ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What? Oh sure...another drinking thread...Part 8 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
November 8th, 2004 10:14 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Hi Joey!!! Another tough weekend for the Hurricanes and Dolphins. Fortunately, I was pre-occupied as we have almost finished the hardwood editions to the staircase and 4 bedrooms upstairs. Wealso had the saturnia marble tile polished in the family room, kitchen and dinning areas. We also ordered a new dinning room set and buffet server from Italy(Tuscany edition) which cost over 20K!!!
It;s beutiful down here right now(84 during day and 72 at night with little or no humidity). I am stii waiting for Arafat to die my "husker loving" friend and I am also still trying to fin d a tree service who can re-plant my large ficus bushes which were displaced by hurricane Jeanne...
Meine Libe abs shae monkey...ninea !!!!!

Hello My Jewish Brother ......................

Your Hurricanes and My Huskers have seen better days -- WTF ?!?!?!

Why ?!?!

WHY ?!?!

Oh , and the CHIEFS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...Don't Get Me Started !!!!!!!!!

Shiver ....................................................

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jazzy !
November 8th, 2004 11:13 AM
jb Chiefs and panthers are great disappointments this year..I think Vermeil may cry again...(see Eagles ritirement sppech...)////////////
November 8th, 2004 11:57 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Chiefs and panthers are great disappointments this year..I think Vermeil may cry again...(see Eagles ritirement sppech...)////////////

Yes , circa 1982

Shiver ............................................

Cassie Yates !
November 8th, 2004 12:35 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
Chiefs and panthers are great disappointments this year..

I agree. The Chiefs suck. And no one pays any attention to the Panthers anyway.
November 8th, 2004 01:29 PM
gypsy My sources tell me Arafat is on a vent.

He's as good as dead, my Jewish friend!
November 8th, 2004 01:39 PM
Monkey Woman And his wife is now in Paris with him.

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
November 8th, 2004 01:40 PM
Monkey Woman Oh, and I tried turkish beer this week-end. Brand name Efes. Not bad, tastes a little like Heineken?
November 8th, 2004 01:41 PM
gypsy The wife is in her twenties, I think. She hasn't seen him in 3-4 years. Arafat is on his death bed.
November 8th, 2004 01:47 PM
Monkey Woman That's right, she's just arrived and already hotly dissenting with the remaining Palestinian leaders. I just hope no chaos emerges from this. Well, no worse chaos at least.
November 8th, 2004 02:05 PM
egon
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Oh, and I tried turkish beer this week-end. Brand name Efes. Not bad, tastes a little like Heineken?

please refrain from the crazy talk.
November 8th, 2004 02:08 PM
Monkey Woman It wasn't me who started it. But y'know, Efes IS good and it IS a kind of lager not very far from Heineken. Turkish brewers must have learnt from German brewers at some time.
November 8th, 2004 02:10 PM
egon are you suggesting that heineken is german?

stop the madness!!!
November 8th, 2004 02:12 PM
Monkey Woman Right, I'm sorry for that slip! Of course it's not german. OK, there's german beers with the same taste, but that one is dutch. Thanks to that gifted country...
November 8th, 2004 02:15 PM
egon hmmmm,

i'm keeping my eye on you!
November 8th, 2004 02:16 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Turkish brewers must have learnt from German brewers at some time.

Or vice versa. I think the "turks" out date the "germans" by several millenia.
November 8th, 2004 02:23 PM
SheRat Isn't this the drinking thread?

I am currently hungover and have to say that I enjoyed immensely the LJ/Gyps faux-Joey/Josh banter.

Brilliant work, ladies!

Everyone look at this:

http://www.johannas-art.com/tambourines.htm

I think it may be more disturbing in its banality than the Brian Jones Pool Tiles....
[Edited by SheRat]
November 8th, 2004 02:24 PM
Joey
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
And his wife is now in Paris with him.

[Edited by Monkey Woman]

Strap On ?!?!?!?!

Oh , WAIT !!!!!!!!!!! Paris , France

...I get it !

JACKY HILTON !
November 8th, 2004 02:31 PM
gypsy Great Howe-ard Carter-like find, SheRat!
I believe joey owns one of those tambourines with his photo airbrushed next to Stevie.
November 8th, 2004 02:34 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I believe joey owns one of those tambourines with his photo airbrushed next to Stevie.

{{{ ? }}}
November 8th, 2004 02:38 PM
gypsy SheRat, those look like the kind of things one could win at a carnival or fair.
Cheesy.
That poor kid on the bottom of the page...it's like someone is behind the camera saying: "You will wear the Stevie Nicks shirt and look happy, damnit!"
November 8th, 2004 02:42 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Or vice versa. I think the "turks" out date the "germans" by several millenia.

Not really, I think, because Turkey wasn't even "turk" until the Ottoman empire, and that didn't happen until our Middle-Ages. So in those millinia, there were a lot of people in the Asia Minor (as the Romans called it) that were Greek, Armenian, etc. The Turks arrived later.

Anyway I was talking about the modern brewing industry, in the 19th and 20th Centuries, when the Germans didn't manage to get large colonial territories but did a good job of putting up german businesses in a number of countries. Another exemple is the Tsing Tao beer, which is chinese, but comes from a brewery that had been created by the Germans in the 19th C., when China had to concede to European nations the right to exploit their natural resources and work force.

Here endth the history lesson.

P.S. For the real historians here, please forgive me this sketchy and probably faulty account... It's fun to talk about history in relation with beer!
November 8th, 2004 03:12 PM
nankerphelge The history of beer is very important and is a fine topic for discussion on this board.

Carry on.
November 8th, 2004 03:28 PM
Monkey Woman Some say the Egyptians invented beer 4 or 5 millenia ago. Jars found in the desert show evidence of beermaking. Archeology is great, inn'it?
November 8th, 2004 04:08 PM
SheRat My favorite one is that chick with her own tambourine. BUt it's got no link, so here's the one with the wolf...puss....

I think I may be in love....

A sweeping moonlight cuts this sawed off room in half ~ Honey, I don't mean to laugh but that shit's fucking funny to me ~ Like a funeral bride in a gone-wrong comedy ~ So, take some benefit ~ Get some sleep, it's pretty late ~ Honey, I could play it straight, that shit's fucking easy to me ~ Like chaos math or brokenheartery ~ In the meantime, and I mean "mean", could I caution you the promise of your lean? ~ Though I ain't no drug to dare ~ I'll still brush the come out of your hair
[Edited by SheRat]
November 8th, 2004 04:12 PM
gypsy It's cum, honey.

The chick that is airbrushed with Stevie on the tambourine is my favorite too. And then she is holding it for a photo, all giddy over what "Stevie" autographed on the back of the coveted tambourine. I hope she has that beauty insured!
November 8th, 2004 04:19 PM
SheRat I HATE HATE HATE HATE it when people spell it cum.

Just a personal thing.

Two things: Look what the author of the above lyrics just wrote me:

"I can't shake the idea of planting small angel kisses on your pink out of my head right now." (!!! How long till I'm out of this freaking office?!?!?)

And also, WTF are Japanese women DOING?

In Japan, women can doze with man pillow
By Kaori Hitomi, Associated Press
NAGAREYAMA, Japan � After a long night at work as a radio DJ, Junko Suzuki likes to snuggle at bedtime � and she says she's found the perfect partner: a man-shaped pillow.
Linen maker Kameo's new "Boyfriend's Arm Pillow" � which consists of a headless torso and a stuffed arm that curls around the sleeper � might make some people uneasy.

But not Suzuki, or about 1,000 others in Japan who have bought the pillow, which Kameo says is the first of its kind. The product went on the market last December.

"I like to sleep holding someone's hand," Suzuki, 34. "And this pillow makes me feel relaxed because I can hold the arm and feel something warm at my side."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2004-09-29-man-pillow_x.htm
November 8th, 2004 04:38 PM
gypsy The word "cum" grosses me out too. Ugh!

Oh, the Japanese thing is so two weeks ago thanks to our own Nanky, who is always on top of the latest trends. Sometimes literally.
November 8th, 2004 04:48 PM
Joey
quote:
SheRat wrote:
My favorite one is that chick with her own tambourine. BUt it's got no link, so here's the one with the wolf...puss....

I think I may be in love....

A sweeping moonlight cuts this sawed off room in half ~ Honey, I don't mean to laugh but that shit's fucking funny to me ~ Like a funeral bride in a gone-wrong comedy ~ So, take some benefit ~ Get some sleep, it's pretty late ~ Honey, I could play it straight, that shit's fucking easy to me ~ Like chaos math or brokenheartery ~ In the meantime, and I mean "mean", could I caution you the promise of your lean? ~ Though I ain't no drug to dare ~ I'll still brush the come out of your hair
[Edited by SheRat]

November 8th, 2004 05:03 PM
SheRat
quote:
gypsy wrote:
The word "cum" grosses me out too. Ugh!

Oh, the Japanese thing is so two weeks ago thanks to our own Nanky, who is always on top of the latest trends. Sometimes literally.

Whoops! Sorry. I didn't see that nanky had posted it already. I need valium.

November 8th, 2004 05:11 PM
gypsy I always thought Laverne was a major slut.

joey, have you changed your colostomy bag yet today? You have a PM!
[Edited by gypsy]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood