ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What? Oh sure...another drinking thread...Part 8 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
December 9th, 2004 08:18 PM
LadyJane After reading SS's insane, albeit funny, rampage, great Stones news and yet another violent tragedy in the world of RnR...I'm drinking.

Vodka. Was there ever any question?????

Cheers.

LJ.

December 10th, 2004 11:13 AM
egon I'll tell you something LJ, and you better sit down for this;

It's Friday Evening and i am NOT drinking.
"Why are you not drinking Egon?", you might ask.
I'll tell you why; Cos i have to bloody work at 10pm tonight!!! And THAT alone is the reason why I am not drinking. I hate it when work gets in the way of all the good stuff like having a good life...
December 10th, 2004 11:28 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
egon wrote:
It's Friday Evening and i am NOT drinking.
"Why are you not drinking Egon?", you might ask.
I'll tell you why; Cos i have to bloody work at 10pm tonight!!! And THAT alone is the reason why I am not drinking. I hate it when work gets in the way of all the good stuff like having a good life...

Have you considered combining work and drinking?
December 10th, 2004 11:40 AM
egon
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Have you considered combining work and drinking?

moonie... MOONIE!!! You are so smart.

I'll start straight away, yes sir!
December 10th, 2004 11:58 AM
LadyJane egon, my friend, where there is a will, there is a way!!

LJ.
December 10th, 2004 12:24 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
egon, my friend, where there is a will, there is a way!!

Indeed.....my father tells me a story of a nightwatchman he used to work with that injected his watermelon with vodka.
December 10th, 2004 12:28 PM
telecaster
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Indeed.....my father tells me a story of a nightwatchman he used to work with that injected his watermelon with vodka.

I met an air traffic controller who told me she injects
vodka in her oranges

Take the train people
December 10th, 2004 12:40 PM
LadyJane Let me just state for the record that I do not inject Vodka into anything, other than my shot glass!!

LJ.
December 10th, 2004 12:47 PM
Joey
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Was there ever any question?????

What ? ....That I am a gross , retarded , kitty - picture poster ?!?!?!

" Laughing Like Hell Ronnie ! "

D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !
December 10th, 2004 01:04 PM
nankerphelge Police called to Santa rumble
By Daily Mail

Police called to a mass brawl found an army of Santas punching and kicking each other.

Officers had to use batons and CS spray to quell the fight in the centre of Newtown, Powys.

Four were hurt and there were five arrests.

The battle of the Santas followed a 21/2-mile charity run involving more than 4,000 people dressed as Father Christmas. Some of them are believed to have overindulged in alcohol after crossing the finishing line.

The fun run is expected to benefit up to 200 charities and it is hoped that it will exceed last year's total raised of £80,000.

Organisers believe they have broken their own world record for having the most number of Santas in the same place. Last year a mere 3,200 took part.

PC Gareth Slaymaker, community safety officer for North Powys, said: ' Behaviour like this justifies the reluctance by the police to

extend the licensing hours for public houses and bars for this type of event'.

December 10th, 2004 02:41 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Police called to a mass brawl found an army of Santas punching and kicking each other.

Officers had to use batons and CS spray to quell the fight in the centre of Newtown, Powys.

I'm glad Elvis impersonators don't behave like that.
December 10th, 2004 07:52 PM
Bloozehound I raise a toast to all the hardworking Elvisanta impersonators who'll be a shake, rattle and hohoho'n this chilly December evening
December 11th, 2004 12:07 AM
sirmoonie Look, allright, I'll admit to this. I have been drinking tonight. Maybe a bit too much.

To be perfectly honest, I was drinking before that. I've been drinking too much before I admitted that I was perfectly honest about how much I lied about drinking. I swear to god, I am not lying about how much I've been drinking.
December 11th, 2004 12:15 AM
gypsy
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Look, allright, I'll admit to this. I have been drinking tonight. Maybe a bit too much.

To be perfectly honest, I was drinking before that. I've been drinking too much before I admitted that I was perfectly honest about how much I lied about drinking. I swear to god, I am not lying about how much I've been drinking.

It's about damn time you started drinking.
December 11th, 2004 12:17 AM
Bloozehound moonstiggity i tol ya that shit was primo raulfal

one fat line at a time chiefstiggity

sargt peeper says boywa!

December 11th, 2004 12:48 AM
sirmoonie Bloozie!

Check Gold and Platinum!

Then check more!

"I got your drinking money, Ronnie!"
December 11th, 2004 07:32 AM
egon moonie, i'll spare you the details, but that was a very bad idea you had!

I should do it more often....
December 11th, 2004 07:56 AM
stewed & Keefed That it! I'm off to the pub now lager frenzy
December 11th, 2004 11:33 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
egon wrote:
moonie, i'll spare you the details, but that was a very bad idea you had!

I should do it more often....

Thats the spirit, Egmeister! Its definately something that requires lots of practice before you can pull it off "clean" as we say.
December 11th, 2004 12:17 PM
LadyJane Okay..I'll only share this with my closest RO friends. I have NO recollection of howe I got to bed last night. NONE. I didn't drink THAT much....BUT...big mistake...NO DINNER...rookie mistake...drinking on an empty stomach.

Now..I face the Mall with a hangover. I may kill an elf.

Any suggestions????????

LJ.
December 11th, 2004 12:25 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Any suggestions????????

LJ.

Get a couple of drinks at the mall.
December 11th, 2004 12:33 PM
LadyJane Thank you moonie...That's what I love about you. Always promoting the consumption of alcohol.

Coffee now....cocktails at the mall...Brilliant.

LJ.
December 11th, 2004 12:51 PM
Sir Stonesalot Can't drink right now because I gotta work at 4pm...and unlike some jobs...you just can't do what I do and drink while doing it. Someone could get killed....and that's not a good thing.

But all bets are off at midnight baby!

I'm feelin' some Mostly Gin & A Little Tonic With A Lime Twist, or "Naughtyheads" as I call them, in my immediate future.

OooooooooooooWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEE!! Nuthin'll give ya cottonmouth like Gin. Gotta drink a gallon of water before ya pass out to avoid the dreaded, soul crushing, gin hangover. Gin hangover is even worse than merlot hangover.
December 11th, 2004 01:08 PM
telecaster
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Any suggestions????????

LJ.

Yes. Pull out your credit card and shop online

Make yourself a Bailey's and coffee, point, click, and shop

Thank me later
December 11th, 2004 01:15 PM
J.J.Flash Saturday afternoon........ there is a party to go tonight..... I just opened the first damn cold motherfucker....... 1 down......23 to go........
December 11th, 2004 03:03 PM
Soldatti
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Saturday afternoon........ there is a party to go tonight..... I just opened the first damn cold motherfucker....... 1 down......23 to go........

The same here brother: party tonight!!!!
December 12th, 2004 07:17 AM
egon LJ.....,

You're supposed eat before you drink????

Now THAT explains a lot.....
December 12th, 2004 10:51 AM
nankerphelge In celebration of the official word on the new release, I decided to get a bit rocked last night!

It started innocently enough around 5:00 when I decided to whip up some pan-seared scallops in olive oil with minced garlic and fresh squeezed lime juice over rice and a glass of Merlot. Listened to a little Beggars.

Well one glass of Merlot led to half the bottle and then by 7:00 I decided to head on over to Rio Grande to see my old bartending pal Terry for a couple of Coronas. After a couple beers I chiba'd my way home and polished the Merlot off. Listened to Tattoo You -- particularly nice when at full wine buzz!

December 12th, 2004 06:26 PM
egon You are my hero, you know that?
December 12th, 2004 06:37 PM
Riffhard I too am celebrating the wonderful Stones news with some frothy beverages. I just gotta sixer of Sam Addams Winter Larger (a fine beer btw. I highly recommend at least six with the El Maccombo side of LYL). I'm also equally stoked that my Falcons have clinched their division! And the J-E-T-S Jets,Jets,Jets are at least looking respectable against the Steelers. Now where is Nanky to smoke a spliffy with Riffy?!

Riffhard
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood