ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What? Oh sure...another drinking thread...Part 8 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
December 16th, 2004 03:48 PM
parmeda
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Well I said I could use a stiff one. You decide.

Girl? ...who are ya bullshittin'?
I KNOW BETTER!

...rotflmao

December 16th, 2004 03:50 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

You're telling me???!!! And smoking! Double whammy. I won't/can't quit either one. Oh well fuck it, bring on the undertaker.....whenever...whatever. I ain't going to worry about it.
December 16th, 2004 03:59 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
You're telling me???!!! And smoking! Double whammy. I won't/can't quit either one. Oh well fuck it, bring on the undertaker.....whenever...whatever. I ain't going to worry about it.

Yo, Motesie. Check one for the nation, niggie. At these up late times, hardcore before the bop gun. We unleash you a positive light. The bop gun can do you no harm. It frees your mind, so your kind can follow.

I'm so excited to start drinking tonight that my work is suffering almost as much as if I were already drunk.

Spluce!
December 16th, 2004 04:01 PM
Riffhard
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Riffy, tonight I shall pray that you made a spectacle of yourself...make me proud dammit!

Hit that martini bar for the full hour and not one minute less...proceed to the nearest table of "suits" only to climb upon said table and spout off that somebody pissed in the shot luge (this way, there's more for you!)...oh, and this would be a good time to tell anyone to fuck off, get it over and done with already! (You will be stress-free for the remainder of the evening ) Continue on to "work-the-room" in only the fashion YOU know best...drink, puff, drink, mingle, dance, drink more, puff yet again, dance (only this time, return to the suits' table and do it on there), refill the glass due to spillage...

You Rock, Riffy!

Oh! ...and eat!
Make sure you fit that in somewhere, 'cause I don't want to hear about a pukin' Riffhard tomorrow...lol

Pammy you are a woman after my own liver and I love ya for it! The shot luge trick sounds like a winner. God knows I can't let these drunken idiots that I work with drink all the Apple Berentzen! Suits beware! Pammy has set me on a mission! I won't dissapoint.

Riffhard
December 16th, 2004 04:14 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I'm so excited to start drinking tonight that my work is suffering almost as much as if I were already drunk.

I can relate to that. Since I started working for myself about a year and a half ago that problem was solved. Drink all fucking day if that's how the spirit leads. Of course the work DOES suffer, but thats just a secondary consideration.
December 16th, 2004 04:24 PM
parmeda
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Pammy you are a woman after my own liver and I love ya for it! The shot luge trick sounds like a winner. God knows I can't let these drunken idiots that I work with drink all the Apple Berentzen! Suits beware! Pammy has set me on a mission! I won't dissapoint.

Riffhard

I have 1000's of tricks, Riff!
I aim to please, babe...

Have a good time
December 17th, 2004 11:10 AM
LadyJane No way is this baby goin' to page 2 and all I'm drinking AT THE MOMENT is water!!!!

LJ.
December 17th, 2004 12:42 PM
gypsy
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
No way is this baby goin' to page 2 and all I'm drinking AT THE MOMENT is water!!!!

LJ.

I'm drinking Red Bull.
December 17th, 2004 01:54 PM
Nellcote UK Rocks Off Members: Watch Out!

Christmas crackdown on binge-drinking

1 hour, 5 minutes ago

LONDON (AFP) - Britain made merry-making with drunken excess grounds for a steep fine during the Christmas season, with the government attempting to rein in a worrying and widespread problem of binge-drinking.

Measures which take effect this weekend and run through January include raising the fines for disorderly behavior and allowing police officers to issue on-the-spot penalties for illegal alcohol sales to minors.

The effort to clean the streets for Christmas and New Year's follows a similar campaign last summer which led to more than 5,000 arrests, a drop in crime and a sting on bars and shops selling to boozing teenagers.

Fines for drunken, unruly behavior during the Christmas season have been raised from 50 pounds (97 dollars, 73 euros) to 80 pounds, and police officers will have free license to fine adults selling alcohol to minors or buying it for them.

The Home Office said it was also trying to extend the measures to allow police to force an immediate, 24-hour closure of premises caught selling alcohol to under-18s.

"The message is stark and simple: if you brawl in the street, urinate in a doorway or are sick in the curb, you could be slapped with an 80-pound fine," Richard Caborn, a junior minister in charge of alcohol licensing, said.

"Christmas is a time when people should be able to have a few drinks and enjoy themselves, but that should not be an excuse for violent and anti-social behaviour by a minority," added Hazel Blears, the junior Home Office minister who heads up policing.

For a sizeable proportion of Britons, binge-drinking is a weekend institution, with the young especially showing a greater taste for blind inebriation and its side effects than many of their European neighbors.

