ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Oh what the hell... Drinking thread pt 9. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
April 8th, 2005 12:14 PM
egon lj,

you pissed yet?

cos let me tell you, i'm getting there.

it's friday baby!
April 8th, 2005 12:19 PM
LadyJane Not yet egon, my love. I'm still at work. But later...oh later...COUNT ON IT!!!

LJ.
April 8th, 2005 03:57 PM
Joey

Amen !!!!!

http://www.amandaegge.com/schiavo.htm
April 8th, 2005 05:45 PM
nankerphelge Very nice -- I thought the same thing about Brian's drinking pic!!

Happy happy there Pammy!
Hope you have a great weekend!

[Edited by nankerphelge]
April 9th, 2005 08:09 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
April 9th, 2005 09:13 AM
egon tonight; pub for apero, resto for food, back to the pub.
April 9th, 2005 12:38 PM
nankerphelge My pledge:

Tonite I'll drink, until I'm drunk
Last nite I drank, or so I thunk
I'll drink some beer, cuz beer is great
Until I throw up on my date
I'll drink some wine, cuz wine is dandy
Then I'll switch to some cheap brandy
And then tequila, but just a shot
If I drink much more, my head gets hot
And then I yell and cuss and fight
All in all, not a bad night!

April 9th, 2005 01:06 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Look, its fun to kid around Motesie, but sobriety is a disease and left untreated it can lead to sobriety. Recent CDC studies suggest that as many as 9 in 10 Americans will suffer from extended periods of sobriety at least once in their lives.

Help is available, however. If you feel that you, or someone you love, has a problem with sobriety, please contact a drinking professional in your area. There are several such professionals advertising on this thread, that will be glad to help.
April 9th, 2005 09:31 PM
sirmoonie Allright, here ya go.

I expect every Premier member of The Drinking Thread to get this guy home, so he doesn't get hassled by The Man.

http://www.wagenschenke.ch/

Move the mouse to the left when you feel he is staggering right, and vice versalizeness.

I've never seen a video game with such real effects. High scores?

April 10th, 2005 02:50 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

http://www.wagenschenke.ch/

Move the mouse to the left when you feel he is staggering right, and vice versalizeness.

I've never seen a video game with such real effects. High scores?

faboulous game moonshine, we're on, highest score wins!! post'em:

I got a proud 63 meters

(I swear this game might possibly be based on one of my ole 4 day eXtasy & coke fuled bourban street benders)

April 10th, 2005 09:29 AM
egon would love to play the game,
but i'm too pissed.
April 10th, 2005 07:23 PM
Ten Thousand Motels

Carry A. Nation, the militant crusader against illegal saloons, launched her career of saloon-smashing in Kiowa. She and her followers in Medicine Lodge, her home town, had closed the local saloons by holding prayer meetings on their premises and displays of force. However, as the Women's Christian Temperance Unions jail evangelist, she found as many drunks as ever in the county jail. These men named Kiowa as their source of supply. A voice spoke to Carry, telling her to go to Kiowa and smash the saloons. On June 1, 1900, she attacked three "joints" in Kiowa, using stones, brickbats, full malt bottles, and one billiard ball as ammunition. Carry's attack surprised local officials, but because of the fact that the operation of such "joints" was illegal she was not jailed as she would be later in other communities. She did not adopt the use of her now famous hatchet until her visit to Wichita some six months later.
The Kiowa attack quickly received national attention and instigated great debate even among the temperance organizations. Carry Nation spent the remainder of her life in the crusade against the liquor interests and lecturing on prohibition. She died June 9, 1911.

April 10th, 2005 11:13 PM
LadyJane

Shiver................

She is CLEARLY in need of a STIFF ONE...yeah..either one...no..BOTH

I'm drinkin'....Skyy/Cranberry.

LJ.
April 11th, 2005 04:46 PM
egon had me some guiness last night.
it gives you the shits(*) the next day, but it's oh so good & yummie.

* = joey!

[Edited by egon]
April 11th, 2005 04:58 PM
voodoopug
quote:
egon wrote:
had me some guiness last night.
it gives you the shits(*) the next day, but it's oh so good & yummie.

* = joey!

[Edited by egon]

for diet benefits, i have switched to diet 7 up and seagrams seven crown.

April 12th, 2005 08:13 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Billy Joel Checks Out of Rehab Center
Tue Apr 12, 4:52 PM ET

NEW YORK - Billy Joel has checked out of a California rehabilitation center a month after entering the facility for treatment of alcohol abuse.

The 55-year-old singer left the Betty Ford Center in Rancho Mirage, Calif., early Sunday morning, his publicist, Claire Mercuri, said in an email to The Associated Press Tuesday.

Joel entered the clinic in March after suffering what Mercuri then said was "a recent bout of severe gastrointestinal distress." He was to receive "treatment of alcohol abuse," she said.

He is now back at his Long Island home with his wife, Kate Lee.

In June 2002, Joel spent about two weeks at Silver Hill Hospital, a substance abuse and psychiatric center in New Canaan, Conn. He later said he entered the hospital because he had been abusing alcohol.

The Grammy-winning artist, whose hits include "Piano Man," married the 23-year-old Lee last year. It was his third marriage.
April 13th, 2005 01:31 PM
nankerphelge Killed another keg of Newcastle for lunch!

Yeah!!!
April 13th, 2005 01:38 PM
parmeda ...lush!
April 13th, 2005 01:40 PM
nankerphelge Hey - I resemble that remark...
April 13th, 2005 02:09 PM
LadyJane I see I am now on Voodoopug's list of "people I want to drink with". I am honored and look forward to it. My list: the entire members of RO.

Gee you'd think I was known as some kind of lush or something.....oh yeah...I am!!!

LJ.
April 14th, 2005 07:03 AM
egon me too, although i'm only 2nd on that list.
Maybe it's in no particular order, but i'll just have a couple of more drinks just to be sure!
April 14th, 2005 07:08 AM
LadyJane egon...you REALLY thinking of coming Stateside to see the Stones??

Imagine the drinking you could do with your RO pals????

Gulp, Gulp.

LJ.

April 14th, 2005 07:16 AM
egon lj,

been thinking about it yes.
i was gonna go to the states in september for my summer holidays anyway, but that's now changed to australia.
(and we all know the boys won't go there)

but i still might do a "quicky" to the states. Money & time permitting that is. (drink less, work harder)
Will have to see the tourdates, and work from there....

April 14th, 2005 07:21 AM
LadyJane RO gatherings will occur...and Chicago is our target city for a major party. It would be so great to have some of our Euro friends here. I MUST drink with egon!!!!!

LJ.
April 14th, 2005 07:31 AM
egon right.
well, let me check it out.
when are we talking; between augusts-september...later?
and what's the distance between new york & chicago; abt 400 miles?
April 14th, 2005 07:36 AM
LadyJane No clue on dates, yet. My guess would be Sept-Oct. And the distance between Chicago and NYC is about 800 miles I think. I've never seen the Stones in either city...and I'm gonna try like hell to get to both.

LJ.
April 14th, 2005 10:45 AM
egon oh my look at the time!
i'm having a little going away party for a friend
who's going back to the motherland.
and it's starting right about....NOW!
Fosters it shall be tonight!
April 14th, 2005 11:34 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Chimpanzee told to stop smoking

Thu Apr 14, 2:32 PM ET

JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - A South African zoo is trying to persuade its star chimpanzee to kick a bad smoking habit.

Charlie, a grown male chimp and the Bloemfontein Zoo, has been picking up cigarettes thrown to him by visitors and smoking them -- a habit he probably picked up by observing humans, zoo officials told the SAPA news agency on Thursday.

"Baby chimps pick up habits by mimicking adults and we think he started mimicking smokers at his enclosure which probably led to smokers throwing him cigarettes," spokesman Daryl Barnes told SAPA.

Barnes said Charlie was already showing the signs of a true nicotine addict.

"He even acts like a naughty schoolboy by hiding the cigarette when staff approach the area," Barnes said, adding that the zoo was determined to help him quit.

Barnes said the most important thing was that people stop providing Charlie with cigarettes or any other treats, noting the chimp already had three bad teeth because of all the cans of sweet soft drinks that people throw at him.

Charlie is not the only smoking chimpanzee. A zoo in the Chinese city of Zhengzhou reported last year that one of its chimps had taken up smoking and was desperately cadging cigarette butts off visitors.
April 15th, 2005 05:47 AM
egon guiness for strenght...?

I do not think so!
April 15th, 2005 08:59 AM
Gazza a busy weekend's drinking awaits :

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)