ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Halifax Commons, Halifax NS Sept 23, 2006
© Ted Pritchard with thanks to Montana
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jimmy Carter worst President ever. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
14th September 2006 03:46 PM
Ten Thousand Motels An interesting read. (IMO)
http://www.buzzflash.com/articles/contributors/407
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
14th September 2006 03:49 PM
Joey " The Gulf Of Tonkin Resolution, promoted through fear and falsehood, created a dark and unalterable road on the path to war and tragedy in Vietnam. The Iraq Resolution in 2002, promoted through fear and falsehood, created a dark and unalterable road on the path to war and tragedy in Iraq.

For the first time in the history of our Republic, the coming election in November is nothing less than a national referendum, in which the American people will be voting whether to pursue, or prevent, the next dark and unalterable road to tragic and unwise war.

For the first time in the history of our Republic, a Congressional election is nothing less than a national referendum on whether America will, or will not, be governed as a vibrant two party nation, with three effective branches of government, as envisioned by our Founding Fathers.

We are up against mighty forces of power from a media machine that has been built for thirty years while our side has given close to zero. Not only the unprecedented apparatus of partisan Government media power. Not only supplicant television so extreme that even a publicly traded network, using publicly owned airwaves, promotes a propaganda film weeks before a historic election.

According to various reports, one conservative financier alone, Richard Mellon Scaife, has given over a billion dollars worth of support to the right wing media machine. As much as we dislike his methods, Mr. Scaife has every right to exercise his freedoms for his cause. Give a billion bucks, and we have a one party progressive government. Give a paltry $25 million, targeted to our media infrastructure, and we end one party state in a few short weeks.

This is crystal clear: the President and his Administration have a war fever mentality that is unprecedented in American history.

It is true: they are using the fear argument of World War III to seek to win yet another election.

But this is more true, and more dangerous: the President and the Vice-President believe it, and will do it. Along with Karl Rove their ambition is so vast that is it nothing less than a Manifest Destiny for the Republican Party, and their vision of centralized statist power, concentrating total power in the hands of one faction, of one party, ruled by one person.

Far too much attention is being given to the tactics, polemics, strategies and maneuverings of the election, and far too little attention to the enormous and potentially catastrophic stakes for America and the world, if we lose .......... "

14th September 2006 03:51 PM
glencar See, stuff like that is just fucking nuts. No one buys it except for loozers. And you two.
14th September 2006 03:52 PM
Joey " See, stuff like that is just fucking nuts. No one buys it except for loozers. And you two."

14th September 2006 03:55 PM
glencar BTW At the beginning of Real Good Looking Boy, the Who played Can't Help Falling in Love With You.
14th September 2006 03:56 PM
Ten Thousand Motels My vote doesn't count for anything (on a national level)in this election anyway. Our republican Senator, Olympia Snow, is a shoe in. As is the democratic Governor....Baldacci.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
14th September 2006 03:59 PM
glencar He's an ass.
14th September 2006 04:02 PM
gypsy Joey?

14th September 2006 04:05 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
He's an ass.

Baldacci?...yeah...no-one likes him too much. The dems tolerate him ... about it. Not a very exciting politico.
14th September 2006 10:35 PM
Taptrick
Carter said shopping in North Korea reminded him of Walmart. Nuff said.

14th September 2006 11:02 PM
Jiving Sister Jan I liked Jimmy. I especially loved his brother Billy & his beer.

14th September 2006 11:26 PM
PeerQueer Carter has lost his way.

The guy was a terrible prez. - funny how folks forget just how bad America was back in the Carter days...I was a kid and even I remember how low we were as a nation.

The bitching and sarcastic political bantering of today doesn't even touch how far gone this country was during Jim's one term.

Since that time he has been disgraceful in his public commentary - I don't care how many of those little homes he puts up for the so-called homeless, he gets no free ticket to spout his anti-American lunacy on my watch...

14th September 2006 11:29 PM
glencar
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
Carter has lost his way.

The guy was a terrible prez. - funny how folks forget just how bad America was back in the Carter days...I was a kid and even I remember how low we were as a nation.

The bitching and sarcastic political bantering of today doesn't even touch how far gone this country was during Jim's one term.

Since that time he has been disgraceful in his public commentary - I don't care how many of those little homes he puts up for the so-called homeless, he gets no free ticket to spout his anti-American lunacy on my watch...

Very reasonable post!
14th September 2006 11:32 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
glencar wrote:
Very reasonable post!

________-

Thank you - but I still won't let me suck my cock...
14th September 2006 11:33 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

________-

Thank you - but I still won't let me suck my cock...

Ah hell...that don't even make sense to me!

I gotta stop drinking at home...
15th September 2006 12:05 AM
mojoman old generals don't die they just fade away....or is it old presidents....
15th September 2006 01:17 AM
Starbuck again, carter wasn't that bad, certainly not the worst of the twentieth century, because you have to remember as well when someone is president - the late seventies were tough times in general, what with vietnam coming to a close and watergate ironing itself out and the sixties over and everyone saying "what the fuck just happened??" and farrah fawcett's nipple popping out on posters all around the country and tatoo screaming "da plane! da plane!" and poor feej drinking rondo instead of mountain dew, not to mention skipping the olympics and the soviets invading afghanistan and ringo releasing a few subpar albums and john travolta bursting onto the scene with his buddies horseshack, juan epstein and freddy boom boom washington, screaming "what? who? where?" and then changing into this big white suit with a flashing floor and the gibb brothers singing songs in the background like "night fever night fever we don't have to show it", soon to be followed by three mile island leaking raw sewage and nuclear material all over pennsylvania and norma rae screaming "equality for women! equality for women!", all the while belushi is also screaming "cheeseburger! cheeseburger! cheeseburger!" at the top of his lungs while wielding a samuri sword while watching jerry lewis's labor day telethon eating a fruitcake and thinking about buying a tank top at the local target.
15th September 2006 03:34 AM
wgwalsh The best leaders wouldn't be caught dead running for public office. They check their egos at the door and move forward to the many tasks at hand. Bill Gates is an example as well as Bill Cosby. Both men are educated and articulate. The politicians that are discussed in this forum are far from perfect, but at the very least have demonstrated tremendous courage by attempting to work the hardest job in the world.
15th September 2006 05:59 AM
lotsajizz It's nice to see the extent of historical knowledge on display here.....
15th September 2006 06:11 AM
Jumping Jack I hope Carter continues to stump for the Dems through November. More sound bites from the fringe please!
15th September 2006 07:16 AM
Ten Thousand Motels After Nixon & Ford, Carter was a breath of fresh air. Carter probably would have won reelection if the Iran-Contra gangsters hadn't pulled off the "October Surprise" that year.

15th September 2006 08:07 AM
Maxlugar Thank Carter for current situation with the Islamic Fundemetalists.

Thank Clinton for the North Korean Nukes and China getting valuable military technology. He also emboldened OBL by not responding to multiple terrorist attacks. (Yes, Reagan did it somewhat in Beruit too, but then he made up for it by what he did to Libya. Plus he was busy destroying the USSR, the dems best pals)

Carter and Clinton are ex-presidents who have not shut their mouth and feel they must meddle with the current adminsitration.

They are both dems.

Ah ha!
15th September 2006 08:11 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Thank Carter for current situation with the Islamic Fundemetalists.

HUH?????????

Oh come on....

BTW...Sean Penn was fascinating on Larry King last night.

LJ.
15th September 2006 08:19 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

HUH?????????

Oh come on....

He did nothing while our hostages were held for a year and a half. The Islamic revolution in Iran was the beginning of it all. I can go on and on with this but I'd rather fluff my liver up and primp it up real cute for some heavy drinking tonight.
15th September 2006 08:31 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
He did nothing while our hostages were held for a year and a half.

Carter didn't sell guns to the Iranians, but Poppy Bush and his boys did. (But then again trading with the enemy is a Bush family tradition... i.e. Prescott Bush)
15th September 2006 08:59 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Carter didn't sell guns to the Iranians, but Poppy Bush and his boys did. (But then again trading with the enemy is a Bush family tradition... i.e. Prescott Bush)

Please provide backup materials!

Look, I don't have to stand here and take this from you people! What is this, gang up on the smart and studious one today?
15th September 2006 09:04 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Please provide backup materials!

Look, I don't have to stand here and take this from you people! What is this, gang up on the smart and studious one today?

>provide backup materials!<
The Congressional Record.

>Look, I don't have to stand here and take this from you people! What is this, gang up on the smart and studious one today?<

Don't take it personally....the dems need some help here.

15th September 2006 09:12 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I can go on and on with this but I'd rather fluff my liver up and primp it up real cute for some heavy drinking tonight.

I like the idea of primping the liver rather than these discussions.

It's Fryday after all.

LJ.
15th September 2006 09:15 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

It's Fryday after all.

LJ.

Whoopie! I've already downed two....I don't think I can stop now.....................
15th September 2006 09:37 AM
Starbuck interesting read....

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/pr...dent_in_history
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)