ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2002 RY/Rex Fearures
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What? Oh sure...another drinking thread...Part 7 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
September 8th, 2004 11:25 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
egon wrote:
Please, everyone, start drinking Heineken!

Yeah, that's a good idea Egon:

Winst Heineken sterk gedaald

AMSTERDAM - De bierbrouwer Heineken heeft in de eerste helft van dit jaar de winst fors zien dalen. Dit is onder meer veroorzaakt door de zwakke dollar en de zwakke economie in Europa, waardoor het horecabezoek afnam.

Netto verdiende Heineken 293 miljoen euro tegen 400 miljoen euro in de eerste zes maanden van vorig jaar, zo blijkt uit de woensdag gepubliceerde halfjaarcijfers. In de daling van de nettowinst zat een post van 46 miljoen euro door het negatieve effect van de wisselkoersverschillen. De omzet steeg wel, met 11 procent tot 4,8 miljard euro.

Economisch klimaat

"Hoewel het economisch klimaat en de marktomstandigheden moeilijk blijven, ben ik ervan overtuigd dat het Heinekenmerk verder aandeel wint en we voortgaande autonome winstgroei zullen realiseren", zei bestuursvoorzitter A. Ruys. Heineken verwacht over heel 2004 een daling van de nettowinst. Dat komt vooral door de wisselkoersverschillen. Deze effecten zullen de verwachte autonome winstgroei en winstbijdragen van nieuwe acquisities meer dan teniet doen, verwacht het bierconcern.

Afzet

Er was ook goed nieuws. De afzet van Heineken in het topsegment steeg met 5,8 procent tot 9,5 miljoen hectoliter. De afzet in de Verenigde Staten nam met 9 procent toe. Verder verloopt de integratie van Brau Union volgens plan. Er is reeds voor 8 miljoen euro aan kostenbesparingen ingeboekt. Voor het hele jaar verwacht Heineken 25 miljoen euro te kunnen beparen. Om de besparingen te realiseren is wel een herstructureringslast van 10 miljoen euro nodig.
September 8th, 2004 11:27 AM
Angiegirl Ah, just saw your topic, damn, I was too late
September 8th, 2004 11:27 AM
egon so, so, so... the actually sell more beer than ever, but make less money?

well, i can live with THAT!

Quantity IS everything.
September 8th, 2004 05:09 PM
sirmoonie Eg, your Fenster link cracks me up! Whadafuh?!
September 8th, 2004 11:22 PM
parmeda Every now and then, it's a good thing to post Public Service Announcements, such as this...lol

GROUPS OFFERS BEER FOR BLOOD DONATIONS

Wed Sep 8, 2004
By CONNIE MABIN, Associated Press Writer

CLEVELAND - Some in Michigan who roll up their sleeves to donate blood will get a racetrack T-shirt, hat and pin. Sponsors in San Diego have given away whale-watching trips. On Wednesday, the Cleveland Regional Transit Authority handed out vouchers for a pint of any beverage, including beer, in exchange for a pint of blood.

The Cleveland promotion was the latest gift offered by businesses and organizations that sponsor drives to try to build up the blood banks, many of which are running desperately low, including in some parts of Ohio where there was less than a day's supply.

"Pint for a pint is a catchy message," said Karen Kelley, spokeswoman for the Red Cross in northeast Ohio. "I can see co-workers or neighbors getting together days following the drive to enjoy a celebratory drink for having helped others."

Kelley said the supply in northeast Ohio area including Cleveland was critically low. There was less than a half day's worth of type A negative, for example. Without new donations, area hospitals will be forced to rely on neighboring states for blood — if those states can spare it.

Nationally, there was about 2 1/2 days' worth of blood on hand Wednesday. A healthy supply is five to seven days' worth, said Michelle Hudgins, spokeswoman for the Red Cross.

Hudgins said the vouchers handed out in Cleveland can be used for any beverage in the city's Warehouse District, a collection of trendy bars, night clubs and restaurants near downtown.

But beer or any other kind of alcohol is an option, as long as the donor is over the legal age of 21 and waits at least 24 hours after giving blood to drink alcohol. Giving blood leaves people dehydrated, so the alcohol could have an extra strong effect too soon after donating.

Frank Humr, a city firefighter who donated Wednesday afternoon, said he'd give his voucher away.

"I don't drink anymore," said Humr, 44. "Maybe I'll buy someone a beer. I donated blood, I'll donate my beer."

Kelley said the point was more about getting the attention of the 95 percent of eligible blood donors who don't give.

"The voucher is for a beverage of your choice. In my case that would probably be a mocha latte with shaved chocolate," Kelley said.

The transit authority also gave away free bus rides to the drive site in the Warehouse District to downtown workers who wanted to donate during the event, which ends Thursday.

"To get the blood supply up beyond emergency levels, we all need to do our part," said Joe Calabrese, the authority's general manager.

The idea to trade brew for blood has been used before — local breweries in Colorado last fall gave away free beer during a drive for the United Blood Services of Durango. And businesses and other sponsors of blood drives for years have been giving away goodies such as pizza, pies or coupons for discounts on books.

The Red Cross Great Lakes Blood Services and Michigan International Speedway are teaming up for a blood drive on Saturday. Donors get a Spirit of America 400 T-shirt, hat and pin. Kodak will give away disposable cameras and donors will be offered other gifts, including ice cream and track tours.

In February 2003, the San Diego Blood Bank had a drive in which participants got a voucher for a whale-watching trip courtesy of local sports fishing shops.

Hudgins, the Red Cross spokeswoman, said the group appreciates the push for donors but can't always promise incentives.

"We don't want them to donate just because there's something in it for them," she said. "The real gift is that they could be saving up to three lives."
September 10th, 2004 02:29 PM
stewed & Keefed It's Friday night that means it's Stella time
September 10th, 2004 02:35 PM
nankerphelge Ahhhhhh Fryday

Still got a lil' WooooOOOOOooozzzzZZZZZzzzzy buzz from the hydrocodone.

But tonite, it is happy hour at:

www.clarendonballroom.com

YES -- rooftop drinkage!!!

Brown Ale always tastes better on a roof!!

September 10th, 2004 02:40 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Ahhhhhh Fryday

Still got a lil' WooooOOOOOooozzzzZZZZZzzzzy buzz from the hydrocodone.

But tonite, it is happy hour at:

www.clarendonballroom.com

YES -- rooftop drinkage!!!

Brown Ale always tastes better on a roof!!

Uncle Mortys ?!?!
September 10th, 2004 02:51 PM
nankerphelge Not tonite Joey.
It is so beautiful here today in DC, I need a rooftop bar!

Blue sky, warm sun, puffy clouds dotting the horizon.
Soon, as the sun sets, it will be a balmy evening with the sweet smell of Arlington, Virginia (predominantly Deisel exhaust mixed with Salvadoran chicken stands) in the air.

But the beer shall flow freely, and the merriment and laughter shall drown out the sound of Reagan National's flight path, and all will rejoice at another week's toil left behind!

Until someone tosses it over the side and the bouncers come.
September 10th, 2004 02:55 PM
parmeda Okay, boys & girls...I'm sharing!
I've been outside since this morning doing yard work.
It's hot.
I'm busting my ass out there.
I'm starting to get a little cranky.
I'm thirsty as all hell.
I walk into the garage to put some tools away and as I walk past my freezer...
I REMEMBERED!!!!

...if you were watching, you probably never saw someone run into the house so fucking fast for a glass! Needless to say, I am "done" for the day
So, if you'll excuse me...I am going to assume the position on my sofa and catch the Cubs/Marlins double-header

Recipe for Lemon-ade Punch

1 - 2 liter bottle A & W Creme Soda
1 - 2 liter bottle Mountain Dew Soda
2 - 12 oz. frozen lemon-ade concentrate* (Any Brand)
1 - Bottle of ABSOLUTE (yes, the whole bottle!)

- Pour all of the ingredients into a large Tupperware container
- * do not add water to the lemon-ade concentrate* (Why on earth would you want to water this down?)
- Place the container in the freezer until a slush is formed (usually overnight, so make this the day before you'd like to have it)
- Ladle this golden little gem into a tall glass and prepare yourself...you've been warned!
September 10th, 2004 02:57 PM
glencar Yard work? Man, I should get around to that. I'm having an afternoon Heinekin.
September 10th, 2004 03:02 PM
nankerphelge Pammy -- that sounds mighty good!!

Bet that would mix well with HydRoCoDOne!!!
September 10th, 2004 03:22 PM
parmeda Nanky! Run out to your grocer and get this stuff...you can have it tommorrow!

The creme soda makes this go down sooooooo smooth...but, be careful when you stand to get up, lol

I expect a full report on you first thing Monday
September 10th, 2004 03:22 PM
LadyJane Somebody needs to send out a warning to the DC area....Nanky on Narcotics.

LMAO.....enjoy you nut!!!

LJ.
September 10th, 2004 03:46 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Not tonite Joey.
It is so beautiful here today in DC, I need a rooftop bar!

Blue sky, warm sun, puffy clouds dotting the horizon.
Soon, as the sun sets, it will be a balmy evening with the sweet smell of Arlington, Virginia (predominantly Deisel exhaust mixed with Salvadoran chicken stands) in the air.

But the beer shall flow freely, and the merriment and laughter shall drown out the sound of Reagan National's flight path, and all will rejoice at another week's toil left behind!

Until someone tosses it over the side and the bouncers come.

I too like rooftop bars and warm sultry evenings whilst sipping cocktails in the blue , red and grey ........................with the sweet smell of wine and kerosene .

That's where I found my mandarin plum
That's where you'd all be if you found one ......

Where the nights are bright
And joy is complete
Keep my squeeze on Green Flower Street .

J. Fly !

[Edited by Joey]
September 10th, 2004 07:16 PM
gypsy Awww...joey...you're all 'mushy.' It's so obvious you are longing for joshy.
September 11th, 2004 01:20 AM
Bloozehound chek ur nutz at the door
September 11th, 2004 04:08 AM
egon where am I?
September 11th, 2004 04:31 AM
stones-addict Has anyone heard from Josh, or did he get blown away by the hurricane?
September 11th, 2004 11:48 AM
parmeda I corresponded with Josh the other day...he's hanging in there and I'm sure that he's getting ready for round #2 with Ivan getting ready to knock on his door.

Hey Nanky, did you try the punch?
I have some left (it keeps well in the freezer) and I'll probably polish the rest of it off between today and tommorrow. Catch-up with me already, will ya!
September 11th, 2004 12:24 PM
nankerphelge Nope -- went to my lil' rooftop happy hour last night and hook-ah-ed up with my pal. Beautiful nite -- had a Red Stripe special ($2 a bottle). Felt that if I drank a ton of Jamacian beers and hoped really hard, Ivan might swerve around to the west of the island -- apparently my hard drinking paid off!! I'm very proud of myself for my thankless work!

I shall try that recipe tho -- sounded yummy.

September 11th, 2004 01:02 PM
LadyJane I am soooooooo hungover.

Nanky...on behalf of all of the residents and beautiful green chiba of Jamaica...a heartfelt thank you for your efforts.

Pammy...I need hair of the dog...that recipe sounds delicious.

Advil..where are you???

LJ.
September 11th, 2004 10:02 PM
sirmoonie I swear if I get a hold of the fucker who sold me this low grade acid, I'll wrap his tounge around the back of his ass! Three fucking mikes and not a goddam tracer in sight! I'll kill the fucker!
September 11th, 2004 10:23 PM
gypsy It must be bad, sirmoonie...cuz you don't ever spell "tongue" wrong. I can't believe it.

Well, I'm off to a party...was supposed to be there at 9...it's almost 9:30...fashionably late is cool. I think. I wish I could ask P Diddy, as he appears to have become the epitome of a party host.

September 12th, 2004 08:02 PM
stonedinaustralia i accidently stayed up late last night (sunday) - crashed out at some-ones place in the city and woke up approx 7.10 a.m. - bleary eyed and definitely over the limit i had to drive home (25 min drive) - shower, shave and put on my suit and then head back to the city to arrive 45 mins late for work feeling very,er, sketchy...

with just enough time to make this post before i have to go over to the courthouse - thank god i'm only seeking an adjournment
September 13th, 2004 04:25 PM
Joey
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I am soooooooo hungover.

Best to start drinking right away then ..............
September 14th, 2004 04:50 AM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
Joey wrote:

Best to start drinking right away then ..............

Thanks for the tip Joey,I will start right now
September 14th, 2004 12:42 PM
egon not a drop since last saturday!

"slipping awayyyyy"
September 14th, 2004 03:09 PM
nankerphelge One Brown Ale for lunch!

Planning on a few this evening!
September 14th, 2004 03:12 PM
parmeda Nank, you're slackin'!
Only 1 for lunch? ...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17