ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Halifax Commons, Halifax NS Sept 23, 2006
© Ted Pritchard with thanks to Montana
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jimmy Carter worst President ever. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
19th September 2006 01:36 PM
rasputin56 "I think we ought to declare [the containment policy] a success. We have kept him contained, kept him in his box." He added Saddam "is unable to project conventional power against his neighbors" and that "he threatens not the United States." [Source: State Department, 2/23/01 and 2/24/01]
19th September 2006 01:40 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
"I think we ought to declare [the containment policy] a success. We have kept him contained, kept him in his box." He added Saddam "is unable to project conventional power against his neighbors" and that "he threatens not the United States." [Source: State Department, 2/23/01 and 2/24/01]

Typical naive liberal. Still living in a pre-9/11 world...
19th September 2006 01:43 PM
telecaster Maxy howe much was it that Saddam was paying suicide bombers to blow themselves up in Israel after 9/11? $25K I think

How come the Saddam apologists like Moonie, Raspy & MM ignore that?

As you, jb and myself know, those suicide bombers killed more Americans than
WTC1, USS Cole, & the attacks on our embassy's combinded that occurred under Clinton

So Bush put a stop to Saddam funding the $25k per suicide bomber by getting Saddam and, oddly, those suicide bombers stopped 100%

I like that Bush guy, he gets results

By the way, we can't kill Bin Laden because the left tells us when we kills terrorists it only creates more terrorist
19th September 2006 01:44 PM
telecaster
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
"I think we ought to declare [the containment policy] a success. We have kept him contained, kept him in his box." He added Saddam "is unable to project conventional power against his neighbors" and that "he threatens not the United States." [Source: State Department, 2/23/01 and 2/24/01]

Figures you would quote from the liberal weenie State Dept still loaded with Clinton leftovers. Remember, the Bush team wasn't in place yet

See suicide bombing post above and tell me how it was again he was contained
19th September 2006 01:48 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

I win! Because I know that the war on terror involves much,much more than just getting OBL. When we do get him,and we will,mark my words all libs will say that we somehow fucked that up too because Bush did this that and the other. Shit after Zarqauwi(sp?) was killed the NYT immediately started questioning whether the USA had tortured him? Who fucking cares? I hope we did! Anything at all to disparage and undermine the war effort is fair game to the Bush bashing morons.

There was a time when the MSM believed the old adage "Loose Lips Sink Ships". Now it's all about slamming Bush and questioning his intelligence. Funny considering that Kerry has a lower IQ,and was a D student. At least Bush has the understanding that these Islamofucks are counting on liberals to convince us to leave Iraq so they can fill the vacume. That means nothing to the Bush bashing loony libs though. They know that they would playing into the hands of these beheading madmen yet they would rather do that then ever agree with Bush. Scary really,but typical of the balless liberals.

Riffy

Nope, I win. My seminal "Fuck Islam" post years ago, said everything you are trying to say you knew or, laughably, that you would LOVE to try to believe that George Walker Bush III knows.

Dude, special ed kids have higher IQ than George Walker Bush III - you lost that battle the day he opened his mouth. Don't worry, you can still do the touchy-feely "well, at least he cares...." argument.

Man, what would you guys do without imaginary libs to persecute you and your love George Walker Bush III? You would have nothing to say at all. You would be like those wind-up toys that keep walking into a wall and run out of spring-loaded energy. NEEeeeeeeeerrrr.............zit.
19th September 2006 01:50 PM
RollingstonesUSA Last night at Applebee's, there was a group called the gay Republicans....lmao
19th September 2006 02:01 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
Last night at Applebee's, there was a group called the gay Republicans....lmao

Oh, the Log Cabin dudes? I believe Paul Lynde was their president for a time.

19th September 2006 02:04 PM
telecaster
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Yeah, I was all for it. Big time. I was wrong. Wasn't watching the big picture and against my better instincts, was listening to an idiot.

How John Kerryesque

You were for it before you were against it

Not very Churchillilan there
19th September 2006 02:07 PM
rasputin56
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Figures you would quote from the liberal weenie State Dept still loaded with Clinton leftovers. Remember, the Bush team wasn't in place yet

See suicide bombing post above and tell me how it was again he was contained

My bad, I forgot to mention it was your new boogeyman, Colin Powell, that said it. I'm pretty sure he was on the Bush team by then.

I sure hope those suicide bombers didn't spend all that money in one place. It's sad that your kind has sunken to that level to justify a war. Sad.
19th September 2006 02:08 PM
rasputin56 Vice President Dick Cheney said that "Saddam Hussein is bottled up" – a confirmation of the intelligence he had received. [Source: Meet the Press, 9/16/2001]
19th September 2006 02:08 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
telecaster wrote:

How John Kerryesque

Not very Churchillilan there

Nahhhhhhh, Churchill admitted he was wrong many times. Its called being an adult. Even George Walker Bush III has admitted he was wrong before, and he's so dumb he doesn't even know what he's for in the first place most of the time. You're probably the only person who is able to convince himself that he's never wrong.
19th September 2006 02:10 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Oh, the Log Cabin dudes? I believe Paul Lynde was their president for a time.

I know you love them like royalty Max, but even you have to admit that this dude is "logged hard-core in the Cabin."

He's poofy! Rhymes with moofy.

19th September 2006 02:11 PM
telecaster
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

My bad, I forgot to mention it was your new boogeyman, Colin Powell, that said it. I'm pretty sure he was on the Bush team by then.

I sure hope those suicide bombers didn't spend all that money in one place. It's sad that your kind has sunken to that level to justify a war. Sad.

Like I said, weenie State Dept. What does Colin have to say about the suicide bombers? If he was contained howe come he fired 500 missles at US & British planes after Colin baby said that? Some containment

That is so funny! Spend the money in one place. A liberal making fun of people getting blown up.

You guys are a riot!

You should be on Air America........if they are still broadcasting
19th September 2006 02:11 PM
Some Guy will jb delete this here thread?
19th September 2006 02:13 PM
telecaster
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
Vice President Dick Cheney said that "Saddam Hussein is bottled up" – a confirmation of the intelligence he had received. [Source: Meet the Press, 9/16/2001]

Can you source a link with the rest of Cheney's statement on Iraq and Saddam, not just a cherry picked line

TIA
[Edited by telecaster]
19th September 2006 02:16 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

I know you love them like royalty Max, but even you have to admit that this dude is "logged hard-core in the Cabin."

He's poofy! Rhymes with moofy.

I don't know. Doesn't matter. We have a big tent! OooOOooOooOoOo!!!!!
19th September 2006 02:18 PM
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
will jb delete this here thread?

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2006/09/19/1158647654_6693.jpg
19th September 2006 02:19 PM
telecaster
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Nahhhhhhh, Churchill admitted he was wrong many times. Its called being an adult. Even George Walker Bush III has admitted he was wrong before, and he's so dumb he doesn't even know what he's for in the first place most of the time. You're probably the only person who is able to convince himself that he's never wrong.

No, we get it

Like Kerry

Got it
19th September 2006 02:21 PM
Riffhard
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

He said it a full nine months prior to 9/11/01 Raspy! All bets were off after that day. You,and yours,don't,and never will,get that though. Bush is your boogeyman. You can't see the real enemy. Your hatered of Bush has blinded you to any logic concerning Radical Islam. And,yes it was alive and well inside Iraq prior to the war.

Riffy
19th September 2006 02:31 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

He said it a full nine months prior to 9/11/01 Raspy! All bets were off after that day. You,and yours,don't,and never will,get that though. Bush is your boogeyman. You can't see the real enemy. Your hatered of Bush has blinded you to any logic concerning Radical Islam. And,yes it was alive and well inside Iraq prior to the war.

Riffy

Riffy,

Never try to make love with your brains through the nostrils. If ever, wash yer hands first.

[Edited by Dick Bush]
19th September 2006 02:34 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Can you source a link with the rest of Cheney's statement on Iraq and Saddam, not just a cherry picked line

It's not quite as Raspy quotes, of course.

MR. RUSSERT: Saddam Hussein, your old friend, his government had this to say: "The American cowboy is rearing the fruits of crime against humanity." If we determine that Saddam Hussein is also harboring terrorists, and there's a track record there, would we have any reluctance of going after Saddam Hussein?

VICE PRES. CHENEY: No.

MR. RUSSERT: Do we have evidence that he's harboring terrorists?

VICE PRES. CHENEY: There is--in the past, there have been some activities related to terrorism by Saddam Hussein. But at this stage, you know, the focus is over here on al-Qaida and the most recent events in New York. Saddam Hussein's bottled up, at this point, but clearly, we continue to have a fairly tough policy where the Iraqis are concerned.

MR. RUSSERT: Do we have any evidence linking Saddam Hussein or Iraqis to this operation?

VICE PRES. CHENEY: No.

Clearly a week after 9/11 Cheney is stating first things first. Which is what happened. Interesting also how he says flatly "no" when asked if Iraq was involved with 9/11 when the liberals have been claiming the adminstration has indeed been lying that Iraq was invloved. It's clear to anyone but the unhinged libs that invading Iraq was about preventing another 9/11.
19th September 2006 03:17 PM
rasputin56
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Riffy

Radical Islam was alive and well in Iraq prior to the war? Good stuff. I mean sure, now the Shia is turning into Iran West but before, too? Your slavish devotion to Bush blinds you from seeing that your hero took what he thought as the easy route to looking like a tough guy by going into Iraq, a secular state, led by a military dictator instead of confronting Iran, a country led by radical Islamists who by ALL accounts is/was very close to getting nukes or hell, even Syria who is probably responsible for more terrorists and suicide bombers against Israel than Saddam ever could dream of. Yeah, keep telling yourself Iraq was a good idea.
19th September 2006 03:18 PM
telecaster I thought there was more to it Maxy. You gotsta watch these guys

It would be really cool if one of the Saddam Apologist Trio would offer someting besides criticism. You know, like an idea, an alternative approach. A thought perhaps

Dare to dream

But I guess all we will get "Bush sucks" until he is out of office

19th September 2006 03:20 PM
jb Bottom line, we must nuke iran before they nuke us..they are evil personified and with our lord and savior Jesus Christ's help, they will be killed.
19th September 2006 03:23 PM
telecaster
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

Radical Islam was alive and well in Iraq prior to the war? Good stuff. I mean sure, now the Shia is turning into Iran West but before, too? Your slavish devotion to Bush blinds you from seeing that your hero took what he thought as the easy route to looking like a tough guy by going into Iraq, a secular state, led by a military dictator instead of confronting Iran, a country led by radical Islamists who by ALL accounts is/was very close to getting nukes or hell, even Syria who is probably responsible for more terrorists and suicide bombers against Israel than Saddam ever could dream of. Yeah, keep telling yourself Iraq was a good idea.

Raspy this will be really hard for you. Really hard. But tell the board what you suggest the US does regarding Iran

This is the part where you have to take a position instead of only offering criticism. I know this is new but try it

I just want you on record so when the shit does hit the fan we don't get this "I was for it now I am against it" stuff we have seen on this thread

Thanks in advance
19th September 2006 03:30 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

Radical Islam was alive and well in Iraq prior to the war? Good stuff.

There was clearly an operational alliance forming. We invaded and now those dreams are dashed. Dolts, like you would rather it fully materialized and a US city nuked before we act. Whatchya think of this kind of thing, Francis?:

"On February 3, 1998, Ayman al Zawahiri, bin Laden's Egyptian deputy, came to Baghdad for meetings with Iraqi leaders. The visit came as Islamic radicals gathered once again in the Iraqi capital for another installation of Hussein's Popular Islamic Conferences. Iraqi vice president Taha Yasin Ramadan welcomed them on February 9 with the language of jihad:

The Islamic nation's ulema, advocates and preachers, are called upon to carry out a jihad that God wants them to carry out through honest words in order to expose the U.S. and Zionist regimes to the world peoples, to explain facts, and to say what is right and to call for it. This is their religious duty. The Muslim ulema are called upon before Almighty God to act among the Muslim ranks to confront the infidel U.S. moves and to raise their voices against the U.S.-Zionist evil.

19th September 2006 03:35 PM
rasputin56
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Raspy this will be really hard for you. Really hard. But tell the board what you suggest the US does regarding Iran

This is the part where you have to take a position instead of only offering criticism. I know this is new but try it

I just want you on record so when the shit does hit the fan we don't get this "I was for it now I am against it" stuff we have seen on this thread

Thanks in advance

I take it back, paint chips couldn't possibly have done it alone. Dropped, too?

You won't like my suggestions because it doesn't involve nukes or genocide. I'd suggest a full scale invasion but your hero has exhausted our military and that would just unnecessarily endager more of our servicemen and women which your kind seems very eager to do. So I guess some kind of limited, tactical attack might work. After all, we'd probably be greeted as liberators. Anyways, my opinion is moot because the super-duper Republicans have a permanent majority.

Stay the course.
19th September 2006 03:39 PM
rasputin56
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

There was clearly an operational alliance forming. We invaded and now those dreams are dashed. Dolts, like you would rather it fully materialized and a US city nuked before we act. Whatchya think of this kind of thing, Francis?:

"On February 3, 1998, Ayman al Zawahiri, bin Laden's Egyptian deputy, came to Baghdad for meetings with Iraqi leaders. The visit came as Islamic radicals gathered once again in the Iraqi capital for another installation of Hussein's Popular Islamic Conferences. Iraqi vice president Taha Yasin Ramadan welcomed them on February 9 with the language of jihad:

The Islamic nation's ulema, advocates and preachers, are called upon to carry out a jihad that God wants them to carry out through honest words in order to expose the U.S. and Zionist regimes to the world peoples, to explain facts, and to say what is right and to call for it. This is their religious duty. The Muslim ulema are called upon before Almighty God to act among the Muslim ranks to confront the infidel U.S. moves and to raise their voices against the U.S.-Zionist evil.

Yeah, that Chalabi was a hoot, wasn't he? You didnt just use that idiotic "mushroom cloud" thing, did you? Again, if that's what you were concerned about, you went after the wrong Ira_ country.

Senate: No prewar Saddam-al-Qaida ties By JIM ABRAMS, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - There's no evidence Saddam Hussein had ties with al-Qaida, according to a Senate report on prewar intelligence that Democrats say undercuts President Bush's justification for invading Iraq.

Bush administration officials have insisted on a link between the Iraqi regime and terror leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. Intelligence agencies, however, concluded there was none.

Republicans countered that there was little new in the report and Democrats were trying to score election-year points with it.

The declassified document released Friday by the intelligence committee also explores the role that inaccurate information supplied by the anti-Saddam exile group the Iraqi National Congress had in the march to war.

It concludes that postwar findings do not support a 2002 intelligence community report that Iraq was reconstituting its nuclear program, possessed biological weapons or ever developed mobile facilities for producing biological warfare agents.
19th September 2006 03:41 PM
rasputin56 With that, I've grown tired of this thread. Jimmy Carter was not a great president.
19th September 2006 03:42 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

I take it back, paint chips couldn't possibly have done it alone. Dropped, too?

You won't like my suggestions because it doesn't involve nukes or genocide. I'd suggest a full scale invasion but your hero has exhausted our military and that would just unnecessarily endager more of our servicemen and women which your kind seems very eager to do. So I guess some kind of limited, tactical attack might work. After all, we'd probably be greeted as liberators. Anyways, my opinion is moot because the super-duper Republicans have a permanent majority.

Stay the course.

You got suckered into that one, man. You gotta reply to these by asking him what he would do - you think a Bush Geek has a coherent idea on anything? They follow George Walker Bush III - they are more all over the place than a pre-road kill squirrel on amp.

Freedomness is on the march! Good is better than bad! Clinton did it!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)