ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy
Arriving to rehearsals - Greenwood College, Toronto July 19
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: the rocks off rolling stones bit torrent thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
June 15th, 2005 09:34 PM
cabledogg2 New on the tracker "Tropical Disease". This is a disc's worth of Exile On Main Street out's and demos. The overall quality is quite good a few of the tracks do have some apparent tape hiss. The artwork is included........cabledogg2

1. Shine a Light
2. Loving Cup
3. Shake Your Hips
4. Sweet Virginia
5. Good Time Women
6. Stop Breaking Down
7. Let It Loose (instrumental)
8. Sweet Black Angel (instrumental)
9. I Don't Know The Reason Why
10. Highway Child
11. All Down he Line
12. I Ain't Lying
[Edited by cabledogg2]
June 15th, 2005 09:55 PM
cabledogg2 If there is a specific title you would be interested in just post it here. As long as i have the title , i am more than happy to put it up on the tracker........cabledogg2
June 15th, 2005 11:54 PM
ezequiel2517 Anyone has the Shepherds Bush Empire 8th June 1999 concert to make a torrent? Thanx in advance, Ezequiel.

pd: tomorrow i´ll put a link for the video of "oh no, not you again" (pvt cam + dualsource audio, I made this mix, hope all you guys/girls like it)
[Edited by ezequiel2517]
June 16th, 2005 07:48 AM
Javi Hi,could somebody post some 78s video concert of Stones tour,for example live Forth Worth or another one?
Thanks people
June 16th, 2005 11:16 AM
mac_daddy right on!

it looks like we are all in agreement in regards to bit torrent ettiquette - that should make things move more smoothly.... 'nuff said.

many thanks for all of the new torrents - the millard tapes are great, and i really have enjoyed the laid in the shade comp - alot of those versions sound really good. i assume that mr d track i pretty beat up on the original, too... regardless, it is a great set...

there is something wrong with the tropical disease *.torrent file. it is not recognized by the web server or by torrent spy, so you might want to make it again...

oh, i am now seeding that ronnie and fiends recording (3/13/05) that gazza sent me to FLAC and seed (thanks again for the discs, btw )...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
June 16th, 2005 11:32 AM
Gazza GREAT STUFF...THANKS FOR UPLOADING IT
June 16th, 2005 12:00 PM
Pauli A new one:

The Rolling Stones
All Meat Music CD1
Vinyl Gang Product [VGP-283]

Nicaraguan Benefit Concert
Inglewood Forum, Los Angeles, January 18, 1973
Audience

Lineage: Original CD --> EAC --> WAV --> FLAC FRONTEND (LEVEL 6) --> FLAC

See more info at:
http://www.rollingstonesnet.com/VGP_Archive.html

Please note that this is only CD1. CD2 will follow when I have seeded this one first.
June 16th, 2005 03:45 PM
mac_daddy thanks, pauli!

___

i apologize to the two who are getting choked 7.5 kBps for the rltw, but i am using the majority of my upspeed for the ronnie and friends seed. maybe you will find some help...

___

is there any more specific information regarding the sources of the material on laid in the shade..? i had never heard some of that stuff before - the dancing with mr d, the sympathy collage , the citadel...

just curious as to any extra info. thanks...

____

what dates are the lost millard discs sourced from..? d3 and 4 is a nicely done patchwork, of a complete sow, i was just curious as to which one...

and discs 1 and 2 - which noght do those come from..?

this one is a fun listen, for sure...
___

thanks again to all involved. remember, if you are downloading originally, you are giving back just as much, if not more, to other folks by leaving your downloaders ("clients") open and uploading to the torrent.

June 16th, 2005 04:00 PM
Pauli mac_daddy, see my previous post. There is link where you can find information for many VGP release... including Lost Millard Masters.
June 16th, 2005 04:04 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Pauli wrote:
mac_daddy, see my previous post. There is link where you can find information for many VGP release... including Lost Millard Masters.

thanks again - i must've missed that (the first time 'round).
June 16th, 2005 07:16 PM
cabledogg2 Hey Mac i just reloaded "tropical disease" now it comes up with some error message. Any advice?
June 16th, 2005 07:23 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
cabledogg2 wrote:
Hey Mac i just reloaded "tropical disease" now it comes up with some error message. Any advice?

there were to of them - i removed the wrong one...

(the first one did not work, and a new one appeared just a little while ago)

when you see it back on the tracker, download it from there (be sure to refresh the page)...

_____

edit:

the acoustic motherf*ckers and babylon gig torrents that were up ave been removed because they were not proper torrent files. whoever uploaded them, please try to make the *.torrent file again.

(sometimes giving it a filename with NO spaces helps)

[Edited by mac_daddy]
June 16th, 2005 10:40 PM
jpenn11
quote:
cabledogg2 wrote:
If there is a specific title you would be interested in just post it here. As long as i have the title , i am more than happy to put it up on the tracker........cabledogg2

Oh my, not only a dedicated Stones tracker and generous seeders, but also seeds by request! Thanks for the offer!

I appreciate your considering any one of these:

In Exotic Honolulu -- Hawaii 1973
Mannheim on Ice -- Mannheim 1973
Mick Taylor--McCabes Guitar Shop--1st & 2d shows

Of course, feel free to surprise us. All of your seeding is much appreciated.

June 17th, 2005 01:08 AM
Pauli I have started to seed CD2 for "All Meat Music" now.
June 17th, 2005 01:34 PM
KeithRichards Hi guys - I have a question!
I downloaded the Ronnie and Fiends show yesterday and there seems to be a problem with the file d1t06 (the reggae song) - the song is only 1 minute long. I don't know if it's only me who has this problem, but it would be cool if someone could reseed this one song!
June 17th, 2005 01:51 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
KeithRichards wrote:
Hi guys - I have a question!
I downloaded the Ronnie and Fiends show yesterday and there seems to be a problem with the file d1t06 (the reggae song) - the song is only 1 minute long. I don't know if it's only me who has this problem, but it would be cool if someone could reseed this one song!

quote:
from the txt file included with the FLAC files

5:31.35 58470764 --- -- ----- rw2005-03-13d1t06.wav

d1t06 is just over five minutes thirty one seconds in length

delete the bad file, reconnect to torrent, point to the drive where the dir is located, and you will download the file again. once you are complete, stay connected for as long as possible as a seed to help others download the music, too

[Edited by mac_daddy]
June 18th, 2005 09:06 PM
Soul Survivor Torrent's are cool
June 18th, 2005 10:20 PM
cabledogg2 New on the tracker. The last 2 disc's of "The Lost Millard Masters". This is the July 13th show ( ignore the date in the torrent comments it is wrong).Enjoy!!!!!!!!
June 19th, 2005 04:40 AM
Andy L Did anyone manage to download A Stone In My Shoe (VGP-368) from DaD before it was banned? I'd love to see it seeded here if possible...
June 19th, 2005 05:18 AM
Pauli
quote:
Andy L wrote:
Did anyone manage to download A Stone In My Shoe (VGP-368) from DaD before it was banned? I'd love to see it seeded here if possible...

Let's see what mac_daddy think about it. I have sent the inquiry to him if it's ok to seed it here.
June 19th, 2005 01:46 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Pauli wrote:

Let's see what mac_daddy think about it. I have sent the inquiry to him if it's ok to seed it here.

thanks for asking about it first... i have replied in an email.
June 19th, 2005 02:01 PM
Pauli Ok, I will seed it here tomorrow. But only Detroit 75 tracks.
June 19th, 2005 03:56 PM
cabledogg2 New on the tracker "North American Tour '72" . I actually found this vinyl boot at a thrift shop for $1.00! A few comments about the boot , I transfered this to cdr exactly like it is on the album (each track has a fade in and a fade out). I realize that the songs are not in the order that they were performed on the tour but that is the way they are tracked on the vinyl boot. I have been told that this boot is actually from the 7/5/72 Norfolk , Virginia show. I can't confirm this if anyone can please do! I made up some artwork for the disc and have included a pix of the original album. As with all vinyl records there are some "snaps crackles and pops" but i believe this actually adds to the nostalgia of the recording. Last but not least ENJOY!!!!!!
[Edited by cabledogg2]
June 19th, 2005 05:06 PM
Andy L
quote:
Pauli wrote:
Ok, I will seed it here tomorrow. But only Detroit 75 tracks.

That's a huge shame, it's the only bootleg which has the complete Let's Spend The Night Together from El Mocambo. I personally would like to see the whole thing seeded - none of the other torrent sites are anywhere near as strict as DaD when it comes to banning material (e.g. TTD and BootCity have allowed the Cream RAH shows) and to be honest, I'm surprised that the El Mocambo tracks have been banned here on the RO tracker.

Mac, could you give us some guidelines so we know what can and can't be seeded in future? Would we able to torrent, say, the Paris '76 soundboards? What about the Mickboy studio remasters or the MSG '69 audience recordings?
June 19th, 2005 05:40 PM
mac_daddy i am not aware of the actual contents of the boot in question...

however, all i requested was that if the tracks are the same as on lyl, they not be included. i dont have lyl in front of me atm, and i cant remember what is on side 3... if the versions on lyl are cut, and the ones on the boot are uncut, there is no problem. the only things i think that should not be included are the exact tracks that appear on lyl.
if the el mocambo tracks on this boot are different sources than what supplies the material for lyl, there is no problem seeding those, either...

live recordings shouldnt be a problem (76, 69, etc.), but the mickboys that are basically vinyl rips of commercial material i think should not be uploaded to the tracker...

re: the official RO tracker policy, it is "under development" now by the unholy trinity...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
June 19th, 2005 06:20 PM
Andy L
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
i am not aware of the actual contents of the boot in question...

however, all i requested was that if the tracks are the same as on lyl, they not be included. i dont have lyl in front of me atm, and i cant remember what is on side 3... if the versions on lyl are cut, and the ones on the boot are uncut, there is no problem. the only things i think that should not be included are the exact tracks that appear on lyl.
if the el mocambo tracks on this boot are different sources than what supplies the material for lyl, there is no problem seeding those, either...

live recordings shouldnt be a problem (76, 69, etc.), but the mickboys that are basically vinyl rips of commercial material i think should not be uploaded to the tracker...

re: the official RO tracker policy, it is "under development" now by the unholy trinity...

A Stone In My Shoe has four tracks from El Mocambo - Route 66, LSTNT, Crackin' Up and Little Red Rooster. The latter two of those four tracks are also on LYL. If those two tracks (I haven't heard this boot - maybe Pauli could clear this up?) are taken from the same sources as VGP's previous El Mocambo release (which I have), then CU is taken from a muffled high gen soundboard recording and LRR is from a hissy acetate - they are not the exact tracks on LYL, especially when you consider the many overdubs too...
[Edited by Andy L]
June 19th, 2005 06:45 PM
mac_daddy those sources sound fine - i just dont want "filler" to be actual rips from commercial material. i totally trust pauli's judgement on this one, so if he can confirm the mocambo tracks are not ripped from lyl, there is no problem seeding them here...

June 19th, 2005 08:34 PM
Gazza The version of "Little red rooster" thats been bootlegged is over a minute and a half longer than the version on Love You Live.

"Crackin' Up" as far as I can recall is pretty much the same length wise, but as Andy points out, it isnt lifted from the official live album but an unmixed and undubbed soundboard source - so, it's ok.

To keep us on the right side of the law with these things, the only problem we have is with bootlegs/torrents containing material copied from officially released recordings - for that reason, we couldnt allow the songs on "Stripped Companion" for example which have been either officially released as bonus tracks on Cd singles or (in the case of the re-recording of "Honest I Do") on an official soundtrack album.

The Mickboy recordings are a bit harder to judge, but its probably best to err on the side of caution I think.
June 20th, 2005 01:58 AM
Pauli Here is the one:

The Rolling Stones
A Stone In My Shoe
Vinyl Gang Product [VGP-368]

Cobo Hall, Detroit, Michigan, July 28, 1975

Sound Quality: Very Good Soundboard

Lineage: Original CD --> EAC --> WAV --> FLAC FRONTEND (LEVEL 6) --> FLAC

Tracks:

CD 1:
Honky Tonk Women
All Down The Line
If You Can't Rock Me - Get Off Of My Cloud
Star Star
Gimme Shelter
Ain't Too Proud To Beg
You Gotta Move
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Happy
Tumbling Dice
It's Only Rock 'n' Roll
Band Introductions
Fingerprint File

CD 2:
Wild Horses
That's Life
Outa Space
Brown Sugar
Midnight Rambler

(unfortunately the last three songs are missing:
Rip This Joint/Street Fighting Man/Jumping Jack Flash)

El Mocambo, Toronto, Canada, March 4&5, 1977
Route 66
Crackin' Up (!! excluded from this torrent !!)
Little Red Rooster (!! excluded from this torrent !!)
Let's Spend The Night Together

Artworks included

I can always seed those two tracks later if we found out that they are ok. At the moment I cannot verify them against LYL.
June 20th, 2005 02:02 AM
Pauli I failed to upload my torrent. Something wrong with tracker?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)