ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What? Oh sure...another drinking thread...Part 8 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
December 3rd, 2004 09:53 AM
egon not WHAT my young friend, but HOW MUCH!
December 3rd, 2004 10:18 AM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:
not WHAT my young friend, but HOW MUCH!

Amen My Stones Brother !

...You are much loved by the Joey .

The Passion of the Joey ! �
December 3rd, 2004 12:10 PM
nankerphelge AUBURN, Maine � Drug agents are investigating how a 20-pound bale of marijuana got mixed in with a truckload of watermelons that were delivered to the Good Shepherd Food-Bank (search).

A volunteer came across the marijuana (search) while picking through the watermelons Thursday afternoon. The man said the marijuana, which was neatly wrapped with packing tape, was loaded near the front end of a tractor-trailer that was delivering the watermelons to the food bank's warehouse.

After the bale was discovered, the Maine Drug Enforcement Agency (search) was called. An agent quizzed the man who found the bale but quickly determined he had nothing to do with the illegal shipment.

"It was definitely bizarre," the volunteer, who didn't want to be identified, told the Sun Journal of Lewiston.

When investigators came to the warehouse, the bale had been unloaded and the truck driver was gone.

Agents said they were looking for the driver in the Boston area, but they don't think he had anything to do with the marijuana, either.

More likely, a drug trafficker thousands of miles away in Mexico loaded the pot and either forgot about it or was forced to abandon the shipment, they said. The source of the pot isn't expected to be located.

December 3rd, 2004 12:20 PM
egon nank!

good to see you.

I need help.
one of my friends sent me below email this morning. what should I reply?

Anyone up for the REM concert on 11th Jan? I don't really like them that much but it is something different to drinking crap beer in a fake irish pub...

as always your input will be highly appreciated!

December 3rd, 2004 12:22 PM
nankerphelge I think drinking crap beer in a fake Irish pub is much better than listening to Stipe's whiny little voice.

The only happy shiny person I care to deal with is gyspy slathered in oil!!!
December 3rd, 2004 12:28 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

The only happy shiny person I care to deal with is gyspy slathered in oil!!!

Baby Steel Magnolia ?!?!

W- W- W- W- What ?!?!

www.HowardStern.com
December 3rd, 2004 12:29 PM
nankerphelge Putin's silverware disinfected with vodka

NEW DELHI, Dec. 3 (UPI) -- The silverware used by Russian President Vladimir Putin during his ongoing visit to India reportedly is being disinfected with copious amounts of vodka.

Russian security sleuths will use the liquor to wash knives and forks to be used by Putin and his wife, Lyudmila, Indo Asian News Service reported, quoting an employee of the Maurya Sheraton Hotel in New Delhi where the Russian leader is staying.

"The silverware was washed with vodka and then dried with a towel," the employee said.

Putin is known to drink a little, unlike his predecessor, Boris Yeltsin, whose relationship with the alcohol made headlines a few times.

Washing dishes with vodka is part of the elaborate security arrangements for Putin who is under threat from Chechen Islamic rebels.

Putin has escaped at least three assassination attempts, including one as recently as Sept. 18 when his security personnel defused two car bombs on a regular route he takes to the Kremlin.

December 3rd, 2004 01:34 PM
LadyJane I will now replace Cascade with Stoli!

LJ.
December 3rd, 2004 09:38 PM
sirmoonie I just drank a bottle of red wine in six minutes.

Meet me in the Bravenet chat room and I'll tell you everything you need to know about anything. I'll sort your ass out whether you need it or not. Trust me.
December 4th, 2004 07:12 AM
beer cheap whiskey = typing with one finger.

blahhhhh........
December 4th, 2004 07:20 AM
egon last night in the pub; 1 full hour of stones music.
heaven!
December 4th, 2004 02:44 PM
sirmoonie Baron Egon, do they have drive-through liquor stores where you live? I like drive-through liquor stores. The deal is, you drive in, buy some liquor, and drive out. Its really awesome.
December 4th, 2004 02:54 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Baron Egon, do they have drive-through liquor stores where you live? I like drive-through liquor stores. The deal is, you drive in, buy some liquor, and drive out. Its really awesome.

My doctors and pharmacists are kind of like that.
December 4th, 2004 03:11 PM
sirmoonie Good point there, Motsie. Actually I think they are modeled on the modern carwash. Except that you get liquor instead of getting your car washed. And it doesn't take as long. The drive-through liquor store I mean. The drive-through liquor store doesn't take as long as the carwash. Unless you get one of those fucking retard clerks. Then it can approach the carwash, at least in the temporal aspect.

But even with a retard clerk, there is significant utility to the drive-through liquor store. Like for instance, if your wife says "Did you hit a few bars on the way home? You're staggering like a Pawnee injun on welfare check day." Then you can look her cross in the eye and deny any of that particular brand of malfeasance.
December 4th, 2004 03:49 PM
Bloozehound Great topic moonie

They have something like that around here called the "Beverage Barn", you drive through this big, red barn and order the goods, but they only sell beer, wine and kegs. And there's nothing that special about the beer selection, Becks and Heineken dark are probably the most unusual imports.

I usually drive through them and pick up a 6 pack-to-go when I'm on a roadtrip, there's something so cool about having your beer served to you that way.

I remember back in college when me and my buddies were underage, we'd drive to this one in the barrio cause they'd sell to us, they sold cold cases of longnecks, iced down in the cardboard box ready to go like an ice chest, it was kinda their little gimmick, we'd pull in, pop the trunk, tell the vato to fill her up.......with beer!

We used to think that was so cool.

ah the memories
[Edited by Bloozehound]
December 5th, 2004 06:13 AM
egon Moonie,

what a fantastic little story. so YOU don't even have to get out of the car to get wasted?! Beautiful.
I have to go to a bar to get my booze. it's such a hassle. lots of people, smoke and loud music. and the prices...!

Speaking of bars; I ain't never drinking again in my life. well at least until next thursday....

Oh and Nank, thanks for the reply. So it's confirmed now; REM sucks great big hairy balls.

Thank you please.
December 5th, 2004 08:44 AM
stewed & Keefed Bottles and Bottles of Tiger Beer
December 6th, 2004 12:29 PM
egon SLIPPING AWAY
(M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Guess it's just another dream
That's slipping away
Each time I fall asleep
It seems I'm just drifting away
Just as yo have touched my heart
Babe I wake and we're apart
Yeah and it's slipping away

Here comes just another day
That's drifting away
Every time I draw a breath
It's dying away
First the sun and then the moon
One of them will be around soon
Slipping away
Slipping away

Drifting away
Slipping away

Just as you have touched my heart
I wake up babe and we're apart
It seems we're slipping away
Slipping away
Slipping away

All I want is ecstasy
But I ain't getting much
Just getting off on misery
It seems I've lost my touch

Well it's just another song
But it's slipping away
We we didn't sing it long
'Cos it's fading away
First the sun and then the moon
One of them will be round soon
Slipping away
Slipping away
Slipping away

December 7th, 2004 08:47 AM
egon SLIPPING AWAAAAAAAAAAY HEEEEE HEEEE HEEEEEEE. (again)
December 7th, 2004 09:32 AM
LadyJane Oh now this is sad. Have the RO lushes resorted to posting song lyrics to keep the Drinking thread alive?

I, for one, am keeping up my end of the deal. I'm currently in negotiations with Schmirnoff to get a discount for buying in large quantites.

Gulp, gulp.

LJ.
December 7th, 2004 09:50 AM
telecaster
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Oh now this is sad. Have the RO lushes resorted to posting song lyrics to keep the Drinking thread alive?

I, for one, am keeping up my end of the deal. I'm currently in negotiations with Schmirnoff to get a discount for buying in large quantites.

Gulp, gulp.

LJ.

LJ have you tried the Smirnoff 100 Proof?

Simply outstanding

WARNING: The difference (strength) between the 80 proof and 100 proof is multiplied exponetially, whatever the hell exponetially means. Be carefull
December 7th, 2004 10:25 AM
LadyJane I generally stick to 80 proof (the Red bottle) But since I'm really a blue state kinda girl, perhaps the 100 proof (the Blue bottle) deserves a shot (pardon the pun).

Thanks tele....hope to get drunk with you some day very soon!!

LJ.
December 7th, 2004 10:36 AM
Sir Stonesalot You know, there is just nothing quite the same as a freshly drawn, properly poured, pint of Guinness. Freshly poured Guinness served in a pint glass??? Brilliant!!

It also goes well with grilled meat products.

Moonie...

Not only do we have a drive through beer store(you can only buy consumer packaged high test hooch and wine from the state), we also have a drive through cigarette outlet, AND a whole bunch of 24 hour bait machines...at least 2 of said machines can be accessed without getting out of your vehicle.

You can get a tub of fresh meal worms, blood worms, wax worms, night crawlers, maggots, even crickets and grasshoppers, 24-7-365! Sometimes you have to wait in line for your bait.

Right now, where I live, the question on everyone's lips..."Didjagityerdeeryet"? If you reply with something like, "I don't hunt", you must be prepared for a 30 minute lecture on why all real and true American men must go deer hunting. And that if you don't hunt then you must be some kind of faggot. If you just reply with "no", then you must be prepared for a 30 minute diatribe on how the game commission is ruining the hunting for everyone. You can always lie and say you did indeed gityerdeer, but then YOU are expected to ramble off a 30 minute story about how you gotyerdeer, followed by a 30 minute story about how THEY either gotmuhdeer or mizdmuhdeer(It seems that everyone misses their shot because they were either pissing or taking a dump when the deer show up....). The only thing that seems to work is to say that you got drunk whilst playing poker, passed out, and slept through the first day, got drunk again, passed out again, and slept through the second day, and then had to go back to work because your asshole boss wouldn't give you any more time off. Then you just get a knowing nod.

December 7th, 2004 10:46 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Not many people in Maine got deer this year. In fact alot of guys didn't even see one. I haven't hunted for years myself. We are being overrun with wild turkeys though....them f#@kers are everywhere. It's going to be awful hard bumming venison this year.
December 7th, 2004 11:33 AM
Sir Stonesalot So Motsie, you are awash in wild turkey? I'd rather be awash in Jack Daniels, but hey, why look a gift horse in the mouth!

My freezer is already packed with fresh venison. Burger, steaks, chops, even bologna. My wife's family are all hunters, and most of the guys I work with are hunters. 2 cops traded me venison for music. I burn a few CDs and get a cooler full of meat in return! Much easier than having to go out in the woods myself!

I was a hunter for 3 years. In my 3rd year I shot a 6 point buck, and a doe. I then discovered that shooting a deer involved a lot of hard, messy, work after the fact. That was the last time. The reason I don't hunt doesn't have anything to do with animal rights, or anyhing like that....it's just that I'm lazy.
December 7th, 2004 11:58 AM
Joey
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
So Motsie, you are awash in wild turkey? I'd rather be awash in Jack Daniels, but hey, why look a gift horse in the mouth!

My freezer is already packed with fresh venison. Burger, steaks, chops, even bologna. My wife's family are all hunters, and most of the guys I work with are hunters. 2 cops traded me venison for music. I burn a few CDs and get a cooler full of meat in return! Much easier than having to go out in the woods myself!

I was a hunter for 3 years. In my 3rd year I shot a 6 point buck, and a doe. I then discovered that shooting a deer involved a lot of hard, messy, work after the fact. That was the last time. The reason I don't hunt doesn't have anything to do with animal rights, or anyhing like that....it's just that I'm lazy.

December 9th, 2004 07:01 AM
egon page 2...

I give up!
December 9th, 2004 07:51 AM
beer I just heard that dimebag Darryl, from Pantera, was shot to death onstage. Is this true???

-
December 9th, 2004 07:53 AM
LadyJane Don't fret egon! The Holidays are coming and you know what that means......lots and lots of toasting...lots and lots of hangovers!!!

LJ
Most posts on the current Drinking Thread
December 9th, 2004 07:54 AM
beer Holy shit!!!!!!!!!

Former Pantera Guitarist Killed on Stage

3 minutes ago U.S. National - AP

By JAY COHEN, Associated Press Writer

COLUMBUS, Ohio - A man charged onstage at a packed heavy metal show and opened fire, killing at least four people including guitarist Darrel Abbott before an arriving officer shot him to death, authorities said.

AP Photo

Five Dead, Including Gunman at Ohio Nightclub
(AP Video)

Columbus police department spokeswoman Sherry Mercurio identified three of the victims of Wednesday's shooting as Abbott, guitarist with the heavy metal rock band Damageplan, and two other men, Nathan Bray and Erin Halk.

Damageplan had just begun their first song at the Alrosa Villa when the man opened fire, first targeting Abbott, shooting him multiple times at point-blank range, a witness said.

Abbott, one of metal's top guitarists, and his brother, Damageplan drummer Vinnie Paul Abbott, were original members of thrash rock pioneers Pantera, one of the most popular metal bands of the early 1990s.

The witness, 22-year-old Chris Couch, said he was standing about 30 feet away from the stage when he noticed a man wearing a hooded sweatshirt and hockey jersey walk up to the stage, followed by a bouncer and another club employee.

The man in the jersey climbed onto the stage, started yelling and shot the guitarist five or six times at close range, Couch said. He said the gunman also shot a bouncer who pulled him off the musician.

Columbus police spokesman Sgt. Brent Mull said that after shooting at members of the band, the gunman fired into the crowd. Mull said a police officer who arrived shortly after the shooting began shot and killed the gunman.

"If the officer wasn't as close as he was, I think this would have been a lot worse," he said. "It was a chaotic scene, just a horrific scene."

Mull said more people could have been shot and left the scene before authorities arrived.

After the shooting began, Couch and a friend headed for the exit along with a tide of hundreds of fans.

"It was definitely a grudge. It was against something," Couch said.

Amanda Stankus, 19, who attended the show with Couch, said she initially thought the shooting was part of the show. "I just saw the guitarist fall down, and we decided to get out of there," she said.

Other members of Damageplan include vocalist Patrick Lachman and bass player Bob Zilla, according to the band's Web site.

A message left with Atlantic Records, which oversees the record label on which Damageplan records, was not immediately returned.

Damageplan's Web site said Darrel and Vinnie Abbott grew up in the Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas area where their father Jerry Abbott owned a recording studio. Another entry on the site lists the elder Abbott as a country-western songwriter.

Telephone numbers for both Darrell and Jerry Abbott are unlisted and could not be reached early Thursday by The Associated Press.

Pantera, known for its brutally hard, fast and aggressive sound, recorded four albums between 1990 and 1996. They attracted a massive cult following and the band's third release, "Far Beyond Driven," debuted at No. 1 in 1994, surprising chart-watchers and critics alike.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood