ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

R&R Hall of Fame 2007
© Dimitrios Kambouris with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Libby found Guilty! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
6th March 2007 02:16 PM
jb The board is rocking.....I really like you guys...really!!!
6th March 2007 02:17 PM
Fiji Joe Obama's posters attacking Hillary

Photos courtesy of Starbuck

glencar
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
What else can you expect from the Neocons though? All they can do is point the finger at someone else. You don't expect them to man up do you? They don't have it in them to man up and take responsibility.

That is part of the neocon philosiphy. Never, EVER, man up. It is ALWAYS someone elses fault, no matter how ridiculous the stretch. Bad foriegn policy? No way, it's the rest of the world who won't work with us. Our policy is good, not our fault that the rest of the world won't go along with it. We are right and they are all wrong.

And ya know, that has worked pretty well for them. Up until last year, anyhow. Give 'em time though. They'll come up with a new way to pull the wool over our eyes in time for November 2008.

I know you spent a few minutes working this one up but really, it's just partisan blather. And the idea that other countries should influence our foreign policy is crazy insane.
Sir Stonesalot Ah, there it is...another tennent of neocon philosophy.

When busted, play it down. Then point at Clinton.

It's not important. Besides Clinton's admin had worse stuff.

It's sooooooooo typical.

Do you guys really believe the stuff you say, or are you just being good little soldiers? I've always wondered about that. I've met most of you, and you don't seem like raving idiots. You all seem smart and witty, fun to be around. And yet you come off with this stuff that is just so...I dunno, 3rd grade. WTF is up with that?
6th March 2007 02:18 PM
glencar
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

OK I'll go slower... JB commented that the Bush administration was the most corrupt in history. I thought to myself, "that can't be right Maxy!" and proceeded to post Bill Clinton's record to counter that comment. That's the only reason Bill Clinton was brought up.

LJ's a sweetie but she knows lil about politics. She's a Dem because everyone she knows was one growing up.
Fiji Joe
quote:
glencar wrote:
If it's that beaverman or former Knasan Barack Osamabamalama, whom will you choose?

How tough are New Guinea's citizenship requirements?
glencar
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

How tough are New Guinea's citizenship requirements?

You gotta skin cats just to make it to the border...
pdog Were we lied into a war...?
I thought we went to war b/c of an immenent nuclear threat... it was later changed, the reason we are there has constantly changed... We went from terorr threat, to a sovereing nation threat of nukular war...so on, so on... To we stand up, til they stand up... The mataphor being, Iraqis are basically acting like women, and can't stand up and pee!
6th March 2007 02:20 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

OK I'll go slower... JB commented that the Bush administration was the most corrupt in history. I thought to myself, "that can't be right Maxy!" and proceeded to post Bill Clinton's record to counter that comment. That's the only reason Bill Clinton was brought up.

Oh no need to go slower.
I'm fairly intelligent.

Read my post in it's entirety:

Yes I do read the posts.
Let me rephrase...what does the conviction of Scooter Libby have to do with Bill Clinton?
Why do I ask?
Because inevitably the GOP will somehowe find a way to drag out Bill's sins to deflect the sins of the sitting President.

LJ.
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:
Were we lied into a war...?
I thought we went to war b/c of an immenent nuclear threat... it was later changed, the reason we are there has constantly changed... We went from terorr threat, to a sovereing nation threat of nukular war...so on, so on... To we stand up, til they stand up... The mataphor being, Iraqis are basically acting like women, and can't stand up and pee!

There was more than one rationale for going to war. Even the US Civil War had multiple reasons.
Fiji Joe
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Ah, there it is...another tennent of neocon philosophy.

When busted, play it down. Then point at Clinton.

It's not important. Besides Clinton's admin had worse stuff.

It's sooooooooo typical.

Do you guys really believe the stuff you say, or are you just being good little soldiers? I've always wondered about that. I've met most of you, and you don't seem like raving idiots. You all seem smart and witty, fun to be around. And yet you come off with this stuff that is just so...I dunno, 3rd grade. WTF is up with that?

Who are "you guys"?...Careful now...I don't wanna see you flea yourself
6th March 2007 02:21 PM
glencar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Oh no need to go slower.
I'm fairly intelligent.

Read my post in it's entirety:

Yes I do read the posts.
Let me rephrase...what does the conviction of Scooter Libby have to do with Bill Clinton?
Why do I ask?
Because inevitably the GOP will somehowe find a way to drag out Bill's sins to deflect the sins of the sitting President.

LJ.

Lemme me read slower because I'm trying to figure out howe exactly George W. "sinned" here...
6th March 2007 02:21 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
glencar wrote:
You gotta skin cats just to make it to the border...

That still sounds better than 8 State of the Union speech's from Beaver-man
6th March 2007 02:22 PM
LadyJane
quote:
glencar wrote:
LJ's a sweetie but she knows lil about politics. She's a Dem because everyone she knows was one growing up.

Excuse me?
That is about the most CONDESCENDING thing that I've ever read!!!!!!!

LJ.

6th March 2007 02:23 PM
LadyJane
quote:
glencar wrote:
Lemme me read slower because I'm trying to figure out howe exactly George W. "sinned" here...

OH come on Blue (who really should change his name to RED).
You know as well as I do that whenever the Bush Admin comes under attack the first thing you GOP'ers do is run for the "Clinton was worse" defense.

Yawn.....

LJ.
6th March 2007 02:24 PM
glencar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Excuse me?

LJ.

Soemtimes condescension is in the eye of the beholder. I certainly didn't mean it that way but I could see why you'd see it that way. What I meant was that the views you've expressed aren't all that leftish. You are a moderate Dem who (I think) could be a GOPer but you won't think of yourself that way.
6th March 2007 02:24 PM
Fiji Joe Why doesn't he just put a Duke hat on?

6th March 2007 02:25 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
glencar wrote:
If it's that beaverman or former Knasan Barack Osamabamalama, whom will you choose?

Mccain will beat Hillary easily too.

As long as she is their nominee I am not worried.
6th March 2007 02:25 PM
glencar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

OH come on Blue (who really should change his name to RED).
You know as well as I do that whenever the Bush Admin comes under attack the first thing you GOP'ers do is run for the "Clinton was worse" defense.

Yawn.....

LJ.

And when Clinton came under attack, the Dems always railed about Reagan. Dying was the best thing he ever did for those folks.
6th March 2007 02:26 PM
glencar
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Mccain will beat Hillary easily too.

As long as she is their nominee I am not worried.

I think McCain is pretty low energy right now. He reminds me of Bob Dole 1996 version. Not good at all. I'll accept Romney but I don't think he'll sway many other Americans.
6th March 2007 02:26 PM
glencar
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Why doesn't he just put a Duke hat on?

Yes, today's NY Post had an article on the whole "stepmom" story.
6th March 2007 02:28 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Yes I do read the posts.
Why do I ask?

I don't think so. Only when judging corruption and the history of it in the White House.
6th March 2007 02:30 PM
nankerphelge The only reason Clinton came up was because of jb's impossibly tortured logic that Scooter's guilt = most corrupt administration.

Fortunately for all of you libs that subscribe to such lunacy and twisted logic, Max brought to your attention the administration of one Bill Clinton.

Altho jb decries Max's list as old talking points, facts are facts. The man and the people he surrounded himself with were reflexively corrupt. Hell, they were so bad, Sandy Burglar had to steal shit from the Archives even after they left office.

rasputin56
quote:
glencar wrote:
Rudy is our only hope.

Maxlugar
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes, today's NY Post had an article on the whole "stepmom" story.

Reagan's kids hated him too. No legs on this story.
pdog Momma says, Iraq is like a box o' chocolates, you never know what you'll get!
6th March 2007 02:31 PM
Sir Stonesalot >it's just partisan blather<

Partisan blather?

Dude, I'm registered as NON-AFFILIATED. I have no partisanship because I am partisan to neither party. I think BOTH parties are equally fucked up, and I do not want to be associated with either one of them.

What I say, I say from a completely objective veiwpoint. I have no vested interest in EITHER party. I just say what I observe.

>And the idea that other countries should influence our foreign policy is crazy insane.<

Agreed. However, when in the midst of one of the worst foriegn policy decisions made since the escalation of Vietnam...you'd think that reasonable people would recognize that fact, and try to rectify the situation. The mantra of "Stay the Course" when everything is fucked and failing is equally crazy insane. Like it or not, we need the rest of the world more than they need us. The worm has turned. Being a Superpower doesn't necessarily mean that we have to invade and conquer. What is that line in Spiderman? With great power comes even greater responsibility? The sooner that our leadership(from both parties) grasps the full meaning of that, the better off we'll all be.
sirmoonie
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

What the fuck is this?
pdog
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
The only reason Clinton came up was because of jb's impossibly tortured logic that Scooter's guilt = most corrupt administration.

Fortunately for all of you libs that subscribe to such lunacy and twisted logic, Max brought to your attention the administration of one Bill Clinton.

Altho jb decries Max's list as old talking points, facts are facts. The man and the people he surrounded himself with were reflexively corrupt. Hell, they were so bad, Sandy Burglar had to steal shit from the Archives even after they left office.

Yes, corrupt is corrupt, and today is about...?
6th March 2007 02:32 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Excuse me?
LJ.

No kiddin'. The mask's off that sexist.

BTW, "BWAAHAAHAAHAA!!!"

[Edited by Brainbell Jangler]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)