ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2002 RY/Rex Fearures
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What? Oh sure...another drinking thread...Part 7 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
September 3rd, 2004 09:40 AM
Some Guy NEW YORK (AP) -- A machine that lets drinkers inhale shots of alcohol went on display Friday night, even as one local lawmaker warned the device was "a disaster waiting to happen."
The Alcohol Without Liquid vaporizer mixes the alcohol with pressurized oxygen. Makers say it takes about 20 minutes to breathe in one shot, giving drinkers the effect of alcohol without the drunkenness or hangover.
Democratic state Sen. Carl Kruger pledged to introduce legislation to ban its use, calling the inhaler, manufactured in England and distributed domestically by North Carolina-based Spirit Partners, a "new form of pipe smoking" and saying it could encourage underage drinking and drunken driving.
Attorney General Eliot Spitzer's office said the issue had been referred to the State Liquor Authority, and declined to comment. A message left with the agency was not immediately returned.
"It becomes a whole enforcement issue," Kruger said. "The way we test alcohol levels will be skewed and so will all the direction we've taken in this state to lower blood alcohol levels."
Westchester County Executive Andrew Spano said he also feared the machine would attract underage drinkers.
The machine went on display for a sneak peak at the bar Trust, in Manhattan. But bar and lounge owners in New York may be wary, said Bob Zuckerman, executive director of the New York Nightlife Association.
"We don't know if this device is legal and in addition we don't know if it is safe," Zuckerman said. "Our members and most bar owners are responsible and I'm sure they'll tread very carefully before putting a device such as this in their establishments."
A manager who answered the phone at Trust said it's too early to predict the effect of the new machine. The manager, who would identify himself only as Marty, said the bar hasn't purchased the device, and that Trust drinkers would "be responsible, no matter how they ingest their substances."
September 3rd, 2004 11:23 AM
Ten Thousand Motels This from Drudge today. Wonder what proof it is?

Cup of urine a day keeps ailments at bay

BANGKOK (AFP) - Drinking urine can eliminate sinus trouble, turn grey hair black and even cure cancer, a Thai academic said, citing a study of local Buddhists who engage in the unorthodox practice.

Ratree Cheepudomwit, of the Thai Traditional and Alternative Medicine Development Department, said hundreds of urine drinkers attested that consuming a daily cup worked wonders for their overall health and helped slow the ageing process.

She said that in June she queried 250 members of Santi Asoke, a strict indigenous Buddhist movement believed to have thousands of followers, and 204 respondents said they had learned from ancient Buddhist manucripts that drinking one's urine improved health.

"Of the respondents, 87 percent confirmed that it had head-to-toe benefits for them, including for example reduction of dandruff, grey hair, sinus problems and cancer," Ratree told AFP.

The medical elixir was not easy on everyone's system, as about one in 10 urine drinkers suffered diarrhea afterwards, but the practice should not be viewed with disgust, she said.

"Other groups of people who drank urine were Buddhist monks who practised in accordance to scriptures which are more than 2,500 years old," she said.
September 3rd, 2004 12:06 PM
sirmoonie How the hell does that happen?

"Damn, this dandruff is really getting out of hand. Maybe if I whack down a frothy pint of warm piss......."
September 3rd, 2004 12:51 PM
stewed & Keefed What a fucking week that was. work sucks,still it's Friday and tonight .......lager frenzy
September 3rd, 2004 12:56 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:
What a fucking week that was. work sucks,still it's Friday and tonight .......lager frenzy

Work sucks????? WTF??? If you're not happy in your job than find another job but don't whimper about it.
September 3rd, 2004 02:45 PM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Work sucks????? WTF??? If you're not happy in your job than find another job but don't whimper about it.

This is the wrong thread for you
September 3rd, 2004 02:58 PM
Some Guy AFROMAN LYRICS
"Because I Got High"
It's Like, I don't care about nothin man,
roll another blunt, Yea (ohh ohh ohh),
La da da da da da La, Da Daaa,
La da da da, La da da da, La da da daaa
I was gonna clean my room until I got high
I gonna get up and find the broom but then I got high
my room is still messed up and I know why (why man?) yea heyy,
- cause I got high [repeat 3X]
(La da da da da da da da da)
I was gonna go to class before I got high
I coulda cheated and I coulda passed but I got high
I am taking it next semester and I know why, (why man?) yea heyy,
I was gonna go to work but then I got high
I just got a new promotion but I got high
now I'm selling dope and I know why (why man?) yea heayy,
I was gonna go to court before I got high
I was gonna pay my child support but then I got high
they took my whole paycheck and I know why (why man?) yea heayy,
I wasn't gonna run from the cops but I was high
I was gonna pull right over and stop but I was high
Now I am a paraplegic and i know why (why man?) yea heayy,
- because I got high [repeat 3X]
I was gonna pay my car note until I got high
I wasn't gonna gamble on the boat but then I got high
now the tow truck is pulling away and I know why (why man?) yea heyy,
- because I got high [repeat 3X]
I was gonna make love to you but then I got high
I was gonna eat yo pussy too but then I got high
now I'm jacking off and I know why, yea heyy,
I messed up my entire life because I got high
I lost my kids and wife because I got high
now I'm sleeping on the sidewalk and I know why (why man?) yea heyy,
I'm gonna stop singing this song because I'm high
I'm singing this whole thing wrong because I'm high
and if I dont sell one copy I know why (why man?) yea heyy,
- cause I'm high [repeat 3X]
La da da da da da, La da da da, Shoop shooby doo wop.
Get jiggy wit it, skibbidy bee bop diddy do wahhh

- cause I'm high [repeat 3X]

(hey where the cluck at cuz) [clucks]
September 3rd, 2004 03:54 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:

This is the wrong thread for you

Well.....you might be right. Anyway have a nice weekend... everyone.... the Americans who have a holiday and everyone else too.
September 4th, 2004 01:18 AM
LadyJane I'm sufficiently buzzed...And you?

Cheers my friends!

LJ.

For Labor Day.."Raise a glass to the hard-workin people!"
September 4th, 2004 01:22 AM
sirmoonie Bongs, mirror rails, botts, anything I could get my paws on, anything to kill the pain of Christ.

Check it my bleeds:

Ain no beef in free white,
Jump dope, dem honk wims,
Fow shots, fow shots,
Its all uglys on dat quims!
September 5th, 2004 06:22 AM
egon beer as a warm-up last night. then wodka. it was a nice change.
September 5th, 2004 07:18 AM
stewed & Keefed Red wine night bad head morning
September 6th, 2004 01:09 PM
Angiegirl From nu.nl:

Nederlanders laten biertje staan

VOORBURG - Nederlanders drinken steeds minder bier. In 2003 werd per hoofd van de bevolking 78,7 liter bier gedronken. In 2002 was dat nog 79,9 liter, zo blijkt uit cijfers die het Centraal Bureau voor de Statistiek maandag heeft gepubliceerd.

De bierconsumptie neemt sinds het begin van de jaren negentig geleidelijk af. In 1990 werd nog 91 liter per hoofd van de bevolking gedronken. Ondanks de daling is het nog steeds de meest populaire alcoholhoudende drank.

De consumptie van wijn neemt gestaag toe. In 1990 dronken Nederlanders per hoofd van de bevolking 14,5 liter wijn. Vorig jaar was dat 19,6 liter.

De export van bier bereikte in 2003 een record van 14,3 miljoen hectoliter. In 2002 verkochten Nederlandse brouwerijen 14,2 miljoen hectoliter aan buitenlandse afnemers.

English translation (well, sort of ):

Dutch avoid beer

VOORBURG - Dutch drink less beer. In 2003 they drank 78.7 liters beer per head of the population. In 2002 that still was 79.9 liters, as appeared from figures that the Central Desk for the Statistic has published on Monday.

The beer consumption has gradually decreased since the beginning of the nineties. In 1990 the Dutch even drank 91 liters per head of the population. But despite this drop, it's still the most popular alcoholic drink.

The consumption of wine in the Netherlands increases steadily. In 1990, Dutch drank 14.5 liters wine per head of the population. Last year that was 19.6 liters.

The export of beer reached a record of 14.3 million hectoliter in 2003. In 2002, Dutch breweries sold 14.2 million hectoliter to foreign buyers.
September 7th, 2004 07:28 AM
egon This is so very very wrong.
I shall have to drink more to compensate.
And to all of you, i apologise for the behaviour of my fellow countrymen.
September 7th, 2004 07:31 AM
Zeeta Had an Old Speckled Hen last night. I can wholeheartedly recommend this to anyone! Really tasty and mellow.
September 7th, 2004 10:49 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
egon wrote:
This is so very very wrong.
I shall have to drink more to compensate.
And to all of you, i apologise for the behaviour of my fellow countrymen.

I drank beer (Dommelsch) and red wine last Saturday, did I compensate enough?
September 7th, 2004 10:53 AM
egon maybe, but... HOW MUCH?

Quantity is everything.
September 7th, 2004 10:54 AM
LadyJane I lushed it up BIG time this weekend. Then again, what else is new?

LJ.
September 7th, 2004 10:58 AM
egon
quote:
egon wrote:
Quantity is everything.

this is gonig to be my new motto.

god, i'm such a poet...
September 7th, 2004 11:55 AM
Joey

I now Booze to Pray !
September 7th, 2004 12:43 PM
nankerphelge Had 2 Brown Ales with lunch.

I was sick as hell this weekend -- didn't get to drink much of anything good. High fever, swollen glands (not the right one either), in bed with the chills vibrating like Hillary's dildo!

Finally got some booze in me!!
September 7th, 2004 01:10 PM
egon and Do you know why you feel better today nank?
cos i had me a few heinekens to your health!
(not that i knew you were ill...)

[Edited by egon]
September 7th, 2004 01:14 PM
nankerphelge Bless you egon -- you may have saved my life!
September 7th, 2004 01:16 PM
egon And of course that is the ONLY reason I had me them drinks!
September 7th, 2004 04:27 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Homemade booze kills 18
From correspondents in Multan, Pakistan
September 5, 2004

AT least 18 people have died after drinking tainted homemade liquor in Pakistan's eastern Punjab province.

Two of the men were dead on arrival at Nishtar Hospital in Multan, and six others died in intensive care there, said Imran Rafiq, a doctor at the state-run hospital.

Another man was still being treated.

Four other men had died in similar circumstances, Dr Rafiq said.

In the nearby town of Kot Addu, six men who drank the liquor died, said Tariq Jamshed, a doctor at the District Headquarters Hospital.

He said two other men, who had fallen unconscious after drinking the booze, were still at the hospital.

Multan police chief Hamid Mukhtar Gondal said officers were investigating, but had made no arrests. He said there might be some additional, unreported casualties.

Muslims are banned from drinking alcohol in Pakistan, a predominantly Islamic nation, although some do so in private.

Liquor smuggled from overseas is pricey, and illicit drinkers sometimes resort to homemade alcohol, which is ometimes distilled in unhygienic conditions with dangerous ingredients.

The Associated Press

September 7th, 2004 04:32 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Had 2 Brown Ales with lunch.

I was sick as hell this weekend -- didn't get to drink much of anything good. High fever, swollen glands (not the right one either), in bed with the chills vibrating like Hillary's dildo!

Finally got some booze in me!!

Heminevrin ?!?!?!

Developing ..................................

Shiver .............................

www.KeithMoon.com

Jacky !

[Edited by Joey]
September 8th, 2004 06:13 AM
egon Please, everyone, start drinking Heineken!
September 8th, 2004 10:45 AM
nankerphelge GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Deputies didn't have to go far to find this marijuana: It was growing right outside their Green Bay headquarters.

Green Bay television station WLUK-TV reported Tuesday that it received a tip and alerted the Brown County Sheriff's Department about the pot in a planter on the south side of the courthouse.

Chief Deputy John Gossage wasn't sure of the plants' identity, but a drug officer confirmed the presence of marijuana.

"Obviously, as a prank, somebody planted this or dropped some seeds into the plants," Gossage said.

The drug officer pulled the six small plants, which were to be destroyed.

"It's a good thing it was brought to our attention because someone may have realized what it was and could've taken it and used it," Gossage said.
September 8th, 2004 10:54 AM
Zeeta
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

The drug officer pulled the six small plants, which were to be destroyed.

"It's a good thing it was brought to our attention because someone may have realized what it was and could've taken it and used it," Gossage said.

That would have been VERY traumatic Mr Gossage!

What a waste of good skunk!
September 8th, 2004 11:09 AM
egon
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

If only gossage would rule the world. It would be a much safer place!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17