ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What? Oh sure...another drinking thread...Part 8 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
November 22nd, 2004 05:13 PM
nankerphelge Those were tights!

I thought that was the tablecloth!
November 22nd, 2004 05:15 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Those were tights!

I thought that was the tablecloth!

You make Joey smile �
November 22nd, 2004 05:16 PM
luxury1 Tablecloth, hummpf!!
(I'd watch the calories myself, buckshot, those recent pics........)
November 22nd, 2004 05:19 PM
nankerphelge Nah, the camera just adds a few pounds!

(As opposed to the kitchen table, which apparently supports a few pounds!!)
[Edited by nankerphelge]
November 22nd, 2004 05:59 PM
Joey
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Tablecloth, hummpf!!
(I'd watch the calories myself, buckshot, those recent pics........)

You make Joey smile �
November 22nd, 2004 07:43 PM
LadyJane Damn..sounds like we missed quite the soiree!!!

LJ.
November 22nd, 2004 11:01 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Sirmoonie is angry with God. I'm sorry God has been cruel to you.
Anyway, what's up with your people, Sirmoonie? First, the Vibe awards fracas, the Pacers/Pistons fisticuffs w/ the crowd, and now the Clemson/South Carolina melee.
Whitey must be shakin' in hit boots.

God has always been very, very good to me, Gyps. I'm cogno that you can't just grease a dozen or so possession/assault/D&D-RAs without a little help from above.

"Its the new priesthood, Ronnie!"
November 23rd, 2004 04:05 PM
LadyJane In a most appropriate gesture, LJ has been asked to bring beverages to the family Thanksgiving festivities.

In addition to Soda (or POP as we call it here in Western New York,) and Bottled Water (to quench the thirst after Turkey) I shall be bringing Absolute Vodka AND....Heineken. Lots of Heineken. Good choice??? Remember..I DON'T drink beer!

I looked for Newcastle Brown Ale, but, alas, none found in these parts.

LJ.
November 23rd, 2004 05:18 PM
gypsy You damn yanks and your so-called "Pop" make me sick!
I think the country fucks down here just call it all "cola."
I just call it "soda."
November 24th, 2004 09:42 AM
Joey

You make Joey smile .�
November 24th, 2004 12:54 PM
egon Tomorrow is thursday.
Tomorrow is also my last day of the (work) week.
And only Tuesday will be the 1st of the next!
Do you see what I'm getting at?
November 24th, 2004 12:56 PM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:
Do you see what I'm getting at?

{{{{{{{{ JAGGERBOMB }}}}}}}}}} ?!?!?!
November 25th, 2004 11:18 AM
egon FINISHED!!! My work here is done.
(until next Tuesday that is)

And now it's time for the weekend.

[Edited by egon]
November 27th, 2004 02:03 AM
Bloozehound ~~~~~~Ha~~~~~~~

November 27th, 2004 03:33 AM
beer I don't visit these drinking threads vrey often. But, I do believe the way forward is...................
........ CHEAP RED WINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
November 27th, 2004 06:32 AM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
beer wrote:
I don't visit these drinking threads vrey often. But, I do believe the way forward is...................
........ CHEAP RED WINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's Do It
November 28th, 2004 07:31 AM
beer I take it back. I do not endorse red wine. As a matter of fact, i hope none of ya take part in it. just for the record, i consumed soo much, i became maniacal. I'm not joking. No more for me. please, Avoid at all costs............
November 28th, 2004 01:29 PM
nankerphelge Try this:

MEXICO CITY (AP) - Tequila is suffering an identity crisis: The original poor man's liquor has earned status and trademark protection, but now must fight to defend its name and its niche in a fickle international marketplace.
Mexican authorities are working at two levels - to shut out the imitators, while at the same time legalize flavored varieties, at the risk of enraging the purists. Watermelon flavor? In a globalized world, it seems, anything goes.

The problems started in the 1990s when tequila's popularity soared, creating a scarcity of its source, the agave plant. Agave prices soared by 1,600 percent, tequila production dropped by about a quarter, and the price of a good tequila shot above $20 per bottle.

So began the agave rush. Mexican farmers planted so many that prices are falling again, threatening a tequila glut in about three years.

Now the Tequila Regulatory Council has proposed following vodka's example and allowing flavoring - though not in the pure, 100 percent agave variety, only in the lesser blends.

Flavoring isn't expected to be a big hit in Mexico.

"The consumer here is very demanding and very traditionalist," said Alberto Becharano of the Tequilas de La Donas distillery.

But Dave McQueen's Nevada-based Tukys company plans to start selling five flavors of tequila - watermelon, lime, coffee, strawberry and orange - in the United States this year.

"The only ones who don't like it are the Mexicans," he said.

Taste tests in the United States indicate the flavored products like watermelon margaritas are a hit among women aged 21 to 35.

That demographic has even mainline bottlers interested.

"We see this as a business opportunity," said Cristobal Mariscal, external affairs director for Jose Cuervo, one of the largest tequila makers.

Mariscal, however, refused to confirm whether Cuervo is working on a flavor line.

While the flavored tequilas may soak up part of the agave glut, there is a bigger problem: thousands of farmers who grow agave in states that fall outside tequila's 1997 domain-area law.

During the agave shortage, these farmers began producing new, cheaper drinks with made-up names like "distilled agave" or "elixir of agave."

The Tequila Regulatory Council has now asked the government to crack down on the near-tequilas and plans a poster campaign urging consumers to buy only the real thing.

Elitist? Not at all, insisted Ramon Gonzalez, the council's director.

"We're going to have products for every social class," he pledged. "We're not going to abandon the common man here in Mexico, because that's where tequila's roots are."

But makers of near-tequila "are using symbols and terms that refer to tequila, like '100 percent agave' and 'reposado' (aged) and we feel they are deceiving the public," he said.

"If you ask anybody about agave, they think tequila. But these drinks have nothing to do with tequila."

Becharano insisted there's no difference.

"I can tell a lot of things about a tequila from tasting it," said Becharano, "but I can't distinguish where the agave was grown, and I don't think there are many people who can."

His company makes a smooth, 100 percent agave liquor from plants grown outside the domain area, and a "destilado," a 51-percent agave drink. Becharano acknowledged the new breed of products should be regulated, but said overprotection would hurt farmers from non-tequila regions.

Jose Cuervo's Mariscal suggested the new agave drinks could be identified as mescal.

But Becharano noted that mescal has an overpowering taste which has prevented it from gaining much popularity outside Mexico; nor has the marketing gimmick of putting a worm in the bottle helped it much.

At any rate, most destilados stay in Mexico, aimed at a market that cannot afford tequila.

Some are of such dubious quality they are believed to be crudely blended in plastic basins in private homes. One such bottler - who had no listed number - gave his product a name apparently intended to match the liquor's effects: "Vertigo."
November 28th, 2004 11:17 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
beer wrote:
I take it back. I do not endorse red wine. As a matter of fact, i hope none of ya take part in it. just for the record, i consumed soo much, i became maniacal. I'm not joking. No more for me. please, Avoid at all costs............

Hmmm, well your handle is "beer"...

November 29th, 2004 12:22 PM
egon i'm all boozed out...
November 29th, 2004 12:38 PM
LadyJane
quote:
egon wrote:
i'm all boozed out...

ME too...egon! It was a four day weekend of drinking and hangovers!!! Today...I'm drying out. Tonight...who knows???

PS...Your little green friends were a big hit at the family Thanksgiving Dinner.

LJ.
November 30th, 2004 03:05 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Some are of such dubious quality they are believed to be crudely blended in plastic basins in private homes. One such bottler - who had no listed number - gave his product a name apparently intended to match the liquor's effects: "Vertigo."

ha! the good stuff!

December 1st, 2004 09:57 AM
LadyJane What is this doing on PAGE 2??? The horror...the shame.

I admit I overdid it this past weekend, but I'm not on the wagon just yet!!!

Coffee at the present time, though.

LJ.
December 1st, 2004 10:01 AM
Joey
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
What is this doing on PAGE 2??? The horror...the shame.

I admit I overdid it this past weekend, but I'm not on the wagon just yet!!!

Coffee at the present time, though.

LJ.

" Hello Stranger Lyrics
Artist: Yvonne Elliman "

" shoo-bop, shoo-bop, my baby)
(shoo-bop, shoo-bop)

Hello, stranger
(ooh) It seems so good to see you back again
How long has it been?
(ooh, seems like a mighty long time)
(shoo-bop, shoo-bop, my baby, ooh)
It seems like a mighty long time

Oh-uh-oh, I my, my, my, m
I'm so glad
You stopped by to say "hello" to me
Remember that's the way it used to be
Ooh, it seems like a mighty long time
(shoo-bop, shoo-bop, my baby, ooh)

Oh-ahh-uh-oh
If you're not gonna stay
(ooh) Please don't treat me like you did before
Because I still love you so a-a-although
Shoo-bop, shoo-bop, my baby, ooh
It seems like a mighty long time ....( fade to Steelie ) "

....like an angel !

{ � }

December 1st, 2004 10:06 AM
egon Ppage 2? PAGE 2???!!!!
why wasn't I informed? Why? WHY? WHYYYYYYY????
December 1st, 2004 10:17 AM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:
Ppage 2? PAGE 2???!!!!
why wasn't I informed? Why? WHY? WHYYYYYYY????

For Egon ! :

" If I Can't Have You
Artist: Yvonne Elliman "

" Don't know why
I'm survivin' ev'ry lonely day
When there's got to be no chance for me
My life would end
And it doesn't matter how I cry
My tears, so far, are a waste of time
If I turn away
Am I strong enough to see it through
Go crazy is what I will do

If I can't have you
I don't want nobody, baby
If I can't have you...uh-huh, oh
If I can't have you
I don't want nobody, baby
If I can't have you...uh-hoh
Oh...da, da, da, da, da, da, da, da, da, da, da
Oooh, oooh
Aahhhh! Aahhhh!

Can't let go and it doesn't matter how I try
I gave it all so easily to you my love
To dreams that never will come true
Am I strong enough to see it through
Go crazy is what I will do

(Oh!

Aahhhh! Aahhhh!

Oh! "

December 1st, 2004 09:09 PM
LadyJane Who's buying???

NEW YORK (AFP) - New York's Algonquin Hotel, once the haunt of 1920s literarti like Dorothy Parker, is making a fresh bid for notoriety by offering a 10,000-dollar martini cocktail.

The vodka, vermouth and olives are much the same as in any martini, but the twist lies in the "ice" -- in this case a diamond from the hotel's in-house jeweler, the Daily News reported Wednesday.

The cocktail, with the diamond nestling in the bottom of the glass, must be ordered three days in advance and the final price can vary according to the size and quality of the diamond.

In the inter-war period, the Algonquin was famous for hosting it's "round table" regulars led by Parker, whose oft-quoted witticisms included: "I love a martini -- but two at the most. Three, I'm under the table; four, I'm under the host."

LJ
the Dorothy Parker of RO
December 2nd, 2004 02:24 PM
parmeda That settles it!
The RO gathering will be in Chicago...I would hate like hell to have jb buy me a drink (...and we all know how I fancy the Martini's), and have this happen, lol
December 3rd, 2004 09:48 AM
egon did anyone get the licence plate...?
December 3rd, 2004 09:50 AM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:
did anyone get the licence plate...?

Egon ..............................

What we drinking tonight Brother ?!?!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood