ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Oh what the hell... Drinking thread pt 9. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
January 8th, 2005 01:06 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Hey Blooze (or anyone), .,....

Mucho gracias in advanceo.

Big ol' round O'drink for Bro~ther MoonStiggister!

dunno right off hand, but im fuckin tired, i gotta crash, lets party man~an~a senor

[Edited by Bloozehound]
January 9th, 2005 01:22 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Hey Blooze (or anyone), I haven't bought music on line in a few years. What is best place in terms of $$$ and selection? CDNOW looks like they went belly up. Is it Amazon? Alldirect? Anywhere else?

I got a bonus check to spend. Or a bit of one. 95% of it went to those tsunamists.

Mucho gracias in advanceo.

moonie, as far as quality over $$$quanity goes check tower records.com, they've got a sale going on right now, cds for $7.99 - 9.99. Their selection is just about as extensive as cdnow/amazon's too from what I've been able to tell

saw a few cool things while rummaging through the sale itmems just now, sometimes they have free shipping on orders over a certain $$ amount, but I didn't notice anything about that this time though

click were it says "music sale"

http://www.towerrecords.com/

January 11th, 2005 06:44 AM
LadyJane Two questions:

Why is this on Page 2???

Where is egon???

LJ.
aka
Cutting down, but still drinking!
January 12th, 2005 01:53 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

moonie, as far as quality over $$$quanity goes check tower records.com, they've got a sale going on right now, cds for $7.99 - 9.99. Their selection is just about as extensive as cdnow/amazon's too from what I've been able to tell

saw a few cool things while rummaging through the sale itmems just now, sometimes they have free shipping on orders over a certain $$ amount, but I didn't notice anything about that this time though

click were it says "music sale"

http://www.towerrecords.com/

Tx, Bloozie. Didn't even think of them.

Say, do you know of any good gateway drugs? I'm trying to plan my weekend.
January 12th, 2005 03:10 PM
SheRat I am hungover. The aspirin did not work.

The bartender kept refusing my money last night because of my Jim Beam belt buckle.

My bass player stole my last valium. What a prick.

January 12th, 2005 03:23 PM
Joey
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Where is egon???

www.KeithMoon.com

Shiver .................................
January 12th, 2005 11:10 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
January 13th, 2005 03:22 PM
nankerphelge Nice!

LONDON — A plan to let pubs stay open all night is stirring opposition in Britain — where the beer is still best served warm and before 11 p.m.

Opposition lawmakers and the police want the new law to be delayed until Britain brings violent and disruptive binge drinking (search) under control.

But the government says it will implement the law on schedule. Starting Feb. 7, pub and restaurant owners may apply for licenses to remain open around the clock. The extended hours will become effective in November, when the government issues an order in Parliament.

"We think it would not be sensible to proceed with 24-hour drinking until we have brought binge-drinking under control, " Conservative Party leader Michael Howard told British Broadcasting Corp on Thursday. "We think this bill should be postponed."

Few establishments are expected to stay open for 24 hours, and Prime Minister Tony Blair's (search) government believes that allowing them to choose closing times will encourage a more relaxed attitude to drinking, like that of continental Europeans.

As it now stands, many drinkers in Britain imbibe as much as they can as quickly as they can before the last call bell rings. Then they all stumble into the streets at the same time, often leading to fights and other drunken misbehavior.

Home Secretary Charles Clarke (search) agreed that binge drinking is a problem — but "that is not the same problem as the extension of licensing hours," he told British Broadcasting Corp. radio on Thursday.

"You have everybody coming out into the street looking for fast food, looking for cabs, and that is where scuffles and all the rest of it arise," Clarke said. "If you can phase the time at which the pubs and clubs close, you have a much easier problem to deal with."

The new laws, which also give police wider powers to deal with disruptive drinkers, have been criticized by Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir John Stevens as giving a license to heavy drinkers.

A senior judge said this week that easy access to alcohol was breeding "urban savages" who turned town centers into no-go areas at night.

Blair conceded in Parliament on Wednesday that Britain has a problem with binge drinking.

But he added, "My view of this is very clear: We should have the same flexibility that other countries have and then we should come down really hard on those who abuse that freedom and don't show the responsibility."
January 13th, 2005 04:33 PM
gypsy
quote:
SheRat wrote:
I am hungover. The aspirin did not work.

The bartender kept refusing my money last night because of my Jim Beam belt buckle.

My bass player stole my last valium. What a prick.

You are the shit! I have a Jack Daniels belt buckle.
And a brand new bottle of valium--10mg.
We need to party together.
January 13th, 2005 10:53 PM
Bloozehound Ian Mclagen and the Bump Band live ~ clever!

Guinness on tap ~ brilliant!

Boddingtons on tap ~ genius!

January 14th, 2005 05:38 AM
Zeeta where the beer is still best served warm and before 11 p.m. !

Cool!

I am fucked up tonight!

January 14th, 2005 07:21 AM
LadyJane Glad you are fucked up Zeeta. I'm planning on being majorly fucked up tonight (have to wait about 13 hours though). Been a rough week...emotionally drained, depressed, broke and just tired. I'll be toasting my RO drinking pals.

LJ.
January 14th, 2005 07:52 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Tobacco spit catches truck thief

A US man who stole a lorry was arrested after he choked on the truck driver's tobacco spit which he mistook for a drink.

The 26-year-old man stole the lorry, which had been left with the engine running, from a shopping centre in Vancouver, Washington.

He mistook the absent driver's tobacco-spit cup for a soft drink and took a swig, reports the Columbian.

The thief started choking and had to stop and call 911 for medical help, according to a Vancouver police department report.

Meanwhile, the driver, who had left the truck to wash his hands, had returned to see someone driving off and called police who quickly caught up with the man.

January 14th, 2005 12:02 PM
stewed & Keefed Day off work today,went to a Irish pub where the Guinness taste so sweet
January 14th, 2005 06:01 PM
sirmoonie Colleagues:

Congratulations on a fantastic 2004. I think we proved to everyone yet again why we are the best goddam drinking thread on the Web.

As we begin our 2005 drinking year, lets not forget those unfortunate souls who live in dry jurisdictions or who's god(s) prohibit The Drink. Keep their suffering in your hazy thoughts as long as you can this evening. Its the least we can do.

Regards,

sirmoonie
January 14th, 2005 09:07 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I think we proved to everyone yet again why we are the best goddam drinking thread on the web.

Well yeah. Just as long as noone promotes the consumption of ale....man I hate that stuff. (Of course I'd drink most anything in a bind.)
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
January 14th, 2005 10:21 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Well yeah. Just as long as noone promotes the consumption of ale....man I hate that stuff. (Of course I'd drink most anything in a bind.)
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]

Noone's a putz. He looks like John Daly and his band sucked.

I don't get it, Motsie. In terms of mass inebriation, ale is not that much different from lager, beer, and the rest of the concoctions we heap into the "beer" category. You would have to have a really sophisticated palate to weed out ale like you are doing.

Get a hold of some Ballentine's Ale, Motsie.
January 14th, 2005 10:26 PM
LadyJane What the Hell time did I post my intention to get lit? 15 hours ago???? WTF???

Well the time has finally come!!!!!!!!

What a week from HELL!!

If I hoist one for every tear I've shed this week, I'll be drinking for three days straight!!!!

Cheers, lushes!!

LJ.
January 14th, 2005 10:31 PM
Bloozehound Jack Daniels, If You Please

By David Allan Coe

JACK DANIELS IF YOU PLEASE KNOCK ME TO MY KNEES

YOUR THE ONLY FRIEND THERE'S HAS EVER BEEN

THAT DIDN'T DO ME WRONG

JACK DANIELS IF YOU PLEASE KNOCK ME TO MY KNEES

YOU CAN KILL THIS PAIN THAT'S DRIVING ME INSANE

SINCE MY BABIES GONE

CIGARETTES AND WHISKEY CALM MY SHAKING HANDS

I JUST LOST A LOVER TO A ONE NIGHT STAND

SOMETHING TEMPORARY TO LATE I HAD TO LEARN

IT WASN'T MEANT TO LAST, I LOST HER TO THE PAST

A BRIDGE SHE COULDN'T BURN

PROMISES WERE BROKEN DREAMS WERE TO DIE

EMPTY WORDS WERE SPOKEN TEARS WERE IN OUR EYES

SOMETHING TEMPORARY THOSE FEARS WILL FADE AWAY

PLEASE DO THE BEST YOU CAN TO HELP ME UNDERSTAND

THESE GAMES THAT PEOPLE PLAY

January 14th, 2005 11:33 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
What the Hell time did I post my intention to get lit? 15 hours ago???? WTF???

What a week from HELL!!

If I hoist one for every tear I've shed this week, I'll be drinking for three days straight!!!!

Cheers, lushes!!

LJ.

Cheers, LJ. Sorry about the week from hell.

Focus, though girl. You are VERY important to me, LJ. I want you to go back to the Drinking Step Program.

Step One (1): We are right, they are wrong.

Step Two (2): We have had time to reflect on their wrongness, and we are even more convinced about how right we are.

Step Three (3): We have admitted just how right we are to everyone who would listen to us.

Step Four (4): We became tired of thinking about their fucking bullshit, and decided it was time to think about us for a change.

Step Five (5): We fortified and nourished our blood stream some more.

Step Six (6): Check us out, muthafuckas!! Yeah, smoot bang moof! Its the fucking Stones, Jack!!! We beeee bornnnnnnn in a muthafuckin' huricannnnnnne!!!

Step Seven (7): Repeat Steps as necessary or as allowed per law.
January 14th, 2005 11:41 PM
gypsy
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Cheers, LJ. Sorry about the week from hell.

Focus, though girl. You are VERY important to me, LJ. I want you to go back to the Drinking Step Program.

Step One (1): We are right, they are wrong.

Step Two (2): We have had time to reflect on their wrongness, and we are even more convinced about how right we are.

Step Three (3): We have admitted just how right we are to everyone who would listen to us.

Step Four (4): We became tired of thinking about their fucking bullshit, and decided it was time to think about us for a change.

Step Five (5): We fortified and nourished our blood stream some more.

Step Six (6): Check us out, muthafuckas!! Yeah, smoot bang moof! Its the fucking Stones, Jack!!! We beeee bornnnnnnn in a muthafuckin' huricannnnnnne!!!

Step Seven (7): Repeat Steps as necessary or as allowed per law.

LJ, if we ever break the rules and decide to let a man into the © ROCC, it'll be sir-fucking-moonie!
January 14th, 2005 11:43 PM
parmeda
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
What the Hell time did I post my intention to get lit? 15 hours ago???? WTF???

What a week from HELL!!

Cheers, lushes!!

LJ.

Sorry to hear you're having a bad time, girlfriend...
Cheer up, dammit!
Place that red-head of yours on moonie's shoulder...it'll get better.

I'm in such a good mood that I just might explode from my happiness! (...story to be shared at a later time ) I am in a dire need of some champagne! It's going to have to wait until tomorrow...too damn friggen cold to go out right now. I'm settling for some cheap-ass white wine a friend left here yesterday. It's gonna have to do

January 14th, 2005 11:51 PM
LadyJane I hereby nominate Sirmoonie for membership in the ROCC!!

I shall heed your 7 steps.....and I thank you for always being a gentleman. We WILL drink together this year!!!!
Kisses to you for your kindness.

Well, well...the slots are all here. Thanks to you as well, my Sisters. Friends are the best medicine.

LJ.

PS..You are in a good mood, Miss Parmeda. That makes me happy.
[Edited by LadyJane]
January 15th, 2005 11:02 PM
Bloozehound let's drink!
January 15th, 2005 11:13 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
let's drink!

Get up! Get down!

Get into something new!
January 16th, 2005 07:18 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Colleagues:

Congratulations on a fantastic 2004. I think we proved to everyone yet again why we are the best goddam drinking thread on the Web.

As we begin our 2005 drinking year, lets not forget those unfortunate souls who live in dry jurisdictions or who's god(s) prohibit The Drink. Keep their suffering in your hazy thoughts as long as you can this evening. Its the least we can do.

Regards,

sirmoonie

Mooniester.....

you are the master.

W-W-W-W-W-What?!???? Oh sure:

http://www.moderndrunkardmagazine.com/issues/03_03/03-03_zen_drinking_alone.htm

Check it out folks!

Hey, did you ever listen to this?!?

I drink alone (George Thorogood/T. Santos)

I drink alone, yeah, with nobody else
I drink alone, yeah, with nobody else
Well you know when I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself

Now every morning just before breakfast, I don't want no coffee or tea
Just me and good Buddy Wiser, that's all I ever need
'Cause I drink alone, yeah, with nobody else
Yeah, you know when I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself

Yeah the other day I laid sleeping and I woke from a terrible dream
So I called up my friend Jack Daniel's and his partner Jimmy Beam
And we drank alone, yeah, with nobody else
Yes, you know when I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself

Yeah the other night I got invited to a party, but I stayed home instead
Just me and my pal Johnny Walker, and his brothers Black and Red
And we drank alone, yeah, with nobody else

You know when I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself

Now I have got me a pet up in my penthouse but he never does bothers me
He ain't no poodle, no pony, he's just a little old wild turkey
And we drink alone, yeah, with nobody else
That's the way I like it

Yeah, you know when I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself
Yes, you know when I drink alone, I don't want nobody else
I drink alone
January 16th, 2005 07:24 AM
J.J.Flash I just can't understand why everytime I'm "out of tune"......I always forget to post on this drinking thread. I mean.....I'm able to fuckin' up every other thread of this damn board.....but always forget to visit this helluva thread..... like last saturday, 01:30 AM:

http://www.novogate.com/board/968/207507-1.html

quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
From a very good and reliable source:

Daniel Grinbank (an important promotor in Argentina) already pre-booked six dates for 2006; four dates will be held in Argentina and the other two were sold to Perú (J. Ferrand) and Chile (Clavería)

Thanks Cucho!!

Apparently Venezuela and Colombia will be included and of course México and Brazil are in!

It's coming Maxy-.-- it's cooooooming!!!

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]

quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
I'm now so drunk....errr.I mean... so excited.... that I'm typing this with my drunk, rotten liver.......

"awrite Sissa........tap dat ass"

[Edited by J.J.Flash]
January 16th, 2005 07:28 AM
J.J.Flash Have you realized that with the last post I've become the brand new fucker breakin' the 2K edge......
January 16th, 2005 07:44 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Here's to ya Tom!!!!

January 16th, 2005 07:51 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

http://www.moderndrunkardmagazine.com/issues/03_03/03-03_zen_drinking_alone.htm

that's a beautiful article
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)