ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy
Arriving to rehearsals - Greenwood College, Toronto July 19
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: the rocks off rolling stones bit torrent thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
April 9th, 2005 09:12 AM
mac_daddy yeah rik!

(i love seeing more and more RO'rs get on the bit torrent train)

Rolling Stones 1997-09-23

also...

here is a torrent tracker that only has bowie material...

and...

Rolling Stones - R.S. V P. - Beggars Banquet Outtakes

ROLLING STONES OKC 1-28-03 SHN

ROLLING STONES " OAKLAND 19th NOVEMBER 97´" EXCELLENT 20 Bit REMASTERED

and finally...

The Rolling Stones - 1975-07-13 - 1st gen (flac)

looks like i have to d/l this one again...

(edit: added new torrent links and bowie tracker)
[Edited by mac_daddy]
April 12th, 2005 02:27 AM
marko Your pkg goes out today,including
Chicago-78
Washington-78
Oakland-78

washington is a killer show.
April 12th, 2005 08:41 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
marko wrote:
Your pkg goes out today,including
Chicago-78
Washington-78
Oakland-78

washington is a killer show.

you send 'em, i transfer and torrent 'em...

as for those longstanding dat transfers (seppelin), i have some time next month, and i will get to them, i promise...

April 12th, 2005 11:03 AM
marko Don´t worry about the zep.just do them when u got time.
Next pkg will include Helsinki shows,95,98 and 03.
April 13th, 2005 08:24 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
Easytree is now DimeADozen.org...keep it clean this time!

I'm now so excited that I'm typing this with my penis!

Little Frisky!
April 13th, 2005 01:29 PM
sonicrock anybody knows what happens to the mick taylor dvd 69 70 part 1 can t find the page anymore if anybody can reseed please
April 14th, 2005 10:57 PM
mac_daddy Rolling Stones Rock the Palas 8-16-02 SBD Flac

did any of you get on those dylan geltson acetates..? i was wondering if they were worth pulling...
April 15th, 2005 05:02 AM
Gazza I didnt get them on the torrent, but I've had them on tape for about 20 years

They are very good, although from memory most are pretty similar to the released versions
April 15th, 2005 09:16 AM
egon in order to be able to download i need
to install the bit torrent program i guess...?

where would i get it, and do you just have to install
one version or are there "different" systems?

who can help me?
April 15th, 2005 10:06 AM
Gazza You would, yes

http://btfaq.com/serve/cache/1.html

There are different programs, with Bit Tornado and Azureus being the most popular. They're free and pretty easy to install

see here for a few links :

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item#faq_technical

as torrent files are either flac or shn files, you'll need to install

a) foobar2000 for playing back flac files
b) Mkw audio compression tool for converting shn files to wav. files to enable you to copy them
c) burning software , for example burnatonce

I'm sure some of the others can come up with more recommendations.

It's not as big an ordeal as it looks like to begin with. I dont pretend to understand all the technobabble about it, but once you've figured out the basics its relatively easy

[Edited by Gazza]
April 15th, 2005 11:11 AM
egon thank you sir gazza.
and have fun at the footie this weekend
April 15th, 2005 12:40 PM
brianisnotdead If you burn with Nero, you just need 2 plugins to convert. I can e-mail you the plugins or the hyperlink where you can download them (500 kb).

Have a great weekend,
Erik
(it's raining in Holland)
April 15th, 2005 08:51 PM
scope The link would be nice. I'm new to this torrent stuff as well, and already have Nero, so it sounds to me like it would be easier to use the plugins you recommend.

Ain't raining here.
April 15th, 2005 09:12 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
scope wrote:
The link would be nice. I'm new to this torrent stuff as well, and already have Nero, so it sounds to me like it would be easier to use the plugins you recommend.

Ain't raining here.

afaik, if you use nero, it sould be able to handle flac; if it does not, youwill need to update nero
April 17th, 2005 07:57 PM
mac_daddy about 5 or 6 mick taylor sources on ezt right now, along with voodoo at halloween ('94), rotterdam ('03), and a few others...

get your leeds lungs out is up at ttd - if you dont have that, you should get it (so is the brian wilson SMiLE show i sent some of you last year)...
April 18th, 2005 09:32 AM
J.J.Flash Mac.....

MuddyWatersRollingStones 11-22-81 is currently available through dimeadozen.org.

Is the following information correct?
------------------
Muddy Waters & The Rolling Stones
Soundboard-Sound is B+ but I uploaded it for historic value
11/22/81
Checkerboard Lounge
Chicago, IL
Disc 1
Sweet Little Angel #
Flip,Flop & Fly
Down The Road I Go
Country Boy
King Bee
Someday Baby
County Jail

Disc 2
Baby Please Don't Go
Hoochie Coochie Man
Long Distance Call
Manish Boy >
Champagne & Reefer
Next Time You See Me #
Talkin' About My Woman #

With Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ron Wood and Ian Stewart and others
# w/ Buddy Guy
-------------------
Is this really a B+ sounboard source? I thought it was really a prime soundboard one. What do you have to say?

