ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2002 RY/Rex Fearures
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What? Oh sure...another drinking thread...Part 7 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
August 25th, 2004 04:08 PM
Some Guy more coffee
August 25th, 2004 06:44 PM
gypsy Phew! I was all worried there for a second...I thought nanky was going to say he kicked yet another habit...and quit drinking...and I thought for a second that we'd have to close this thread down for good. Thank God nanky is still boozin'! Yay!
August 25th, 2004 07:42 PM
stewed & Keefed Been out to night and had a few Bishop Finger's,my god that's good ale
August 25th, 2004 08:31 PM
beer
quote:
Joey wrote:

I would like to nibble your elbows

Joey, do you use a 'Dental Dam' when nibbling random peoples elbows? You could get Athletes elbow of the mouth or something.
August 26th, 2004 03:29 AM
gypsy I highly doubt that joey takes the above precautions, beer.
August 26th, 2004 05:49 AM
egon he washes it away with Heineken.
That stuff cures anything from "the love hurt" to hangovers.
August 26th, 2004 08:33 AM
nankerphelge Yep -- still drinkin' -- had a couple of Heinekens last night and a whole coop full of Buffalo wings!!
August 26th, 2004 08:58 AM
egon And here we are; Thursday 14.59 PM Central South France time.

Just need to bypass 3 hours and i'm home free. or should i say; bar free?!

Nank, everytime you say "Heinkeken" you make me giggle like a schoolgirl.
August 26th, 2004 09:09 AM
nankerphelge You know, when Mr. Heineken died a few years ago, the Heineken website had a place where you could send your best wishes to the family.

I told the tear-jerking story of how, when I was young, me and my good buddy Steve used to save our hard-earned money for beer -- we'd scrape together $6 or so from stocking shelves at the local general store or servicing some of the old widows around town (mowing their lawns for God's sake, you twisted people) -- and rather than go out and buy a case of Genesee or Miller, we'd plunk down that hard-earned cash for that food-of-the-gods, an ice-cold six-pack of Heineken!! Then we'd hop in the car, drink them bastards, hit the chiba, throw on some Stones and go play Frisbee. I'm weeping as I type this!!

And now this:
The Mounties are still trying to get their beer.

More than a week after 54,000 cans of Moosehead lager (search) vanished on a New Brunswick highway, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police tracked down the truck driver who had been hauling them.

RCMP Sgt. Gary Cameron told the Canadian Press wire service that Wade Haines, 30, was not yet a suspect, just a "person of interest."

The 18-wheeler, still running, and its empty trailer were found in the parking lot of a McDonald's on the Maine-New Brunswick border after Haines failed to show up at a Toronto depot Aug. 16.

Haines himself was located Tuesday in southern Ontario.

"We are speaking with him," Cameron said. "He is not under arrest. No one is under arrest."

As for the beer, which was destined for Mexico and has labeling in both English and Spanish, it's been turning up here and there.

August 26th, 2004 09:14 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
(search) vanished on a New Brunswick highway, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police tracked down the truck driver who had been hauling them.

RCMP Sgt. Gary Cameron told the Canadian Press wire service that Wade Haines, 30, was not yet a suspect, just a "person of interest."

The 18-wheeler, still running, and its empty trailer were found in the parking lot of a McDonald's on the Maine-New Brunswick border after Haines failed to show up at a Toronto depot Aug. 16.

Haines himself was located Tuesday in southern Ontario.

"We are speaking with him," Cameron said. "He is not under arrest. No one is under arrest."

As for the beer, which was destined for Mexico and has labeling in both English and Spanish, it's been turning up here and there.

The goddam bears are out of contol up here.

August 26th, 2004 09:28 AM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:

Just need to bypass 3 hours and i'm home free. or should i say; bar free?!

Egon ..................never say " Bypass " to The Joey !

Oh, OH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Developing .......................................

********** END TRANSMISSION **************
August 26th, 2004 09:34 AM
Some Guy test
August 26th, 2004 10:56 AM
egon Fuck it, i'm leaving early and catch the start (and finish!) of happy hour!

And so should YOU
August 26th, 2004 11:17 AM
WildBillGrover Raise a glass to another great season for the Nebraska Cornhuskers!!!

GO BIG RED!!!

The BobFather:

Three Heismans:

Defining Moment in History:

August 26th, 2004 11:45 AM
Joey

" The BobFather: "

Amen WBG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Devaney MADE that program and " The Huskers " in turn gave birth to the following powerhouses :

Miami Hurricanes
Washington Huskies
Georgia Tech ( circa early 1990's )
Colorado
Keith Moon

Bercey !

August 26th, 2004 12:29 PM
gypsy WBG and joey, you guys are so funny! Nebraska. Ha!
Seriously, OU is going to kick ass this season.
August 26th, 2004 02:03 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
WBG and joey, you guys are so funny! Nebraska. Ha!

.........like they did their last two games of last season ?!?!?!?!

{ CA - RACK ! }

" Off the Facade Ronnie ! "

Smarmy !
August 26th, 2004 02:34 PM
gypsy joey, you may not nibble my elbows.
August 26th, 2004 02:44 PM
Sir Stonesalot Intersting choice of clothing your 2001 Heisman winner made.

My prediction for this season....another trip to the toilet bowl for the Nittany Lions.

The good thing about that is that it doesn't matter if you make it from the tailgate to the game. Penn State, a drinking school with a football problem.

This years drink of choice for tailgating at Beaver Stadium...Rolling Rock pony bottles.
August 26th, 2004 04:13 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
joey, you may not nibble my elbows.

You make Joey sad.
August 27th, 2004 07:57 AM
egon Damn right!

August 27th, 2004 08:00 AM
egon Oh how i wish this was true...

http://www.freeebeer.com/about_freebeer.html
August 27th, 2004 09:46 AM
nankerphelge Last night -- drank some red wine.
Tonight -- not sure yet -- no need to make that decision just yet!
August 27th, 2004 09:51 AM
egon you could drink it all.... twice!
August 27th, 2004 09:53 AM
WildBillGrover
quote:
gypsy wrote:
WBG and joey, you guys are so funny! Nebraska. Ha!

Yes, I painfully know that (they've got our best D coach), but since they are the enemy, I cannot sing their praises. Huskers will always be #1 to me. I have been following them since the mid '60s and we have had season tickets in the family since the 1930s, so I'm far from a fair-weather fan.

I may be having to drink up if the West Coast offense fails! Cheers.
August 27th, 2004 10:15 AM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Last night -- drank some red wine.
Tonight -- not sure yet -- no need to make that decision just yet!

One Word :

" Jaggerbomb "

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ! Tasty !

Skittles Joe Joe Bean !
August 27th, 2004 11:38 AM
sirmoonie
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/americas/08/26/canada.beer.heist.reut/index.html

God bless them. Even in this crazy, topsy-turvy world of ours, some people still shoot for ceiling.
August 27th, 2004 11:39 AM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

God bless them. Even in this crazy, topsy-turvy world of ours, some people still shoot for ceiling.

Moof Piss ?!?!?!

" Quadro : It Blows Doors Ronnie ! "

Tardrite Joe !
August 27th, 2004 11:41 AM
egon
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

SELLING the beer?!

What ARE they talking about?
August 27th, 2004 11:47 AM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:

What ARE they talking about?

Why , ............. THIS ! ....of course !!! :

The 2005 Tardrite completely overhauled the body style.
No more hard breaks along the temporal lobe.
Nosiree -- 2005 brings a sleek aerodynamic look with flowing lines and a mercurial "wing" on the sides!

Plus, the optional voice recognition system allows one to make pitch and yaw adjustments "on the fly" .

Burscee Joesy !

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17