ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What? Oh sure...another drinking thread...Part 8 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
November 18th, 2004 03:54 PM
Bloozehound just checking in

The bloozemobile had an itchy nose last night, and a thirst for dark whisky
November 19th, 2004 05:59 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Coffee beer that offers a perc-me-up
By David Derbyshire, Consumer Affairs Editor

Two of the more traditional hangover cures have been combined into a single drink � a beer made with coffee.

The brew, which contains the same amount of caffeine as a cappuccino, has been launched as a lunchtime pick-me-up as well as a more sophisticated evening accompaniment to chocolate and desserts.

Its makers, the micro-brewery Meantime, based in Greenwich, London, warn that it is not a beer to get drunk on, not least because its high caffeine content could leave drinkers feeling hyperactive.

Peter Haydon, of Meantime, described the drink, which goes on sale in Sainsbury's from today, as a "dark mellow beer" with hints of vanilla and malt.

It has around four per cent alcohol and is ideally served chilled.
November 19th, 2004 09:19 AM
nankerphelge Like a liquid speedball!

None for me thanks!

November 19th, 2004 09:35 AM
Zeeta Hi I'm off to Otley Beer Festival tonight - obviously I will only drink responsibly...No way would I just drink everything!
November 19th, 2004 10:46 AM
sirmoonie One more hit ought to do it.
This joint? Sheeeeit, ain't nothin' to it.
One more for the road.....
November 19th, 2004 10:59 AM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Like a liquid speedball!

Jaggerbomb ?!?!?!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ! Tasty !

S- S- S- S- Skittles Joe ! �
November 19th, 2004 05:03 PM
Snappy McJack Gonna hit some Killians and Newcastle tonight, bitch.
November 19th, 2004 05:18 PM
Nellcote Blooze, I'd like a "where is she now" update of the Heiniken chick from the previous page, when you get time..
November 19th, 2004 08:22 PM
egon i'm back on track!
November 19th, 2004 10:25 PM
LadyJane Absolute and Tonic with a twist of lemon.

I forsee a hangover in my future.

Cheers All!!

LJ.
November 20th, 2004 03:36 AM
Bloozehound I'm officially nominating myself as the Rocks Off King of Texas Hold'em (and whisky drinking SOB)

Hey at least I'm diplomatic

No one actually crowned the Stones as the greatest Rock no Roll in the world either, but we all know it's true!

November 20th, 2004 04:45 AM
Bloozehound oh yeah, check thees, I nominate her for Rocks Off bartendres of the year

http://www.virtualbartender.beer.com/beer_usa.htm

personally I'd like to see more scantily clad vixens in this thread
November 20th, 2004 11:36 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
oh yeah, check thees, I nominate her for Rocks Off bartendres of the year

http://www.virtualbartender.beer.com/beer_usa.htm

Let there be no mistake, bloozehound, it can be difficult coming down off acid. All these "Acid Cowboys" on the board are just doing a macho act.

The best way to handle things are to have at least three good buds on hand. Burn the first one just when you feel like you are coming off your peak, do another one about an hour or so later, and do the last one later on if things still get hairy. Also, drink lots of water because you've probably whacked down at least 15 beers by this point. Refrain from further boozing if you can, and let the THC do its job on the lysergic. White, obviously, should be completely avoided when coming down - no blow after the show, I always say.

Do these things, and you will probably make it down in one piece. Acid doesn't have to be painful, if you show it the proper respect.
November 20th, 2004 11:57 AM
egon Saturday night - Herman Brood

The neon light, of the "Open all night",
was just in time replaced by the magic appearance of a new day-while,
a melancholic Reno was crawling on his back just in,
front of the supermarket door-way child
Hey girl, on a cold summernight,
as we stood on the corner,
as a man passed by and asked us,
what we were doing what we need,
as he pointed his big fat finger
to the people hangin round at the corner of the - other side of street
Oh well

doin' nothing, just hanging around,
what do you mean doin' nothing Sir.
So we had to hit him to the ground,
doin' nothing just hanging around.
His head all busted lookin' just a lttle to wise child

Chorus:
I just can't wait
I just can't wait for saturday night
for saturday night
for saturday night
saturday night

bit with solo:
saturday night
saturday night
saturday night

Chorus:
I just can't wait
I just can't wait

November 20th, 2004 01:00 PM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

November 20th, 2004 02:28 PM
Bloozehound
November 20th, 2004 03:10 PM
Snappy McJack Aaah, what a board. Bring it, baby!
November 20th, 2004 03:12 PM
LadyJane Something for the RO women!!!! Let's be fair!!!

LJ.
November 20th, 2004 07:36 PM
Snappy McJack
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Let there be no mistake, bloozehound, it can be difficult coming down off acid. All these "Acid Cowboys" on the board are just doing a macho act.

The best way to handle things are to have at least three good buds on hand. Burn the first one just when you feel like you are coming off your peak, do another one about an hour or so later, and do the last one later on if things still get hairy. Also, drink lots of water because you've probably whacked down at least 15 beers by this point. Refrain from further boozing if you can, and let the THC do its job on the lysergic. White, obviously, should be completely avoided when coming down - no blow after the show, I always say.

Do these things, and you will probably make it down in one piece. Acid doesn't have to be painful, if you show it the proper respect.

Hey moonie, did you see Jermaine O'Neal slide and deck that Pistons fan? Holy shit, Artest ran up the seats and attacked some beer throwin' flipknits. What a mess.
[Edited by Snappy McJack]
November 20th, 2004 08:03 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Gimme one... gimme two Gypsy!! (I mean new castles... not the ones you're thinking)

November 20th, 2004 11:23 PM
Bloozehound i thinks miss gypsy would look sweeter by that bar with something on her ta ta's

|
|
|
V

cough cough! photoshop! cough
November 21st, 2004 12:03 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Snappy McJack wrote:

Hey moonie, did you see Jermaine O'Neal slide and deck that Pistons fan? Holy shit, Artest ran up the seats and attacked some beer throwin' flipknits. What a mess.
[Edited by Snappy McJack]

Caught that, McJackie. Figuratively, an ugly slide into hock-ass-ism. Seriously, I hope the league bans Artest for a year - send a message that there a thousands of run and gun/powerball idiots for the American public to chose from. Don't quit your day job type sitch.

The long term torment is watching Nash in Phoenix.

"There was something there, Ronnie!"
November 21st, 2004 05:50 AM
egon "It's the sunday morning after and baby who the hell are you?"
November 21st, 2004 07:50 AM
stewed & Keefed Today with lunch

November 21st, 2004 08:55 AM
nankerphelge Very nice S&K!

I tipped a bit of that myself last night and I am a better man for it today!
November 21st, 2004 10:08 AM
LadyJane Warning....Do NOT talk to gypsy on the phone late at night. You laugh so hard....and have so much fun...that you keep drinking and drinking and......gotta go back to bed.

***************ABRUPT END OF TRANSMISSION******************

LJ.
November 21st, 2004 11:47 PM
sirmoonie God is merciless. Even idiots know that. So when you get to thumb your nose in god's face, I say go for it.

Best way to do it? Sunday drinking.

Here it is, ya omnipotent bastard! Right fucking here! I'm on the planet YOU created, getting parboiled on the fruit of YOUR blessed largess!

"Pie in your eye, Ronnie!"
November 21st, 2004 11:59 PM
gypsy Thanks, LJ! You are funny too...I ended up staying up quite late as well...and I'll have, like, giggling Tourette's, and Jason gives me ****blank friggin' stares**** like no man's business.

Sirmoonie is angry with God. I'm sorry God has been cruel to you.
Anyway, what's up with your people, Sirmoonie? First, the Vibe awards fracas, the Pacers/Pistons fisticuffs w/ the crowd, and now the Clemson/South Carolina melee.
Whitey must be shakin' in hit boots.
November 22nd, 2004 12:17 AM
Poplar
Curently enjoying a few Irish Coffees.
pre "Jon Spencer Blues Explosion" festivities.

Anyone ever seen/heard of 'em?

November 22nd, 2004 03:46 PM
luxury1 Looks like I STILL cant drink moderately........woke up from our recent Open House soiree to find my tights strewn across the kitchen table (well, actually, Throbby found them there, and was wondering what the hell happened, as he "left" the party a wee bit early for a date with the bathroom floor). Y'all shoulda bin there.........
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood