ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2002 RY/Rex Fearures
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What? Oh sure...another drinking thread...Part 7 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
October 15th, 2004 02:56 PM
Joey " Well, a Scotsman clad in kilt left the bar one evening fair "

<------ Hello SheRat ... How's Cardy doing ?!?!
October 15th, 2004 03:35 PM
sirmoonie Increased alcohol consumption = decreased personal responsibility.

A direct inverse relationship, that I hope you all get the opportunity to explore this weekend.

Cheers!
October 15th, 2004 03:38 PM
Factory Girl I'll be drinking Beck's this weekend. And you???
October 15th, 2004 03:42 PM
LadyJane I really should lay off the booze this weekend.

I really, really should.

Nah....it's the weekend.

LJ.
October 15th, 2004 03:57 PM
gypsy Love those lyrics, SheRat--thank you!

I'm not drinking this weekend--but I do plan on taking a lot of pills!
October 15th, 2004 04:16 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Increased alcohol consumption = decreased personal responsibility.

A direct inverse relationship, that I hope you all get the opportunity to explore this weekend.

Cheers!

You are much loved by the Joey

*** It's Almost Pub Time ***
October 15th, 2004 04:30 PM
gypsy What is happening to the C10?!
October 15th, 2004 04:41 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
gypsy wrote:
What is happening to the C10?!

Terrible, isn't it. Shades of the internecine at Appomatox.
October 15th, 2004 04:46 PM
nankerphelge I am here to tell you that there is absolutely nuthin' wrong with the C10 that wasn't always wrong with the C10.

Today -- Newcastles at lunch
Tonight -- Newcastles for happy hour
Later tonight - wine with dinner
Later later tonight -- wine with Yankees
Even later tonight - hydrocodone and chiba!

That, my friends, is a purely hetero C10 FRYDAY nite!
October 15th, 2004 04:55 PM
gypsy "I am here to tell you that there is absolutely nuthin' wrong with the C10 that wasn't always wrong with the C10."

Today -- Newcastles at lunch in the bog with big Scotsman
Tonight -- Newcastles for happy hour with big Scotsman
Later tonight - wine with dinner whilst sitting in lap of big Scotsman
Later later tonight -- wine with Yankees (when game gets a bit dull, then it's off to the bog with the big Scotsman)
Even later tonight - hydrocodone and chiba in the bog with big Scotsman

That, my friends, is a purely hetero C10 FRYDAY nite!

Yes it is, Nanky. Indeed!

October 15th, 2004 04:57 PM
nankerphelge You lil' devil -- you make nanky laugh out loud again!
October 15th, 2004 05:14 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
What is happening to the C10?!

Can't help you there ......................

But I do know THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tonight , The Joey's favorite band " Acoustic Groove " is playing at " THE BRAZEN HEAD " and that means two things :

1. ) Copious Amounts of Guinness

2. ) Numerous shots of BarenJager

..........Oh , and " Jaggerbombs " too .

So , My little Stonescicles , please remember to sit , sip and salivate whilst listening to some beautiful music this evening and remember :

Some people have to have the sultry evenings
Cocktails in the blue, red and grey
But we love every minute of the day .............

We love every minute of the day ..... ( fade to Steelie ) !

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME .

K.C. Joe !

October 15th, 2004 05:19 PM
gypsy I miss you, joey. I'll think about you all weekend.
See ya Monday!
October 15th, 2004 05:26 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I miss you, joey. I'll think about you all weekend.
See ya Monday!

My Princess :

Come To Joey ....................and we'll make a book of records .

Sassy !
October 15th, 2004 06:31 PM
sirmoonie FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!

FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!
October 16th, 2004 03:08 PM
stewed & Keefed
October 16th, 2004 03:29 PM
LadyJane I am quite proud to say that it is Saturday and I am NOT hungover. That's right...I behaved myself last night.

Hmmmmm...something tells me we'll have to remedy that tonight!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Dear God...that's not rain..it's wet snow. SNOW...October 16th...oh yes...drink time!!

LJ.
October 16th, 2004 04:35 PM
gypsy I wish it would "snow" here, if you know what I mean.
October 17th, 2004 10:00 PM
LadyJane One week ago I was hoisting beverages with Shidoobeeans/Ro'ers. It's just not the same. Here's to all of you!!!

Cheers!!

LJ.
October 18th, 2004 02:17 AM
parmeda Went to a wedding reception this evening...had a helluva time. Typical Italians...great food, great wine, great fights!

However, I did come to the conclusion that most of my family needs to lay off the juice...especially my male cousins...it's either that, or they can take their macho asses out to the parking garage. These weak-assed-so-called-drinkers started some shit right in front of the sweet table...there was cannoli EVERYWHERE! I thought my mother and her sisters where going to have "the big one" when they saw the tables collapse. They could have cared less that someone was getting their ass kicked...but a cardinal rule with them is, "Don't fuck with their cookies!"...rotflmao

They had better bow down to these old coots tomorrow or I am considering banning them from my upcoming holiday parties. ...assholes
October 18th, 2004 08:24 AM
nankerphelge Me and the avatar did some serious drinking last night.

Trying to reconnect.

We did shots of tequila, see who puked first.
I lost -- never could handle that stuff in quantity.
He's the devil, he can drink all night (I always fall for that!)
October 18th, 2004 08:32 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Nanky what about these avatars? Now that you lost your evil one I tried to recover it from the vaults and found some old ones. Some of them you used in the past and one of them is a cool addition

don't you love this one? It was sent to me by "someone"

October 18th, 2004 08:40 AM
LadyJane OMG........gypsy has outdone herself this time!!

The devil wearing a HOWE cap!!!!

ROTFLMFAO.

LJ.
October 18th, 2004 08:49 AM
nankerphelge You know that's what he was taking about last night in our tequila haze!

He kept laughing and singing this song:

"Fee, fee, fi, fi, fo-fo, fum
Look at me now, here I come
Wearin' my horns and smile to match
Got high-heel shoes and a lil Howe cap!

I'm the devil with the Howe cap, Howe cap, Howe cap
Devil with the Howe cap on
Devil with the Howe cap, Howe cap, Howe cap
Devil with the Howe cap on"

All makes sense now.

October 18th, 2004 11:19 AM
parmeda rotflmao...

So, Nanky...I take it (with THAT song) your avatar got to the worm in the tequila bottle before you did?
October 18th, 2004 11:59 AM
LadyJane Pammy...that Wedding sounds hilarious!!

I just love big Italian weddings. I was at one a few years back and there had to be at least 3000 cookies. When they announced the cookies were "open" there was such a rush I thought I was at a Stones show. Shoving, and pushing to stuff the take home bags.

Something tells me YOU will keep your cousins in line!

LJ.

October 18th, 2004 04:26 PM
nankerphelge CORDELE, Ga. -- A Georgia man facing arson charges for burning his own home is blaming nine or 10 beers, and a disaster movie.

Charles Adams told Crisp County authorities he had been drinking while watching the movie "Day After Tomorrow."

Adams allegedly told deputies that after watching the special-effects extravaganza depicting deadly natural disasters caused by global warming, he decided to set fire to pillows on his bed.

The flames destroyed his doublewide mobile home.
October 19th, 2004 11:44 AM
telecaster Vote for change! Voting to amend a state constitution to change the size of liqour bottles! Since my parents live in SC I can tell you this is near & dear to my heart:

Small bottles mean big decision for S.C. voters
Referendum has some waiting to toast minibottles' last drop
BY ROBERT SANDLER, The Island Packet
Published Sunday, October 3rd, 2004

It's not every day that voters can effect fundamental change in such powerful industries as liquor distribution and hospitality. But on Nov. 2, South Carolinians will have the opportunity to start bringing drastic changes to the state's bars and restaurants that sell 75 million minibottles of liquor a year.
Voters will decide whether to amend the state constitution to repeal its requirement that liquor by the drink be sold in sealed bottles of 2 ounces or less, a provision that was adopted more than 30 years ago but has since left South Carolina as the only state with such a requirement.

If voters approve the measure, minibottles still would be the law until the General Assembly decided to make a change. Legislators say they probably would leave the minibottle as an option and allow bartenders to pour from bottles that hold a liter or a fifth of a gallon.
State Sen. Scott Richardson said he was confident that if the referendum passes, lawmakers would allow taverns to pour from minibottles or larger bottles.

"I feel like we've finally created the best of both worlds," said Richardson, R-Hilton Head Island. "We've created a system where people can stick with the minibottle if they want to (or) they can do free-pour if they want to."

The amendment's supporters -- including legislators and hospitality trade groups -- say allowing liquor to be poured from big bottles will lower the portion size, from the 1.7 ounces contained in most minibottles to a more standard 1 ounce or 1.25 ounces. That especially will help tourists from out of state, who don't expect the drinks here to be so strong.

Mixed drinks that require more than one type of alcohol will become cheaper since they don't require the use of multiple minibottles, supporters say. And the 75 million minibottles purchased every year are so small that they can't be recycled, but most larger bottles can.

Opponents, led by liquor distributors, say their chief concern is that if the referendum passes and the General Assembly allows big bottles, there's no good way for the state to keep collecting taxes at the same pace.

Minibottles are taxed at 25 cents per bottle. Legislators have tried but failed to reach a compromise on how drinks would be taxed under a free-pour system.

One proposal would require bars that use free pour to use 1-liter bottles, which would then carry a much higher tax, enough to counter the taxes that would be raised on the same amount of minibottles. A competing idea would levy an additional sales tax of about 5 percent on mixed drinks.

John Kelsey, who owns Rollers Liquors and Triangle Liquors on Hilton Head Island, says neither proposal would raise enough tax revenue to offset what could be lost by allowing alternatives to the minibottle. Both of Kelsey's stores sell minibottles to bars and restaurants but not the public.

"I don't see anything wrong with minibottles," Kelsey said. "It's a good, clean system. It's a good way to get a decent drink. You know what product you're getting."

If the 1-liter bottle system is adopted, it would be easier for state workers to track and collect the tax revenue, supporters say. But the higher taxes probably would prevent people from buying the 1-liter bottles at liquor stores.

If the higher sales tax on drinks is adopted, it would need to be more than 5 percent, Kelsey said. Supporters and opponents of this idea each point to separate studies by economists that claim the other's side will cost the state precious tax revenue.

The General Assembly will have the final decision on whether to allow an alternative to minibottles and how to collect the taxes, assuming the referendum passes.

Opponents have warned that drinks will become less potent and that tavern customers won't get a fair deal. With a big bottle, bartenders simply eyeball the amount that they pour and can pour less than a fair amount, they say. Opponents also fear bars can dupe their customers by dumping off-brand liquor into a brand-name bottle.

But the amendment's supporters say that kind of talk is just fear-mongering.

Tom Sponseller, executive director of the Hospitality Association of South Carolina, said bars would lose business if they tried to pull the wool over customers' eyes.

"I'll be the first to tell you if you have a taste for something and you order that ... and you don't get it, you're going to go somewhere else," Sponseller said. "No business will survive cheating their customers. It doesn't happen."

Jill Golden, executive director of the Hilton Head Area Hospitality Association, said bars and restaurants would find pros and cons to the use of minibottles.

Big bottles probably will be cheaper, but bars will have trouble finding space for them. Many bars were built to accommodate the minibottles and won't be able to hold the big bottles. The smaller containers are also easier for inventory control and to train bartenders, who don't have to measure portions from a large bottle, Golden said.

She said the local hospitality association supports the amendment because it would give bars and restaurants a choice of what type of bottle to use.

Roy Prescott, who owns Prescott's Steaks & Seafood and Remy's Sports Bar & Grill on Hilton Head, said he wouldn't mind if minibottles went away. For bars, he sees one good thing about minibottles and a couple of reasons to dump them.

The good part for Prescott is that he has better control of his inventory with minibottles. But using big bottles is better for the environment and can give visitors a more standard amount of alcohol, he said.

"I have no problem with big bottles coming in," Prescott said. "You just adjust to change, and life goes on."

October 19th, 2004 06:01 PM
gypsy I love the Howe cap-wearing Satan. People underestimate him...like, oh, he's such a queen now...but he will initiate you Howe-style like no man's business.
October 19th, 2004 06:17 PM
Mr. D
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I just love big Italian weddings. I was at one a few years back and there had to be at least 3000 cookies. When they announced the cookies were "open" there was such a rush I thought I was at a Stones show. Shoving, and pushing to stuff the take home bags.

This is the exact reason I love weddings on the Italian side of my family. I just stuff my face with pastry till I drop. When I'm done I look like one of those kids from that movie "Heavyweights" after they had a food party (plus odds are I've been throwing down some booze as well...I mean, I've gotta have fun SOMEHOW.)
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17