ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Oh what the hell... Drinking thread pt 9. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
January 30th, 2005 09:24 AM
egon

i decided on friday that january was over, and that it was officially the 1 st of february. went to the pub for a few, then to a resto. as everyone was on the red I had to drink the bottle of rose all by myself.
god I love the 1st of february!

Saturday i just did the pub thing.
God I love the 2nd of february!

Still not smoking though as i've decided that cancer is not really my thing. It ain't easy though;
after 5 pints it suddenly seems a prefectly good idea to have "just one".

Ps: i know nothing about a lost bottle of alcohol.
And it seems that whoever did loose it is a bit of an amateur drinker. or maybe he/she doesn't care about the art of drinking. either way it means that it was someone
from outside "the circle", as we only have profesionals in our group. i've been drinking for over 15 years now
and have never lost a bottle and/or glass in my life.
FOCUS is the key word here..... FOCUS & CARING......
FOCUS, CARING & QUANTITY.

FCQ, Word to your grandma!

Time for a little drinkie. god i love the 3rd of February
February 1st, 2005 08:23 AM
egon (rock)bottom of page 1.......

It's february, spring is here. let's drink to that!
February 1st, 2005 08:24 AM
LadyJane Bumping this up in honor of the end of the horrible month of January.

egon..you drinking again???

LJ.
February 1st, 2005 08:26 AM
egon you bet baby!

February 1st, 2005 08:27 AM
egon were we bumping at the same time?

sweet!
February 2nd, 2005 01:46 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Queer Beer launched for gays

A trio of Swiss businessmen have launched a new drink for gay people called Queer Beer.

Michael Hutmacher, 32, came up with the idea with two friends and has now founded a company, Lemonhead, to market it.

He said: "My business partner, who is gay, and I were talking about how to corner the homosexual market and came up with the idea for a drink aimed specifically at gay men and women.

"It really was just a crazy idea at first, but we've now come up with a product."

Hutmacher, from Zug. added: "Our beer is a humorous attempt to identify with the gay scene and we hope it will help people to feel relaxed with their sexuality and not hide away."

And he added despite its provocative name the lager wasn't just aimed at homosexuals but also straight people.

Moel Volken, from gay rights organisation Pink Cross, said the beer was an excellent idea.

"I'm happy to see that homosexuals are being taken seriously as consumers. I just hope that the beer tastes good," he said.

February 2nd, 2005 01:52 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Moel Volken, from gay rights organisation Pink Cross, said the beer was an excellent idea.

"I'm happy to see that homosexuals are being taken seriously as consumers. I just hope that the beer tastes good," he said.

If the beer tastes like sperm then they probably got a weiner...oops! I mean winner on their hands.
February 2nd, 2005 01:55 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
February 2nd, 2005 08:56 AM
nankerphelge Wonder what the bottles are shaped like!
February 3rd, 2005 06:44 AM
egon drinking before noontime, done or not done?

discuss...
February 3rd, 2005 09:05 AM
nankerphelge Done routinely!
February 3rd, 2005 09:12 AM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:
drinking before noontime, done or not done?

discuss...

Egon ...........................

I take it you are quite DRUNK ?!?!?!?!
February 3rd, 2005 11:18 AM
nankerphelge Woman Accused of Giving Lethal Sherry Enema

HOUSTON (Reuters) - A Texas woman has been indicted for criminally negligent homicide for causing her husband's death by giving him a sherry enema, a police detective said on Wednesday.

Tammy Jean Warner, 42, gave Michael Warner two large bottles of sherry on May 21, which raised his blood alcohol level to 0.47 percent, or nearly six times the level considered legally drunk in Texas, police detective Robert Turner in Lake Jackson, Texas, told the Houston Chronicle.

"We're not talking about little bottles here," Turner said. "These were at least 1.5-liter bottles."

Warner, 58, was said to have an alcohol problem and received the wine enema because a throat ailment left him unable to drink the sherry, Turner told the newspaper.

"I heard of this kind of thing in mortuary school in 1970, but this is the first time I've ever heard of someone actually doing it," said Turner, who led the lengthy investigation in the case.

The woman admitted administering the enema, but denied causing her husband's death, the Chronicle said.

