ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2002 RY/Rex Fearures
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What? Oh sure...another drinking thread...Part 7 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
September 19th, 2004 08:18 AM
nankerphelge As far as I am aware, there are no pictures of me anywhere in which I am in a compromising position with an animal.

And my high school was nothing like the esteemed Howe military academy. Howe is a white-glove, dress blues type of place -- and like the Marines, are apparently looking for a few good men!

My hometown looks more like a commercial for Chevy trucks.

September 19th, 2004 12:48 PM
LadyJane
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
As far as I am aware, there are no pictures of me anywhere in which I am in a compromising position with an animal.

The key phrase being..."as far as I am aware".

No hangover today...but again...as I look at the current threads on this Board I'm very tempted to hooked myself up with IV fluids...Fluids being Vodka or Rum or Gin or Jack.

We need some Stones news......BADLY!!

LJ.
September 19th, 2004 01:37 PM
Sir Stonesalot >I will smack that bitch up<

Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

I have been a very naughty boy. You must teach me a lesson that I'll not soon forget!!! Repeatedly.

I can't drink right now. And I REALLY REALLY need a drink.

Let's see...In the past 7 days I have been to THREE funerals, done 32 hours of overtime, and just yesterday worked a major flood event...at times with no radio or phones. And I gotta work tonight from 4pm until 8am. I am hoping that by the time I go back in, everything is back up and running. Last night was the very first time that I ever questioned my career change.

My problem is that if I start drinking...I may never stop. Ever.
September 19th, 2004 02:05 PM
Martha Stonesy..sounds like you need some rock and roll medicine and a very long vacation........in Jamaica.

Sorry to hear about all the stress going on in your life. That cannot be easy.

I have photos that I'm sending you they will go out this coming week.

Put on the armor....and hang tough.

love and hugs,
MArtha
September 20th, 2004 07:16 AM
egon I learned a valuable lesson yesterday.

drinking large quantities of beer in the hot sun
can get you into serious trouble. especially when you have to bike home afterwards.

so remember kids;
DON'T drink large quantities of beer in the sun.
Drink large quantities of beer INSIDE.

oh yeah, and don't eat yellow snow.
September 20th, 2004 09:37 AM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
egon, it's very simple. I just can't stand the taste of alcohol.

September 20th, 2004 09:44 AM
Nellcote NE Patriots 17th straight victory was enough reason for me to celebrate with several age manadated beverages yesterday....How about those Dolphins JB?
September 20th, 2004 11:07 AM
Joey " Let's see...In the past 7 days I have been to THREE funerals, done 32 hours of overtime, and just yesterday worked a major flood event...at times with no radio or phones. And I gotta work tonight from 4pm until 8am. I am hoping that by the time I go back in, everything is back up and running. Last night was the very first time that I ever questioned my career change........................ "

September 20th, 2004 01:03 PM
Lambchop* Went to Celticfest and they didn't have Guinness! By the end of the night they only had Coors Light left, or was it piss?

September 20th, 2004 01:45 PM
Joey
quote:
Lambchop* wrote:
Went to Celticfest and they didn't have Guinness! By the end of the night they only had Coors Light left, or was it piss?

Lambchop....................it was another long weekend for me -- tossing and turning in bed as I thought about that feckless , bathetic little Avatar of yours .

Personally , I don't give a " Rats Ass " where you went or what you drank -- It sure as Hell ain't gonna get you out of your D- D- D- D- D- Decaking Duties this week ............Now Get Over Here !!!!! ......................whilst I U- U- U- Uncake .

" Stones Rule "

Jacky Cakes !
September 20th, 2004 02:07 PM
Lambchop*
quote:
Joey wrote:

Lambchop....................it was another long weekend for me -- tossing and turning in bed as I thought about that feckless , bathetic little Avatar of yours .

Personally , I don't give a " Rats Ass " where you went or what you drank -- It sure as Hell ain't gonna get you out of your D- D- D- D- D- Decaking Duties this week ............Now Get Over Here !!!!! ......................whilst I U- U- U- Uncake .

" Stones Rule "

Jacky Cakes !

You're gonna care when I puke up your ass!

September 20th, 2004 02:30 PM
Joey
quote:
Lambchop* wrote:

You're gonna care when I puke up your ass!

Oh , you are SASSY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Like You !!!!!

Jersey !

[Edited by Joey]
September 22nd, 2004 06:41 AM
stewed & Keefed Day of work so, it's Stella day
[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
September 22nd, 2004 09:25 AM
Joey
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:
Day of work so, it's Stella day

Hello stewed & Keefed
Rocks Off Member
September 22nd, 2004 10:37 AM
egon
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:
Day of work so, it's Stella day

don't they call stella "wife beater"?
or was that kronenburgh?
September 22nd, 2004 10:46 AM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
egon wrote:

don't they call stella "wife beater"?
or was that kronenburgh?

I think it's Hürlimann
September 22nd, 2004 11:09 AM
egon in any case, drink a case!
September 22nd, 2004 11:38 AM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:
in any case, drink a case!

You drunk yet Egon ?!?!
September 22nd, 2004 02:27 PM
nankerphelge PARIS (AP) - Grape vines in the Champagne region are sagging this year with an abundance of fruit. But this won't mean increased supply - or cheaper bottles of bubbly for consumers.
It may, however, mean a very good vintage.

In Champagne - where the wine was served to kings for centuries to celebrate coronations - large harvests tend to produce great wines, said Daniel Lorson, spokesman for the Committee of Champagne Wines.

This harvest has the potential to be the Champagne region's largest since it first started recording yields about 100 years ago, said Lorson in a telephone interview.

"We are hoping this will be a very good vintage," he said. "All the signs are in place, but it is still too early to tell. We are still at the stage of hopes and expectations. That said, we are very optimistic."

From Bordeaux to Burgundy and beyond, France's wine regions are welcoming a return to normal after last year's harsh frosts and devastating heat wave. The result of that bad weather was often smaller, more sugary grapes which presented problems for some vintners.

Instead of the early and unusually small harvest of 2003, a copious yield is in store this year, vintners and wine officials say.

They say this harvest should produce some 1.55 billion gallons of wine for all of France - compared to about 1.45 billion gallons in a normal year. Last year, the yield dropped to 1.25 billion gallons.

The harvest started Monday in Champagne country, some 90 miles northeast of Paris. Even though vines are heavy with fruit, not all will be harvested. The amount of grapes gathered is strictly regulated by the INAO, an organization that sets yearly limits for each wine region. The measures are designed to ensure quality.

Vintners, citing the soft autumnal weather, are hopeful that 2004 will produce good wines.

"One of the rules of the art is that the quality of the vintage depends on the quality of the climate during the grape gathering," said Denis Verdier, president of Onivins, the French national wine office.

"The indicators are very good. If the weather stays nice, we'll go toward a very good year quality-wise," he said.

After a worrisome rainy August, vintners and their vineyards have basked in September sun.

"At the end of August, we were fairly worried because there was too little sun and too much water," said Cyril Brum, an oenologist at famed Champagne house Veuve Clicquot.

"We have been lucky that, since the beginning of September, we have had only two days of sporadic rain and lots of sun. So we've nearly made up for the delay we were facing at the end of August."

In Bordeaux, harvesting began Monday for the earliest white wine grapes and begins late this week for more famous reds like Saint-Emilion, Pomerol or Graves, according to Florence Raffard of the Council of Bordeaux Wines.

Bordeaux is also looking at a large volume of grapes. But like all wine regions, it also faces restrictions on how much wine can be produced - in its case, 1,320 gallons per 2.5 acres.

This year is more stable and predictable than last year, when acidity levels were too low to balance unusually high sugar levels, Raffard said.

"This year is more classic in terms of climate," she said. "We will probably see wines that are more typical of Bordeaux."

The earliest harvest began Aug. 23 in the southeastern Provence region, noted for its light wines.

Elsewhere, the harvest is staggered with grape-pickers swarming through vineyards in September and all harvesting completed by the end of October.

And grapes that will likely be left on vines this year won't go unappreciated.

"It is the deer and the animals who eat them," said Veuve Clicquot's Brum. "The birds are happy to eat the grapes that aren't harvested."

September 22nd, 2004 02:31 PM
Joey

Nanky ........................

Two Words :

" Howard Carter "
September 22nd, 2004 02:32 PM
nankerphelge An Illinois man has been charged with aggravated driving a vehicle under the influence of alcohol — a vehicle that has a top speed of 5 mph.

Donald R. Barton, 40, of the St. Louis suburb of Collinsville, stands accused of riding a Power Pro lawn mower while intoxicated down U.S. 40 in Troy, Ill., reports the Belleville (Ill.) News-Democrat.

"He said he was at his friend's house and drove the lawn mower down the road to see a friend at a tavern," said Diana Leonard, a spokeswoman for the Madison County (search) state's attorney's office.

A cop spotted Barton heading eastbound on Sunday evening around 8 p.m. and pulled him over.

"It was barely visible due to the fact that it had no headlights," Leonard told the newspaper.

Barton, whose bail was set at $20,000, is in serious trouble. His license to drive a car was revoked for two DUI citations five years ago, hence the "aggravated" part of the charge, which could net him three years in prison.

It wasn't clear whether Barton borrowed the lawn mower, or drove it from his home in Collinsville, about 10 miles from Troy.

September 22nd, 2004 02:33 PM
Joey

Nanky ..........................

Three Words :

" Howard Friggin Carter "
September 23rd, 2004 08:36 AM
egon Joey........

did YOU have your jaggerbomb yet today?
September 23rd, 2004 08:40 AM
LadyJane Is it possible to have a "chiba" hangover?

LJ.
September 23rd, 2004 08:44 AM
egon No.

I suggest you hit the bottle ASAP!
September 23rd, 2004 08:57 AM
LadyJane egon..it's only 9 a.m. here. I'm not working today, though. Hmmmmmmmm.......Nah......can't start drinking NOW!!!

LJ.
September 23rd, 2004 09:50 AM
egon says who?

not me, that's for sure.

i've found out that 3 shots of tequila in the morning takes the edge of your day (and less people die).
September 23rd, 2004 09:52 AM
Joey
quote:
egon wrote:
says who?

not me, that's for sure.

i've found out that 3 shots of tequila in the morning takes the edge of your day (and less people die).

Egon , I am so very very proud of you .

W- W- What ?!?!?! ....Oh , No " Jaggerbombs " yet !

Developing .............................

J.
September 23rd, 2004 09:58 AM
nankerphelge I had three Newcastles yesterday -- and some red wine with dinner.
September 23rd, 2004 10:24 AM
Factory Girl No chiba for Nanky?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17