ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Oh what the hell... Drinking thread pt 9. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
January 22nd, 2005 11:08 AM
LadyJane egon!!!! Where have you been??? I've been worried too!!!

You quit drinking AND smoking??? Really???

Well...good for you. I wish I could say the same.

I've been cutting back, though! A little. I'm trying.

LJ.
January 22nd, 2005 12:19 PM
parmeda
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Let me recount my drinking experiences as a man alone in a Chicago hotel room last week.

moonie! WTF?

Had I known, I would have given you the extra ticket to see Buddy Guy with us!!! (Go ahead, I'll wait while you kick yourself...)

Dude, I wish you would have called...
January 22nd, 2005 07:01 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
parmeda wrote:

moonie! WTF?

Had I known, I would have given you the extra ticket to see Buddy Guy with us!!! (Go ahead, I'll wait while you kick yourself...)

Dude, I wish you would have called...

My friend! Believe me, if one of my trips to Chicago ever amounts to more than all day BS, night in hotel, and 6 AM shuttle home, I'll let you and Dande know. Nothing cooler than meeting up with those in The Know.
January 25th, 2005 05:48 AM
LadyJane Saving my two favorite threads from the bottom of the page.

Drink of the moment......cold water!! Woke up thirsty.

LJ.
January 25th, 2005 07:52 AM
egon i'm looking for a gun.
cheap, as i only intent to use it once.
January 25th, 2005 07:53 AM
LadyJane egon..what are you talking about? Don't scare me!

LJ.
January 25th, 2005 07:57 AM
egon January is not working out for me LJ.
too much shit, too little booze.

but don't worry, i'm only joking about the gun....

A rusty knife will do just fine, and is probably cheaper.
January 25th, 2005 08:00 AM
LadyJane egon..I HATE January. Mine's not too good either. So don't fret...things will get better..and you aren't alone. You better be kidding about the gun...the Stones are getting ready to roll and YOU are on my list of "Must Meet" RO members!!!

LJ.
January 25th, 2005 08:16 AM
Zeeta January's not too bad for me it's Feb and March that are hellish! January you still have the sweet taste of xmas booze in your mouth!
February the nights dont seem to be gettin longer and in March summer seems like it's never gonna come!

Alas we have life, music, Stones, drink, smoke so lets roll! And rock!

I am going to Paris tomorrow for a few days I am gonna get loaded and walk around all day exploring - maybe I'll bump into Mick and Keith jammin in a garage! haha! I am getting the Eurostar which should be fun as well!

Anyone know Paris and can give recommendations on must sees and bars (more importantly!) to visit!??
January 25th, 2005 09:10 AM
egon
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
I am going to Paris tomorrow for a few days

bring a coat. even here in the south i'm freezing my ass off.

better yet, bring 2 coats... and a bottle of whisky.

as for things to visit; anything that is inside and has heating will do. (so that definitely leaves out the eifeltower)

[Edited by egon]
January 25th, 2005 10:14 AM
caro Zeeta, you can't go wrong if you drink your way through Oberkampf street (subway station is Ménilmontant). The district around Ménilmontant/Belleville is cool anyway, also if you just wanna walk around. The Belleville park has a *great* panorama on Paris.
Also check out the Canal Saint-Martin (subway station Goncourt or République) -- if it happens to be sunny and you have your 2 coats with you, there's a bar (le Jemmapes) where you can get takeaway beer & sit on the edge of the channel.
Another party district is the Marais (Subway St Paul). It's funny too, but it's more show-off & expensive, so you might quickly get sick of it. And then you have the bars of rue Mouffetard (subway "Place Monge"), which are full of tourists but still cool, in a medieval kind of way.
And if I were you (unless you want to see something in particular) I'd stay away from everything that's to the West of Concorde.
January 25th, 2005 10:18 AM
Zeeta Thanks Caro - I am stayin in the Latin Quarter area near Mouffetard market so I'll definitely visit them bars in rue Mouffetard.

Thanks - I can't wait - I am going to get real drunk tonight and all week!
January 26th, 2005 12:26 AM
beer

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/holdinitdown.wmv

-
January 26th, 2005 12:25 PM
Madafaka My heeeeeead! My heaaaaaaaaaaad!
This headache is killing me! Too red wine last night.
January 26th, 2005 03:47 PM
SheRat
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
Anyone know Paris and can give recommendations on must sees and bars (more importantly!) to visit!??

As I recall, a bar called Le Bastide by Le Bastille played Little Feat and the Stones while I was there and the bartender made fun of my french "Trois bieres" is all I said, the fucker, but the guys at the next table got us high.

It was on some little alleyway by the Bastille. I have no idea if it's still there, as this was 10 years ago. Have fun though.
January 28th, 2005 08:25 AM
LadyJane
quote:
beer wrote:

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/holdinitdown.wmv

-

Damn...I tried to view this and my lovely IST dept censors have labeled it "tasteless". Can't wait to get home.

Cosmopolitans last night at dinner with some friends. Between those and the pasta dinner, I passed out at 8:30!!

Happy Fryday!!

LJ.
January 28th, 2005 09:40 AM
egon thank god this month is almost over.

I'll start next week with some quality drinking, or should i say "quantity drinking"

developing fast................, like a poloroid picture
January 28th, 2005 09:45 AM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:
thank god this month is almost over.

I'll start next week with some quality drinking, or should i say "quantity drinking"

developing fast................, like a poloroid picture

Hello Egon ................................

Will you be drinking any " Jaggerbombs " this evening ?

W- W- W- W- What ?!?! .....Oh , Hell YES !!!!!

Heinekens & numerous " Jaggerbombs "

J Fly !
January 28th, 2005 11:08 AM
parmeda Who's hoarding the fucking bottle?
...will ya pass it over here already, dammit!

For crying out miserable loud...
I need a drink after reading the board today.

moonie, pour me a stiff one...you seem to have the good shit
January 28th, 2005 11:25 AM
LadyJane Parmeda...please check your e-mail.

LJ.
January 28th, 2005 11:26 AM
Joey

< ----------- Pammy...please check your e-mail.

January 28th, 2005 11:30 AM
parmeda Thanks LJ...

...you too, Joey!
January 28th, 2005 05:06 PM
nankerphelge Man peed way out of avalanche

A Slovak man trapped in his car under an avalanche freed himself by drinking 60 bottles of beer and urinating on the snow to melt it.

Rescue teams found Richard Kral drunk and staggering along a mountain path four days after his Audi car was buried in the Slovak Tatra mountains.

He told them that after the avalanche, he had opened his car window and tried to dig his way out.

But as he dug with his hands, he realised the snow would fill his car before he managed to break through.

He had 60 half-litre bottles of beer in his car as he was going on holiday, and after cracking one open to think about the problem he realised he could urinate on the snow to melt it, local media reported.

He said: "I was scooping the snow from above me and packing it down below the window, and then I peed on it to melt it. It was hard and now my kidneys and liver hurt. But I'm glad the beer I took on holiday turned out to be useful and I managed to get out of there."

Parts of Europe have this week been hit by the heaviest snowfalls since 1941, with some places registering more than ten feet of snow in 24 hours.
January 28th, 2005 05:06 PM
telecaster Oh nanky, like you have never done that

Who hasn't?

www.maxlugar.com
January 28th, 2005 05:08 PM
nankerphelge I've fallen into a few snowbanks and pissed myself!

Does that count!
January 28th, 2005 05:13 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I've fallen into a few snowbanks and pissed myself!

Does that count!

Were you ' pissing white ' ?!?!?!
January 28th, 2005 09:50 PM
LadyJane Nanky...you sly devil.

Now we know where you've been all week!

We want to see pics of the Slovak Mountains.

LMAO.

LJ.
January 29th, 2005 01:42 AM
sirmoonie Parmie, I could'a sworn I passed it to Egonnie.

I don't know what he's saying, but it looks like we have a problem here.

Who the fuck has got the bott?
January 29th, 2005 01:56 AM
gordo i love her, sirmoonie
January 29th, 2005 02:20 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
gordo wrote:
i love her, sirmoonie

Did Petty really write Leave Virginia Alone?

"Help me, help help me, Ronnie!"
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)