:00 AM
LadyJane
quote:
egon wrote:
well well,

a new tour, a new album.

i don't know about you guys, but i plan to get absolutely hammered tonight.

whoehooo.

Stones rule you fucking bastards!

I'm waiting for the weekend for a hearty celebration of this week's events.

Feeling a little under the weather these past couple of days.

LJ.

May 12th, 2005 08:07 AM
egon rest my sweet LJ.
get your strenght.
it's all good, cos the boys are coming!
May 12th, 2005 06:10 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
BONADUCE CHECKS INTO REHAB

Former PARTRIDGE FAMILY star DANNY BONADUCE has checked into a rehabilitation centre for alcohol abuse.

The 45-year-old redhead actor checked into a unnamed resort last week (ends29APR05) and has taken a break from hosting his Los Angeles morning radio show.

American music channel VH1 will continue to make its reality show BEING BONADUCE, despite Bonaduce's 30-day treatment programme.

A VH1 spokesman says, "We'll continue to produce Being Bonaduce, contrary to prior reports.

"Danny Bonaduce will be entering a 30-day alcohol treatment program, at which point production will slow down so that Danny and his family can work through their issues."

Bonaduce wrote a best-selling book RANDOM ACTS OF BADNESS: MY STORY in 2001, which detailed his long battle with substance abuse.

04/05/2005 14:02

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
May 14th, 2005 01:14 AM
Child of the Moon Ten Thousand Motels - Seriously, suddenly coming face to face with the Bonaduce picture freaked the shit out of me. Don't ever do that again.

This page 2 business scares me, even with the boys gearing up for a new tour/album. I've been drinking a lot lately, seeing as how my depression still hasn't subsided. Tonight it's Heineken, with a bit of rum on the side (liquor before beer - yer in the clear!). Playing the Dead tonight (Play Dead - geddit?), all the stuff from the Beyond Description boxed set. Best investment I've made in quite some time.

If this seems a bit off (this post), it's because I'm slightly drunk already. Stones rule, you bastards!!!!!!!!
May 15th, 2005 06:06 AM
Bloozehound Dear drinky,

This little trend of putting lil bags of ice in the pitchers of beer

needed, or not needed ?

One busted in our pitcher of cervesa tongiht, to late in the game to catch it, made the beer kinda "watery"

a master b33r drinker such as myself would not normally flinch at one of these kinds of set backs but....

?
May 16th, 2005 03:06 PM
egon there's nothing wrong with a bit of ice in your beer,
especially on those very hot days.
and remember beer is 80/90/99(?) pct water anyway.
don't know what the other 20/10/1(?) pct is, but it sure is mighty fine!

Stones rule you absolute fucking bastards!
May 19th, 2005 01:37 AM
Child of the Moon Just to keep everybody drinkin', even in the event of a Stones tour...

Drinkin' some Henry Weinhard's Northwest Trail and some rum to wash it down. Stones rule, you bastards! (I said it, too!)
May 19th, 2005 08:31 AM
egon driving to work this morning and all of a sudden START ME UP came up on the radio.

Turned the volume to the max and was s(w)inging along.
Made me wanna grab a beer and head to the beach.

One more day, just one more day...
May 21st, 2005 02:48 AM
Child of the Moon Dammit! I will not let this thread die! Drinking a mix of PBR and Henry Weinhard's Northwest Trail tonight, maybe some more if I feel like it. I don't have to work until later tomorrow, so I can fuck myself up to my heart's delight tonight.

Gonna hit a bar on Sunday night with a co-worker, so we'll see what happens then!
May 22nd, 2005 03:12 AM
Child of the Moon Some more shitty beer tonight... this time, in the form of Steel Reserve 211... two big fucking bottles of it. I fucking need it all right now...
[Edited by Child of the Moon]
May 22nd, 2005 06:09 AM
beer 211 Steel Reserve?!?

a couple rounds with that shit will either make or break you.

good luck and be ready for a hangover that resembles strichnine poisoning.

-
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)