A dispatcher for the Lake Jackson police said only Turner could discuss the case, but he did not return phone calls from Reuters.

Along with negligent homicide, Mrs. Warner was indicted for burning her husband's will a month before his death. Both charges carry maximum penalties of two years in prison.

Mrs. Warner surrendered to police on Monday and was released on $30,000 bail, the newspaper said.
February 4th, 2005 12:39 AM
Ten Thousand Motels THE MAN WHO DRINKS PETROL Feb 4 2005

Garage ban for maniac

By Kevin Donald

A MAN has been banned from garages - for sneaking on to forecourts to drink petrol.

Brian Taylor, 36, has been branded a four-star pest for slashing hoses to get at the fuel and terrorising staff and shoppers.

He was pictured on security cameras pouring a drink of unleaded before doing a maniacal dance while high on fumes.

Taylor, who doesn't drive, has been issued with an anti-social behaviour order banning him from all garages in Teesside.

The ASBO means he can't even get a carry-out - as the order forbids him having a petrol can in a public place.

Taylor, of South Bank, Middlesbrough, was warned that if his behaviour doesn't stop he will go to jail.

Teesside magistrates heard that on 51 occasions he terrorised staff and shoppers after drinking and sniffing petrol at the filling station at Asda's South Bank store.

On several occasions, he was aggressive when they tried to stop him.

Security footage taken in the early hours one day in July last year showed him dancing wildly around pumps while worried staff watched from their kiosk.

He was caught filling containers day and night after making holes in the hoses.

He usually went for unleaded but was happy with four star and diesel, police said.

Sergeant Bryan Tams, of Cleveland police, said Taylor's actions were a danger to himself and the public.

He said: 'People have turned up at the station, not knowing the pipe's been cut.

'When they have tried to put petrol into their car they have been sprayed all over with petrol, which is very dangerous.

'I've heard reports of meetings called to control his behaviour when he turned up stinking of petrol. The fumes have been so bad he's been asked to leave the building.'

It is thought his actions have cost Asda more than £3000 in damage and lost fuel.

Taylor denies drinking petrol - but admits he loves to sniff it.

Footage showed him filling an empty fizzy drink bottle with fuel, lifting it to his lips and putting back his head. He claims he was just inhaling the fumes.

Sgt Tams said: 'He laughs at the idea he'd drink it. He says, 'I'm daft but not that daft.' Police say they are trying to get help for Taylor to battle his addiction.

Petrol is a mixture of volatile toxic hydrocarbons, which are quickly absorbed through the stomach and lungs and act as a depressant, similar to alcohol.

Sniffing or drinking the chemical gives an instant high - but it may contribute to brain damage and harm the central nervous system and major organs.

February 4th, 2005 08:48 AM
nankerphelge There was a guy that posted on either Keno's site or one of the Stonesworld sites that used to love huffing gas -- don't know if it was BS or not, but the guy sure sounded for real.

Then he just stopped posting!

Wonder why?
February 4th, 2005 09:03 PM
Ten Thousand Motels DRUGS TOOK OZZY TO ANOTHER DIMENSION

OZZY OSBOURNE enjoyed so many drink and drug-fuelled binges during his BLACK SABBATH heyday, he saw ghosts and had conversations with horses.

The reality TV star was so intoxicated he still doesn't know if what he experienced actually happened - but he says his brain is now the most haunted place in the world.

Ozzy says, "When you've had enough ale and acid in your system, you'll see anything. I think they were ghosts. But, because they were ghosts, they were invisible so they're difficult to describe.

"I don't need any ghosts, mind. I've got all the ghosts I need living inside my head. My brain is the most haunted place on Earth... I was talking to horses and the bastards were talking back. I thought it would never end."

Contactmusic.com

February 4th, 2005 09:08 PM
SheRat

THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!

February 4th, 2005 09:21 PM
telecaster Happy BDay She Rat

Jim Beam rocks

Have you tried Beam Black yet?
February 4th, 2005 09:26 PM
LadyJane SheRat's Birthday!!!!!

Well, Well....wishing my ROCC Sistah a the happiest of days!!

Cheers!!