TIA
April 18th, 2005 05:12 PM
brianisnotdead
quote:
scope wrote:
The link would be nice. I'm new to this torrent stuff as well, and already have Nero, so it sounds to me like it would be easier to use the plugins you recommend.

Ain't raining here.

Here it is:
http://neroplugins.cd-rw.org/

Erik
April 18th, 2005 09:26 PM
jpenn11 EAC Question

I recall reading somewhere that, for ripping, you shouldn't use the "Tools->Copy CD" feature in EAC, but should "Actions->Copy Selected Tracks".

Any truth to this recollection?

(Just asking about ripping at this point. Burning is irrelevant.)
April 18th, 2005 09:29 PM
mac_daddy so your sys guy gave you the OK - i am glad that worked out...

you want to select all the tracks

then right-click the highlighted tracks >>

test + copy tracks...

the crc sums should all match...

save the eac log, and include it with the flacs that you make.
April 18th, 2005 10:46 PM
jpenn11 Thanks for the instruction! I remembered that the correct ripping method was counterintuitive, but that seemed counterintuitive . . .

Work computer has EAC done right; the one at home is incorrigible. So I'm still waiting for sys. Also, I'm not ready for flacking--just ripping without compression before the collection gives up the ghost. (I've started to notice some skipping that wasn't there before. Degradation of those older CDRs was expected, but I've been slow in preparing for it . . .)

One more question, please--when moving or copying flac files between hard drives (the current one may be filled up soon), can I just click and drag or must I use some flac program?

[Edited by jpenn11]
April 18th, 2005 11:01 PM
mac_daddy you can copy and pastee files in exlorer...

my advice - use md5summer and make a fingerprint. make a fingerprint, move the file, ceck the fingerprint, and if it is ok - you know that you have the complete file. i do this with data cds and dvds, too - that way i can tell that the dvd burned proeperly...

md5summer.org
April 18th, 2005 11:38 PM
jpenn11 Great--thanks mac dadday! Now I understand those prior md5 references and those fingerprints you used to post.
April 19th, 2005 10:45 AM
J.J.Flash Mac Daddy, could you please answer the above question I posted? Thank you dude!
April 19th, 2005 07:49 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Mac Daddy, could you please answer the above question I posted? Thank you dude!

this one..?

quote:
Is this really a B+ sounboard source? I thought it was really a prime soundboard one. What do you have to say?

i dont know - i havent heard it, but i am guessing that though it is a sbd, the sound is not A+ :: hence the grade...

April 19th, 2005 10:39 PM
jpenn11 Someone asked for this a while ago.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=37875

TERRY REID-IKE & TINA TURNER-B. B.KING OAKLAND NOV. 9, 1969 AUD FLAC (OPENING FOR THE ROLLING STONES)"
OAKLAND COLISEUM,OAKLAND,CA. NOV.9,1969

TERRY REID TR1-3
IKE & TINA TURNER TR4-5
B.B. KING TR6-10

NO SETLISTS

OPENING FOR THE ROLLING STONES

AUD MASTER > 3RD GEN CASSETTE > M-AUDIO TRANSIT >
COOL EDIT > CD WAVE EDITOR > FLAC
April 20th, 2005 08:34 AM
mac_daddy thanks for the tip!
April 20th, 2005 05:29 PM
jpenn11 I'm beginning to understand why folks collect silver CDs:

md5summer: 14 tracks and 14 errors, it thinks the file does not ex[ist?]
April 20th, 2005 07:28 PM
mac_daddy that sounds like sloppy seeding...

either the files are WAV in the md5 (when the files are shn/flac), or the filenames themselves are wrong...

April 20th, 2005 09:17 PM
jpenn11 There also was a "pre-Stones" Altamont torrent, later banned due to overlap with official stuff. It seemed to have been replaced with CSNY @ Altamont: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=37991

Just passing this along in case you are interested. I'm following the maligned but still wonderful Taylor torrent war.
April 20th, 2005 09:53 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
jpenn11 wrote:
There also was a "pre-Stones" Altamont torrent, later banned due to overlap with official stuff.

early bird gets the worm - again, thanks for the tip...

quote:
It seemed to have been replaced with CSNY @ Altamont: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=37991

Just passing this along in case you are interested. I'm following the maligned but still wonderful Taylor torrent war.

good for you!

try to get fendert to come over here - he is big over at one of the mick taylor sites, and d00d has alot of gems. he was flowing all sorts of stuff back in the heydey of StG. it is great to see him at ezt...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)