ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Halifax Commons, Halifax NS Sept 23, 2006
© Ted Pritchard with thanks to Montana
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jimmy Carter worst President ever. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
20th September 2006 08:59 AM
not bound to please

20th September 2006 09:01 AM
Jimmy_Carter
20th September 2006 09:11 AM
not bound to please

20th September 2006 10:03 AM
Some Guy Is it over?
20th September 2006 10:20 AM
Riffhard Well I might as well get in one more post before this thread turns into a pumpkin. Look some here have obvious strong dissagreements with regards to the Bush Doctrine. Which,of course,is nothing more than proactively taking the war to the enemies of the USA,and to the free world at large. After 9/11/01 I fully support that idea. Have there been mistakes made? Obviously! There has yet to be war that mistakes have not been made.

Iraq was the one country inside the Mid East where the USA had an international green flag to proceed. Many here seem to forget that the Gulf War never ended. There was nothing more than a "cease of hostilities" signed with the agreement that military action could resume should Iraq break the UN treaty signed at the time. They violated it literaly days after signing it,and continued to do so up until the invasion of Iraq in 2003. The UN was prepared to do absolutely nothing in order to assure Iraq's compliance. Certain European countries were makeing hundreds of millions under the table so they were in no hurry to act either.

Hindsight being 20/20 it's very easy for Bush bashers to slam and ridicule the President and the mission. However,should an attack have come from Iraq,or Iraqi sponsered terrorists these same critics would have been slamming Bush for that too. Bush was in a no win situation. The fatcs are that this is world wide problem,and it's fair to say that it's also a world war that certain countries just haven't gotten the will or backbone to admit. Radical Islam is causing chaos on every continant,and in almost every European country. Yet the blame is always laid on Bush. Bush had absolutely nothing to do with the rise of this problem. No,the problem lies with generation after generation of Islamic youth being indoctrinated into a radical and murderous mindset that denies the right's of Israel,and calls America "The Great Satan". Bush is willing to call a spade a spade. His UN speech will be ignored by most countries including our supposed allies in Europe. The future will once again see the USA bearing the burden of this fight until those European countries have no choice but to share the burden. With Iran trying to obtain a nuke this burden should be shared sooner rather than later. I fear that the only leader on the world stage willing to confront our mutual enemy is the one leader that gets slammed for it on regular basis.

Too bad really. Because the shit is gonna hit the fan soon,and then all the "I told you so's" in the world be too late.

Riffy
[Edited by Riffhard]
20th September 2006 10:30 AM
rasputin56
20th September 2006 10:33 AM
pdog Bums me out, on the eve of a North america tour, a political thread gets the most posts...
Is this a sign of the bands legacy
20th September 2006 10:33 AM
Maxlugar Right Riffy.

I also hope that everyone here blathering on about how Bush needs to take on Iran so they don't get nukes instead of "wasting time in Iraq” is prepared for what will happen when he does. Iran is not Iraq. There will most likely be attacks inside this country and they will turn the Straits of Hormuz into a giant Jiffy Lube. There will most certainly be attacks in the city I commute to every day. Iran has sleeper cells all over this country. I'm on record as supporting it. This is necessary. But let's see how long the Anti-Bush dorks support it before the starts squealing that we are wasting our time with Iran and should be concentrating on North Korea.
20th September 2006 10:56 AM
Starbuck riffy, much of what you said in the above post is true, and that is coming from a flaming leftie. the following are completely accurrate statements:

quote:
The fatcs are that (islamofascism) is world wide problem.

Radical Islam is causing chaos on every continant,and in almost every European country.

the problem lies with generation after generation of Islamic youth being indoctrinated into a radical and murderous mindset

the shit is gonna hit the fan soon!

everyone, lefties included, realize that radical islam is a huge problem that needs to be eliminated. anyone who watched the towers fall, or the trains in madrid or the buses in london blow up, will not disagree with you. but what we lefties believe is that the tactics bushie used are all fucked up. of course we want the reactionaries gone, but you can't eliminate them using the tactics of the bush administration. you can't win a war of ideas or a guerilla war using conventional tactics. you need to reach the man on the street on a personal level, which is something the current administration has no clue how to do.
20th September 2006 10:59 AM
rasputin56 Excellent post and spot on!
20th September 2006 11:14 AM
Starbuck why thank you raspy!

i may just have a career in posting...
20th September 2006 11:14 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
Starbuck wrote

everyone, lefties included, realize that radical islam is a huge problem that needs to be eliminated. anyone who watched the towers fall, or the trains in madrid or the buses in london blow up, will not disagree with you. but what we lefties believe is that the tactics bushie used are all fucked up. of course we want the reactionaries gone, but you can't eliminate them using the tactics of the bush administration. you can't win a war of ideas or a guerilla war using conventional tactics. you need to reach the man on the street on a personal level, which is something the current administration has no clue how to do.

So lets hear your ideas on how to achieve this. I believe spreading democracy throughtout the Middle East reaches the man on the street over there best. How do you think it should be done?
20th September 2006 11:28 AM
pdog
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

So lets hear your ideas on how to achieve this. I believe spreading democracy throughtout the Middle East reaches the man on the street over there best. How do you think it should be done?

We should have a huge rock concert promoting brotherly love and world peace. We can call it... Hmmm?
Let's call it Hippe Love Jam 2006...
20th September 2006 11:30 AM
Starbuck i can tell you how it can't be done. it can't be done through the barrel of a gun. those tactics do not work to kill ideas.

you will laugh when i tell you what needs to be done. you will say i am soft on security and a flower loving hippie and a nincompoop and that i am inviting another 9-11 and should have my citizenship revoked and blah blah blah. but here goes.

we need to rebuild palestine. we need to send in preferrably US corporations to build homes, businesses and clean up the goddamn place. gaza is a cesspool of a hell hole of a crap factory. i know cause i've been there several times. it is so goddamn poor that little things like electricity and running water are almost a luxury. if we went in there and turned the place into a somewhat liveable country, the man on the street in the arab world would realize that we aren't evil stormtroopers, and his sympathies would be turned away from ebracing the radicals. of course, not a dime of the money spent to rebuild palestine should be given or handed over to the corrupt palestinian govt...they just give us the visas and we go in with our bulldozers.

i am serious about this, too.

now, commence the hurling of insultages.
Some Guy We could solve this with a hot blast from Howard Sterns ass.
Maxlugar YES!
Saint Sway Bush's legacy will show he was the worst president ever...
20th September 2006 11:31 AM
Saint Sway 9/11...
Maxlugar I win!
Saint Sway Iraq...

Katrina...

Halliburton...

Enron...

[Edited by Saint Sway]
20th September 2006 11:35 AM
Jimmy_Carter The good guys always finish last!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)