LJ.
February 4th, 2005 10:30 PM
sirmoonie The only thread that matters.

You don't even need a job.

You just need to like drinking.

I like drinking.

I hate my job.

Thread.

======
Haiku - copyright of sirmoonie
February 4th, 2005 10:31 PM
Bloozehound Where's moonie?
February 4th, 2005 10:34 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Where's moonie?

Oh, the cosmical energy of them simulcast posts.

Its you and me, bloozie. Together we will squash all that needs thwarting. America's team.
February 4th, 2005 11:48 PM
Bloozehound there you are

lol

1 min apart

we was gettin worried, it's Friday night & you hadn't checked in at the drinkin thread

You watching george lopez on comedy central?

this cats a riot

[Edited by Bloozehound]
February 5th, 2005 03:06 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Fox Pulls Miller Ads from Super Bowl Pre-Game

By Mark Weinraub

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Television network Fox has decided against broadcasting three Miller Lite commercials it had approved for airing during the Super Bowl pregame show on Sunday, the network said on Friday.

The three commercials poke fun at rival Anheuser-Busch Cos Inc.'s new Budweiser Select beer, which is being heavily promoted during the football game itself. The Miller spots were approved by Fox's standards and practices committee but later vetoed by its sales department, a source familiar with the situation said.

Fox said it would not run commercials portraying Anheuser-Busch, which bought the most Super Bowl advertising time this year, in a negative light, said Jon Nesvig, president of advertising sales at Fox.

"The decision was made to reject these specific ads based on the degree of spending Anheuser-Busch has achieved in support of Fox and the Super Bowl," Nesvig said in a statement.

Anheuser-Busch, which is the largest in-game advertiser, is the only brewer scheduled to air commercials across the United States during the actual Super Bowl game, which is the biggest stage for advertisers. Fox sold 30-second spots for up to $2.4 million this year.

Although Miller's commercials will not be part of the national broadcast on Sunday, the brewer said it has bought commercial time with some local affiliate stations during the game. The decision to use local affiliates came after its ads were pulled from the pregame show. "It appears to us that Anheuser-Busch is trying to bully us out of the pregame on Super Bowl Sunday," Miller spokesman Pete Marino said. "But we remain confident that our message about new Bud will be well heard and well understood."

A Fox spokesman declined to comment on if the network consulted with Anheuser-Busch about the decision.

A representatives from Anheuser-Busch was not immediately available to comment.

Anheuser-Busch and Miller, which is a unit of SABMiller Plc, have been vying for U.S. market share, a battle that has spilled onto the airwaves through commercials. Both brewers have poked fun at the other's products in their advertising.

In January, ABC and its sister cable network ESPN rejected three Anheuser-Busch commercials spoofing Miller advertising campaigns. That move came after the major TV networks pulled three Miller Lite commercials, saying they were too disparaging of Bud Light.

In 2004, Miller filed a lawsuit against its bigger rival, claiming the company was making "false and misleading statements" in its advertising.
February 5th, 2005 10:34 PM
sirmoonie In heaven, they have bongs of gold so big that the angels need computerized flight paths to navigate their grommeted towers. Job 16:31.
February 7th, 2005 02:34 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
In heaven, they have bongs of gold so big that the angels need computerized flight paths to navigate their grommeted towers. Job 16:31.

Outstanding Post !

..please feel free to take the rest of the day off
February 8th, 2005 10:09 AM
egon ok, it's the 8th of february and so far this year
work has gotten in the way of some quaLIntity drinking.

So i came up with a plan;

I'll take next week off, drive back to the motherland and drink myself silly with (cheap) heineken.

how's THAT for a plan?!
February 8th, 2005 10:12 AM
egon
quote:
Joey wrote:

Outstanding Post !

..please feel free to take the rest of the day off

February 8th, 2005 11:02 AM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:

I'll take next week off, drive back to the motherland and drink myself silly with (cheap) heineken.

how's THAT for a plan?!

Egon .................................

You are absolutely precious .

TONIGHT I DRINK TO YOU MY STONESIAN BROTHER !!!!!!

J.
February 8th, 2005 04:46 PM
nankerphelge egon rules
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)