ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2002 RY/Rex Fearures
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What? Oh sure...another drinking thread...Part 7 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
October 10th, 2004 02:33 AM
gypsy Why are you in Dallas? Don't tell me it was for the OU/Texas game. I'm only 2 1/2 hours away from you. So close, yet so far...why?
October 10th, 2004 03:43 AM
Bloozehound screw OU

moonie all the nightlife is at Deep Ellum.

speaking of which, a friend of mine was in DFW recently, and he went out with his friends to Deep Ellum, and he got roofed. (roofied aka rohibinal aka the date rape drug)

There was a bunch of chicks in his group, and some dudes were buying them shots at a bar. He says he took one of the shots and everything went blurry shortly after, and he had barely drank anything. He says he hardly remembers getting kicked outta the bar for "drunkeness" and the next thing he knew he was waking up at 5 am next to his car in a parking lot.

I asked him if his ass was all buttered up, lmao
October 10th, 2004 12:48 PM
stewed & Keefed Just a few glasses of white wine today after a very heavy night
[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
October 10th, 2004 10:29 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Why are you in Dallas? Don't tell me it was for the OU/Texas game. I'm only 2 1/2 hours away from you. So close, yet so far...why?

Just work. Lonely fucking work.
October 10th, 2004 10:49 PM
gypsy I'm sorry, sirmoonie. Just think of that little tomboy girl in her girly polka dot dress with a little frown, and that should cheer you up.

And go fuck yourself, Bloozehound.

That is all.
October 10th, 2004 11:10 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
gypsy wrote:
And go fuck yourself, Bloozehound.

?

I root for the Longhorns
October 10th, 2004 11:41 PM
gypsy Well, if you watched the game yesterday, the Longhorns lost to the Sooners.
October 11th, 2004 01:38 PM
egon Well, back from "gay paris".

Saw an very un-interesting football match, had some nice food, had muchos beeros (yes the green ones), didn't see any of the touristic sights, got my ass kicked by a taxi driver and I now know that no one drinks like the irish.

Thank you please.

Oh and, joey check your PM. Check it gooood.
October 11th, 2004 08:31 PM
LadyJane Back from my weekend with Doug's gang in Annapolis!! Thank God the Liver Function Tests were already done this year!!

And I hope all of you could feel the love when Nanky and I toasted the RO Drinking Thread as the Blushing Brides (they were REALLY good) played "Rocks Off".

lushfully yours,
LJ.

October 12th, 2004 02:13 AM
gypsy I felt a tingling sensation, and joey ran to the bathroom. I should have known you two were behind it!
October 12th, 2004 09:20 AM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I felt a tingling sensation, and joey ran to the bathroom. I should have known you two were behind it!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

" They say that love often passes in a second
And you can never catch it up
So I'm hanging on to you as though eternity beckon
But it's clear that the match is rough
Common sense's tell me not to try'n continue
But I'm after a piece of that diamond in you
So keep an eye open
My spirit ain't broken
Your love is so incredible
Your body so edible
You give me an overdose of love
Just a little is enough ...........( fade to Baby Steelie ) "

Jacky T.

October 12th, 2004 11:01 AM
nankerphelge Yesterday at lunch here in Sweet Virginia, I was fortunate to find myself in the company of a crew from the Royal Air Force.

I had more than a few beers with a big scotsman named John, and lost my car!

October 12th, 2004 12:35 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Yesterday at lunch here in Sweet Virginia, I was fortunate to find myself in the company of a crew from the Royal Air Force.

I had more than a few beers with a big scotsman named John, and lost my car!

You make Joey giggle .
October 12th, 2004 04:15 PM
gypsy joey, Howe gay is Nanky's post? He's so besotted with this "big Scotsman," that I fear he will be donning a kilt soon.
October 12th, 2004 04:28 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
joey, Howe gay is Nanky's post? He's so besotted with this "big Scotsman," that I fear he will be donning a kilt soon.

Gypsy ........................

At the " Rio Suites " in Vegas there is this bar called , " The Tilted Kilt " where the bartenders ( yes , some are male ) must wear a stylish looking kilt . Luckily , the place was not very crowded so my Brother and Myself didn't feel like we were at a Howe Class Reunion .

Shiver ...............................................

www.HoweMilitary.com

Little Friskies !
October 12th, 2004 04:31 PM
nankerphelge He was a really funny guy -- I had a difficult time understanding everything he said -- except I know the bathroom is called a "bog"
October 12th, 2004 05:41 PM
gypsy And HOWE did you find out about the "bog?" I'm thinking Nanky joined the Mile-High Club in a most Howe-like way!
October 12th, 2004 05:45 PM
nankerphelge He kept saying he had to go to the bog.

Then he'd get up and go into the bathroom.

I find my sexual orientation under severe attack today!
October 12th, 2004 05:47 PM
gypsy Yes. But did he or did he not wink and nod toward the "bog" in an inviting way? Yes or no answers only please.
October 12th, 2004 05:51 PM
nankerphelge maybe
October 12th, 2004 05:54 PM
gypsy Hmmmm. Just as I thought. Did he give you a comehither glance? Yes or no please.
October 12th, 2004 06:02 PM
nankerphelge no, not really, well, sort of...

October 13th, 2004 05:29 AM
egon by this time tomorrow (which is actually the day after tomorrow in local time...) i'll be sipping budweisers in CA.

Oh baby!!
October 13th, 2004 09:49 AM
nankerphelge Hey -- get to DC for some Newcastles!
October 13th, 2004 10:46 AM
telecaster
quote:
gypsy wrote:
And HOWE did you find out about the "bog?" I'm thinking Nanky joined the Mile-High Club in a most Howe-like way!

I have this vision of nanky, Sean Connery and a sheep all wrestling in a mens room

Make it go away
October 13th, 2004 10:53 AM
nankerphelge AUGSBURG, Germany (CNN) -- After 30 years of hard work and trial and error, brewmaster Axel Heiliger says he has come up with a way to save the beer industry time and money.

The 64-year-old, who comes from a brewing family, has developed a novel technique that fuses yeast to the sides of specially created ceramic-lined cylinders during the brewing process.

Heiliger designed the first prototype in 1997. Now, after rigorous industry testing, German company Scheiblich Brewing Company is mass-producing Heiliger's invention, known as the Aubras fermenting system.

Fermentation of beer traditionally involves placing wort -- the sweet malt liquid before it is fermented and turned into beer -- into a vessel.

Yeast is then added, converting sugar into alcohol and carbon dioxide gas. The fermentation process takes about 10 days.

But Heiliger, who began thinking about alternative beer-making techniques when he started studying brewing in 1964, says this process is traditionally an uncontrolled one in which the yeast "free floats."

"You throw the yeast into the vessel and say, 'Now go and work. I have prepared some food for you and it is nice and sugary, so go and do your thing'," he says.

His own process allows the yeast to work quicker and involves first fixing the yeast to the ceramic lining of a stainless steel cylinder.

The yeast fuses itself to the surface and feeds the wort at an increased rate, meaning the fermentation process takes only a few hours.

Any normal brewer's yeast can be used in his process but the lifespan of the yeast is much longer than in traditional processing, where yeast degenerates after three brews and starts to affect the quality of the beer, says Heiliger.

"We tested it and after a year the yeast was still good. The beer still tasted fine. We wouldn't normally keep the same yeast for that period of time but it shows that you can do without cleaning for, say, six months," he says.

"My system is closed so once you put the yeast in, it stays there. You do not need to touch it. The more you touch the yeast, the greater risk of getting an infection which is deadly in a brewery."

Heiliger says that his device takes up about 30 square meters, whereas traditional systems can be up to 300 square meters in size.

"Back when I first studied brewing, I thought, there must be a better way so I set to work to find one," says Heiliger, who wants production of his invention to remain in Germany.

"We have proved that it's not just words we are talking. We can produce good beer as well."

He believes the invention will be useful for boutique breweries.

"Although the industry of small breweries is well established, my principle works using a 10th of the floor space and is quicker so I am sure it will generate a lot of interest."

He hopes bigger, more established breweries will also be interested, particularly in the summertime, when beer drinking is at its most popular in Germany.

October 13th, 2004 10:55 AM
Joey

Nanky !

Two words :

HOWARD CARTER !!!
October 13th, 2004 08:19 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Charges filed against Belushi impersonator in Blues Brother chase

Associated Press

CRYSTAL, Minn. - A John Belushi impersonator was charged with a pair of felonies on Wednesday after a strange incident that included a high-speed chase and a singing Elvis.

Hennepin County prosecutors charged Roger Paul Arneson, 47, of Minnetonka with felony theft of a motor vehicle and fleeing a police officer. He was also charged with drunken driving, according to the criminal complaint.

Arneson's first court appearance was scheduled for Thursday. He remained in custody Wednesday and bail was set at $25,000.

According to the complaint:

Police responded to a report of a medical emergency at the Crystal Veterans of Foreign Wars hall about 10:25 p.m. Monday and found a man dressed as Elvis who appeared to be unconscious.

As officers approached, the man appeared to fake having a seizure then jumped up and started singing an Elvis song.

A female motorist told an officer that she had stopped to help the prone Elvis when a passenger in her car drove away without her permission. Police said she described the man as dressed like Belushi's character in "The Blues Brothers."

The officers found the car at nearby Crystal Airport, which prompted a high-speed chase throughout the property that reached speeds over 70 mph. Officers eventually forced the car to spin out and stop and they arrested the driver.

Crystal Police Capt. Dave Oyaas said previously that it appeared both Arneson and Elvis - Terrence Schulz, 27, of Anoka - had been drinking "quite a bit."

Arneson refused to submit to a urine or blood test, according to the complaint. Schulz, who has not been charged, has said that he had not been drinking, but Arneson had.

Sue Nabors, a VFW waitress who saw what happened, said the impersonators know each other and often sing at local lounges.

She said Schulz "is a good Elvis singer" and Arneson "sings, too," but "not as often, and not as good."

Schulz said he fell because he was out of breath from running to catch up with Arneson, who had left the bar without him.
October 14th, 2004 04:27 PM
gypsy I still want to know where Nanky's head is! Did the scotsman take your head?
October 15th, 2004 02:32 PM
SheRat Well, a Scotsman clad in kilt left the bar one evening fair
And one could tell by how he walked that he'd drunk more than his share
He fumbled 'round until he could no longer keep his feet
And he stumbled off into the grass to sleep beside the street

Chorus:
Ring ding diddle liddle i-de-o, ring di diddley-i-o
Oh, he stumbled off into the grass to sleep beside the street

About that time two young and lovely girls just happened by
One says to the other with a twinkle in her eye
See yon sleeping Scotsman so strong and handsome built
I wonder if it's true what they don't wear beneath the kilt...

(chorus)

They crept up on that sleeping Scotsman quiet as could be
Lifted up his kilt about an inch so they could see
And there behold for them to view beneath his Scottish skirt
'Twas nothing more than God had graced him with upon his birth...

(chorus)

They marveled for a moment then one said we must be gone
Let's leave a present for our friend before we move along
As a gift they left a blue silk ribbon tied into a bow
Around the bonnie star the Scots kilt did lift and show...

(chorus)

Now the Scotsman woke to nature's call and stumbled towards the trees
Behind the bush he lift his kilt and gawks at what he sees
And there'n a startled voice he says to what's before his eyes
Oh, lad I don't know where you've been but I see you won first prize.
Ring ding diddle liddle i-de-o, ring di diddley-i-o
Oh, lad I don't know where you've been but I see you won first prize!!!!

[Edited by SheRat]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17