ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Halifax Commons, Halifax NS Sept 23, 2006
© Ted Pritchard with thanks to Montana
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jimmy Carter worst President ever. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
15th September 2006 09:52 AM
rasputin56 Just a quick question for all the Rambo clones out there, what would they have done differently during the hostage crisis? Full scale invasion? What?

And if you're looking for the cause of Islamic fundamentalism in Iran look no further than the our previous governments who propped up a corrupt, oppressive and brutal dictator for years. Yes, that includes both Dem. and Repubs. To lay the rise of Islamic fundamentalism solely on Carter who was only in office for less than 3 years at that time is naive and ignorant.
15th September 2006 10:54 AM
Maxlugar The fall of Iran set in motion the advance of radical Islam and the rise of terrorism that brought us to 9/11. If we had stuck by the Shah, the history of the last 25 years in the Middle East would have been very different. Sticking by dictators has done us damage in the middle east and there are other reasons for the terrorism we see today. But handing an entire country over to Islamic Fundementalists without a damn shot fired would be the key moment any smart person would see as THE moment. Jimmy Carter gave us this moment.

Thanks for your time,

Maxy
15th September 2006 10:55 AM
jb The Shah was a great man.....a friend to all. RIP Shah.
15th September 2006 11:00 AM
glencar Jimmy Carter was certainly no Rambo nor did he need to be. But simply being a man would have helped. He has blood on his hands!
15th September 2006 11:02 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Jimmy Carter was certainly no Rambo nor did he need to be. But simply being a man would have helped. He has blood on his hands!

The shah "rocked the kasbah"..rip shah.
15th September 2006 11:03 AM
Joey " The shah "rocked the kasbah"..rip shah."

15th September 2006 11:05 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

The shah "rocked the kasbah"..rip shah.

Yes, our abandonment of him is a hallmark of shame. Thanks Jimmah!
15th September 2006 11:08 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
The Shah was a great man.....a friend to all. RIP Shah.

Well he may have been a dictator, but he was our dictator.
But I wouldn't go as far as to say that all those poor folks tortured in SAVAK dungeons were exactly his friends.
15th September 2006 11:10 AM
glencar Nor were they our friends...
15th September 2006 11:11 AM
Ten Thousand Motels WHIRLWIND by James Clavell....a great novel with a lot of historical background about Iran.
15th September 2006 11:11 AM
Riffhard
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
The fall of Iran set in motion the advance of radical Islam and the rise of terrorism that brought us to 9/11. If we had stuck by the Shah, the history of the last 25 years in the Middle East would have been very different. Sticking by dictators has done us damage in the middle east and there are other reasons for the terrorism we see today. But handing an entire country over to Islamic Fundementalists without a damn shot fired would be the key moment any smart person would see as THE moment. Jimmy Carter gave us this moment.

Thanks for your time,

Maxy

Right you are Macky! In fact most people from both sides of the political spectrum agree with this point. The rise of fundamentalism in Iran was in direct correlation to the spread of whabbism throughout the region. It was also the point at which the rise of the Shias in Iran,and then in Iraq really came into fruition. Should anyone bother to read the true history of radical Islam the obvious fact is conclusive. Ayhotalla Kohmani was the strating point for the shitstorm that has followed. Carter had absolutly no idea how to handle it atthe time,and ever since he has been an absolute disgrace.

People here bitch and moan about the fact that Reagan gave arms to Iraq. Rather short memories here I think. I fully remember the utter frustration and outright anger at the Carter Admin. Take a look at the election results of 1980 and it's as plain as day as to who Americans held accountable for the state of affairs that Jimma had left us to deal with. The funny thing is that the Dem party distanced themselves with Carter for over a decade because of his failed presidency,but Democrats,being Democrats,have since tried to rewrite history and paint his dismal failure as president in a new revisionist light. Funny. Laughable. Typical.

Riffy
15th September 2006 11:12 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Nor were they our friends...

How do you know that? I suspect most of them were just Joe Six Pack types caught up in security sweeps.
15th September 2006 11:19 AM
rasputin56 And still no solutions from the Jimmah hatahs. Just bitching. Ironic, huh?

Speaking of Whabbism, which country is the chief exporter of that stuff again?
15th September 2006 11:23 AM
glencar The solutions are in force. What would Carter have done after a 9-11 event? The mind reels at the possibilities...
15th September 2006 11:23 AM
jb I enjoyed the Shahs royla wardrobe as well. Lets face it, we would have been beter to keep both Mr. Shah and Sadaam in power, as they kept the poison that is Islamofascism in check. Can anyone post a pictureof the late Shah in the royal gold outfit?
15th September 2006 11:27 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
The solutions are in force. What would Carter have done after a 9-11 event? The mind reels at the possibilities...

Well I doubt he would have gutted the Constitution like you-know-who.
15th September 2006 11:29 AM
jb It's time for us to wake up and start fucking nucking these sickos....
15th September 2006 11:32 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
And still no solutions from the Jimmah hatahs. Just bitching. Ironic, huh?

Solutions? This is a thread about the failure that was and is Jimmy Carter. There is no solution to that. Except that he just die and give me a day off. God forbid, of course...but you know...
15th September 2006 11:35 AM
Joey " Solutions? This is a thread about the failure that was and is Jimmy Carter. There is no solution to that. Except that he just die and give me a day off. "

15th September 2006 11:35 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
jb wrote:
I enjoyed the Shahs royla wardrobe as well. Lets face it, we would have been beter to keep both Mr. Shah and Sadaam in power, as they kept the poison that is Islamofascism in check. Can anyone post a pictureof the late Shah in the royal gold outfit?

Not a robe, but...

Resplendent!

"Jimmy Carter hung me out to dry. I warned you all!"
15th September 2006 11:37 AM
Riffhard
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
And still no solutions from the Jimmah hatahs. Just bitching. Ironic, huh?

Bitching? Huh? I'm not bitching I'm just pointing out facts. Carter lost his reelection bid in the largest landslide for any incumbant president in history. Reagan then went on to get reelected in 1984 with the largest landslide in Presidential election history. Those are real facts Raspy. Even if you hate to admit to them.

Whabbism may well come from Suadi Arabia. However,the advent of it was directly in correlation to the rise of radical Islam in Iran! I also find it totally repugnant of libs to try and hang the entire relationship between the USA and Saudia Arabia on the Bush Admin. Clinton also had a very tight relationship with them as will the next President. Gee maybe it's time we start drilling for oil here?! We haven't built a new refinery in the States in over thrity years because of which party Raspy? Clinton also had the world's number one terrorist stay at the White House on many occassions. How quickly you libs discount the fact that Arafat was Clinton's guest at the WH more than any other world leader. Yeah,Carter and Clinton really delt radical Islam a serious blow! Please!

You can lie to yourself about known facts,but I ain't buying into that bullshit revisionist history. I know the truth. I study the shit son!

Riffy
15th September 2006 11:38 AM
jb Thanks maxlugar-the Shah, imho, was a friend to all civilized people..RIP Shah.
glencar When Ronald Reagan died, we didn't get a day off! I refuse to take a day off when Carter dies!
Joey

15th September 2006 11:39 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:
Thanks maxlugar-the Shah, imho, was a friend to all civilized people..RIP Shah.

Ahmednijah(sp) is a threat to all, especially jews!
15th September 2006 11:41 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Even my aunt, who is a staunch Bush supporter, says that Jimmy Carter was a too nice guy to be President. My aunt and I aren't on speaking terms at the moment. She won't answer all these cool emails I send her. Like most republicans she doesn't have her facts straight....and I crude her about it all the time. She may be a bitch and a republican but I lover her just the same...LOL.
15th September 2006 11:43 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
glencar wrote:
When Ronald Reagan died, we didn't get a day off! I refuse to take a day off when Carter dies!

The market closes for dead presidents. I got the day off for Nixon and Reagan. Carter and Ford and knock, knock, knockin'...
15th September 2006 11:43 AM
PeerQueer [quote]Maxlugar wrote:
The fall of Iran set in motion the advance of radical Islam and the rise of terrorism that brought us to 9/11. If we had stuck by the Shah, the history of the last 25 years in the Middle East would have been very different. Sticking by dictators has done us damage in the middle east and there are other reasons for the terrorism we see today. But handing an entire country over to Islamic Fundementalists without a damn shot fired would be the key moment any smart person would see as THE moment. Jimmy Carter gave us this moment.

Thanks for your time,

Maxy

100% correct.

'Nuff said.
15th September 2006 11:45 AM
glencar
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

The market closes for dead presidents. I got the day off for Nixon and Reagan. Carter and Ford and knock, knock, knockin'...

I got teh day off for Nixon but for feds it's up to what the POTUS designates. With Raegan's passing, only those who worked in DC area got the day off. And that was only for the non-essentials...
15th September 2006 11:45 AM
jb
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Even my aunt, who is a staunch Bush supporter, says that Jimmy Carter was a too nice guy to be President. My aunt and I aren't on speaking terms at the moment. She won't answer all these cool emails I send her. Like most republicans she doesn't have her facts straight....and I crude her about it all the time. She may be a bitch and a republican but I lover her just the same...LOL.

He is not nice at all..he is rude and arrogant to all but his kind..
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)