ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2002 RY/Rex Fearures
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What? Oh sure...another drinking thread...Part 7 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
September 23rd, 2004 10:55 AM
Sir Stonesalot I crawled up inside a bottle of Jack Daniels last night. I think I drowned.

Damn I type loud.
September 23rd, 2004 12:33 PM
parmeda Okay...it's been over one week now, and I'm still sicker than a damn dog. I need help. The normal way (i.e.: my doctor, meds & taking long naps) hasn't been ANY help whatsoever. However, I have been slipping the amaretto into the hot tea. I think it's time to ditch the tea and stick to the de Sarona...
September 24th, 2004 06:45 AM
LadyJane egon...It's too early here...I'm counting on you to start us off on this fine Fryday! Rest assured I will toast you fondly in about 12 hours.

LJ.
September 24th, 2004 06:47 AM
egon that would make it 1.00 AM over here.
hmmmm, we just might be drinking at the same time!
cheers to that!
September 24th, 2004 06:49 AM
LadyJane What time is there now? It's 6:50 a.m. here.

LJ.
September 24th, 2004 06:51 AM
egon 12.52 hours pm
September 24th, 2004 06:55 AM
LadyJane 6 hours ahead of me. I'll remember that, especially when I'm hoisting beverages this evening. Have a good weekend.

LJ.
September 24th, 2004 07:16 AM
egon so your (more/less) on the east coats?

a great weekend to you LJ.
6 (that's right six) Heinekens to your health tonight!
September 24th, 2004 09:51 AM
egon now where did i put that bottle of jaggermeister?
September 24th, 2004 10:10 AM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:
now where did i put that bottle of jaggermeister?

Please check freezer
September 24th, 2004 10:23 AM
nankerphelge Ahhhhh!

SEVIERVILLE, Tenn. — A retired Sara Lee (search) executive missing since he met with a couple about buying his sport utility vehicle was found dead Thursday, frozen in a rented storage unit. The couple was arrested in what federal authorities believe was a bungled carjacking.

James Dale Cockman (search), 71, of Greenville, S.C., had been missing since Sept. 14, the day he was to meet David Wendell Edens and Jennifer Annette Holloway.

Authorities believe Cockman may have suffocated from duct tape that Edens, 34, and Holloway, 27, used to cover his mouth. An autopsy will be performed.

"The interpretation I have right now is that his death was an accident," R. Joe Clark, special agent in charge of the FBI office in Knoxville, told a news conference Thursday.

Edens and Holloway were taken into custody at their rural Smoky Mountains home and charged with carjacking. They appeared in federal court Thursday in Knoxville and were being held by U.S. marshals.

Additional charges for kidnapping and possibly for murder were expected, Clark said. State kidnapping charges were filed in South Carolina.

Cockman was last seen buying a cup of coffee at a convenience store near a parking lot where he was supposed to meet a couple interested in his 1996 GMC Suburban. The Edens and Holloway gave him a $100 deposit the day before and were to pay him the remaining $8,400 the next day.

September 24th, 2004 10:49 AM
egon SHOCKING STORY....

A 1996 GMC Suburban for $8,500 ???????
September 24th, 2004 11:01 AM
nankerphelge I will never be able to eat any of those frozen Sara Lee cakes ever again.

But I can drink!

September 24th, 2004 11:05 AM
egon please confirm sara lee does NOT own heineken.

cos the own pretty much everything else...
September 24th, 2004 11:35 AM
telecaster

(Yahoo)
Sidney Frank sold Grey Goose vodka for $2 billion. At 84 he's planning a new fortune in wine, tequila and energy drinks.

Just about every morning Sidney Frank, the 84-year-old liquor baron, climbs into his $400,000 Mercedes Maybach and is driven to one of four golf courses in upstate New York. He's not there to play the game; he's too frail to swing a club. Instead, at the wheel of a golf cart he leads a team of aspiring pros across an exclusive course where he plays vicariously. In his gruff, gravelly voice, Frank tells his players what clubs to use, where to hit the ball and how to play the angles on the green. In addition to their $50,000 salaries, Frank pays his pawns cash after every hole: $1,000 for a double eagle, $500 for an eagle, $100 for a birdie--plus $500 to the round's winner.

Frank can indulge his eccentricities. In June he sold Grey Goose vodka for a jaw-dropping $2 billion to Bacardi Ltd. The sale--the largest in liquor-business history for a single brand--solidified his spot in the booze business pantheon. It also landed him on The Forbes 400. His personal proceeds from the deal, plus a 75% stake in Sidney Frank Importing, make him worth at least $1.6 billion.

That's enough scratch to make your average octogenarian seriously consider retirement. But Frank wants more. He wants to create another fortune with premium tequilas, low-priced wines and energy drinks. "At my age, you either stay busy or die," says Frank, smoking a custom-made Davidoff cigar in his bedroom, where he spends most of his days watching World War II movies on a 72-inch television.
September 24th, 2004 02:21 PM
nankerphelge

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - The "Beer Belly Bandit" has struck again after a 10-month break, adding to the dozens of bank robberies he has committed in Florida since 2000.
The robber, known for his bulging midsection, hit a bank on Tuesday, pulling a gun on two tellers. It was the first robbery he had committed since November, when he held up a bank in Sarasota, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement said.

The amount stolen was not disclosed.

"Normally with investigations like this, you get an abundance of leads, especially with a $25,000 reward," said agent Steve Davenport. "We're not getting much at all. It's kind of perplexing."

Investigators are not sure where the bandit has been for the past 10 months. Jail is one possibility, but Davenport said police have the bandit's description and he probably would have been recognized.

The Beer Belly Bandit - also known as the "Band-Aid Bandit," because he had a bandage on his face in some holdups - has a skin condition on his hands and arms that makes his skin look bleached.

September 24th, 2004 04:14 PM
sirmoonie Anyone drunk right now?

I want to live vicariously through you.

Thanks in advance.
September 24th, 2004 04:17 PM
not bound to please
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Anyone drunk right now?

I want to live vicariously through you.

Thanks in advance.

I found Joey's dope.

September 24th, 2004 08:26 PM
Bloozehound The King is Gone (So Are You)

By: George Jones

(G) Last night I broke the seal on a Jim Beam decanter
That looks like (D) Elvis
I (C) soaked the label (Am) off (D7) a Flintstone Jelly Bean (G) jar
I cleared us off a place on that one little table
that you (D) left us
And (C) pulled me up a (D7) big ole piece of (G) floor

I (C) pulled the head off (Am) Elvis
Filled (C) Fred up to his (Am) pelvis
Yabba Dabba (G) Doo, the (C) King is (G) gone
And (D) so are (G) you

(C) 'Round about 10 we all got to (D7) talking
(C) 'Bout Graceland, Bedrock and (D7) such
(C) The conversation finally turned to (D7) women
(C) But they said they didn't get around too (D7) much
(C) Elvis said, "Find 'em (D7) young"
And Fred said (G) "Old Fashioned girls are (C) fun"
And (D) so are (G) you

(C) Later on it finally (D7) hit me
(C) That you wouldn't be 'a comin' home no (D7) more
(C) 'Cause this time I know you won't (D7) forgive me
(C) Like all of them other times (D7) before
(C) Then I broke Elvis' (D7) nose
Pouring the (G) last drop from his (C) toes
And (D) so are (G) you
(C) Yabba Dabba (G) Doo, the(C) King is (G) gone
And (D) so are (G) you

(G) Last night I broke the seal on a Jim Beam decanter
That looks like (D) Elvis
I (C) soaked the label (Am) off (D7) a Flintstone Jelly Bean (G) jar....(fade)

September 24th, 2004 09:36 PM
LadyJane egon...as promised...ONLY 16 hours later ...toasting to your good health!!

LJ.

[Edited by LadyJane]
September 25th, 2004 06:07 AM
egon i believe i was still drinking at that time.. i think...
September 25th, 2004 10:07 PM
Bloozehound 2 pitchers of Dos XX's LAger & 1 El Grande platter later
September 28th, 2004 06:50 AM
LadyJane Nobody's had a drop since Saturday??? I find that hard to believe. Rest assured that I fulfilled my quota (and then some) this weekend, including last night!!

LJ.
September 28th, 2004 09:01 AM
nankerphelge I had a whole butt load of Newcastles and some white wine yesterday.

September 28th, 2004 04:53 PM
Joey
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

I found Joey's dope.

Hey , that's my Black Indigo ......Give it Back !!!!
September 28th, 2004 06:55 PM
telecaster
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I had a whole butt load of Newcastles and some white wine yesterday.

http://www.moderndrunkardmagazine.com/

nanky I just sent you a subscription for your birthday
September 28th, 2004 10:53 PM
parmeda tele, where on earth did you find that?
I think I need to be drunk just to read through most of it...there's some funny stuff in there, lol

Nanky's gonna love it!
September 28th, 2004 11:00 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL Tele! That's one of the funniest things can't stop howlin'

Check this section, click the image and find yourself the answee.... and keep it private

September 28th, 2004 11:19 PM
Bloozehound You’ve convinced yourself your liver isn’t distended—it’s pregnant. With a new liver.

September 29th, 2004 06:56 AM
LadyJane

The Flag of Debauchery!! LMAO. The perfect Xmas gift for the fine members of the Drinking Thread. Hell, it could be the official RO Flag!!

tele...what a great link!!!

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17