According to the Institute of Alcohol Studies (IAS), 48 percent of British men and 31 percent of women aged 19 to 24 admit to having been blind drunk at least twice a month during the past year.

Similarly, 38 percent of Britons of both sexes first got drunk before the age of 13, compared to just 12 percent of the French. Within Western Europe, only hard-drinking Danish and Finnish teens outrank the British under-18s, with a tally of 40 percent.

A public health definition of binge-drinking is the consumption of at least five standard-sized alcoholic drinks on one occasion.

The holiday campaign, being rolled out in 180 communities, will also add mobile medical units in two Welsh cities on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve, as well as this Friday, dubbed "Black Friday" by paramedics.

While the Labour-led government has put binge-drinking at the top of its domestic agenda, it has also had to balance its measures with the demands and influence of an enormous industry that includes 60,000 pubs.

In a sting operation carried out on 1,864 establishments as part of last summer's campaign, 45 percent of the bars and restaurants and 31 percent of the liquor stores were caught selling to minors.

But Blears said many bars were cooperating with the government initiative, ending all-you-can-drink deals and other promotions.

According to a December 2003 government, Britain lost 7.2 billion pounds due to binge-drinking-related crime, 1.2 billion pounds in terms of public health costs and 6.4 billion pounds was scraped off the economy due to some 17 million lost workdays.

As some brilliant former Stones pianist, who in '04 released a bang-up cd "Rise & Shine" once said...
"Praise the Lord-Pass the Bottle"

December 17th, 2004 04:59 PM
sirmoonie In approximately 30 minutes I will commence weekend style drinking.

Its gonna get ugly.
December 17th, 2004 07:03 PM
nankerphelge Time for some Brown Ale I'd say

Yabba Dabba Do.....

[nanky slides down the dinosaur]
December 17th, 2004 08:39 PM
nankerphelge Christmas crackdown on binge-drinking

Fri Dec 17,12:45 PM ET

LONDON (AFP) - Britain made merry-making with drunken excess grounds for a steep fine during the Christmas season, with the government attempting to rein in a worrying and widespread problem of binge-drinking [by Alex and Zeeta].

Measures which take effect this weekend and run through January include raising the fines for disorderly behavior and allowing police officers to issue on-the-spot penalties for illegal alcohol sales to minors [like Alex and Zeeta].

The effort to clean the streets for Christmas and New Year's follows a similar campaign last summer which led to more than 5,000 arrests [including Alex and Zeeta], a drop in crime and a sting on bars and shops selling to boozing teenagers [Alex and Zeeta].

Fines for drunken, unruly behavior during the Christmas season have been raised from 50 pounds (97 dollars, 73 euros) to 80 pounds, and police officers will have free license to fine adults selling alcohol to minors or buying it for them.

The Home Office said it was also trying to extend the measures to allow police to force an immediate, 24-hour closure of premises caught selling alcohol to under-18s [such as Alex and Zeeta].

"The message is stark and simple: if you [Alex and Zeeta] brawl in the street, urinate in a doorway [Zeeta only] or are sick in the curb [Alex only], you could be slapped with an 80-pound fine," Richard Caborn, a junior minister in charge of alcohol licensing, said.

"Christmas is a time when people [other than Alex and Zeeta] should be able to have a few drinks and enjoy themselves, but that should not be an excuse for violent and anti-social behaviour by a minority," added Hazel Blears, the junior Home Office minister who heads up policing.

For a sizeable proportion of Britons, binge-drinking is a weekend institution, with the young especially [Alex and Zeeta] showing a greater taste for blind inebriation and its side effects than many of their European neighbors.

According to the Institute of Alcohol Studies (IAS), 48 percent of British men and 31 percent of women aged 19 to 24 admit to having been blind drunk at least twice a month during the past year. Including a number of women that report being blind drunk and fondled by Alex and Zeeta.

Similarly, 38 percent of Britons of both sexes first got drunk before the age of 13, compared to just 12 percent of the French. Within Western Europe, only hard-drinking Danish and Finnish [like marko, that crazy bastard] teens outrank the British under-18s, with a tally of 40 percent.

A public health definition of binge-drinking is the consumption of at least five standard-sized alcoholic drinks on one occasion with either Alex or Zeeta.

The holiday campaign, being rolled out in 180 communities, will also add mobile medical units in two Welsh cities on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve, as well as this Friday, dubbed "Black Friday" by paramedics.

While the Labour-led government has put binge-drinking at the top of its domestic agenda, it has also had to balance its measures with the demands and influence of an enormous industry that includes 60,000 pubs.

In a sting operation carried out on 1,864 establishments as part of last summer's campaign, 45 percent of the bars and restaurants and 31 percent of the liquor stores were caught selling to Alex and Zeeta.

But Blears said many bars were cooperating with the government initiative, ending all-you-can-drink deals and other promotions for the two RO lads.

According to a December 2003 government, Britain lost 7.2 billion pounds due to binge-drinking-related crime, 1.2 billion pounds in terms of public health costs and 6.4 billion pounds was scraped off the economy due to some 17 million lost workdays.
December 18th, 2004 12:46 PM
sirmoonie Drinking eh?

Hmmmmm.....sounds interesting.

Yes, I believe I will have one.

Thank you. Thats very kind of you.

Hmmmmm........hey, thats nice. I feel all friendly and warm. This is quite pleasant.

Hey, is there anymore of this stuff when I finish this?

Say what, motherfucker? Well, where the fuck do I get more, ya fucking jackass?! I should fucking wrap your fucking ears around you neck for not having more of this stuff! Cocksucker! Get the fuck out of goddam my way!
December 18th, 2004 10:34 PM
Bloozehound 6 phat glasses of dark red wine while cooking up some chiles rellenos con camarones, w/ frijoles negros and a new combo I dub spanish-shrimp fried rice

now i must retire to the 4 B's: backporch, booze, bootleg and some burn
December 19th, 2004 05:31 PM
glencar http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/news/tm_objectid=14992379&method=full&siteid=106694&headline=girl-who-boozed-at-12-needs-new-liver-at-20-name_page.html
December 21st, 2004 06:37 AM
egon Guess where I found her....?

I was gonna leave for x-mas & new year, but now i'm just gonna stay here and take care of this thread. (since it seems no one else will...)
December 21st, 2004 06:43 AM
LadyJane egon....glencar's post about the young girl needing a new liver kinda scared me. NOT that I stopped drinking or anything.

I'm right here with ya, as always!

LJ.
December 21st, 2004 07:21 AM
egon LJ,

I vote for today being the last day of the year.
From here on it's gonna be one looooong 31st of december.
champagne for everyone
Are you with me? I know I am!
December 21st, 2004 07:47 AM
LadyJane Sure egon! Although, I have to work today, tomorrow and Thursday. But then I'm on vacation until Jan 4!!! Yippy!!

LJ.
December 22nd, 2004 11:09 AM
nankerphelge egon, I think it was a smart idea to declare it the end of the year!

I had a few Brown Ales last night to celebrate!

December 22nd, 2004 11:19 AM
Joey
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Sure egon! Although, I have to work today, tomorrow and Thursday. But then I'm on vacation until Jan 4!!! Yippy!!

LJ.

Me too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An entire week of " No Posting " ..................Oh , the Humanity !

The horror ..........................

THE HORROR ...........................

" Stones Rule You Punk Ass Bastards ! "

J. �
December 22nd, 2004 12:34 PM
egon
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
egon, I think it was a smart idea to declare it the end of the year!
I had a few Brown Ales last night to celebrate!

I know my friend, it's working out quite nicely for me as well.

should have thought about it years ago!
December 22nd, 2004 01:02 PM
LadyJane egon..start saving your $$$. You MUST be in attendance at the RO gathering next year in Chicago. The Drinking Thread regulars INSIST you be there to hoist beverages with us!!!

LJ.
December 22nd, 2004 01:15 PM
jb Stop these threads..enough is enough!
December 22nd, 2004 01:17 PM
Some Guy Drinking coffee... from Dunkin Donuts!
December 22nd, 2004 01:20 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
Stop these threads..enough is enough!

jb I am glad you are "back on the bottle"

Welcome home

I will see you at RO Fest '05 in Chicago along with all those hot women from Europe

We will all go to Chess Studios together and see where The Stones recorded their classics on S. Michigan Ave.

I have a limo service already lined up

tele
December 22nd, 2004 01:23 PM
jb
quote:
telecaster wrote:

jb I am glad you are "back on the bottle"

Welcome home

I will see you at RO Fest '05 in Chicago along with all those hot women from Europe

We will all go to Chess Studios together and see where The Stones recorded their classics on S. Michigan Ave.

tele

Chicago is a great city, but it's a very long flight and I don't know if I can handle it
December 22nd, 2004 01:23 PM
LadyJane
quote:
telecaster wrote:

tele

And what about the HOT AMERICAN women??? Do we get our own limo?

Hmmmmmmmmmm????

LJ.
December 22nd, 2004 01:25 PM
glencar RO thing in Chicago? What happened to Miami? Or Brazil?
December 22nd, 2004 01:29 PM
Some Guy Come to Atlanta. It's centrally located and we have a great airport and hotels.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood